Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of January 14th; *Updated 1/8*
Topic Started: Dec 30 2012, 12:30 AM (68,211 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 8 2013, 09:41 PM
lysie
Jan 8 2013, 09:37 PM
I assume Sami's bent out of shape because she doesn't know the whole story yet.
Yep, sounds like she leaps to a lot of conclusions before getting all the facts.

Also, she could be bent out of shape because she was so nice to Gabi and was helping her plan the wedding, while Gabi lied to her practically every day. Eventually, she'll also realize the same thing about Will -- that he lied to her for months.

Finally, Sami could be bent out of shape because somewhere somehow she's starting to realize she's going to be a grandma. I could see that would be what makes her run to EJ in tears. Let's face it, this whole drama IS all about her.

I love it when Sami gets pissed because people lie to her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 8 2013, 09:42 PM
concerned
Jan 8 2013, 09:39 PM
annie21
Dazefan4now
Jan 8 2013, 08:54 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't know about legal punishment, but I think Abby (and others) will be angry with Chad for both beating up Nick (while getting his big brother to help him hush it up) and for waiting until the wedding to make his big, explosive and disruptive announcement. After all, he had plenty of chances to do the right thing long before the wedding, but he waited to get maximum effect for maximum revenge. I doubt that Abby will find that particularly attractive.

Except the big announcement at the wedding seems more likely to be that Nick is not the father of Gabi's baby and he has only just got confirmation of that.
Yes, a few days ago. He still had plent of time rather than quietly sitting through preparations and almost the entire ceremony before disrupting everything. Of course, that wouldn't be as soapy. But still, the guy could have confronted Gabi any time after he overheard her talking with Cameron.
My timelines could be out due to the lack of PBP's but I thought it was the Tuesday 8th of January show where Chad found out via overhearing Cameron that Nick wasn't Gabi's baby dadda.

When is the actual date for the wedding?

In days time it could be tomorrow.

Ljay
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Jan 8 2013, 09:35 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Jan 8 2013, 03:29 PM
Sami is being so stupid here. It's like not Will didn't know he was the Dad, Gabi never hid that from him. Will has agreed to everything Gabi and Nick put before him. Sami tried to pawn Will off on Austin for YEARS with Austin and Lucas both in the dark about it, this is not even close to being as bad as that.

I hope Chad gets hurt out of this. He signed the paper with Justin to keep his hateful mouth shut about Gabi, but noooo he's can't do it..so he deserves whatever he gets. I'm hoping Rafe lets him have it good!

I'm guessing Sami is going to figure it all out soon and see what a fool she's being. Of course the big fool will be EJ, who's lapping it all up like her little pitiful puppy dog. He's going to get hurt..if that's possible to hurt him..and then I hope Nicole is there to laugh, pick up his pieces and surely he will have learned his lesson this time!
I don't get why Sami is so bent out of shape either. :shrug:

Like you said, Gabi and Will agreed to this lie and neither is more or less guilty here than the other. At any point, Will could have stood up to Nick and said, I am the bio dad, and I am not going along with this plan for you to raise my child as yours, but Will chose to go along with all of this mainly because he didn't want to hurt or lose Sonny; Gabi was ok with it because she got to be with Nick and keep her baby. All of this is stupid plot points to cause a rift between Safe so Ej can swoop in and go after Sami. Little does he know that she already chose Rafe to be with and once again she turns to him when she and Rafe are on the outs.

I agree! Ej may win when all of this shit blows up. But its only a technicality... Ej will find out in the end Sami will STILL want Rafe regardless.
So sad too, Ej could have used his time to actually find someone who actually likes him, LOL
Edited by Ljay, Jan 8 2013, 09:59 PM.

annie21

concerned
Jan 8 2013, 09:51 PM
annie21
concerned
Jan 8 2013, 09:39 PM
annie21

Except the big announcement at the wedding seems more likely to be that Nick is not the father of Gabi's baby and he has only just got confirmation of that.
Yes, a few days ago. He still had plent of time rather than quietly sitting through preparations and almost the entire ceremony before disrupting everything. Of course, that wouldn't be as soapy. But still, the guy could have confronted Gabi any time after he overheard her talking with Cameron.
My timelines could be out due to the lack of PBP's but I thought it was the Tuesday 8th of January show where Chad found out via overhearing Cameron that Nick wasn't Gabi's baby dadda.

When is the actual date for the wedding?

In days time it could be tomorrow.
It starts on Friday the 11th and the big reveal comes on Monday the 14th. Not sure what that will turn out to be in Days time, but according to the spoilers, there are at least a couple of times where Chad lurks in the background while wedding preparations are underway. Like I said, he's choosing to keep mum until the big moment.

elci525
Member Avatar

Actually, I think in Salem time the wedding is the next day (I heard I think it was Cameron say to Gabi, You are getting married tomorrow...?). But no matter. I am not sure if Chad warrants legal punishment of any sort (unless this reveal it some way breaches whatever he promised to do re: the incident with Nick). But for his general douchery, sure why not. That is not to say Nick and Gabi are any better. But I don't see Chad as an innocent just trying to do the right thing, who should thus be exempt from censure. I also just don't like him all that much.
Edited by elci525, Jan 8 2013, 10:07 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
lysie
Other than the explosion info, what else doesn't Sami know yet? She is going to find out Will is the father, she is going to be a granny, and that Nick, Gabi and Will were all in on this lie. Am I missing something?
Well, that's not the whole story. It's the outline, but it's missing all the feelings and emotions. To me it sounds like she's going to assume Will was manipulated. And that makes sense, because if Sami were Gabi, the baby daddy would have been manipulated. But we'll see when it airs.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Romancer66

4vrejami
Jan 8 2013, 05:49 PM
annie21
Jan 8 2013, 05:41 PM
So why does Kate reveal the information she has on Chloe to Jennifer and not to Daniel? To my knowledge, Kate and Jennifer have never been particularly close. (It also was weird that Jennifer was helping Kate with travel arrangements. Where's Kate's assistant?) Meanwhile, Kate has had several friendly conversations with Daniel recently. If she's trying to create problems for Chloe, why wouldn't she hand the information straight to Daniel? By intriguing in the backgound, all she's going to do is lose him as an ally in any custody-sharing/visitation battle to come.

Speaking of which, it sounds like the show is gearing up for two major custody battles. If you count Jarlena trying to save their "baby boy" from the evil clutches of Kristen, there's not going to be a whole lot of variety on this show for the next few months. It's sort of the ultimate in recyling stories -- just give all the character sets basically the same story and have everybody fight it out day after day. Whoever said the show is becoming like Maury Povich or Jerry Springer is really onto something.

the writers want to make daniel more likeable right? so I don't undertand why they keep writing him as a hypocritical judgemental sleazebag?

Like having him take chloe's kid away from her. Viewers are going to be rooting for chloe, not him.
if anything, that's going to make people hate him more.
It would be poetic justice if Daniel's past came out during a custody battle and ended up costing him Parker. Who would the judge side with--a woman who was coerced into prostitution but managed to get free of it, turned her life around, and has been a loving mother to her child ever since, or a man who abandoned his wife and her new baby rather than work to save the marriage, covered up a DNA switch, has a reputation for using women and preying on his female patients, and is essentially a stranger to the child he turned his back on when he dumped the boy's mother? Neither Chloe nor Daniel is a shoo-in for Parent of the Year, but I'd think a judge would be more likely to award custody to Chloe, since she's been one of Parker's primary caretakers from the start. I'd also think that trying to take her son away would be one thing Chloe couldn't forgive Daniel for. If she retains custody of Parker, I could envision her hightailing it out of Salem rather than giving him another chance to do it again.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 8 2013, 10:11 PM
magicsteacher
lysie
Other than the explosion info, what else doesn't Sami know yet? She is going to find out Will is the father, she is going to be a granny, and that Nick, Gabi and Will were all in on this lie. Am I missing something?
Well, that's not the whole story. It's the outline, but it's missing all the feelings and emotions. To me it sounds like she's going to assume Will was manipulated. And that makes sense, because if Sami were Gabi, the baby daddy would have been manipulated. But we'll see when it airs.
Ah, gotcha. I agree she doesn't take into account feelings and emotions of anyone... yet.

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

I get the feeling I'm not going to enjoy Chloe for a second... Unless she is fighting with Kate, and until Nancy comes. Man I've missed her.
Edited by Mean, Mean, Mean!, Jan 8 2013, 10:36 PM.

Will&Sonny

I figured that the truth about Will shooting E.J. would eventually be revealed as part of the inevitable custody battle, but I wasn't sure when it would happen. If they write this properly and treat the crimes as "real" courts would, Nick's knowledge of Will's secret won't matter at all, because Will's crime is the least-damning of all. Will committed his crime as a minor; Gabi and Nick are each unable to use that excuse. But I'm sure that Nick will continue to act all smug and superior, thinking, as always, that he's smarter than everyone else and has the upper hand. I really can't stand him, and I can't wait for his inevitable downfall.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Sonny break up with Will, but I've known for months that it would eventually happen, so I'm prepared for it. :lol: Hopefully it won't last long, and they're given a great love scene when they reunite (perhaps in time for Valentine's Day? Eh, probably too soon), but I won't get my hopes up for the second part of that wish.

I'm glad that Marlena's going to have a conversation with Will. However, there is not an expletive in existence that is vulgar enough to describe my distaste for any spoilers that suggest that I'm going to soon be forced to suffer through more scenes where E.J. is ridiculously placed in Will's orbit. :redface:

I wondered if Kate might be the one to tell Jennifer about Chloe's past as a prostitute, but the thing that kept me from thinking that the storyline would actually play out that way was the fact that I couldn't think of a good reason for Kate to tell Jennifer instead of taking that information directly to Daniel (or just publicly broadcasting it)...and I still can't. :shrug:

I love that the spoilers keep trying to treat Hope's plan for Marlena to wear a wire as some radical, brilliant new idea, like it hasn't been a staple of storylines for decades. Truthfully, Marlena should have hidden a recorder in her purse the moment that Kristen returned to Salem, and she should have had it running twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, just in case. That would have been a radical, brilliant new idea.

appleblossom

LOL first Nicole screwed with Jen's life, now Chloe is trying to mess it up. I read rumors that Chloe plans to use Lucas to get back at Kate. Sounds like bedroom action for those two again. Chloe should have known by hurting Phillip, Kate would strike!

appleblossom

lysie
magicsteacher
lysie
That is dumb Lucas and Will would talk about his shooting EJ at the church where anyone could hear them. Sounds like a lot of secrets will come to light soon, Gabi's involvement in Melanie's kidnapping, Will's going to be a daddy, and he shot EJ years ago. Sounds good. I'm dying to see LUMI's reaction when they discover they will be grandparents.

Will&Sonny

appleblossom
Jan 9 2013, 12:51 AM
lysie
magicsteacher
lysie
That is dumb Lucas and Will would talk about his shooting EJ at the church where anyone could hear them. Sounds like a lot of secrets will come to light soon, Gabi's involvement in Melanie's kidnapping, Will's going to be a daddy, and he shot EJ years ago. Sounds good. I'm dying to see LUMI's reaction when they discover they will be grandparents.
I'm guessing that Lucas and Will discuss the shooting at the Horton Town Square, not St. Luke's. We know (from Jason's preview thread) that Will, Lucas, and someone else end up at the Horton Town Square at the end of the January 14th episode. That someone else is probably Nick.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Brami❤

concerned
Jan 8 2013, 04:12 AM
OK I know this might be my pro dimera bias leading me astray but can someone please explain to me how Chad is at fault here.

And if Rafe's pumelling him in a church how come that's acceptable whereas pummeling your girlfriends recently released kidnapper when she's missing isn't.
From my POV Chad is at fault because he sucks & I couldn't give a shit about what happened to Melanie. ;)

bomber
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Jan 8 2013, 08:21 PM
Nothing will ever change my opinion of Daniel. He's treated all his women like trash when he decides he wants someone else. Chloe tried to commit suicide and he could have cared less. Dude is scum. Can't believe tptb held onto his Whorange ass while getting rid of a classy guy like Jack. This show is so ass backwards it's not even funny. :shame:
I can actually understand why the writers like his character. His very sleaziness opens the door to a million storylines - Nicole and Chloe being just two examples. The main problem is that they write the stories but at the same time want to make him the hero and they can't have it both ways. They should have Dan as the anti-hero, the villian that everyone loves to hate. He could still be a main character (if they really insist) but the show doesn't have to revolve around him and the rest of Salem should be calling him out not kissing his tanned ass.

Evan
Member Avatar

There's an easy way to fix Daniel - write him off the show altogether, along with Jennifer.
How many more characters have to be destroyed or killed off so Tomlin/Whitesell can keep pimping Dannifer as supposedly better than Jack/Jennifer were in their heyday?

Lil
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Jan 8 2013, 06:03 PM
six
Jan 8 2013, 05:55 PM
concerned
Jan 8 2013, 04:09 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 8 2013, 03:42 PM

It was right after she told him she had been told not to have sex any more due to the high risk nature of the pregnancy.
It was also after he talked things out with Maggie and decided the thing with Nicole needed to end. His timing was bad, but we knew he was planning to break things off before Nicole dropped the bomb about the sex.
No matter how the writers intended it, the way the chips fell made Daniel look like a sleaze bag and that he dropped Nicole for Jennifer after playing the jealous man about Rafe. Whether the writers wish to accept it Daniel by ALL his actions since he came to Day's has been one bad play after another. And talking it out with Maggie is like talking it out with Victor no love loss over Nicole he should have went to Sami or EJ and asked them what they thought. It was all about Dannifer and dropping the ball of Nicole/Daniel by trashing Nicole in favor of Saint Jenn.
even though all this Chloe returning stuff is completely shitastic, I wish instead of keeping Maggie as the perpetual Tan cheerleader, they would acknowledge through Maggie who took Chloe in, how completely HORRIBLE Taniel was to her when she was suffering PPD. And like most everyone else here, I agree that he is a total sleaze and this should be touched upon by someone besides Lucas. Hell, make a s/l out of it. If they insist on Tannifer for now then yeah..keep showcasing what a moron Jennifer is. Let her be in total denial about what a piece of shit this guy really is...but make that part of a STORY and have Tan's grossness eventually come out (there are plenty who should have some first-hand knowledge of it...Kate, Nicole who I would love to see work together on something devious, make him work through it (maybe with Marlena who is a shrink and Tan is one of the few ppl in town she is NOT related to) I mean, if you insist on "redeeming" him then make his issues KNOWN and then you can make him into the sainted hero of all heros if you must. Even though personally I don't think it woudl ever work lol

Fairygodmother

I love ED, but this story is becoming too contrived. The writers are over doing everything so neatly falling into her scheme. She needs to have some threats or struggles compromising her agenda. The way it is going now, it makes everyone involved look like brainless pawns except for Kristian. It is not believable and for me is becoming monotonous.

mirabella

lovin'EJ
Jan 8 2013, 10:51 AM
chloe and Daniel used to be hot, I love that Parker is their son. Sami loves EJ she just always runs from him because he is a Dimera. Brady's and Dimeras are suppose to be enemies. I would absolutely love to see Sonny and Will raise the baby together, a fresh new storyline, just what days needs.
Hmmm......Sami loving EJ is not being played out on screen. On screen, Sami loves Rafe.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Quote:

However, Chloe knows that she knows and decides to exploit it to her own advantage. She hooks up with Anne the Jenn hater to destroy the Hortonís career. Meanwhile, Kate kicks up her vendetta to have Chloe declared an unfit mother.

it this mean anne will the one on friday that chloe team up to break daniel and jennifer and if so that mean anne is daniel lover who think he can do better than jennifer[which make anne sucks after that] if not her on friday show is it lucas despite should be on friday show more busy with nick and gabi stuff and if it someone else is it nicole despite she finally got daniel love jennifer and if it ej should he have better stuff to get revange on daniel

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply