Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
John and Brady Face Off Over Kristen!; Airs the week of December 31st
Topic Started: Dec 27 2012, 10:30 PM (6,252 Views)
Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

I can't believe they went from Bradison to this shit! Sorry, JMO.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

six
Dec 27 2012, 11:11 PM
Kenny
Dec 27 2012, 11:08 PM
six
Dec 27 2012, 11:07 PM
Kenny
Dec 27 2012, 11:00 PM
I'm surprised by how much I'm liking Brady and Kristen. It took me a while to warm up to them but I actually kind of like them together. That said, it bothers me how the writers are basically making this story up as they go along. When Kristen first came back to Salem, she worked hard to make John believe she had changed. If her plan all along was to create a rift between Brady and John, wouldn't it have made more sense if Brady believed she had changed and John didn't? Or did her plan change mid-stream when her fling with Brady took off? Either way, I'm going to need the writers to choose a direction with this story and go with it. This is a start, I guess, but I hope it actually leads to something because the Kristen of old would've had much more up her sleeve than just bedding a man to piss off her ex-lover. That's fun and all, but it's child's play compared to the stunts Kristen used to pull.
Well, the writers did have her tell EJ something along the lines of a better opportunity fell in her lap and she was going to run with it.
Which basically means the writers are making it up as they go along, LoL.
To me that sounds like her plans changed midstream (that the writers planned to have her change her plans). I guess it depends on how long the writers knew they were going to pair her with Brady. And I assume they must have known early on, since there was no build up to the relationship whatsoever lol.
Or maybe the writers had one idea in mind and changed directions in mid-stream, because they saw ED and EM's chemistry. Kinda like "Whoa...let's back up and take a look at this here." This show is hurting for couples with chemistry, and Brady and Kristen have IT. Sometimes you gotta change course when you find something working out so well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

I like the sound of all of this. Kristen is my hero :wub:

And it is SO refreshing to know that Kristen doesn't have any interest in scheming her way back into John's bed. She simply wants to destroy him. I like that approach, although it would be even better if Belle was in town and could somehow be incorporated into this story.

Now that Kristen's cards are all out on the table and the secrets are out, I look for this to get REALLY good!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

am103
Dec 27 2012, 11:24 PM
I like the sound of all of this. Kristen is my hero :wub:

And it is SO refreshing to know that Kristen doesn't have any interest in scheming her way back into John's bed. She simply wants to destroy him. I like that approach, although it would be even better if Belle was in town and could somehow be incorporated into this story.

Now that Kristen's cards are all out on the table and the secrets are out, I look for this to get REALLY good!
It was funny how you said "she simply wants to destroy him".
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 27 2012, 10:30 PM
"Kristen thinks John is really stupid for not catching on,"
Oh, because he was a GENIUS when Kristen was trying to get Marlena kidnapped by Stefano/Kristen faking her pregnancy/Susan having the baby/Marlena in the secret room... right? :P

But yeah, this sounds great!
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I like this, I wish Belle were in town so Kristen could systematically demolish the Black family, and I hope she stays wicked. Without remorse, or needless angst.
Edited by px780, Dec 27 2012, 11:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Typical Salem,lose a love,mourn for 3 seconds,then jump into bed with the first thing that comes along.Brady,u can do better,way better,this is like Brady's 3rd relationship in a row based solely on sex,either the writers are just lazy or Brady has a sex addiction or little of both.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Dec 27 2012, 11:55 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

BalscoFan5
Dec 27 2012, 11:54 PM
Typical Salem,lose a love,mourn for 3 seconds,then jump into bed with the first thing that comes along.Brady,u can do better,way better,this is like Brady's 3rd relationship in a row based solely on sex,either the writers are just lazy or Brady has a sex addiction or little of both.
Or maybe, just maybe, Brady has finally found someone he has chemistry with. Unlike with Madison, Arianna, and Nicole.
Offline Profile Goto Top

parisa

I'm afraid that by having John realize Kristen hasn't changed, they are quickly ending the J/M/K story. J&M will go back to counseling all of Salem's lousy teenagers while Kristen will be used as a prop for Sami's story. That's what Corday's 2013 preview hinted at too.

It's too bad. J/M/K have so many potential stories to tell!
Edited by parisa, Dec 28 2012, 12:29 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

It sounds okay, but the shock value has petered out because so many people have already walked in on them. There's more tension in what John will think of Marlena not telling him, than him finding out in the first place.

I still don't see much chemistry between them, though. They have all the trappings of sexy but no fire for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Dec 28 2012, 12:45 AM
It sounds okay, but the shock value has petered out because so many people have already walked in on them. There's more tension in what John will think of Marlena not telling him, than him finding out in the first place.

I still don't see much chemistry between them, though. They have all the trappings of sexy but no fire for me.
ITA about the Marlena reveal being better than this pitiful "scheme".
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

This storyline is soooo good. Can't say I've loved anything about Days in a long time but this I totally do! I'm a little nervous about Kristen falling for Brady now though. I don't wanna see her freak out over losing him :( I'm also hoping the end of this storyline doesn't mean the end of Kristen in Salem. But I'm sorta thinking her contract was short-term. Sadly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

melly123

I don't see that John can get too upset with Marlena for not telling him about Brady and Kristen. John has basically blown Marlena off whenever she tried to explain what she felt and that Kristen was up to no good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I'm kinda mixed on this storyline. I really like Brady & Kristen together, but I find it kinda stupid that Kristen's main plan was to seduce Brady to hurt John. It's obvious that the writers are making things up as they go. I am glad that the writers seem to have Kristen wanting to hurt John, but I'd much rather have Kristen's anger go towards Marlena. I think this storyline of Kristen's revenge would have worked better with her going after Eric.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

This sounds exciting and I will be watching. Bristen do have amazing chemistry. HOWEVER, Brady is so pathetic that it kind of puts a downer on things. He is so horny and clingy and he falls in love at the drop of a hat. That he's always willing to throw his family relationships under the bus for the sake of the woman he's currently bedding is incredibly sad and pitiful. He deserves just a little bit of comeuppance.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 28 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm kinda mixed on this storyline. I really like Brady & Kristen together, but I find it kinda stupid that Kristen's main plan was to seduce Brady to hurt John. It's obvious that the writers are making things up as they go.
I thought it was meant to be perceived that Kristen was making things up as she went along, getting the lay of the land and then settling on a course of action. That would make the most sense since she was away for so long. She's also remarked a few times (to E.J.) to the effect that something just fell into her lap, something better than she could have anticipated.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 28 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm kinda mixed on this storyline. I really like Brady & Kristen together, but I find it kinda stupid that Kristen's main plan was to seduce Brady to hurt John. It's obvious that the writers are making things up as they go. I am glad that the writers seem to have Kristen wanting to hurt John, but I'd much rather have Kristen's anger go towards Marlena. I think this storyline of Kristen's revenge would have worked better with her going after Eric.
They could keep it the same if Kristen's focus was on tearing Marlena's family apart by having her son and husband not be speaking, making her (Marlena) fight with her husband, the true love that (in her eyes) ruined her life. But Marlena should be the center of Kristen's attention/hatred. That just make sense.
Online Profile Goto Top

bygnedys

Anything that keeps them from showing Daniel 24/7.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Brady why not just date a chimp?U can do alot better than Kristen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Bristen are hotter than hot! Can`t wait to see where it lands.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic