Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, December 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 28 2012, 02:31 PM (7,126 Views)
camera shy

Loved Adrienne's comment about the earrings Victor had given her for Christmas.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

If the show gets a new head writer, I think Lorraine Broderick will be promoted to that position.

Serenity 808

lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:42 PM
Sami's mama bear instincts with Gabi are so OTT ridiculous.
At least we know that it is in part due to the fact that Sami wants to impress Rafe (though sadly the show only mentioned once that it was the reason Sami was planning the wedding).

LK, JE, FS, and CM were my favorite part of the show, easily. LK and JE need to be on more often.

Harmony233

Serenity 808
Dec 31 2012, 09:28 PM
lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:42 PM
Sami's mama bear instincts with Gabi are so OTT ridiculous.
At least we know that it is in part due to the fact that Sami wants to impress Rafe (though sadly the show only mentioned once that it was the reason Sami was planning the wedding).

LK, JE, FS, and CM were my favorite part of the show, easily. LK and JE need to be on more often.
IA the sami i know will be out for gabby/nicks blood when the truth comes out

AFaithL

annie21
Dec 31 2012, 06:22 PM

I'm all for having conflict for a married couple -- and not have them sitting around being happy all the time. But there were lots of ways the show could have gone with this that would have had John and Marlena confronting an obstacle together -- or at least not having John come across as such a dolt.
I don't mind him being a dolt. However, I DO mind him being an ass. And a hypocrite.

Nevermind the nonsensical stupidity of Marlena not telling him about Brady (which is really none of John's business to begin with). John - himself - has lied to her in the past. On numerous occasions. How many times did Marlena move out whenever John hasn't been truthful? ZERO.

Oh she did move out once --- when John was allowing Brady to emotionally abuse her back in 2001. For her own safety. Not because she was pissed. Despite it all, even though John was being cold and callous towards her, she stood by him.

Now, since Kristen has returned, John has blown Marlena off about her fears regarding Kristen. Acted like a jerk about it...and he wonders why Marlena hasn't told him about Bristen? It's because you won't support your wife or back her up, John. Instead you expect her to be nice to her kidnapper.

Yet somehow, though John has been the one who's acted like a jerk by not believing his wife, he somehow feels justified at being overtly pissed at her? After giving her no emotional support for the last 2 months?

Huh? What am I missing here? Shouldn't he be thanking her and apologizing profusely?

michr544125

LonePirate
Dec 31 2012, 07:48 PM
lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:16 PM
I rather enjoyed Drake today. I find I still enjoy him when he's not in scenes with Marlena looking annoyed at her existence.

lysie
Dec 31 2012, 01:21 PM
This is a good conversation with Adrienne/Sonny. I wish Freddie would wake up to participate in it, but this is a good example, IMO, of a well done scene despite the fact that all participants aren't particularly good.

This is what I think is so fascinating about this show. Two people can watch it and draw completely opposite opinions. I continue to think Drake is by far the worst actor on the show and today didn't do anything to change my mind. As for Freddie, I still think he's one of the better actors on the show and actually gives a damn about his character and scenes. His brief scenes today with Judi only strengthened my opinion as I thought those mother and son scenes were better than the Sami and Will scenes. Different strokes I suppose.
I thought Freddie was really good today also. Instead of some people that overact he plays it more chill in scenes that don't have much going on. In the first scene with Sonny and Adrienne I thought he did a great job. Him and Judi have such a realistic mother/son vibe. Freddie needs more meaty scenes on a consistent basis. And he's not getting it. His role has purely been for Sonny to be Will's boyfriend for the most part. But looking at the scenes when Sonny kicked Will out of his apartment and when Will pushed him away after the kiss, Freddie was fantastic. I think a lot has to do with the material because if we saw him on a more regular basis with consistently meaty material it may come across different in most of his scenes where not much is going on. He also showcased more spunk in the lighter scenes like when Sonny and Will were wearing costumes for halloween and when they joked about getting married. The problem also is the writing has been so dreary for him. When he first came on the show the writing was more fun loving for Sonny. I wish they would find a way to bring that back but based on the current story it's hard.
Edited by michr544125, Jan 1 2013, 09:49 AM.

Kali
Member Avatar

I really like Sami's hair. The lipstick and outfit though...ugh. And lately she just irritates me to no end, and this episode did nothing to change that.

Bristen/John/Marlena--this was awesome! Excellent reveal. Brady is so fucked up. I just love him in this storyline!

Loved seeing Adrienne and Kate.

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm a little surprised by how much I liked the Will/Kate scenes. There was a really good chemistry between them and I like how Will was trying to help without actually being all that supportive of Nick. And I was glad that Will mentioned Kate being part of that tug of war with him in the middle. It's a nice nod to history.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Anyone else catch Alfonso showing off her jewelry like she does in her tweet pics, LOL.

Kate was right about Hortons sticking together, but her saying it to Will came off unnecessary. Will is a Roberts, more so than a Horton. I'd say he's closer to Kate than any of the Hortons. So that just seemed like forced dialogue to go along with the plot. However, I always enjoy Will in scenes with Kate.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply