Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: January Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 31 2012, 10:53 PM (9,130 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

Peridott
Jan 8 2013, 03:21 PM
Sammie Jo
Jan 7 2013, 06:53 PM
HotPepper
Jan 7 2013, 05:28 PM
I FF all of Neil's and Leslie's scenes. Neither one of them do a thing for me but at least he can act and she isn't much of a actor as far as I can see.
There's just "something" about Leslie, I can't put my finger on it, she just doesn't have the chemistry with Neil, I dunno,maybe it's the way she talks, there's just no real emotion there, she just doesn't have enough fire..
Neil definitely needs a honey, I thought in the beginning Leslie would be it, but now, not so much.
I think she's one-note and lacks emotion. Neil needs a dynamic, fiery woman. Personality is a must. I still think Leslie is too young for Neil also.

My mom hates Leslie's voice and thinks she's a flake. I think she is an upgrade from Neil's previous relationships.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jan 8 2013, 04:02 PM
Are the cupcakes code for Avery's vajayjay?
I don't think YR has completely ripped off the Golden Girls, but if we hear Avery say "my cupcakes are moist and delicious", then we know the source of the inspiration.

Edited by LPS, Jan 8 2013, 09:44 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Adam's inferiority complex & daddy issues were showing. Just because he and Jack hid a dead prostitute does not mean Jack would pick Adam over Billy. He stays being jealous over somebody.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I like Avery and the fact that she makes food instead of reservations, but today, was one cupcake too many.
They always have to push something up to and past the point where we're all sick of it.
Doesn't she have any cases to work on?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I don't know about anyone else but I am sick of the Cassie birthday every year and taking cookies to the EMT's was weird, are the same EMT's still there after all these years?
Kevin saying he is the "master" of the coverup, made me fall over laughing, he can barely find his ass with two hands let alone be the master of anything.
Carmine coming on to Lauren was about as sleazy and creepy as I've seen in a long time.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I think it was just about taking cookies to the EMTs & firehouse. Doing something nice.

I have no problems with them mentioning Cassie. I wasn't a viewer when either Phillips were around but I knew about them because Bill Bell made sure to reference that history. So the audience could have an understanding of the long history with Jill, Kay, Nina, Cricket, Chance...etc.
Cassie's death set in motion a lot of things.

Eta; Colleen, Brad, and Dru all need to be mentioned as well. (The way MAB killed Colleen & Brad off was just heartless. Deserved better.)
Edited by Checkers, Jan 9 2013, 04:43 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm never bothered by the Cassie mentions. She was such an important part of the show, even as a little girl. Her no longer being in Genoa City has definitely left a void in town, especially in the Newman family.

Lauren and Carmine intrigue me. If Michael can't appreciate the hot wife he has, I'm glad it seems Carmine can.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Jan 9 2013, 04:20 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I am sick of the Cassie birthday every year and taking cookies to the EMT's was weird, are the same EMT's still there after all these years?
Kevin saying he is the "master" of the coverup, made me fall over laughing, he can barely find his ass with two hands let alone be the master of anything.
Carmine coming on to Lauren was about as sleazy and creepy as I've seen in a long time.
Cassie's death was the last big storyline that was ever done well on Y&R. It completely changed the dynamic of the show so it only makes sense that Cassie is mentioned as often as possible. Cassie's death is STILL tied into some storylines today, like Sharon's illness for example

Queen B
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 9 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm never bothered by the Cassie mentions. She was such an important part of the show, even as a little girl. Her no longer being in Genoa City has definitely left a void in town, especially in the Newman family.

Lauren and Carmine intrigue me. If Michael can't appreciate the hot wife he has, I'm glad it seems Carmine can.
I wanna see Lauren have an affair with Carmine, Phick style. Except, I obviously don't want Lauren to end up actually dating Carmine but an affair would be fun. Perhaps Lauren is sexually frustrated? It makes sense, her husband is constantly working

Queen B
Member Avatar

Wait but who am I kidding, this is JG's show we're talking about..he never takes these kinds of risks.

Queen B
Member Avatar

I can't help but roll my eyes to all the people who think Michael and Lauren should stay together, those two haven't had good chemistry for years now and something needs to be done to shake them up. Most boring couple on Y&R right now! Besides maybe Lane ofcourse

Checkers
Member Avatar

I do think they are hinting at an affair. It won't happen right away but it will slowly happen.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton

Cassie was a important part of the show when she first came on the show. After that she was just Nick and Sharon's daughter. I am sick of the memorial every damn year. They give no memorial to John Abbott who was a important part of the show for many many years. I don't want to see him anymore then we see him but damn he was a much more appreciated and beloved member of the cast then Cassie ever thought about being > To bake her favorite cookie on her birthday was a joke. I myself wish they would just drop the Cassie memorial shit and get on with life like I did when I lost my son 25 years ago. You cannot dwell on a persons death over and over. Sure you mourn them forever but you don't do the crap that Sharon and Nick do to honor them. cassie telling NIck he would have another daughter is another joke of a s/l. I am sure she meant for her dad to go knock up her unmarried mother and have the Miracle baby Faith. THey are making a mockery of Cassie's death and that is all it comes down to. A lot of people on the other boards are saying they are as sick of the Cassie crap as I am and some said they weren't even going to bother watching todays show because they were sick of Cassie crap year after year after year.

ArthriticBill
Member Avatar

Checkers
Jan 7 2013, 01:24 PM
Still hate that MAB killed of Brad & Colleen to where they can't possibly come back. Brad would be perfect in this fight for Jabot/NE story.

Well, I'll tell you; DD's B&B character is really feeling the heat at the current moment. He's still fabulous. The trick for me today was finding a functional VCR in the house. Something happened to my main VCR when I tried to play back today's eppy. Acted like it was stuck between FF and PLAY--and the audio sounded like chipmunks on energy drinks! (And no, it wasn't during Chloe and Kevin's scenes, either!)

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I don't see anything wrong with Shick and the family remembering Cassie's death. In no way have they stopped living their lives--they are simply remembering
the day they lost someone they loved dearly. It's a tradition the powers that be include in the storylines every year--very realistic, it's done IRL.
EDIT: Shick coming together yearly, shows just how much love is still there for each other and for beloved Cassie.
Edited by bellajewel, Jan 9 2013, 10:49 PM.

soapflake02

HotPepper
Jan 9 2013, 08:59 PM
DrewHamilton

Cassie was a important part of the show when she first came on the show. After that she was just Nick and Sharon's daughter. I am sick of the memorial every damn year. They give no memorial to John Abbott who was a important part of the show for many many years. I don't want to see him anymore then we see him but damn he was a much more appreciated and beloved member of the cast then Cassie ever thought about being > To bake her favorite cookie on her birthday was a joke. I myself wish they would just drop the Cassie memorial shit and get on with life like I did when I lost my son 25 years ago. You cannot dwell on a persons death over and over. Sure you mourn them forever but you don't do the crap that Sharon and Nick do to honor them. cassie telling NIck he would have another daughter is another joke of a s/l. I am sure she meant for her dad to go knock up her unmarried mother and have the Miracle baby Faith. THey are making a mockery of Cassie's death and that is all it comes down to. A lot of people on the other boards are saying they are as sick of the Cassie crap as I am and some said they weren't even going to bother watching todays show because they were sick of Cassie crap year after year after year.
I'm going to disagee with you on that one, John gets mentioned many times. He was just on a few times, there is nothing wrong with them remembering Cassie. Killing off cassie is what got characters to where they are now.. I see nothing wrong with it. From what I have seen many people were very impressed with today's episode. Can't please them all I guess.

soapflake02

HotPepper
Jan 9 2013, 08:59 PM
DrewHamilton

I am sorry for your loss but personally I see nothing wrong with them remembering Cassie every year. Everybody chooses to remember somebody in their own way and as for today's episode there was nothing wrong with it.

Checkers
Member Avatar

They baked cookies as a family and told Faith a little about her sister she will never meet. Sheesh. It's realistic. Most parents don't forget the day their child was born, even if they are gone.

soapflake02

Try telling a parent in real life not to memorialize a lost child in real life and see how that goes.. They are no different.
Just to clear this up before somebody takes this wrong, in no way, shape or form am I referring to anybody that has lost somebody at all.
Edited by soapflake02, Jan 9 2013, 11:16 PM.

soapflake02

Queen B
Jan 9 2013, 08:28 PM
I can't help but roll my eyes to all the people who think Michael and Lauren should stay together, those two haven't had good chemistry for years now and something needs to be done to shake them up. Most boring couple on Y&R right now! Besides maybe Lane ofcourse
As for michael and Lauren, I'm surprised they are still together.. think that might change soon. who knows.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply