Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: January Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 1 2013, 12:28 AM (6,738 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Luke is back!!!!
Maxie is pregnant. The s/l is unrealistic.
Glad Ellie isn't paralyzed.
For some reason Anna isn't warming upto Duke. Posted Image
Edited by bellajewel, Jan 22 2013, 03:07 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I kinda liked the Anna and Sonny scenes. I don't want it as a regular thing but I liked it. Finola is just ... sigh. God, I love her. The mere mention of Robin's name and the pain instantly showed. Just terrific. However, I wasn't all that thrilled of her running into Luke's arms like a teenager. I have NOT missed them together. At all. I do like Anna's position in it though. I hope the Duke angle is explored more because right now they need to be in scenes and discussing things. They're just jumping into this triangle. Yeah, the reminded us about Duke and Anna as Faison was masquerading as Duke but now that Duke is actually here ... IDK. I want a little more. I'm sure I'm just being impatient. It also annoyed me to see Anna's reaction because she all but shrugged her shoulders when he left and she found out he was taken prisoner in Turkey. She had Duke back and just couldn't care less. It was kinda jarring. I know it wasn't meant to be seen like that, I'm sure but that's how I took it. This triangle just ... IDK.

I have liked seeing Mac and Felicia a little more. Especially with Duke. So nice. I just can't believe when I turn on GH that I get to see Lucy, AJ, Monica, Felicia, Duke, Anna, Faison, etc. It's still surreal.

The Maxie storyline is so ugh. But, not gonna lie, I'm finally becoming a Kirsten Storms fan. I think she has actually done a pretty good job in this and as annoying as Maxie is by always keeping her mouth shut and causing herself more problems, this aspect has been OK for me. I do hate the storyline and find it all so pointless and convoluted. I'll skip on talking about Spinelli. If you don't have anything nice to say ... why is Maxie so head over heels for this thing? Ellie I can buy. I like Ellie and Spinelli together and the actress playing Ellie is very talented. They need to keep her around. I just feel like she will ultimately be a victim of this storyline. However, it's not an all around horrible storyline, just a bit unrealistic. It's definitely soapy.

I really miss when I liked Luke. I don't know why but I am so disappointed he's back and I hate feeling like that. It's nice seeing Dante and Lulu staying together. Kinda rare for a younger couple on soaps. The writing for them is a bit too sugary sweet and boring. It also doesn't help I like Dante a little bit more away from Lulu. And while I get the baby thing is huge for Lulu, I'm kinda over her constantly obsessing over it and Maxie. She's like a broken record. Doesn't she work? Isn't there SOMETHING else she can talk about?

Oh, almost forgot about Kawny and Olivia. I actually didn't mind that. I do take issue with the fact that Olivia and Sonny are both practically crawling to Kawny just because she's FINALLY showing human relatability. I think this kind of writing should have been there months ago. It just seems so far into it and they are using Sonny and Olivia to try and make Kawny viable. It is sort of working for me, honestly. I wish I cared more about Kate/Kawny though. Nothing against Kelly Sullivan but I still see Megan Ward as Kate. I can't help it. I really liked her. I could absolutely buy Sonny wanting THAT Kate back, not this Kate, so I'm kinda OK with Kawny sticking around. She is so offensive yet entertaining at the same time.

I miss AJ and Lucy on my screen.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm really enjoying the surrogate storyline now that Maxie is pregnant with Spinelli's baby. I think it's an awesome twist. Very soapy. I don't care at all if there is nothing logical about it. I'm able to suspend belief, because it's an interesting take on the story, and allows it to move forward without getting tiresome, or going to the usual surrogate storyline route where Maxie would develop feelings for Dante. Who wants to see that? Not me.

And I absolutely love Spinelli and Ellie. It probably has more to do with Ellie, who I'm just head over heels for. She's made me like Spinelli for the first time since he showed up in 2006.

Olivia and Connie's scenes were nice. I liked them getting closer. The dancing was cute. I'm glad they're softening Connie. I honestly wouldn't be upset if we never see Kate again if Connie is going to be written this way.

Anna and Sonny was a pleasant surprise. Neither was really propping the other. They were just discussing the mess both of their lives are in.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jan 24 2013, 01:05 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew, the phrase is head over heals, not hills. LoL

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ah! I feel stupid, LOL. *Fixed*

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The dog looks like a Jackal! Leave it to Carlivati to bring it all around and have it make sense. Love it.

Had to roll my eyes at Emma wanting Sabrina to be her new mommy. :eyeroll:

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 23 2013, 06:33 PM
The dog looks like a Jackal! Leave it to Carlivati to bring it all around and have it make sense. Love it.

Had to roll my eyes at Emma wanting Sabrina to be her new mommy. :eyeroll:
Yeah I think it was interesting that the dog was a jackal.

However, I CAN'T STAND this storyline!!!!

Golden Duck
Member Avatar

I still want that puppy. It's adorable.

But, this storyline isn't.

Edited by Golden Duck, Jan 23 2013, 10:13 PM.

happy
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jan 23 2013, 01:02 PM
Drew, the phrase is head over heals, not hills. LoL
Bright eyes, the phrase is head over heels, not heals. LOL.

Golden Duck
Member Avatar

Not when you're Alanis Morrisette. Then, it's head over feet. LMAO.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I actually like Carly's short hair.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Ahhha Liz and her bitchface :wub:

Golden Duck
Member Avatar

Today's show was just so so. I loved Ned and Tracy, and Todd and Johnny. The Michael and AJ and Sam and John stuff was okay. But, I cannot tolerate the hospital crew. And, dragging Carly into it was enough to piss me off. Another character I like propping SabrinaSue.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Golden Duck
Jan 24 2013, 03:27 PM
Today's show was just so so. I loved Ned and Tracy, and Todd and Johnny. The Michael and AJ and Sam and John stuff was okay. But, I cannot tolerate the hospital crew. And, dragging Carly into it was enough to piss me off. Another character I like propping SabrinaSue.
Pretty much summed up my own thoughts.

Ned and Tracy were great. As much as I'm rooting for AJ and not wanting to see him be viewed anymore as a joke or a loser, I can't help but root for Tracy (too) and love every bit of her scheming. I can't believe she called Sonny. LMAO. This should be fun.

Todd and Johnny were fun. McBain and Todd really should take their act on the road. I actually like McBain with Todd. I hate his monotone, grave, serious voice when he's with Sam. UGH. Quit the whispering shit and just speak. It drives me nuts.

I hate to say it but Britt is KINDA growing on me. She IS much more tolerable away from this horrid triangle. Little Brooklyn is so good as Emma. Can't wait to see Britt get told tomorrow by her.

I didn't mind Carly involved in Sabrina/Felix's little mess. But it was clear Sabrina propping. Felix is also growing on me and I hope he and Carly continue to interact.
Edited by KMan101, Jan 24 2013, 06:23 PM.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

GH was great today OMG Todd was a hoot I hope he gets a Emmy because he certainly deserves it. I canít wait for someone to burst Dr. Britch bubble. Justin from DAYS was on today as usual he is the nice son and a bitch for a Mom. Felix is the best I just love him and his honesty and I wish that Sabrina would have let Carly make her over. GH paces the show just right and again today it made me smile.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

As a Wally fan, I was in true heaven- getting both Ned and Justin on two shows. :)

I simply loved myNed/Tracy scenes. best part of today's show. I just love seeing Ned scheming with his mommy Tracy. I want more of these two together. Ned (Wally Kurth) need to stay at GH long term wise. More Ned please!!!!

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

NED!! :wub: :wub: Love him and his scenes with Tracy.

"For God's sake Patrick, open your eyes!" THANK YOU Elizabeth. I want to reach through my TV and shake that man. I really wonder how he ever ended up with an intelligent mentally stable woman like Robin in the first place? The dimwit sure has a blind spot when it comes to all the other other crazy psycho bitches he attracts.

I really like Carly's new look.

Yes Sabrina, please let Carly give you a makeover. The frizz head and 80's glasses need to go!

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I love AJ and Michael, best father-son on soaps right now.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Britt,what a bitch,nice way to talk to a little kid.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Britt is a freaking bitch!! You don't say those things to a little child, even if they don't like you. Britt has never given Emma a reason to like her rude bitchy ass. Patrick better wake the hell up!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply