Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: January Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 31 2012, 10:53 PM (9,111 Views)
Checkers
Member Avatar

They gave baby Eve a funeral. I can't remember if she was cremated or not but I remember all the Newmans, Neil, and Cole being at the funeral. Poor Victoria was a wreck.

They named the baby girl after Cole's mother Eve. Talk about a sordid history there. Eve's history with Victor & Nikki. Nikki/Cole's little thing they had going. Cole and Victoria thinking they were related. Cole choosing Victoria over Nikki. Victoria posing nude for that magazine. The quad with Ryan/Nina.

They don't mention Victoria's past loves Ryan & Cole very much. Interestingly enough Victor grew to except both in Victoria's life.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Jan 10 2013, 01:13 PM
Sammie Jo
Jan 10 2013, 10:21 AM
soapgoddess
Jan 10 2013, 01:52 AM
Shick
Jan 10 2013, 01:30 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
IMO it's because Cassie was Sharon's daughter, not Nick's. If Cassie was a Newman, not a child Sharon had with another man, it would not
be such hatred. SMH. People transferring their hate for Sharon onto her daughter. :fp2:
again with the "hate", baloney, just sick of it, every damn year. I would feel the same about any character who was dead for years and was still getting birthday celebrations.
Nobody is "transferring" anything.
I guess the only beef I'd have with it is that it seems to be the only major death that is celebrated on the show regularly. We don't see the Abbotts celebrating John's birthday for example well, they don't need to b/c he appears so often! What about Dru? or Colleen? I wouldn't mind other deceased characters get some attn as well. Spread the love. Doesnt have to be every year but a mention every so often wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't mind if Billy, in this current feud, brought up that Victor wouldn't be alive if not for Colleen's heart...somethng like that.

I can understand why they do keep Cassie at the forefront tho. Her death resulted in the downfall of one of the biggest supercouples on the show.
I can understand, "hey, it's Cassie's birthday, I'm going to the cemetary to put flowers on her grave, do you want to come?"
Not, badgering Noah like he was committing the sin of the century by not going, not baking cookies and all the rest of the drama that went with it.
I have a friend whose baby died at 3 weeks old, back in 88, and he still goes once a year to the grave, but he does not go with his ex wife. She goes when she goes, and he goes when he goes, once in awhile they run into each other.

soapflake02

This could go round and round all damn day, bottom line is this show cannot possibly make everybody happy. They did a nice Cassie episode, it's over, feel free to tune out and next year when they remember Cassie(if they do) feel free to tune out. Nobody is making anybody watch it. That simple.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Jan 10 2013, 07:03 PM
This could go round and round all damn day, bottom line is this show cannot possibly make everybody happy. They did a nice Cassie episode, it's over, feel free to tune out and next year when they remember Cassie(if they do) feel free to tune out. Nobody is making anybody watch it. That simple.
I don't know if you noticed or not, but this board is for discussion, and that's what we're doing, feel free to tune out of the discussion at any time. It's that simple.

soapflake02

Sammie Jo
Jan 10 2013, 07:13 PM
soapflake02
I don't know if you noticed or not, but this board is for discussion, and that's what we're doing, feel free to tune out of the discussion at any time. It's that simple.
Just giving my opinion, don't like it don't read it. chill out.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I miss Nicole Reed. I hope at some point she gets a story that doesn't involve her meddling. Nicole is better than that.

Posted Image

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Jan 10 2013, 07:25 PM
Sammie Jo
Jan 10 2013, 07:13 PM
soapflake02
Just giving my opinion, don't like it don't read it. chill out.
you should take your own advice!

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Checkers
Jan 11 2013, 12:27 PM
I miss Nicole Reed. I hope at some point she gets a story that doesn't involve her meddling. Nicole is better than that.

Posted Image
Man that was good! Diane was one of the best bitches around. She was one of my favs cuz she got in the face of both Nikki and Phyllis real well. Ugh makes me upset they killed Diane.

Checkers
Member Avatar

What MAB did to Diane was shameful the character had been around since the 80s but MAB tossed her away like trash.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Checkers
Jan 12 2013, 02:43 AM
What MAB did to Diane was shameful the character had been around since the 80s but MAB tossed her away like trash.
Like she did with so many others... :shame:

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

soapflake02
I agree!

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

soapgoddess
Jan 10 2013, 01:52 AM
Shick
Jan 10 2013, 01:30 AM
Checkers
Jan 9 2013, 10:48 PM
They baked cookies as a family and told Faith a little about her sister she will never meet. Sheesh. It's realistic. Most parents don't forget the day their child was born, even if they are gone.
Let's face it... it's because Cassie was Nick and Sharon's daughter. That is most likely why it gets such hate.
IMO it's because Cassie was Sharon's daughter, not Nick's. If Cassie was a Newman, not a child Sharon had with another man, it would not
be such hatred. SMH. People transferring their hate for Sharon onto her daughter. :fp2:
Great point.

Ejole Lifer

I loved the Cassie episode. She was a great character played by a wonderful actress. As for the show remembering it, I think it's very realistic and it needs to be remembered every year. If you're a parent, and more importantly a parent who lost a child, I think you can understand. That type of thing just doesn't go away. The void is never filled, and I'm glad that no matter how crazy the show gets they always remember Cassie.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

i am a parent that lost a child and I am sorry I do not agree or like what they are doing on Cassie's birthday or the date of her death. You mourn for the child that you lost and you do have to grieve but making a big day of it doesn't take away the pain and only makes the pain worse. Just remember them with fond memories and the love that they brought into your life. If you can't do that then in my opinion you need grief counseling.

Ejole Lifer

I am sorry for your loss. I never said it takes the pain away. How could it? I think maybe it's just an individual thing. My aunt and uncle lost their daughter to a serious heart condition and they celebrate her birthday every year and even include her name on their holiday and birthday cards that they give out. A family friend of ours visits her son's gravesite every single day, and he's been dead for nearly 20 years. I guess just different people choose to do different things. I like the way that Y&R chooses to remember. It's one episode out of hundreds in a year.
Edited by Ejole Lifer, Jan 13 2013, 11:30 AM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I have been watching this show since I was a nine-year-old boy (yes, that is over 30 years of watching) but I can honestly say I have only tuned in two or three times since Jill Farren Phelps took over a couple of months ago.

What's the verdict so far? Getting better? Worse? Still influx?

I remember her transformation of General Hospital (aka destroying it) took a good two to three years. She took over in 2001, I believe, but only remember it becoming unwatchable and mobcentric by about 2004 or 2005.

klements

I am not enjoying the actor who plays Leslie's brother at all. I hate the way he looks at Lily, and I can see no chemistry between them. I think he's also a terrible actor, at least so far. Sometimes folks get better down the road, but if he doesn't stop undressing every woman that walks by with his eyes--then I don't hold out much hope for him.

LPS
Member Avatar

I think the current writers are better than MAB, but nothing to brag home about.

Peridott
Member Avatar

klements
Jan 13 2013, 08:15 PM
I am not enjoying the actor who plays Leslie's brother at all. I hate the way he looks at Lily, and I can see no chemistry between them. I think he's also a terrible actor, at least so far. Sometimes folks get better down the road, but if he doesn't stop undressing every woman that walks by with his eyes--then I don't hold out much hope for him.
I'm okay with his acting but I am tired of Tyler stalking after Lily. I see no chemistry between them and he's so cocky and aggressive that I think he needs a woman whose not sweet and girly like Lily is.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Peridott
Jan 13 2013, 10:40 PM
klements
Jan 13 2013, 08:15 PM
I'm okay with his acting but I am tired of Tyler stalking after Lily. I see no chemistry between them and he's so cocky and aggressive that I think he needs a woman whose not sweet and girly like Lily is.
I do like Tyler but I agree that he needs to tone it down a little. I don't see Lily attracted to a playboy type. If he showed more of a sensitive side then he'd be in business.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply