Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, December 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 28 2012, 02:31 PM (7,098 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

This John/Brady scene isn't make sense to me. What does Brady's sobriety have to do with anything? And I wish they'd thrown in a comment about John's former drug addiction. AND ANOTHER STEPMOTHER COMMENT!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

I wish Will would stop being so damn wish-washy. Either you want to tell the truth or you don't. Pick one and stick with it.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:01 PM
I'm fairly certain that by "more fun in a dentist's chair", Kate means she screwed a dentist.
I just kind of assume that whatever profession you mention, Kate's screwed one.

lysie
Member Avatar

It's all very soapy that Adrienne is coming around to Will just in time for the reveal. I wish we'd gotten to see a little more conflict, though.

lysie
Member Avatar

Whenever Kate is in the Kiriakis mansion I feel like she's standing around thinking of ways she could burn it down.

annie21

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 31 2012, 01:29 PM
annie21
Dec 31 2012, 01:26 PM
lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:15 PM
I don't really follow Marlena's thinking here. If she tells John that Brady is sleeping with Kristen then she thinks he'll sleep with Kristen?
Yeah, that's how it came across to me, too, which is so wrong-headed on Marlena's part. If Kristen really wanted to, she could seduce both father and son -- even if it meant resorting to alcohol, drugs, mind control, micro chips, or whatever. Thinking that Brady is keeping Kristen fully occupied and away from John is just not realistic.

Not to mention it shows a lack of trust for her husband, which IMO, is very out of character for Marlena. Even if John did believe that Kristen had changed, Marlena is still the only woman in his heart.
Yeah, I didn't mention it because I was trying to give Marlena the benefit of the doubt. I tend to think she's like the parent with the teenage child who, before handing over the car keys, says, "I trust you; it's those other drivers out there." My point is, that even if she trusts John, Kristen could resort to several devious means for seducing John (or kidnapping or harming him in any way).

To me, it would have been better for Marlena to cite as her motivation for keeping the secret that she knew John would be devastated by the news; thus, she was hoping to shield it from him until she figured out how to deal with Kristen's machinations.

Anyway, it's just another paper-thin excuse the writers use for furthering their plot. Having John get mad and move out is another. A more in-character turn would have John realizing that he's been blind and it's been hurting Marlena. And John should be vowing to work together with Marlena to do whatever it takes to bring Kristen down.

lysie
Member Avatar

This isn't a half bad "Sami knows" fake out.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sami's mama bear instincts with Gabi are so OTT ridiculous.

lysie
Member Avatar

Hope: Here's your label-less water.

lysie
Member Avatar

Aw. Brady's "you're furious with me, aren't you?" was really good.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Awe Brady Black your an idiot.

lysie
Member Avatar

Brady has said his peace (piece?) and now he's going to take a walk in the woods.

lysie
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 31 2012, 01:41 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Dec 31 2012, 01:29 PM
annie21
Dec 31 2012, 01:26 PM
lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:15 PM
I don't really follow Marlena's thinking here. If she tells John that Brady is sleeping with Kristen then she thinks he'll sleep with Kristen?
Yeah, that's how it came across to me, too, which is so wrong-headed on Marlena's part. If Kristen really wanted to, she could seduce both father and son -- even if it meant resorting to alcohol, drugs, mind control, micro chips, or whatever. Thinking that Brady is keeping Kristen fully occupied and away from John is just not realistic.

Not to mention it shows a lack of trust for her husband, which IMO, is very out of character for Marlena. Even if John did believe that Kristen had changed, Marlena is still the only woman in his heart.
Yeah, I didn't mention it because I was trying to give Marlena the benefit of the doubt. I tend to think she's like the parent with the teenage child who, before handing over the car keys, says, "I trust you; it's those other drivers out there." My point is, that even if she trusts John, Kristen could resort to several devious means for seducing John (or kidnapping or harming him in any way).

To me, it would have been better for Marlena to cite as her motivation for keeping the secret that she knew John would be devastated by the news; thus, she was hoping to shield it from him until she figured out how to deal with Kristen's machinations.

Anyway, it's just another paper-thin excuse the writers use for furthering their plot. Having John get mad and move out is another. A more in-character turn would have John realizing that he's been blind and it's been hurting Marlena. And John should be vowing to work together with Marlena to do whatever it takes to bring Kristen down.

I think that's supposed to be how she feels about it, but that's not how it came across today. But I didn't think what she said today was a bad reflection on her trust with John. I thought it was just illogical.

lysie
Member Avatar

What's annoying is that Sami is so mad at Eric and Eric hasn't done a thing. Like...I don't even understand why she thinks he has.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

LMAO as Eric physically removing Sami. I had to rewind it and watch it again. Minding her own business is a foreign concept to Sami.

lysie
Member Avatar

Did Eric's cross move?

lysie
Member Avatar

Sami has her ear pressed against the door but she's not snooping.

lysie
Member Avatar

LMAO @ Will saying he and Sonny were going to stay in the church.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Sami is without a doubt the nosiest person in the world. Like I wouldn't be shocked if she has every phone in town tapped and a team of people listening in to tell her if they hear anything interesting.

lysie
Member Avatar

Has anyone ever seen Another Cinderella Story? The one with Selena Gomez. Anyway, one of the "stepsisters" has some serious crazy eyes, and AS's eyes remind me of them. Not normally. Just with the current hair and make-up. I guess it's the hair and make-up. She doesn't usually have crazy eyes...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply