Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casting tidbits
Topic Started: Dec 27 2012, 10:19 PM (13,172 Views)
camera shy

AngelOB
Jan 1 2013, 01:40 AM
camera shy
Dec 30 2012, 10:01 AM
AngelOB
Dec 30 2012, 04:38 AM
Those kids look cute, I hope that they're a bit more personable than the current girls.

As for the possibility that Nicole has 2 zombie babies out there, if they do come back they'd better bring Zombie Pookie with them.
Well their grandfather Stefano has been know to come back from dead once or twice or thrice.
I find his ability to come back to life more 'believable' than 2 dead fetuses doing the same, but this is Days so who knows? As I say this, I'm aware of the history of Chelsea Brady, so if Days chooses to bring back more swamp/zombie babies they'll find a way to do it. I'm sure if it comes to that, it will occur when Sami and EJ are on the verge of yet another almost reunion, as a form of angst for them.
We'd have to get a hint first that Sami's in love with EJ. Although I don't know why a child between Ejole would be angst for Ejami when Nicole didn't want anything to do with EJ when she was carrying his son.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Daiseyflower1
Dec 29 2012, 09:47 PM
It is good they recast Sydney the last was so dry.Regardless if we do get Sydole or not,Nicole and Sydney love each other.
:shrug: Nicole kidnapped Sydney. Nicole is a sick bitch for still being attached to Sydney. She's not hers. Someone should tell Sami & EJ that after a couple years, she's still obsessed with Sydney. Wouldn't put it passed her for her to kidnap her again.

Daiseyflower1
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Jan 1 2013, 08:41 AM
Daiseyflower1
Dec 29 2012, 09:47 PM
It is good they recast Sydney the last was so dry.Regardless if we do get Sydole or not,Nicole and Sydney love each other.
:shrug: Nicole kidnapped Sydney. Nicole is a sick bitch for still being attached to Sydney. She's not hers. Someone should tell Sami & EJ that after a couple years, she's still obsessed with Sydney. Wouldn't put it passed her for her to kidnap her again.
:shrug: Well she's no worse then Sami.And Nicole knows Sydney isn't hers.So why would she want to go to jail again. :shrug: But this thread is about the casting of new Sydney.Again glad they did and i would love for Sami whore to have one less child.

james0479
Member Avatar

I'm glad someone is being brought on for a story with Hope but I'm uber curious as to who it is and what the story will be. Im not meaning to piss off Peter Reckell fans, he's been on my tv screen for years and I never disliked the guy, but here's what I think. If he wasn't comfortable with the deal he was given, or whatever reason he opted to leave, he could've agreed to go out with a bang. I'm no fly on the wall at Corday Productions, but I know PR decided to leave and Corday said they wouldnt kill the character off. However, wouldn't that have at least been a story? Hope dealing with the tragic loss of Bo Brady. Some may say that would be too soon after the death of Lexie....I had 7 family members die in the same year (2008) so it happens. It could've created story and beautiful scenes between Theo and Ciarra as they bond over their individual losses. To me, Peters send off was THE most lackluster of any vet ever. But I don't know if I blame the writers per se. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see where they take Hope from here.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

maverick
Member Avatar

I blame the writers, EP's, lack of creative vision and direction and yes the budget for the completely lame exit. He should have been killed on screen, but the type of stories this group is doing, it didn't fall under that.

james0479
Member Avatar

I wonder if PR was somehow able to make a deal with Corday that they would leave the door open for a return. That doesn't mean they couldn't have "killed" the character lol...but who knows. I just loathe the "Bo is getting water or out of town" exit
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daysofold

maverick
Jan 1 2013, 01:55 PM
I blame the writers, EP's, lack of creative vision and direction and yes the budget for the completely lame exit. He should have been killed on screen, but the type of stories this group is doing, it didn't fall under that.
I too blame the writers, EP, NBC and Sony for totally destroying this show and Peter Reckell's exit. We all know Tomlin and Whitesell disliked PR, and will not be writing for any of the vets which is a HUGE mistake. Here's hoping that the New Year brings the firings of the current writing team. :applause:

annie21

Hey, Jason, you've been cited as a source again. http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/01/days-recasts-child-actors

Lil
Member Avatar

I don't really have a problem with the current Syd...In fact, I find it hilarious (especially in scenes withthe Sween) when they look bored as Hell. But more cute kids can't be a bad thing, I guess. Although I wouldn't have thought a Sydney re-cast was really neccessary right now when there are so many other stories/actors that could use an adjustment.

As for the new character for Hope...I am worried. I hated Bo's exit as much as everyone else even though Bo & Hope were never my faves. And if this new guy is just going to be another generic Taniel-esque guy, then I am all fucking set.
Edited by Lil, Jan 2 2013, 01:42 PM.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

camera shy
Jan 1 2013, 03:27 AM
AngelOB
Jan 1 2013, 01:40 AM
camera shy
Dec 30 2012, 10:01 AM
AngelOB
Dec 30 2012, 04:38 AM
Those kids look cute, I hope that they're a bit more personable than the current girls.

As for the possibility that Nicole has 2 zombie babies out there, if they do come back they'd better bring Zombie Pookie with them.
Well their grandfather Stefano has been know to come back from dead once or twice or thrice.
I find his ability to come back to life more 'believable' than 2 dead fetuses doing the same, but this is Days so who knows? As I say this, I'm aware of the history of Chelsea Brady, so if Days chooses to bring back more swamp/zombie babies they'll find a way to do it. I'm sure if it comes to that, it will occur when Sami and EJ are on the verge of yet another almost reunion, as a form of angst for them.
We'd have to get a hint first that Sami's in love with EJ. Although I don't know why a child between Ejole would be angst for Ejami when Nicole didn't want anything to do with EJ when she was carrying his son.
I believe the big reason in bringing back Georgia/Chelsea was to put a kink in the Bope relationship via Bo's child with Billie, and I'm thinking that causing angst for Dannifer is the main reason that Parker's paternity has been changed to Dan. Nicole's main purpose since her return 5 years ago has been to cause some sort of strife for EJami and I would expect any returning children she had with EJ to do the same.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply