Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: January Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 31 2012, 10:53 PM (9,156 Views)
3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Queen B
Jan 7 2013, 01:09 PM
Even though there is still plenty to complain about, I still stand by what I've been saying all along. The stories feel more organized and for the most part the characters are in the places they belong, the stories seriously need to be amped up though.

I can definitely tell that there's a new fashion consultant or something, Victoria looks gorgeous today and very sophisticated. She looks like the real Victoria Newman now, the next step.. dump that scum bag Billy! Now, I have to bitch about this ugly outfit Nikki is wearing.. what's with all the tacky, shimmery shit she's been wearing? not cute
There were some improvements but the month of Dec especially seemed all over the place for me. Like they were still trying to figure out which way to go. But it seems from the previews that they have gotten some of their shit together so hopefully we'll see better stuff.

I'm not feeling the stylists lately. I almost thought they cut back the clothing budget lol. I'm also eagerly anticipating the return of Bitchtoria cuz I want her to take down Adam lol and send him back to the men's room office!! I would welcome more Villy and Chadam interaction out of all this. Nothing to do with Johnny of course, but just socializing. It would be a snarkfest!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Still hate that MAB killed of Brad & Colleen to where they can't possibly come back. Brad would be perfect in this fight for Jabot/NE story.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Noah and his little New york chica were really nice to look at today. The young man got his daddy sex appeal. :D

I'm with you Bee on the "organizing" and pace you can really tell the change, characters are speaking to there persona they don't seem strange and unrecognizable. I've never been a strong PB fan but have always appreciated his depth as an actor and his scenes have been gratifying the guy is doing the damn thang.

Leslie and Neil! I need time with this one well I don't think I'll ever fully support the pairing however the intermingle and conversation between them is very realistic, showing how she gave him the Cootercoo but want to scale back on the affection part of it all. I like that! plus every woman ain't hypnotize by some ding we do like to hop on and hop off then keep moving sometimes. :P
Edited by lightandday, Jan 7 2013, 01:31 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Leslie & Neil do nothing for me but it's better than the last two romances (if you can call them that) he's gotten.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

I FF all of Neil's and Leslie's scenes. Neither one of them do a thing for me but at least he can act and she isn't much of a actor as far as I can see.

cyndabell

THUMBS DOWN :thumbsdown: to Adriana. If they were going to give Noah a girl, this is hardly what I would've thought they'd come up with. :stars: It doesn't help that they felt more like siblings in their scenes than ex-lovers.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Jan 7 2013, 05:28 PM
I FF all of Neil's and Leslie's scenes. Neither one of them do a thing for me but at least he can act and she isn't much of a actor as far as I can see.
There's just "something" about Leslie, I can't put my finger on it, she just doesn't have the chemistry with Neil, I dunno,maybe it's the way she talks, there's just no real emotion there, she just doesn't have enough fire..
Neil definitely needs a honey, I thought in the beginning Leslie would be it, but now, not so much.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

cyndabell
Jan 7 2013, 06:21 PM
THUMBS DOWN :thumbsdown: to Adriana. If they were going to give Noah a girl, this is hardly what I would've thought they'd come up with. :stars: It doesn't help that they felt more like siblings in their scenes than ex-lovers.
She is pretty and that is all. I didn't like her acting and all she is doing is using Noah to hide her money. we saw her mood change towards Noah when she found out there was no money. Just move this story along and get it out of the way. Let Noah find someone that cares for him and not someone who is using him like Adrianna is. Get the bitch out of town ASAP and take the dirty cop Alex with her.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

she "found" the money behind a panel in her apt? :huh:
If I found that, I wouldn't be mailing it to someone else, I would be quietly finding myself a new place to live.
She ripped off a drug dealer and it wouldn't surprise me if it was Alex.
The more I see him, the less I like him.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Y&R has added a new supporting character.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Out of all of the newbies. They are my fave.

Checkers
Member Avatar

PB/MS slayed that last scene. I don't think the writing for Jack's pill addiction s/l has been very good but the acting made up for it.

Peridott
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Jan 7 2013, 06:53 PM
HotPepper
Jan 7 2013, 05:28 PM
There's just "something" about Leslie, I can't put my finger on it, she just doesn't have the chemistry with Neil, I dunno,maybe it's the way she talks, there's just no real emotion there, she just doesn't have enough fire..
Neil definitely needs a honey, I thought in the beginning Leslie would be it, but now, not so much.
I think she's one-note and lacks emotion. Neil needs a dynamic, fiery woman. Personality is a must. I still think Leslie is too young for Neil also.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Are the cupcakes code for Avery's vajayjay?
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Jan 8 2013, 04:03 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jan 8 2013, 04:02 PM
:laugh:

Avery and her cupcakes are killing me.

Leisha
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jan 8 2013, 04:02 PM
HA! I sure hope not because every time she mentions cupcakes I really want a cupcake, cookie, or something sweet.

Thanks for thought though, maybe if I think of all those treats Avery makes as her vajayjay it will curb my sweet tooth and help me lose the 7 pounds I gained over the holidays

RarityExtreme

OMG! I was just going to go on a tirade about how Avery's magical cupcakes will solve any problems but you all beat me to it. The character of Avery had a lot of potential. But the actress's Disney-heroine inspired performance is irritating and flat. And in 2013, a key compnent to a supposedly intelligent, thriving attorney is her baking skills? The actress should confer with Sharon Case on how to properly play an ingenue. The only scenes where she is marginally OK, are with Summer. But that's mainly due to the actress who plays Summer.

With the casting of Steve Burton to be Avery's ex, it seems they have big plans for Avery, but a major change needs to be made in their direction of the character and the actresses portrayal or it's going to be one big disaster - think Genevieve. Come to think of it, Gen's first scene was offering her son a freshly baked cookie! Coincidence?

Checkers
Member Avatar

I can't say I'm dying with excitement over the impending Nick, Avery, and Dylan triangle.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Love the saxophone lovemaking music that played during the Billy/Victoria and Adam/Chelsea scenes. Love that score!

Bergman and Stafford sold their scenes. From start to finish.

I'm kind of over Avery and her culinary arts skills.

LPS
Member Avatar

I don't have a problem with the acting from Avery, but the character's writing is beyond awful. Way too one-dimensional.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

LPS
Jan 8 2013, 08:25 PM
I don't have a problem with the acting from Avery, but the character's writing is beyond awful. Way too one-dimensional.
Apparently thats what it takes to be with Nick. A woman has to be dumbed down! Look how well Phyllis is doing without him!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply