Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daniel and Jennifer Move On; Airs the week of December 31st
Topic Started: Dec 27 2012, 10:06 PM (5,487 Views)
world50

BillieD
Dec 29 2012, 09:30 AM
lily20
Dec 29 2012, 03:24 AM
apparently corday thinks people like this disgusting pairing ? :drunk: have no idea where he's getting that from
What I don't understand is why he agreed to go with them again, after they broke them up last year and moved Daniel into Nicole's ummm "orbit". I guess TomSell layed the Hard Sell on thick, stating that they could make them what MarDar failed to, the next generation of Tom and Alice.

If you recall, Danloe had their issues and lots of backlash but the writers went with them anyway, and for a good amount of time. That is, until they decided to put Daniel and Jennifer together. Maybe it just looks like Dannifer will prevail but they will end soon. I know, I know - wishful thinking! :shrug:
There is a high possiblity you are right.I do believe that Corday/Tomsell/NBC are not supermen.........they ARE aware of our feedback ......and there are just so many hits before a fighter goes down.;) Damage control is coming .......I'd bet on it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

leela46
Member Avatar

BillieD
Dec 29 2012, 09:30 AM
lily20
Dec 29 2012, 03:24 AM
apparently corday thinks people like this disgusting pairing ? :drunk: have no idea where he's getting that from
What I don't understand is why he agreed to go with them again, after they broke them up last year and moved Daniel into Nicole's ummm "orbit". I guess TomSell layed the Hard Sell on thick, stating that they could make them what MarDar failed to, the next generation of Tom and Alice.

If you recall, Danloe had their issues and lots of backlash but the writers went with them anyway, and for a good amount of time. That is, until they decided to put Daniel and Jennifer together. Maybe it just looks like Dannifer will prevail but they will end soon. I know, I know - wishful thinking! :shrug:
That's what doesn't make any sense. They do know how unpopular this couple is, we have proof. They were obviously gong with Dannifer before but then that storyline was abruptly dropped, Jennifer was put back with Jack, and Daniel was sent away for several weeks. So I guess the question is, why are they going full steam ahead with Dannifer again? I don't visit every Days board, but the ones I do read the fans loathe Dannifer. Can other audience feedback be that much difference than online? Is there a focus group that is head over heels in love with Dannifer?

I wouldn't mind Daniel if his sleazy behavior was acknowledged onscreen. Even for a soap opera there's something icky about a doctor who has sex with all his female patients. Plus so many characters have been ruined in order to prop Daniel. Maggie used to be one of my favorite characters and now for me she is virtually unwatchable. Her gushing over this "son" she never knew is nauseating. It;s not like he was a child she had loved and had tragically been lost to her. I'd love to see her real children, Sarah and Melissa, return and give her hell for ignoring their existence in favor of Daniel.

I was at first really excited about Chloe's return. Now I'm dreading it. She and Parker are going to be nothing but stupid Dannifer angst.

Mason
Member Avatar

leela46
Dec 29 2012, 12:25 PM
That's what doesn't make any sense. They do know how unpopular this couple is, we have proof. They were obviously gong with Dannifer before but then that storyline was abruptly dropped, Jennifer was put back with Jack, and Daniel was sent away for several weeks. So I guess the question is, why are they going full steam ahead with Dannifer again?
Because the regime that loved them together was given their walking papers and now they're back.

annie21

Yes, and this regime is convinced that the MarDar writers were inept amateurs who created a mess, so they're determined to prove that they were right all along, and that they can return Dannifer to what they consider its former glory. Tomlin in particular has made it clear in the past that he has his favorites and, if you're one of them, you're on constantly. If you're not, your character is killed off or ruined/trashed. Even when writing for his favorites, he only seems able to churn out weak, plot-driven writing, horribly lame stories, and cringe-worthy dialogue. Have I mentioned I'm not a fan of his? lol.

I don't think Corday had a choice, though. It seems like T&W were imposed on him by the network (namely, Bruce Evans, SVP of Daytime Programming at NBC). Even though I blame Tomlin for the current mess, he's only getting away with it because this Evans dude allows it (and maybe even demands it.)

Caylee
Member Avatar

Quote:

This week, Soap Opera Digest features an article on Daniel and Jennifer. Jennifer and Daniel celebrate New Year's Eve together and share a kiss at midnight. There romance is kicking into high gear and Daniel wonders if she will spend the night with him. "Jack died in August and Daniel is aware that she has needed time to grieve his death," says Shawn Christian. But, they are in "amazing place" right now and he senses that Jennifer is opening up and maybe ready for that next step.

Daniel also meets with Eric and they realize they share a mutual friend in Nicole. Daniel likes that Nicole is in good hands with Eric and it allows him to move forward with Jennifer.

Posted Image
:flipoff:
Edited by Caylee, Dec 29 2012, 02:04 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

This depresses me.

Ljay
Member Avatar

But, they are in "amazing place" right now and he senses that Jennifer is opening up and maybe ready for that next step.

With Daniel wanting to take the next step with Jennifer and Ej wanting to go to the next level with Sami. None of this can be good, LOL

I just wish when Chloe comes back the thing is gonna be moving on is Jennifer....

bomber
Member Avatar

"Jennifer is opening up".
Does that refer to her legs or one of her operation scars?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I watched the show for Thursday and Friday and didn't FF Daniel and Jennifer. I watched them. There's something I don't like about them. For me, I think they act like 12 year olds that are just discovering the opposite sex for the first time. I keep looking at Jennifer and thinking What are they doing with this character? This is a WOMAN, not a teenager, who has loved and lost and now all of sudden acts like she likes some boy? And Daniel, he has this, I don't even know how to explain it, this childness about him when he's around Jennifer. I really think that they should have waited on this relationship. It would have been nice to see some sort of mourning process for Jennifer. It would have been nice to see Jennifer be a strong woman, even when she's around someone like Daniel. I think part of the problem with the character of Daniel is that each writing team that has been at Days has a different vision of what Daniel is--it changes but all we, as viewers, see is a character who is not a well defined character and one that's just not liked. If the writers can't do something like this then please let them go off for a little while, reboot them and go on. It's such a shame as to what the "creative" people have done with these characters as of late.

Ljay
Member Avatar

bomber
Dec 29 2012, 07:40 PM

Cant say I wasn't waiting for this one, LMAO! :lol:

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

They wasted paper with an article about Dannifer?

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

bomber
Dec 29 2012, 07:40 PM
I'm guessing her legs? :x I guess she just can't resist when something orange and glowing is coming her way. :puke:

lily20

talbab1994
Dec 29 2012, 08:56 PM
I watched the show for Thursday and Friday and didn't FF Daniel and Jennifer. I watched them. There's something I don't like about them. For me, I think they act like 12 year olds that are just discovering the opposite sex for the first time. I keep looking at Jennifer and thinking What are they doing with this character? This is a WOMAN, not a teenager, who has loved and lost and now all of sudden acts like she likes some boy? And Daniel, he has this, I don't even know how to explain it, this childness about him when he's around Jennifer. I really think that they should have waited on this relationship. It would have been nice to see some sort of mourning process for Jennifer. It would have been nice to see Jennifer be a strong woman, even when she's around someone like Daniel. I think part of the problem with the character of Daniel is that each writing team that has been at Days has a different vision of what Daniel is--it changes but all we, as viewers, see is a character who is not a well defined character and one that's just not liked. If the writers can't do something like this then please let them go off for a little while, reboot them and go on. It's such a shame as to what the "creative" people have done with these characters as of late.
rebooting them isn't going to work. they sucked the first time and they suck now.
they have NO chemistry.the writers need to ditch this pairing. why force something that's clearly not working and will never work.
Edited by lily20, Dec 29 2012, 09:55 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

lily20
Dec 29 2012, 09:54 PM
talbab1994
Dec 29 2012, 08:56 PM
rebooting them isn't going to work. they sucked the first time and they suck now.
they have NO chemistry.the writers need to ditch this pairing. why force something that's clearly not working and will never work.
They don't need to reboot them to keep them together, these characters need rebooted period! I believe that the writing for both of these characters have been really bad. I think that both have the potential to be good, solid characters, but they have really been hurt by each writing staff at Days.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I wish that the title of this thread was "Daniel and Jennifer Move On;... together... out of Salem... across the ocean... to another country!" :wave:

Honeybees
Member Avatar

The most fun thing about Dannifer article threads is watching the dislike count go up and up and up on the first post. I mean, has their every been another pairing that inspired such near universal loathing? Shane/Kayla? Taylor/EJ?

Evan
Member Avatar

If Jack was to come back from the dead for the 5th or 6th time, I hope he tells Jennifer to go to hell, and they cast a new love interest for him.

Oh dear, Corday won't be happy - Jennifer and his dream couple Dannifer get more brickbats:
http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/on-air-on-soaps-names-the-best-and-worst-of-2012/2012/12/29/
Edited by Evan, Dec 31 2012, 05:34 AM.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm glad to see it is not just us fans that hate Dannifer. They are making most of the soap web site/blogger lists in the worst couple/triangle category. Jennifer is also making lists as most ruined soap character.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply