Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 12/31; Twitter/FB list, Contact Info in 1st post
Topic Started: Dec 31 2012, 12:00 PM (30,398 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Jan 5 2013, 10:59 PM
lysie
Jan 5 2013, 09:52 PM
@DrakeHogestyn
That "foot rub" thing got us 86'd from Blondies, Shenanigans and Wings!
Oh my gosh, I've never particularly liked either of them, but this is gold. And the dialogue is better than what we get on the show sometimes. I wish more actors would do this!
I know, I'm trying to think up ways we could get Eric & Eileen in on this....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

@DrakeHogestyn - Not like..LIVE FOR. Oh well, one thing always leads to another with you....Hey, I thought you "liked" it too!
Edited by Jarlena4Eva, Jan 5 2013, 11:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

GatesRhiannon
Jan 5 2013, 10:55 PM
hops
Jan 5 2013, 10:36 PM
This is the best ever. Way better than this show...they get their characters...let's get some of this on the show! Let them ad lib a few scenes.
If only. They are truly too adorable. Their tweets are funny, sexy, clever and perfect for today's short attention span. Screw the script! Fire the writers & just let the actors wing it. It can't be any worse than what we're currently getting on screen. It's never been done before & Days would save money. ;)
Seriously!! Way too clever, sexy and funny! Just give them an outline and let them take their characters where they think they would go in the scene...it would be must see TV.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

We need a Dool improv show lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Well, a few of the actors did recently participate in an improv soap opera (Scandal Crest), so it's not completely unheard of. Film it live and it'd be even better! :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

rae

Deidre and Drake are amazing!!! They have found a way to make J&M more entertaining than any of the present Days writers. They know their characters so well and have found a way to let their feelings be known through some very clever tweets. They have always known what their fans wanted from them and never failed to deliver. I only hope that they will continue to entertain fans through what most likely is going to be a long J&M drought on the show.

It took Drake a while to get into the Twitter thing. Who knew he'd take it to this level and have Deidre right there with him?! Pure entertainment and joy....love them!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

@DeidreHall
You thought I liked it too! Heeey!! Think back to who's idea it was in the first place!! Not to bug you but how are your resolutions coming?
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

I have not enjoyed John and Marlena this much in YEARS. The DH's are seriously killing me. I love it!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
lysie
@DrakeHogestyn
Oh my gosh, I've never particularly liked either of them, but this is gold. And the dialogue is better than what we get on the show sometimes. I wish more actors would do this!
They are both very DRY humored in real life. Deidre more so than Drake, but they both are. I'm not surprised except that they're actually doing it. Neither of them are really known for their computer skills.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Jan 6 2013, 03:22 PM
Spencer Hastings
lysie
@DrakeHogestyn
They are both very DRY humored in real life. Deidre more so than Drake, but they both are. I'm not surprised except that they're actually doing it. Neither of them are really known for their computer skills.
Since they still haven't figured out how to actually tweet one another, they're still not really known for their computer skills, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

lysie
Jan 6 2013, 03:26 PM
The Room Stops
Spencer Hastings
lysie
@DrakeHogestyn
Since they still haven't figured out how to actually tweet one another, they're still not really known for their computer skills, lol.
Perhaps I'm giving them too much credit, but I just assumed that they were writing the tweets that way because they wanted the tweets to appear in everyone's timelines, as opposed to only appearing in each other's timelines. I'm not sure about Deidre, since I didn't dig that far into her Twitter account history, but Drake has definitely sent tweets as replies to people before (we've discussed one of them in a recent thread), so we know that he knows how to do it.

Of course, you could then argue that they're not knowledgeable enough to realize the workaround for that -- adding text in front of the @username portion of the tweet -- so there's that.

Omitting usernames also frees up a few extra characters, and when you're limited to 140, that can be quite valuable.

(As an aside, I noticed this while I was taking a quick look at Drake and Deidre's accounts to see if they had ever sent direct replies to each other before [Drake has, Deidre hasn't, but again, I didn't dig very far into either account]. I don't recall seeing this posted here -- probably because it was sent as a direct reply to someone, so it wouldn't have appeared on everyone's timelines. I thought that it was amusing enough to post.

@MaryannJr
Poor J&M sleeping in a booth in coffee shop. Where is a conference table when you need one??

@DrakeHogestyn
@MaryannJr Like the way you think. John could use a conference table right about now, he's got a little... "steam" to blow off!)
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 6 2013, 03:50 PM
lysie
Jan 6 2013, 03:26 PM
The Room Stops
Spencer Hastings

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Perhaps I'm giving them too much credit, but I just assumed that they were writing the tweets that way because they wanted the tweets to appear in everyone's timelines, as opposed to only appearing in each other's timelines. I'm not sure about Deidre, since I didn't dig that far into her Twitter account history, but Drake has definitely sent tweets as replies to people before (we've discussed one of them in a recent thread), so we know that he knows how to do it.

Of course, you could then argue that they're not knowledgeable enough to realize the workaround for that -- adding text in front of the @username portion of the tweet -- so there's that.

Omitting usernames also frees up a few extra characters, and when you're limited to 140, that can be quite valuable.

(As an aside, I noticed this while I was taking a quick look at Drake and Deidre's accounts to see if they had ever sent direct replies to each other before [Drake has, Deidre hasn't, but again, I didn't dig very far into either account]. I don't recall seeing this posted here -- probably because it was sent as a direct reply to someone, so it wouldn't have appeared on everyone's timelines. I thought that it was amusing enough to post.

@MaryannJr
Poor J&M sleeping in a booth in coffee shop. Where is a conference table when you need one??

@DrakeHogestyn
@MaryannJr Like the way you think. John could use a conference table right about now, he's got a little... "steam" to blow off!)
I think you're giving them too much credit. Neither tweets much anyway, and most of the times Deidre has tried to tweet directly to someone she has messed it up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

lysie
Jan 6 2013, 03:53 PM
I think you're giving them too much credit. Neither tweets much anyway, and most of the times Deidre has tried to tweet directly to someone she has messed it up.
Fair enough. (Or perhaps I'm simply giving Deidre too much credit, since Drake has at least exhibited signs of being able to properly reply to someone.) I don't follow either of them, so I don't really know anything about their Twitter history beyond what I've seen since I started following these weekly threads.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

deleted post
Edited by bomber, Jan 6 2013, 04:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

@DrakeHogestyn: Hey Doc, I resolve to get our boy away from Crazy K..then I'm gonna get our Penthouse back. It was kinda cool how you floated above our bed!
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jan 6 2013, 06:40 PM
@DrakeHogestyn: Hey Doc, I resolve to get our boy away from Crazy K..then I'm gonna get our Penthouse back. It was kinda cool how you floated above our bed!
:wub: I'm loving this! Almost as much as I love the name Crazy K.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Drake does seem to have mastered the art of the mention.

Quote:

@DrakeHogestyn
@Marth27 Izzy Belle, I'm coming to Europe to see you. Your brother fell down the rabbit hole & I need help. Mom's fine, hug Claire for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 6 2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:

@DrakeHogestyn
@Marth27 Izzy Belle, I'm coming to Europe to see you. Your brother fell down the rabbit hole & I need help. Mom's fine, hug Claire for me.
Interesting. Perhaps once John "leaves Town" in the next few weeks, he is going to visit Belle in Europe?
Offline Profile Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jan 6 2013, 08:22 PM
lysie
Jan 6 2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:

@DrakeHogestyn
Interesting. Perhaps once John "leaves Town" in the next few weeks, he is going to visit Belle in Europe?
Did Hope ever specify where she was visiting Shawn D, Belle and Claire? Because I also imagined them on a tropical island somewhere -- not Europe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

And it gets better.

Quote:

@Marth27
@DrakeHogestyn @DeidreHall Hey Dad! Yup, Brady's always been a clutz! Claire will be so happy to have u at her 21st bday party! Hug Mom! Xo
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic