Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 1 2013, 01:00 PM (13,954 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

Today's episode was really good. Everything has already been said about the John/Kristen/Brady/Marlena stuff and I wholeheartedly agree with it. Kristen's glee was wonderful. And I love that she's all about getting revenge on John, not making him love her or whatever. And I like that there is a kernal of truth in her feelings about what happened. Obviously, she went off the deep end, but John was the one who pursued her when she was engaged to Tony and then ultimately rejected her for Marlena. So, her perspective is totally skewed, but it's completely made up either.

Oh, and I loved how she acted so freaked out with the hotel security guard. I bet Brady's going to hear about that at some point.

Big, dumb Brady is hilarious. I really don't want him to get any smarter because he's far more entertaining this way. When Kristen said that John and Marlena needed to see him for the man he was, it was like you could see the lightbulb go on. Too funny.

I didn't even hate the Quad of Doom stuff. Nicole was hilarious and I really do enjoy her friendship with Rafe. I love that she thinks he's an idiot for wanting to be with Sami, but she's willing to help him out anyway. She really should be allowed to get drunk though.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

Ashtonion
Jan 1 2013, 03:10 PM
Okay, that whole episode was good. Ejole totally had me rolling and their chemistry is undeniable. I know Ej was supposed to be plain pissed but he cracked a smile a few times with Nicole.. So friggen good. i even loved the Bristen/Jarlena scenes, Chad/Abby. I could have done without Dannifer and Ejami though. Sami was on an actual date with EJ, he went all out, and just because he wasn't standing there at midnight she kisses Rafe, the man she loves? That alone should say EJ needs to give up.
Well to be fair she did start to go find EJ the closer they got to midnight, but Rafe grabbed her arm and gave her that look. What's a girl to do when you see that the man you love wants to kiss you, but kiss him back for all it's worth. :D

Vicky4Mimi

camera shy
Jan 1 2013, 05:45 PM
Ashtonion
Jan 1 2013, 03:10 PM
Okay, that whole episode was good. Ejole totally had me rolling and their chemistry is undeniable. I know Ej was supposed to be plain pissed but he cracked a smile a few times with Nicole.. So friggen good. i even loved the Bristen/Jarlena scenes, Chad/Abby. I could have done without Dannifer and Ejami though. Sami was on an actual date with EJ, he went all out, and just because he wasn't standing there at midnight she kisses Rafe, the man she loves? That alone should say EJ needs to give up.
Well to be fair she did start to go find EJ the closer they got to midnight, but Rafe grabbed her arm and gave her that look. What's a girl to do when you see that the man you love wants to kiss you, but kiss him back for all it's worth. :D
Sami wanted that Rafe kiss! And Ej was really getting to his EJOLE kiss. The right people were together at midnight....
How many years have EJOLE been together for New Years now? I know of at least 3...

Tammy
Member Avatar

Ohhhh THERE is the Kristen I love to hate! :wub: Kristen/Brady/John/Marlena ROCKED today!!!! :rockon:

I knew she paid that little girl to fall off her bike lmao! And Brady... you're an idiot. I guess it's true what they say, like father like son! :shame:

camera shy

I think the show was foreshadowing everyone who will eventually end up together by who was kissing who.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jan 1 2013, 06:25 PM
I think the show was foreshadowing everyone who will eventually end up together by who was kissing who.
Don't forget Eric. ;)

deletemyaccountplease

I wish

Ej is going to go back to being Samis lapdog and Nicole is going back to being a nun

AKA ZZZZZZZZZZ
Edited by deletemyaccountplease, Jan 1 2013, 06:30 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 1 2013, 06:27 PM
camera shy
Jan 1 2013, 06:25 PM
Don't forget Eric. ;)
I'm hoping that eventually we will get an Eric/Nicole/Ej triangle once we get Ej away from Safe's drama. That would actually be interesting.
Quote Post Goto Top

deletemyaccountplease

the writers are so obsessed with good vs evil, might as well go for it

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 1 2013, 03:51 PM
I don't really think they "did her dirty", but I don't have a problem with her seeing it that way.
Same here. It makes absolute sense that she would feel wronged by John and feel like everything was his (and Marlena's) fault. She spent years building a relationship with a man that she loved and adored only to find out he was in love with someone else the whole time. That's no excuse for doing the things she did, but you can at least see why she would see herself as the victim in everything.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I have a question (not really related to todays show). Is Joe Mascolo ever actually coming back to the show? Or are we only going to see Stefano Skype with people from now on? :shrug:

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 1 2013, 06:53 PM
lysie
I don't really think they "did her dirty", but I don't have a problem with her seeing it that way.
Same here. It makes absolute sense that she would feel wronged by John and feel like everything was his (and Marlena's) fault. She spent years building a relationship with a man that she loved and adored only to find out he was in love with someone else the whole time. That's no excuse for doing the things she did, but you can at least see why she would see herself as the victim in everything.
That's one of the things that makes me love Kristen, how she's deluded herself and twisted what happened to cast herself as the injured party and Marlena as the bitch in the situation. It's so pathetic, but that she believes it so firmly just makes her lovable to me.

annie21

Mason
Jan 1 2013, 07:03 PM
Kenny
lysie
That's one of the things that makes me love Kristen, how she's deluded herself and twisted what happened to cast herself as the injured party and Marlena as the bitch in the situation. It's so pathetic, but that she believes it so firmly just makes her lovable to me.
In a way, it kinda sounds like you're talking about Sami.

Mason
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 1 2013, 07:09 PM
Mason
Jan 1 2013, 07:03 PM
Kenny
lysie
In a way, it kinda sounds like you're talking about Sami.
Except with Sami, you know she doesn't really believe half the crap she spews, so when she does it, it's just obnoxious.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kristen: Isn't it obvious what's going on between Brady and me?

John: Do you have feelings for my son?

Kristen: You're such an idiot.

John: So you never let go of me.

Kristen: Nope, but not the way you think. Do you really think that love never dies? Did you really think that you could leave me on the floor, on my knees, begging you to give me a chance and I would never get back up again?

John: Unbelievable. It's you...

Kristen: Yeah. It's me.

John: And I believed you. When you first came back to Salem, I actually thought I saw the woman that I fell in love with.

Kristen: The woman that you did everything you could to destroy. Yeah. Well I survived, thanks. I guess I owe you that much.

John: Oh my God. Marlena was right.

Kristen: Oh! How did we get through three sentences without hearing that woman's name?

John: I can't believe you set this whole thing up. Everything you did since you came back to Salem. The little girl at the Horton Square who fell off her bike and got hurt...

Kristen: Mm-hmm. Pamela. Wasn't she great?

John: All those damn coincidences, you just used me to get to Brady.

Kristen: Not exactly, but it's funny how things work out.

John: So you hate me that much?

Kristen: Yes. I did everything I could to make you happy. I turned myself inside out for you, to give you what you wanted, but all Marlena had to do was walk in the door.

John: It wasn't like that.

Kristen: We were one minute from being married!

John: What are you talking about?

Kristen: Our wedding! When Marlena and I were freed from that room I thought everything would be okay. All you had to do was finish your vow! All you had to do was say two little words -- "I do." But Marlena walked in and you dropped my hand. In the middle of our wedding vows, you dropped my hand! And you went to Marlena and you never looked back at me!

John: I don't remember it like that.

Kristen gets on her knees.

Kristen: Do you remember this? Do you remember me on my knees? I was begging you to stay and you looked at me like I was something stuck on the bottom of your shoe.

John: Kristen! After what you did to Marlena and Susan...

Kristen: For you, John! I'd never loved anybody before. You made me believe. I trusted that you meant it. I thought you meant it when you said you were going to walk away from Marlena and it would be me from then on.

John: I did mean it.

Kristen: Until you didn't. You went back to your precious Marlena.

John: Kristen, it really wasn't that simple.

Kristen: It was pretty simple because you looked at me like I was a piece of trash. You threw me aside. You didn't care what you did to me.

John: This is what you've held onto?

Kristen: You're so transparent. You don't give a damn. You're just trying to neutralize me. You think if you pretend you care and you give a damn about me that I'm going to stay away from Brady -- I'm not!

John: He's just an innocent in all this. You don't need to hurt him.

Kristen: Who says I'm going to hurt him?

John: You're going to break his heart.

Kristen: Oh, no no no! I'm going to break YOUR heart. I'm taking YOUR son away from YOU.

John: No. You won't do that.

Kristen: I already have! That gorgeous young man cares about me. He's determined that the two of us are together even if it means turning his back on you.

John: He wouldn't do that.

Kristen: Of course he wouldn't do that! Because your relationship with Brady is perfect, isn't it? You were never careless with him the way you were with me, were you? You never neglected him or made him doubt your love for him.

John: You are a bitch.

Kristen: You know what's interesting is that Brady and I have so much in common. I don't really even need to talk about it because there's just so much between us already. And you know what? (whispering in John's ear) He's falling in love with me.

John: Damn it woman, you stay away from my son! Do you hear me?!

John grabs Kristen and begins to throttle her. Kristen laughs.

John: You savage, twisted, manipulative bitch, you will not use my son!

deletemyaccountplease

We need to tweet we liked the writer for today

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

@Kenny- I think I love you. I've been waiting for this to be put on youtube since the episode went off earlier this afternoon, lol.

james0479
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 1 2013, 07:22 PM

Kristen: Isn't it obvious what's going on between Brady and me?

John: Do you have feelings for my son?

Kristen: You're such an idiot.

John: So you never let go of me.

Kristen: Nope, but not the way you think. Do you really think that love never dies? Did you really think that you could leave me on the floor, on my knees, begging you to give me a chance and I would never get back up again?

John: Unbelievable. It's you...

Kristen: Yeah. It's me.

John: And I believed you. When you first came back to Salem, I actually thought I saw the woman that I fell in love with.

Kristen: The woman that you did everything you could to destroy. Yeah. Well I survived, thanks. I guess I owe you that much.

John: Oh my God. Marlena was right.

Kristen: Oh! How did we get through three sentences without hearing that woman's name?

John: I can't believe you set this whole thing up. Everything you did since you came back to Salem. The little girl at the Horton Square who fell off her bike and got hurt...

Kristen: Mm-hmm. Pamela. Wasn't she great?

John: All those damn coincidences, you just used me to get to Brady.

Kristen: Not exactly, but it's funny how things work out.

John: So you hate me that much?

Kristen: Yes. I did everything I could to make you happy. I turned myself inside out for you, to give you what you wanted, but all Marlena had to do was walk in the door.

John: It wasn't like that.

Kristen: We were one minute from being married!

John: What are you talking about?

Kristen: Our wedding! When Marlena and I were freed from that room I thought everything would be okay. All you had to do was finish your vow! All you had to do was say two little words -- "I do." But Marlena walked in and you dropped my hand. In the middle of our wedding vows, you dropped my hand! And you went to Marlena and you never looked back at me!

John: I don't remember it like that.

Kristen gets on her knees.

Kristen: Do you remember this? Do you remember me on my knees? I was begging you to stay and you looked at me like I was something stuck on the bottom of your shoe.

John: Kristen! After what you did to Marlena and Susan...

Kristen: For you, John! I'd never loved anybody before. You made me believe. I trusted that you meant it. I thought you meant it when you said you were going to walk away from Marlena and it would be me from then on.

John: I did mean it.

Kristen: Until you didn't. You went back to your precious Marlena.

John: Kristen, it really wasn't that simple.

Kristen: It was pretty simple because you looked at me like I was a piece of trash. You threw me aside. You didn't care what you did to me.

John: This is what you've held onto?

Kristen: You're so transparent. You don't give a damn. You're just trying to neutralize me. You think if you pretend you care and you give a damn about me that I'm going to stay away from Brady -- I'm not!

John: He's just an innocent in all this. You don't need to hurt him.

Kristen: Who says I'm going to hurt him?

John: You're going to break his heart.

Kristen: Oh, no no no! I'm going to break YOUR heart. I'm taking YOUR son away from YOU!

John: No. You won't do that.

Kristen: I already have! That gorgeous young man cares about me. He's determined that the two of us are together even if it means turning his back on you.

John: He wouldn't do that.

Kristen: Of course he wouldn't do that! Because your relationship with Brady is perfect, isn't it? You were never careless with him the way you were with me, were you? You never neglected him or made him doubt your love for him.

John: You are a bitch.

Kristen: You know what's interesting is that Brady and I have so much in common. I don't really even need to talk about it because there's just so much between us already. And you know what? (whispering in John's ear) He's falling in love with me.

John: Damn it woman, you stay away from my son! Do you hear me?!

John grabs Kristen and begins to throttle her. Kristen laughs.

John: You savage, twisted, manipulative bitch, you will not use my son!
Best scenes in YEARS! Flawless dialogue. I've watched it over and over again. The glee on her face when John attempts to fight her.....omg. Welcome back Kristen! Welcome home.

james0479
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Jan 1 2013, 07:23 PM
We need to tweet we liked the writer for today
I did at 1pm. Lol. Loved today's show!!!

Mason
Member Avatar

I meant to mention this earlier, but I loved the way in which Marlena said "Have you LOST your MIND?" That made me laugh -- in a good way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply