Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of January 14th; *Updated 1/8*
Topic Started: Dec 30 2012, 12:30 AM (67,893 Views)
nolagirl
Member Avatar

six
Jan 8 2013, 05:55 PM
concerned
Jan 8 2013, 04:09 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 8 2013, 03:42 PM
bomber
Jan 8 2013, 03:12 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Dan broke things off with Nicole on 8/20/12 (or at least tried to - she wouldn't accept it) and Maggie told him about Jack on 8/21/12.
It was right after she told him she had been told not to have sex any more due to the high risk nature of the pregnancy.
It was also after he talked things out with Maggie and decided the thing with Nicole needed to end. His timing was bad, but we knew he was planning to break things off before Nicole dropped the bomb about the sex.
No matter how the writers intended it, the way the chips fell made Daniel look like a sleaze bag and that he dropped Nicole for Jennifer after playing the jealous man about Rafe. Whether the writers wish to accept it Daniel by ALL his actions since he came to Day's has been one bad play after another. And talking it out with Maggie is like talking it out with Victor no love loss over Nicole he should have went to Sami or EJ and asked them what they thought. It was all about Dannifer and dropping the ball of Nicole/Daniel by trashing Nicole in favor of Saint Jenn.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

4vrejami
Jan 8 2013, 05:57 PM
nolagirl
Jan 8 2013, 05:47 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Jan 8 2013, 05:24 PM
concerned

Yep as soon as the sex stopped Dan was gone. :flipoff:
In RL they have a word for men like Daniel it's called a predator. And with every predator they have some stupid idiot girlfriend/wife who believes he's something god sent. If Day's would truly look at this character and realize by every stroke of their pens they are in fact ruining him even more by trying to redeem his deeds.

Does asking Chloe to let Kate see Parker think that will make him look good to anyone, or him talking to Eric about Nicole and him "cough" caring how much she's been through. Ironically the good doctor is more of a villian at this point than EJ.
no. it makes him look like an idiot and once again inconsiderate of chloe or her feelings. the woman tried to kill her and turned her into a hooker. he doesn't give a damn about chloe.
Daniel is a scumbag.
I had totally forgotten that Kate was behind the hooker mess.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

six
concerned
tomsawyer
bomber
Jan 8 2013, 03:12 PM

Dan broke things off with Nicole on 8/20/12 (or at least tried to - she wouldn't accept it) and Maggie told him about Jack on 8/21/12.
It was right after she told him she had been told not to have sex any more due to the high risk nature of the pregnancy.
It was also after he talked things out with Maggie and decided the thing with Nicole needed to end. His timing was bad, but we knew he was planning to break things off before Nicole dropped the bomb about the sex.
But Daniel himself told Maggie that he was useing Nicole:

Quote:

Dan - I'm using her. I'm pushing her into some sort of intense committment to me because I don't like being alone. I'm not good at it mom so I tried to pressure her into a relationship she doesn't want, doesn't need. I've become THAT guy. No more, no more.

Maggie - So you're saying that you need to be connected to someone. We all do. So you were lonely and Nicole was there.

Dan - Mom, I wanted it to be more. I wanted it to mean more. So what do I do? I keep pushing, putting on pressure ... I don't know when to stop. She doesn't love me that way yet I'm all jealous and I get stupid. I have no right, none.

Maggie - If I know Nicole and I'm pretty sure that I do, she didn't have any trouble telling you what she wanted.

Dan - No, she didn't but what she needed from me was to be a friend and I didn't exactly do that because I ... Mom, I think since I learned that my career as a surgeon is over I've done just about everything possible to avoid the emptiness.

Maggie - So you're saying that this relationship with Nicole has been like escaping your loss.

Dan - I think it was and getting Melanie back has made me see how shallow and self-involved I really am.
Maggie - And now?

Dan - And now I can't use Nicole or anyone to escape my own emptiness. I want to be a father that my daughter can count on. I want to be man that my daughter is proud of.

six
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Jan 8 2013, 06:03 PM
six
concerned
tomsawyer

No matter how the writers intended it, the way the chips fell made Daniel look like a sleaze bag and that he dropped Nicole for Jennifer after playing the jealous man about Rafe. Whether the writers wish to accept it Daniel by ALL his actions since he came to Day's has been one bad play after another. And talking it out with Maggie is like talking it out with Victor no love loss over Nicole he should have went to Sami or EJ and asked them what they thought. It was all about Dannifer and dropping the ball of Nicole/Daniel by trashing Nicole in favor of Saint Jenn.
My point is only that things happened in a specific order. Anyway, danicole is over, Nicole is fine, etc. etc.

TreasureCove, I'm really not sure what those quotes have to do with the point that Dan didn't break up with Nicole because she wasn't going to be putting out for awhile, but anyway - Dan thought he hadn't focused enough on Melanie and he felt like he was using Nicole by pushing her to commit (and as it turns out, she also wanted to commit. She just didn't say anything until it was too late, so she shouldn't have felt too pressured) and so he decided to do what he felt was best for Melanie and Nicole and end things. And this is a bad thing? Oh and welcome to the boards. :)

Shoot, let myself get sucked back in...
Edited by six, Jan 8 2013, 06:37 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

six
Yep, that's what happened on the air. Daniel told Maggie he was wrong for trying to pressure Nicole into a relationship just because he was lonely. He went to her hospital room tell her. Before he could, the OB came in and told Nicole she couldn't have sex. Then Dan told Nicole it was for the best because he was wrong to push her to be in a relationship with him. Then Maggie told him about Jack's death.

Listen, I'm not a huge Dan fan. In general, I find him to range from okay to lame. I just want us to discuss characters and their actions based on what happened on-screen, not based on our fanwanking. There are some things on the show that ARE facts. For example, Dan decided to end things with Nicole BEFORE the sex ban and BEFORE he knew about Jack's death. That's what happened. That doesn't mean we can't have opinions about that or think Dan's still a sleazy asshole. But what happened on the show is what happened, whether we like it or not.

Okay, I promise, I'm done now.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

You are right. But he IS a sleazy asshole! LOL

MissLola
Member Avatar

Oh. Is that was this whole thing is about? Yeah, I knew that Daniel dumped Nicole before finding out that Jack was dead. I just simply think he is a scumbag who needs to stop groping his patients, even if they aren't exactly the most innocent of woman either. Thats about it.

six
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 8 2013, 06:51 PM
six
Yep, that's what happened on the air. Daniel told Maggie he was wrong for trying to pressure Nicole into a relationship just because he was lonely. He went to her hospital room tell her. Before he could, the OB came in and told Nicole she couldn't have sex. Then Dan told Nicole it was for the best because he was wrong to push her to be in a relationship with him. Then Maggie told him about Jack's death.

Listen, I'm not a huge Dan fan. In general, I find him to range from okay to lame. I just want us to discuss characters and their actions based on what happened on-screen, not based on our fanwanking. There are some things on the show that ARE facts. For example, Dan decided to end things with Nicole BEFORE the sex ban and BEFORE he knew about Jack's death. That's what happened. That doesn't mean we can't have opinions about that or think Dan's still a sleazy asshole. But what happened on the show is what happened, whether we like it or not.

Okay, I promise, I'm done now.
Next time I'll just sit back and let you say everything more eloquently. :)

Aldo
Member Avatar

EJ and Sami grow closer. EJ and Sami fight. Sami and Rafe grow closer. Sami and Rafe fight. EJ and Sami grow closer. EJ and Sami fight. Sami and Rafe grow closer. Sami and Rafe fight. EJ and Sami grow closer. EJ and Sami fight. Sami and Rafe grow closer. Sami and Rafe fight. EJ and Sami grow closer. EJ and Sami fight. Sami and Rafe grow closer. Sami and Rafe fight. EJ and Sami grow closer. EJ and Sami fight. Sami and Rafe grow closer. Sami and Rafe fight. Go back to the beginning.

Posted Image
Edited by Aldo, Jan 8 2013, 08:11 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nothing will ever change my opinion of Daniel. He's treated all his women like trash when he decides he wants someone else. Chloe tried to commit suicide and he could have cared less. Dude is scum. Can't believe tptb held onto his Whorange ass while getting rid of a classy guy like Jack. This show is so ass backwards it's not even funny. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I wish TIIC understood=

Phillip>Daniel
Jack>Daniel
Jack>Jennifer
Lucas>Daniel
Chloe>Jennifer (even in this mess of a storyline)

Dazefan4now
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jan 8 2013, 04:35 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Jan 8 2013, 03:52 PM
SocRMum1
Jan 8 2013, 03:37 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Jan 8 2013, 03:29 PM
I hope Chad gets hurt out of this. He signed the paper with Justin to keep his hateful mouth shut about Gabi, but noooo he's can't do it..so he deserves whatever he gets. I'm hoping Rafe lets him have it good!

Chad agreed to keep quiet about Gabi's complicity in Melanie's kidnapping and the resulting chaos. He never signed anything about spilling who her baby daddy is.
He didn't know who the daddy is or he would have spilled that too. One would assume he should have just left her alone completely after signing this little deal...and hopefully they can still get him in trouble for this. I want him punished..I want him punished BIG TIME HARD!

If Nick wants to bring up what they know about Will, then EJ will want to bring up Gabi's past, THEN it can come out about Chad signing his agreement and at the very least what Chad did to Nick can come out....
What is it Chad should be punished for - beating up Nick? He wouldn't serve a day for that. In a trial, he would have some pretty big mitigating circumstances for his behavior.

In any comparison of crimes, Gabi is the winner. She hired someone to stalk her, then kept quiet once she knew that person had kidnapped someone, helped that person elude capture, lied to multiple people including her gullible brother (and she's lying to him again!).

If anyone is due some punishment, I think it's Gabi.
Thank you. I couldn't figure out what it was that Chad did that he should be punished for. :shrug: ITA about big time punishment for Gabore....oh and Rafe too, just because he's Rafe. :laugh:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Jan 8 2013, 03:29 PM
Sami is being so stupid here. It's like not Will didn't know he was the Dad, Gabi never hid that from him. Will has agreed to everything Gabi and Nick put before him. Sami tried to pawn Will off on Austin for YEARS with Austin and Lucas both in the dark about it, this is not even close to being as bad as that.

I hope Chad gets hurt out of this. He signed the paper with Justin to keep his hateful mouth shut about Gabi, but noooo he's can't do it..so he deserves whatever he gets. I'm hoping Rafe lets him have it good!

I'm guessing Sami is going to figure it all out soon and see what a fool she's being. Of course the big fool will be EJ, who's lapping it all up like her little pitiful puppy dog. He's going to get hurt..if that's possible to hurt him..and then I hope Nicole is there to laugh, pick up his pieces and surely he will have learned his lesson this time!
I don't get why Sami is so bent out of shape either. :shrug:

Like you said, Gabi and Will agreed to this lie and neither is more or less guilty here than the other. At any point, Will could have stood up to Nick and said, I am the bio dad, and I am not going along with this plan for you to raise my child as yours, but Will chose to go along with all of this mainly because he didn't want to hurt or lose Sonny; Gabi was ok with it because she got to be with Nick and keep her baby. All of this is stupid plot points to cause a rift between Safe so Ej can swoop in and go after Sami. Little does he know that she already chose Rafe to be with and once again she turns to him when she and Rafe are on the outs.

lysie
Member Avatar

I assume Sami's bent out of shape because she doesn't know the whole story yet.

annie21

Dazefan4now
Jan 8 2013, 08:54 PM
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi
SocRMum1
Jan 8 2013, 03:37 PM

He didn't know who the daddy is or he would have spilled that too. One would assume he should have just left her alone completely after signing this little deal...and hopefully they can still get him in trouble for this. I want him punished..I want him punished BIG TIME HARD!

If Nick wants to bring up what they know about Will, then EJ will want to bring up Gabi's past, THEN it can come out about Chad signing his agreement and at the very least what Chad did to Nick can come out....
What is it Chad should be punished for - beating up Nick? He wouldn't serve a day for that. In a trial, he would have some pretty big mitigating circumstances for his behavior.

In any comparison of crimes, Gabi is the winner. She hired someone to stalk her, then kept quiet once she knew that person had kidnapped someone, helped that person elude capture, lied to multiple people including her gullible brother (and she's lying to him again!).

Thank you. I couldn't figure out what it was that Chad did that he should be punished for. :shrug: ITA about big time punishment for Gabore....oh and Rafe too, just because he's Rafe. :laugh:
I don't know about legal punishment, but I think Abby (and others) will be angry with Chad for both beating up Nick (while getting his big brother to help him hush it up) and for waiting until the wedding to make his big, explosive and disruptive announcement. After all, he had plenty of chances to do the right thing long before the wedding, but he waited to get maximum effect for maximum revenge. I doubt that Abby will find that particularly attractive.

concerned
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 8 2013, 09:37 PM
Dazefan4now
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi

I don't know about legal punishment, but I think Abby (and others) will be angry with Chad for both beating up Nick (while getting his big brother to help him hush it up) and for waiting until the wedding to make his big, explosive and disruptive announcement. After all, he had plenty of chances to do the right thing long before the wedding, but he waited to get maximum effect for maximum revenge. I doubt that Abby will find that particularly attractive.

Except the big announcement at the wedding seems more likely to be that Nick is not the father of Gabi's baby and he has only just got confirmation of that.

annie21

lysie
Yep, sounds like she leaps to a lot of conclusions before getting all the facts.

Also, she could be bent out of shape because she was so nice to Gabi and was helping her plan the wedding, while Gabi lied to her practically every day. Eventually, she'll also realize the same thing about Will -- that he lied to her for months.

Finally, Sami could be bent out of shape because somewhere somehow she's starting to realize she's going to be a grandma. I could see that would be what makes her run to EJ in tears. Let's face it, this whole drama IS all about her.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Other than the explosion info, what else doesn't Sami know yet? She is going to find out Will is the father, she is going to be a granny, and that Nick, Gabi and Will were all in on this lie. Am I missing something?

annie21

concerned
Jan 8 2013, 09:39 PM
annie21
Dazefan4now
gailwinters

Except the big announcement at the wedding seems more likely to be that Nick is not the father of Gabi's baby and he has only just got confirmation of that.
Yes, a few days ago. He still had plenty of time rather than quietly sitting through at least a day or two of preparations and almost the entire ceremony before disrupting everything. Of course, that wouldn't be as soapy. But still, the guy could have confronted Gabi any time after he overheard her talking with Cameron.
Edited by annie21, Jan 8 2013, 09:54 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Maybe Abby is pissed at him because he didn't expose Gabi sooner if the other stuff comes out.

I am personally of the opinion that Gabi is not responsible for Jack, Madison or Ian's deaths I think the link between her actions to those actions is tenuous.

She is responsible for Melanie being held captive, and withholding information that would have helped Melanie get rescued a lot earlier - which I guess would have stopped the whole lighter in the gas filled tunnels occuring. Still the link between the two events is not enough to hold her responsible IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply