Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R "WORST Soap of 2012"
Topic Started: Jan 1 2013, 04:10 PM (1,297 Views)
lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

WORST SOAP
The Young and the Restless – The number one soap was a number one bummer throughout most of 2012, with lackluster stories, fan favorites thrown into the mix who were wasted, yes, Debbi Morgan, Darnell Williams, Genie Francis, what was the point? Genoa City was a snoozy town in 2012.

MOST DISAPPOINTING SOAP
The Young and the Restless – The reason this is most disappointing because it has such A-list talent attached to it, that it was hard to watch the bad storytelling and the entire cast trying to make it work. They did their best, but Y&R was still hard to invest in it.

WORST STORYLINE
The bizarre antics and character shift of Sharon Newman – The Young and the Restless – Talk about bi-polar! This storyline was up and down and all over the place! Sharon Case had the task of trying to keep up with the writer’s decimating her character. Thank God, she is a good enough actress to survive this nonsense!

BEST RECURRING PERFORMER
Jeff Branson as Ronan – The Young and the Restless – Everyone is clamoring for Branson to return to Genoa City, because this Daytime Emmy winner, is just that damn good!

BEST RUINATION OF A CHARACTER
Neil Winters, The Young and the Restless – How many women can they throw this business man in one calendar year? Did anyone of them work? What is his storyline?

MOST IRRITATING CHARACTER
Sharon Newman – The Young and the Restless – Even though Sharon Case did an amazing job with the material she was given, let’s look at this character: Sharon marrying Victor, being with Adam, all the men, burning down the house of Newman, and on and on. How could we like this once beloved heroine and character, without feeling irritated?

BEST NEWCOMER MALE
Robert Adamson as Noah Newman – The Young and the Restless – Noah’s come and Noah’s go, we think this one will stick! Handsome, charming and he can act

BEST PSYCHO:
Peter Porte as Ricky Williams – The Young and the Restless – Porte changed our minds about him, as he delivered performances that were psychotic and scary. Great job!

All the Above Listings come from On Air Soaps Best & Worst List
Edited by lightandday, Jan 1 2013, 04:10 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

I definitely think 2012 was the worst year of Y&R.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

See, I'm not gonna lie...I liked Sharon's rampage last year. Was it major character destruction that she will probably never going to recover from? Sure. But to be honest, I never cared for the victimized slut that Sharon became over the years anyway and I did find myself tuning in every single day over the summer to see what craziness Sharon was getting herself into next. Plus, Sharon Case absolutely rocked the story.

I also really enjoyed the Ricky Williams storyline as well and it finally gave Paul something to do. The Phyllis/Christine feud revival was another high point for me.

But other than that, not a fan of really anything else from 2012. The firing of MAB was no great loss, but sadly, the hiring of JG is no great gain.

natdot99
Member Avatar

I thought the article was being rather kind. It failed to mentioned other storylines such as Angelo/Angelina, Daisy, Chipmunk all other story lines.
Despite all negative articles about the show, It been the number one soap opera for 24 years.
So far,the remaining soap opera writers do not have creative skills to overthrow the Y&R from its number one spot.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Checkers
Jan 1 2013, 04:38 PM
I definitely think 2012 was the worst year of Y&R.
WORD! I agree....

Checkers
Member Avatar

natdot99
Jan 1 2013, 05:01 PM
I thought the article was being rather kind. It failed to mentioned other storylines such as Angelo/Angelina, Daisy, Chipmunk all other story lines.
Despite all negative articles about the show, It been the number one soap opera for 24 years.
So far,the remaining soap opera writers do not have creative skills to overthrow the Y&R from its number one spot.
No, they don't. JFP & Co. would really have to kill this soap for them to lose the #1 spot. MAB tried...
I do think Y&R has the tools to get better.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

LMAO. they def NAILED it with this summary! really last year was fucking awful.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Honestly, I didn't know what could be worse than DOOL but here it is! The only highlight for me was Chadam's romance.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Another shout out to SC and her amazing talent. That woman deserves all the credit in the world

kelly777
Member Avatar

natdot99
Jan 1 2013, 05:01 PM
YR has the luxury of being in the noon time slot in most areas. That is what has kept them alive and in the #1 spot. Since MAB came aboard they steadily lost viewers and pretty much that continues with the important demo ratings hitting a new low.

Frankly this is up to them to lose.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply