Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casting tidbits
Topic Started: Dec 27 2012, 10:19 PM (13,175 Views)
lumifan4life

Evan
Dec 28 2012, 01:38 AM
Could they be bringing back Patrick Lockhart(Brody Hutzler) to reconnect with Hope?
Just a thought that came to me when I read these spoilers.
Patrick Lockhart is not a new character.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

When Kristen first came back, I assumed that Stefano secretly was keeping Nicole's son in Europe and that's why he hasn't returned to Salem, and that he was going to give Baby Ejole to Kristen in exchange for her destroying John and Marlena's marriage. That way, Kristen gets her little boy that she was denied when she miscarried "John Jr." and Marlena is free for Stefano to obsess over again. But, that idea was trashed when Nicole actually held her dead son. I don't think Baby Ejole is coming back, and I'm still not convinced that Sydole is going to happen. I'm just happy that Sydney has been finally recast :hail:

Jason47
Member Avatar

Nadia and Talia Hartounian have been cast as the new Sydney DiMera, replacing Isabelle and Sahara Roberts in the role. The Hartounian twins appeared in one episode of "CSI: NY" earlier this year as Lucy Messer, the daughter of Danny and Lindsay Messer. Born in January 2008, they are actually five months younger than the previous Sydney. They are set to make their "Days" debut in February, 2013.

http://www.jason47.com/jason47b/images/hartouniantwins.jpg

maverick
Member Avatar

Angie79
Dec 27 2012, 10:19 PM

From the "Stuff We Know" section....

Hope (Kristian Alfonso) will soon have more to do when a new character arrives in Salem with a checkered past.
Franco's twin brother!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

EJ_SamiFF
Dec 28 2012, 12:46 AM
Did I miss a spoiler? Where is this spoiler that says Sydney is Nicole's daughter :blink:
There isn't one. The last time they recast Sydney, nothing changed. I think they recast Allie at least once and nothing changed. I like to wait until I see a significant change in s/l and I haven't seen it. EJ doing something nice (when IMO, he shouldn't have) around Christmas isn't it to me. Parker coming back with Chloe but without Phillip for a s/l centered around Daniel? My mind started to wonder.
Chances are it's either the recent Sydney not doing well with dialogue, the parents realizing that she isn't comfortable and want to move on or a combo of both.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Dec 28 2012, 07:41 AM.

Will&Sonny

I'm pleased that the role of Sydney is being recast. The old actresses were almost as stiff and uncharismatic as Greg Vaughan.

However, unlike most here, I DO NOT want Sydney to turn out to be Nicole's child, for so many reasons. (As always, it should go without saying that this is all simply my opinion.)

- It gives more story to E.J. / James Scott. I hate E.J. / James Scott, and he already has plenty of airtime as it is.

- It ties Nicole to E.J. I hate E.J. I do not hate Nicole. I want Nicole to have a baby with someone -- anyone -- who is not named E.J. DiMera. E.J. deserves nothing. (Now, if Sydney turned out to be Nicole's and it was also revealed that E.J. was not the father, that would be a different matter entirely...and no less contrived than the original idea that Sydney is Nicole's. I could live with watching James Scott horribly act his way through the revelation that E.J. had lost yet another child.)

- With Parker's paternity already being changed, changing Sydney's paternity as well would just seem excessive.

- I've never considered Sydney to be Nicole's child to begin with, so I'm not emotionally invested in the relationship at all.

- I'd prefer to see Nicole actually...you know, raise her child from birth. Yes, she's been "around" Sydney for most of Sydney's life, but that's not nearly the same as actually being around for all of a child's life.

- Unlike Parker's paternity switch, this whole idea that Sydney has been Nicole's all along just seems completely contrived and impossible to me, but I will concede that soap operas are where contrived, impossible ideas go to die.

Anyway, if it happens, I'll get over it, and I'll even be happy for those of you who have been wanting it to happen for a very long time. This post probably sounds more dramatic than it's meant to, so I'll go ahead and make that clear. I really couldn't care less in the end -- it's not going to cause me to quit watching the show or anything (I've never quit watching the show, and I never will -- if Sir Blinks-a-Lot couldn't make me quit watching, nothing short of cancellation will ever be able to). I just think that it's a really bad idea.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to say that Sydney was just recast for the same reason that most roles are recast -- because the old actor sucked -- and that all of this speculation will ultimately prove to be completely inaccurate.

And now, without further adieu...

:run:

camera shy

am103
Dec 28 2012, 01:43 AM
When Kristen first came back, I assumed that Stefano secretly was keeping Nicole's son in Europe and that's why he hasn't returned to Salem, and that he was going to give Baby Ejole to Kristen in exchange for her destroying John and Marlena's marriage. That way, Kristen gets her little boy that she was denied when she miscarried "John Jr." and Marlena is free for Stefano to obsess over again. But, that idea was trashed when Nicole actually held her dead son. I don't think Baby Ejole is coming back, and I'm still not convinced that Sydole is going to happen. I'm just happy that Sydney has been finally recast :hail:
Well Billie buried Chelsea out in the swamp and we know how that turned out. And I can't remember who Nicole said it to, but she did say that the baby looked just like he was sleeping. You really have to throw out logic when it comes to soaps. Will should be older than EJ.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

tomsawyer
Dec 27 2012, 11:32 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 27 2012, 11:20 PM
You know I could see this Sydney recast possibly playing into that surprise KC was talking about. It's well known that happy couples aren't featured on this show so if Days does go with Ejami for a time I can see Syd being Nicole's and either EJ keeps it from both Nicole and Sami or Ejami keeps it from Nicole...and that becomes the Lock stock barrel story Corday promised....
That's what I'm thinking too. I bet Ejami finds out that Syd is Nicole's and their big story is that they decide to keep it a secret. That could play into a bigger umbrella story because as Ericole get closer and Racole remain close friends, Sami's stakes are pretty high in not having the secret come out. She'd not only lose Syd, but Rafe and Eric would be pissed at her for not telling Nicole. And on EJ's side, if they find out Grace was the Ejami baby, then EJ would be keeping the secret from Chad that his daughter is really still alive and out there somewhere. Lots of stakes all around.
I don't get this? What has Chad to do with this? He did not have an affair with Sami did he? O.o
I missed this chapter. Who is graces?

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Courtneya6688
Dec 28 2012, 12:22 AM
Rafe of course will be the one to find out. It could be a great storyline with potential to shake up a lot of different characters.
As long as EJ stays the father.. I don't care who is the real mother. Nicole being the mother does sounds so intriguing.. so really she was stealing her own daughter from Sami? I mean.. what happened then? Did Sami or WHO? steal the child for Sami? Rafe? .. i mean.. Sami cannot be the one arranging this.. so who and why?

lumifan4life

Will&Sonny
Dec 28 2012, 08:09 AM
- It gives more story to E.J. / James Scott. I hate E.J. / James Scott, and he already has plenty of airtime as it is.

Sadly I never see that changing but I totally understand, lol.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Hologram
Dec 28 2012, 09:20 AM
tomsawyer
LuvingLumi
You know I could see this Sydney recast possibly playing into that surprise KC was talking about. It's well known that happy couples aren't featured on this show so if Days does go with Ejami for a time I can see Syd being Nicole's and either EJ keeps it from both Nicole and Sami or Ejami keeps it from Nicole...and that becomes the Lock stock barrel story Corday promised....
That's what I'm thinking too. I bet Ejami finds out that Syd is Nicole's and their big story is that they decide to keep it a secret. That could play into a bigger umbrella story because as Ericole get closer and Racole remain close friends, Sami's stakes are pretty high in not having the secret come out. She'd not only lose Syd, but Rafe and Eric would be pissed at her for not telling Nicole. And on EJ's side, if they find out Grace was the Ejami baby, then EJ would be keeping the secret from Chad that his daughter is really still alive and out there somewhere. Lots of stakes all around.
I don't get this? What has Chad to do with this? He did not have an affair with Sami did he? O.o
There were three babies involved in the original baby switch. Syd (Sami and EJ's daughter who Nic tried to pass of as hers), unnamed baby girl (Nicole and EJ's daughter who Nic miscarried at about 5 months), and Grace (Chad and Mia's daughter who Nic planned to adopt and was originally going to pass of as hers). When Syd and Grace were born, Nic switched them, giving Grace to Sami and keeping Syd. If Syd is actually Nic and EJ's daughter (who somehow didn't die during the miscarriage and was kept hidden until Grace and Sami's baby were born), than we don't know which of the other two babies belonged to Sami and EJ and what happened to the third baby. Make sense, lol?

gailwinters
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 28 2012, 09:54 AM
Hologram
Dec 28 2012, 09:20 AM
tomsawyer
LuvingLumi
There were three babies involved in the original baby switch. Syd (Sami and EJ's daughter who Nic tried to pass of as hers), unnamed baby girl (Nicole and EJ's daughter who Nic miscarried at about 5 months), and Grace (Chad and Mia's daughter who Nic planned to adopt and was originally going to pass of as hers). When Syd and Grace were born, Nic switched them, giving Grace to Sami and keeping Syd. If Syd is actually Nic and EJ's daughter (who somehow didn't die during the miscarriage and was kept hidden until Grace and Sami's baby were born), than we don't know which of the other two babies belonged to Sami and EJ and what happened to the third baby. Make sense, lol?
I had to laugh when I read that and your question "make sense?"! That's a loaded question for any story line with Days. :P

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Ashtonion
Dec 27 2012, 10:23 PM
Wow, anvils, anvils, anvils. I mean, it's hard not to get my hopes up thinking they have a lot in store for that little girl in the coming months. I smell a Sydole reunion. Please God, let it be true!!
I can just about say for certain that I would never complain about anything this show did ever again if I got my Sydole reunion.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
LuvingLumi
Love this idea. LOVE IT. Practically dancing a jig at the thought of it.

MissLola
Member Avatar

I am intrigued by Sydole. But please no more custody battles. The last 4 plus years of Ej vs. Sami was draining enough.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

MissLola
Dec 28 2012, 10:33 AM
I am intrigued by Sydole. But please no more custody battles. The last 4 plus years of Ej vs. Sami was draining enough.
If Syd really is Nic's daughter, you can bet there will be some type of custody battle or cover-up. If they do the story, they're doing it to create drama and Ejami just handing Syd over to Nicole is not drama.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

maverick
Dec 28 2012, 04:01 AM
Angie79
Dec 27 2012, 10:19 PM

From the "Stuff We Know" section....

Hope (Kristian Alfonso) will soon have more to do when a new character arrives in Salem with a checkered past.
Franco's twin brother!
Ewww... No thanks. Franco was creepy enough. We don't need an equally creepy twin. That said, someone with the same characteristics (aka "Hope thinks he's the nicest guy, but he's really manipulating the situation to get to his end game") would be refreshing. The only person manipulating right now is Kristen.
Days needs more soapy drama & less "teen show" drama!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Making Sydney Nicole's brat would be one of the dumbest, most illogical things this show ever did. It would be about as stupid as Erica Kane's grown adult aborted fetus and making Daniel Maggie's eggbaby. IMO, it's one of the absurd and ridiculous forms of craycray fanwank ever.

esp13
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 28 2012, 11:02 AM
Making Sydney Nicole's brat would be one of the dumbest, most illogical things this show ever did. It would be about as stupid as Erica Kane's grown adult aborted fetus and making Daniel Maggie's eggbaby. IMO, it's one of the absurd and ridiculous forms of craycray fanwank ever.
I agree it would be stupid and illogical and in the same circle of hell as the unaborted fetus and the eggbaby. But, even with all that if I thought this show could make a really good story out of it, I'd over look the stupidity. I would have done that with AMC and with the eggbaby too. But the show never makes a good story out of it. And that makes the stupidity and lack of logic just stand out more.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

We know that Parker's paternity is going to be changed and story will center on that beginning in the next couple of weeks. I doubt they will run two stories about kids having different parents at the same time.

I think it's obvious they recast Sydney because the little ones playing her currently weren't cutting it. That 'video' for Nicole was painful to watch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply