Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Serial Drama's Best & Worst of 2012
Topic Started: Dec 31 2012, 11:46 AM (1,276 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2012/12/serial-dramas-best-and-worst-of-2012.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Days is pretty awful right now. Totally agree. And congrats to GH. Ron C was a godsend for that show.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Totally agree with all of those choices. GH has been on fire this year, OLTL had great moments towards its end, Days sucks, and B&B equally sucks.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Agree with a lot of those choices. Never heard of that site though.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I don't agree with their assessment of Days. I DID for most of the year (literally slept through/internet-browsed through every single eppi).

Evan
Member Avatar

There'd be almost unanimous agreement on this board that DAYS was the worst soap of 2012, and it's still the worst soap

darraholic
Member Avatar

^ I disagree. DAYS was perhaps the most boring, but Y&R has self destructed much worse. DAYS has been blah for years now, while Y&R has been declining the past few years. I could still watch an episode of DAYS; however, I could not get through an episode of MAB's Y&R.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Evan
Jan 1 2013, 05:10 AM
There'd be almost unanimous agreement on this board that DAYS was the worst soap of 2012, and it's still the worst soap
I don't agree. I know a lot of people were really happy when that ghastly Matt Ashford got fired B-)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Quote:

Worst Show
Days of Our Lives

Yeesh.

Oh, we should probably offer more of an explanation than that, shouldn't we?

We're still watching Days, if by "watching" you mean "dutifully DVRing and watching every episode without paying attention to a single moment because the show is so dull that it's literally impossible for your mind not to wander while it's on". Bo is gone. Hope has no Bo and is pathologically annoying. Nick is back and horrible. Daniel and Jennifer are painful to watch. EJ, Rafe, and Sami are stuck in a horrifying loop of repetion, with only increasingly poor writing differentiating their stories from those of years past. Not even Kristen's return has raised the interest a little and Kristen, quite frankly, owned Mallory during her earliest soap watching years, so the fact that even that fell flat is as scathing an indictment as we can come up with.

Yeesh.

Simply put - who ever wrote this is BANG on....DAYS is by far the dullest and most boring soap on the air right now....the fact that they are choosing to simply "exist" is ridiculous...this show should be thanking their lucky stars they even have one more episode in the can to produce at this point. Total and utter directionless producers/writers are DOOMING this show!

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Y&R definitely deserves worst soap for at least the first half of 2012. January-August was a complete and utter joke. No, not even Days was as bad as Y&R was during that time imo
Edited by Shick, Jan 3 2013, 01:45 AM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Honestly, I didn't know that site was still around.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Y&R is the worst, not DAYS. The rest I agree with though!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply