Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Casting tidbits
Topic Started: Dec 27 2012, 10:19 PM (13,540 Views)
NikiLani
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 28 2012, 05:02 PM
rpmaluki
Dec 28 2012, 04:40 PM
lysie
Dec 28 2012, 04:28 PM
rpmaluki
Dec 28 2012, 04:22 PM
Nicole has got to be the only character that never gets any sort of payoff. She was cheated on, lost both her babies and was molested by Dr Taniel for months, harassed by Jennifer and made into the town pariah when there are far worse characters doing an awful worse than she did and they get to be happy and content despite their sins or even being exposed for them . When will Nikki have her day? So yes I want Sydole to happen badly, about as close as I want her baby boy alive! I don't care for logic or any pseudo realism this show IS NOT known for. Salem is a town where a man can be a decade older than a boy who was a (pre)teen when he was born, a still born swamp baby can show up as a teen less than a decade she was buried, where we can watch a man die today and rise from the dead the following day, or a woman having feelings for her tormentor of six to seven years she's known him just to name a few.
Here's the thing. That's not how any of that happened. This is where speculation and fanfiction and fanwank become a problem on this board. The rest of us cannot discuss something with you that didn't happen.
If you mean the cheated on part I believe that's how she viewed it and the molested part, that how I view it because Daniel should not be sleeping with any of his patients it's unethical. Jennifer did harass her over the paternity of her son just because they did a 180 doesn't negate that fact. It's not fanfiction or fan wanking it's my opinion over what this show dished out. Nicole is no saint by any means and neither is the town except maybe the kids. If those hypocrites can be rewarded for their fair share of atrocities especially in this year alone I don't see why not Nicole. Give me Sydole or don't I don't care what I am asking is to give Nicole her child of her own with or without a man.
We all know what you're asking for. It's been repeated ad nauseam by many people for months. Some would argue years. We get it. This is a general discussion board, not a Nicole board. Please go cry foul about poor Nicole on a fan board or twitter.
So be it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

rpmaluki
Dec 28 2012, 05:07 PM
Angie79
Dec 28 2012, 04:52 PM
Matt
Dec 28 2012, 04:44 PM
Um... Nicole actually seduced Daniel into helping her with her baby con against EJ and then it actually developed into an affair from there. There was not one single time where Nicole was not a willing participant or taken advantage of and to state otherwise is a total misrepresentation of the story as it happened and complete & utter fanwank.
Yeah, she wasn't a victim in that situation. She used Daniel to help her and ended up wanting more with him. That isn't his fault.
According to the ethics board (if this show was at all realistic) yes she would've been his victim but I guess that's neither here nor there. The show as I said continues to rag on her and magically makes EVERYTHING her fault disregarding the roles that other people played (she was not alone in this). Like rafe who should have butted out of EJole's business but he didn't so whatever(Sami acting all self righteous over this may be a blessing in disguise for rafe since he deserves better than that town bicycle anyway) I do know it will be a cold day in hell before I believe Daniel is some innocent in the months they subjected me to the second most disgusting pairing called Dicole!
If ethics were going to come into question, I think Daniel should worry more about his role in the switched paternity test than anything else.

As far as Rafe goes - Nicole was grateful for his involvement and never gave any indication otherwise. She thanked him repeatedly - even after the baby died. At any point in time Nicole could have ended the charade - and Rafe's involvement - by simply telling the truth about EJ being the father. She chose not to do that - all on her own.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

rpmaluki
Dec 28 2012, 05:07 PM
Angie79
Matt
Um... Nicole actually seduced Daniel into helping her with her baby con against EJ and then it actually developed into an affair from there. There was not one single time where Nicole was not a willing participant or taken advantage of and to state otherwise is a total misrepresentation of the story as it happened and complete & utter fanwank.
Yeah, she wasn't a victim in that situation. She used Daniel to help her and ended up wanting more with him. That isn't his fault.
According to the ethics board (if this show was at all realistic) yes she would've been his victim but I guess that's neither here nor there. The show as I said continues to rag on her and magically makes EVERYTHING her fault disregarding the roles that other people played (she was not alone in this). Like rafe who should have butted out of EJole's business but he didn't so whatever(Sami acting all self righteous over this may be a blessing in disguise for rafe since he deserves better than that town bicycle anyway) I do know it will be a cold day in hell before I believe Daniel is some innocent in the months they subjected me to the second most disgusting pairing called Dicole!
Daniel and Rafe were HELPING Nicole. They are guilty of covering up the paternity of her baby, but they didn't hurt Nicole (on purpose anyway). It is not like Nicole is being punished for lying to EJ about the paternity or for lying about Jennifer. She is free and nobody is trying to get revenge on her.

six
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Matt
She seduced him yes but he is a grown man he didn't have to succumb to her wanton ways and as her (former) doctor he was bound not to have a sexual relationship with her but he did.
Doctors in Salem are clearly not bound by the same set of ethics as in real life. They sleep with their ex patients, operate on their relatives etc. all the time. The hospital COS usually knows about it. Nobody gets brought before the ethics board.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

six
Dec 28 2012, 05:16 PM
rpmaluki
Matt
She seduced him yes but he is a grown man he didn't have to succumb to her wanton ways and as her (former) doctor he was bound not to have a sexual relationship with her but he did.
Doctors in Salem are clearly not bound by the same set of ethics as in real life. They sleep with their ex patients, operate on their relatives etc. all the time. The hospital COS usually knows about it. Nobody gets brought before the ethics board.
Yep. Salem police officers and lawyers also are not subject to the same professional standards as they would be in real world. Oh and most Salem criminals don't get jail time because apparently convicting someone of a crime is a near impossibility in the Salem courts. Really, there's no point in trying to compare rules/laws in the real world to those in Salem because Salem rules/laws are defined only according to what suits the story.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Here is how I feel about NIcole and her mothering ways. I remember clearly how Nicole couldn't be bothered with serving as a step mom to Will when she married Lucas for 5 million. I can buy her not wanting that because 1) she was in it only for the money, she wasn't in love with Lucas and didn't give a shit about Will. 2) She was in love with another man 3) she was working as a model at the time, being young and photographing well seemed to be her priority. 4) this was well before her shooting that left her unable to carry to term, that can change how she felt regarding children.

I think there has been a concerted effort by this show to showcase Nicole wanting to be a mother ever since her first pregnancy with EJ came out. The miscarriage was heart wrenching to watch. I think the fact that she thought she could never have children again and then realized Ej got her pregnant sent her into this state that she's been in ever since. Add the miscarriage, the flipping out with the rubber baby and trying to pass another child off as hers and all that and now this latest travesty with the still born and her losing it over Dan leads me to believe that at the very least the attempt to take the character from 'not wanting' a child in the 90s to fully wanting and doing everything in her power to have one has put Nicole in a place that I wouldn't mind seeing her with a child.

If this materializes (and I still think it's too soon to say it might) I understand many people don't like the fact that Nicole might end up having the child that she switched and kidnapped back as her biological daughter. Shit this is a soap, stuff happens ALL THE TIME that I have issues with, and stories have been centered for a few years now on villains winning with no alternative payoff for the good guys in that area. Then again I know of many stories on Days that are far worse and have given characters children, women and other things that frankly the characters shouldn't have simply because of the behavior depicted by them to get what they wanted. So if Nicole gets this kid, so be it.

In reality I'm fine with Syd being Nicole's and I'm fine with her staying Sami's. I don't have a horse in that race as I've never liked Ejole and frankly Ejami having two children hasn't given them any real romantic connection enough to build a story around. So to me, it's what could potential further the story along and I'm thinking making Syd Nicole's would be able to do just that. If anything I'll love for Syd to turn out to be Nicole's so it can serve as karma for Nicole and Sami 's behavior surrounding the baby switch. Sami for withholding the truth from EJ and trying to pass who she thought was her daughter as Rafe's child instead. And NIcole for donning the baby belly, switching the kid, kidnapping the kid, etc....it's payback for both if you ask me...Nicole could have lived with Sydney knowing she was her daughter all this time but because of decisions she made she's lost valuable time in that area.

So that being said, I've always wondered the focus on Sami constantly telling Rafe, Caroline, Lucas or anyone that "Ej is the father of two of my kids" as if that alone was an excuse to give him a try in her life......that's been said so much lately that I have to wonder if there is something behind it. The way I see it...the speculation wouldn't continue unless the show fuels the fire, and lately they have been dropping some pretty big Sydole anvils around....Corday's SID interview that came out this week, says something about there being something in NIcole's future that will redeem Nicole.....I can't think of anything else it might be but having a child that's confirmed to be biologically hers.

MissLola
Member Avatar

I thought he was refering to Eric in the SID article?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

MissLola
Dec 28 2012, 05:31 PM
I don't consider romancing a priest and making the guy leave the priesthood especially redeeming Nicole....

MissLola
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 28 2012, 05:35 PM
MissLola
I don't consider romancing a priest and making the guy leave the priesthood especially redeeming Nicole....
I don't either and I don't really like that story enough to follow it. But I thought that is what Kennyboy was refering to. He also said something to the effect that he thought that Dannifer and the Safe/Ejami saga was just great so that says something about what an ass he is.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

MissLola
Me, too. The whole part about Nicole seemed to be about Eric.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
MissLola
KC is well known to have his own unique take on...pretty much everything. ;)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

six
Dec 28 2012, 05:48 PM
LuvingLumi
MissLola
I don't take anything he really says that seriously anymore, I've learned my lesson, the guy is a flat out liar. He's been proven more times to lie than say the truth. Who can forget the time he said that the focus would be more on the Hortons....and we got Eggbaby, and Mel being a Horton via Maggie....

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 28 2012, 05:52 PM
six
Dec 28 2012, 05:48 PM
LuvingLumi
MissLola
I don't take anything he really says that seriously anymore, I've learned my lesson, the guy is a flat out liar. He's been proven more times to lie than say the truth. Who can forget the time he said that the focus would be more on the Hortons....and we got Eggbaby, and Mel being a Horton via Maggie....
He obviously worships the Monkey Paw.

AFaithL

MissLola
Where is this article?

Bee
Member Avatar

Oh come on. It seems pretty obvious to me that the recast is because the current girls aren't strong enough in scenes with the little boys who play Johnny. Anyone who watched the recent Christmas stuff would have picked up on that. The girls were too wooden and shy. I don't think it has anything to do with storyline crap. This looks like a nice recast. These girls look similar to the boys who play Johnny - well a lot more than the current girls anyway.

Oh and Corday is just a big fat liar. He would say anything to keep everyone watching the show.

Next up:

ALICE and TOM back from the dead!
Edited by Bee, Dec 28 2012, 06:03 PM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Bee
Dec 28 2012, 06:02 PM
Oh come on. It seems pretty obvious to me that the recast is because the current girls aren't strong enough in scenes with the little boys who play Johnny. Anyone who watched the recent Christmas stuff would have picked up on that. The girls were too wooden and shy. I don't think it has anything to do with storyline crap. This looks like a nice recast. These girls look similar to the boys who play Johnny - well a lot more than the current girls anyway.

Oh and Corday is just a big fat liar. He would say anything to keep everyone watching the show.

Next up:

ALICE and TOM back from the dead!
Well, he didn't say a darned thing that makes me want to watch. :P

outrageous
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Dec 28 2012, 03:50 PM
Imo Nicole becoming a mother has nothing to do with EJole. I want Nicole to find love......with a child of her own long before I start caring who ends up in her pants. If it's Sydney great. If it's the little boy she just lost even better. I just want her to be a mother plain and simple
Then why Sami's baby? They can bring back her own. The so called dead miscarried one, or the stillborn one. Although, if her son wasn't dead when the replacement doctor declared it dead, he sure would have been after Nicole threw herself down the stairs in order to frame Jennifer.

I have nothing against Nicole getting her own baby at some point. IMO making Sydney her kidnapper's child is all kinds of wrong.

Helpless Romantic

outrageous
Dec 28 2012, 06:42 PM
rpmaluki
Imo Nicole becoming a mother has nothing to do with EJole. I want Nicole to find love......with a child of her own long before I start caring who ends up in her pants. If it's Sydney great. If it's the little boy she just lost even better. I just want her to be a mother plain and simple
Then why Sami's baby? They can bring back her own. The so called dead miscarried one, or the stillborn one. Although, if her son wasn't dead when the replacement doctor declared it dead, he sure would have been after Nicole threw herself down the stairs in order to frame Jennifer.

I have nothing against Nicole getting her own baby at some point. IMO making Sydney her kidnapper's child is all kinds of wrong.
Well that sure didm't stop the PTB from making Johnny Sami's rapists child but they went there. If we go by your logic then I guess we can agree that Elvis shouldn't have Johnny either, just saying.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 28 2012, 07:04 PM.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Dec 28 2012, 07:01 PM
outrageous
rpmaluki

Well that sure didm't stop the PTB from making Johnny Sami's rapists child but they went there. If we go by your logic than I guess we can agree that Elvis shouldn't have Johnny either, just saying.
What rape? There was no rape on my screen, while baby kidnapping was very clearly there. It can't be spun, it happened clear as day. Anyways, the rape card has been debated for years, you can't debate Nicole stealing Sami's child.

Regardless, if TPTB want to make Sydney Nicole's, they will no matter what I think about it. I can still voice my opinion though, as far as I know, at least.
Edited by outrageous, Dec 28 2012, 07:09 PM.

Helpless Romantic

outrageous
Dec 28 2012, 07:04 PM
Helpless Romantic
Dec 28 2012, 07:01 PM
outrageous
rpmaluki

Well that sure didm't stop the PTB from making Johnny Sami's rapists child but they went there. If we go by your logic than I guess we can agree that Elvis shouldn't have Johnny either, just saying.
What rape?
Please I'm not getting into this but pretending that it didn't happen or wishing it away will never change that it did no natter what the PTB do to whitewash it. Nicole is no worse than Elvis and if her getting Syd is wrong then Johnny should have remained Lucas'
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 28 2012, 07:23 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply