Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, December 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 28 2012, 02:31 PM (7,008 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Dec 31 2012, 01:56 PM
Sami is without a doubt the nosiest person in the world. Like I wouldn't be shocked if she has every phone in town tapped and a team of people listening in to tell her if they hear anything interesting.
Seriously. She should be like...Salem's Gossip Girl. No one knows it's her and she's stirring up all kinds of crap.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Not gonna lie. Aside from the Gabi/Nick/Will meh-ness, I really enjoyed this episode. A lot. Wish we could get more of these. Loved Sami's temper tantrum and total obnoxiousness and how everything is about her. Eric was great handling her. Greg Vaughan is a great addition.

The Brady/John/Kristen/Marlena drama is fantastic stuff. LOVING Kristen so much. Brady is being so laughable right now. He really needs to start thinking with his actual brain and not the one in his pants, which seems to be his M.O.

Judi Evans was great in that bone she was thrown. Love her. She is so underused. Why can't Adrienne and Justin be leading storyline instead of Jennifer and Daniel? However, I kinda want Wally on GH as Ned .... lol.

Good episode.

deletemyaccountplease

sami was totally in character today

OliveAnn

lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:57 PM
Has anyone ever seen Another Cinderella Story? The one with Selena Gomez. Anyway, one of the "stepsisters" has some serious crazy eyes, and AS's eyes remind me of them. Not normally. Just with the current hair and make-up. I guess it's the hair and make-up. She doesn't usually have crazy eyes...
Are you talking about that sister who looks like and could well be Yvonne Zima? Or the other one?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Dec 31 2012, 02:10 PM
lysie
Has anyone ever seen Another Cinderella Story? The one with Selena Gomez. Anyway, one of the "stepsisters" has some serious crazy eyes, and AS's eyes remind me of them. Not normally. Just with the current hair and make-up. I guess it's the hair and make-up. She doesn't usually have crazy eyes...
Are you talking about that sister who looks like and could well be Yvonne Zima? Or the other one?
No, that's the one with Lizzie McGuire. And that is Yvonne Zima.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 31 2012, 02:16 PM
OliveAnn
Dec 31 2012, 02:10 PM
lysie
No, that's the one with Lizzie McGuire. And that is Yvonne Zima.
You mean the chick from Ginger Snaps? Um, Emily Perkins, I believe.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 31 2012, 01:29 PM
Not to mention it shows a lack of trust for her husband, which IMO, is very out of character for Marlena. Even if John did believe that Kristen had changed, Marlena is still the only woman in his heart.
I'd agree with that IF Kristen hadn't already raped John. If she really wanted to, she'd just do it again.

michr544125

Please more Judi Evans. She is the best actress on the show hands down. I loved the Adrienne scenes with Sonny and then Adrienne with Kate.

So glad this baby stuff secret stuff is just about coming out. I need it to end because it is all so repetitive. Even know I hate Nick, I love Blake. He's such a good actor.

Sami's lipstick was so distracting. It was way too dark.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

BalscoFan5
Dec 31 2012, 01:44 PM
Awe Brady Black your an idiot.
An idiot yes, .. but a lovable idiot.

I wish EJ would stop being an idiot by Sami (so many years now.. and run over a guy like Rafe). At least Brady's idioticy is fresh and new thanks to Kristen.
Edited by DayDreamer, Dec 31 2012, 04:28 PM.

AFaithL

Brady is an idiot (though has good chemistry with Kristen)

John and Marlena being written out of character, instead of the soulmates they are who (BACK EACH OTHER UP). I miss MarDar. No way in hell would John move out on Marlena, or not believe her, and no way would Marlena not trust him. Someone needs to read the history on who this couple is. Cuz they are botching it.

deletemyaccountplease

Samis outfit reminds me of 1995 or around there

annie21

AFaithL
Dec 31 2012, 05:22 PM
Brady is an idiot (though has good chemistry with Kristen)

John and Marlena being written out of character, instead of the soulmates they are who (BACK EACH OTHER UP). I miss MarDar. No way in hell would John move out on Marlena, or not believe her, and no way would Marlena not trust him. Someone needs to read the history on who this couple is. Cuz they are botching it.
Yes, remember last year when John was going to jail and he was trying to convince Marlena to give up on him? But she refused to do that and said she'd stand by him no matter what. What a difference a year (and a writing regime change) can make. :shame:

I'm all for having conflict for a married couple -- and not have them sitting around being happy all the time. But there were lots of ways the show could have gone with this that would have had John and Marlena confronting an obstacle together -- or at least not having John come across as such a dolt.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:16 PM
I rather enjoyed Drake today. I find I still enjoy him when he's not in scenes with Marlena looking annoyed at her existence.

lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:21 PM
This is a good conversation with Adrienne/Sonny. I wish Freddie would wake up to participate in it, but this is a good example, IMO, of a well done scene despite the fact that all participants aren't particularly good.

This is what I think is so fascinating about this show. Two people can watch it and draw completely opposite opinions. I continue to think Drake is by far the worst actor on the show and today didn't do anything to change my mind. As for Freddie, I still think he's one of the better actors on the show and actually gives a damn about his character and scenes. His brief scenes today with Judi only strengthened my opinion as I thought those mother and son scenes were better than the Sami and Will scenes. Different strokes I suppose.

lysie
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Dec 31 2012, 07:48 PM
lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:16 PM
I rather enjoyed Drake today. I find I still enjoy him when he's not in scenes with Marlena looking annoyed at her existence.

lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:21 PM
This is a good conversation with Adrienne/Sonny. I wish Freddie would wake up to participate in it, but this is a good example, IMO, of a well done scene despite the fact that all participants aren't particularly good.

This is what I think is so fascinating about this show. Two people can watch it and draw completely opposite opinions. I continue to think Drake is by far the worst actor on the show and today didn't do anything to change my mind. As for Freddie, I still think he's one of the better actors on the show and actually gives a damn about his character and scenes. His brief scenes today with Judi only strengthened my opinion as I thought those mother and son scenes were better than the Sami and Will scenes. Different strokes I suppose.
Well, don't get me wrong. I'm not planning to give the guy any awards. But I didn't think he was bad. I have thought he was pretty bad the last several weeks, though.

Lately, I just find Freddie snoozeworthy. It's not so much that he's bad; he's just not present. But rewind several months, and I thought he was just great.

But no worries. I think most things are better than Sami and Will scenes, lmao.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I bet ya'll any money in a few more months we will have another new writing team... if the show get renewed that is.

annie21

^^If I were TPTB at NBC, I would make any renewal contingent upon that very thing. But...

The fact that Corday can blithely assert that they're proceeding full steam ahead with the status quo (triangles, Dannifer, etc) -- especially in light of the turnaround at GH -- is as if he has his head buried in the sand. Can they all really be satisfied with the ratings they're pulling in? TomSell have set record lows a few times in the last few months, which means they were lower than MarDar, who were setting record lows themselves.

Unless he's blowing smoke, I really don't get it. Was Corday spewing this kind of junk right before Higley et al were fired?

Edited by annie21, Dec 31 2012, 08:19 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 31 2012, 08:18 PM
^^If I were TPTB at NBC, I would make any renewal contingent upon that very thing. But...

The fact that Corday can blithely assert that they're proceeding full steam ahead with the status quo (triangles, Dannifer, etc) -- especially in light of the turnaround at GH -- is as if he has his head buried in the sand. Can they all really be satisfied with the ratings they're pulling in? TomSell have set record lows a few times in the last few months, which means they were lower than MarDar, who were setting record lows themselves.

Unless he's blowing smoke, I really don't get it. Was Corday spewing this kind of junk right before Higley et al were fired?

Corday's pretty much always spewing this stuff.

Ireland98

Tammy
Dec 31 2012, 08:01 PM
I bet ya'll any money in a few more months we will have another new writing team... if the show get renewed that is.
To getting a new writing team, I :pray:

Kerenush
Member Avatar

I enjoyed today's show quite a lot...

Thought that Sami was fantastic bursting in twice... it was so Sami... I also enjoyed her conv with Will...

I enjoyed Will & Kate's conv as well. It's nice to see the interaction between the two... I love how Will stands up for Nick.. I just wish that Nick will show some respect to Will.

I also enjoyed Adrienne & Will as well as Adrienne & Kate scenes. It was nice and refreshing.

Hope/Marlena was nice too. Kinda like that Hope is there for Marlena though I am not a big Marlena fan.

I hate the fact that Kristen is going to create problem between Brady and John though I enjoyed the scenes between the father and son. Not a big fan of Kristen's hair today though...

Overall I thought it was a nice episode. It was so much better without Dannifer.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Kerenush
Dec 31 2012, 08:45 PM
Overall I thought it was a nice episode. It was so much better without Dannifer.
I agree. I didn't FF a single scene today, which seldom happens. I'd call that a win for the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply