Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 2 2013, 09:37 AM (12,535 Views)
Hamilton
Member Avatar

When Sami told Ej he has changed all I could think was 'yes he has, into a clown'. Not only does he look like one with that ill fitting bow tie the guy comes across desperate. Yes it was fitting for him to set up a private catered dinner but the scene lacked sexiness. He's lost his edge to play this sappy version and it's downright depressing. Whatever chemistry Sami and Ej may have had is long gone and no amount of candles and close-up staring is going to change that when the characters flop.

I think it's stupid that they have Sami kissing back and forth with these men. She's not a confused teenager confronted with love for the first time. She comes across as a selfish player with no regard for the feelings of the men she's supposedly torn over. If they want her to be a conniving bitch enjoying the attention of as many men as she can gather then write her full out that way. This is just a joke and not entertaining in the least.

Kristen, Marlena, John and Brady!!! Love it all! The fight was awesome and Kristen smirking in the back ground the perfect touch. I hope they can keep up the excitement of this story because I'm enjoying it immensely.

I agree with Rafe and Nicole's friendship being a fun touch to the show. I like it hasn't even whispered romance between them to muck it up.

I agree that Nick is extreme, but what he said to Will was right on. Will agreed to this situation and if now he wants to change it then claim the child and let the chips fall where they may.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

deletemyaccountplease

Like x 1000

deletemyaccountplease

I might watch this episode so I can laugh at bowtie boy

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jan 2 2013, 11:31 AM
I had forgotten what it was like to watch the show not knowing what is going to happen and be said... I kinda like it! lol

Oh, not me! I like to know what is going to happen on the next day's show. Love Spoilers of any kind for Days! :laugh:

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

What annoyed me with this episode.

1. Rafe and Sami kissing!
2. That EJ and Sami kiss had to be infront of a smiling Rafe
3. Nicole saying to Will that she was helping the "right couple" aka Safe... WHAT a joke! Since when did she root for SAFE?
4. Sami basically saying she can consider thinking of a "we" with EJ, then when she leaves she is thinking of the kiss with Rafe.

The EJOLE scene was fun thought.. a small touch of the good past and when they are at the best!
Edited by DayDreamer, Jan 2 2013, 03:55 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Vicky4Mimi
Jan 2 2013, 02:00 PM
Lucas is babysitting while she's out with EJ? Craziest thing I have ever heard!
Not really, maybe he just has her for that holiday.....you know....you have her for Thanksgiving, I have her for Xmas, you have her for New Years...but we barely see Allie to even acknowledge where she's been for every holiday, lol....but I do have to say that Lucas has perfect timing!

Harmony233

LuvingLumi
Jan 2 2013, 03:52 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Not really, maybe he just has her for that holiday.....you know....you have her for Thanksgiving, I have her for Xmas, you have her for New Years...but we barely see Allie to even acknowledge where she's been for every holiday, lol....but I do have to say that Lucas has perfect timing!
i thank he was babysitting all the kids i wouldn't say him having allie was babysitting because thats his daughter.

Winterfaire

I might die without my "Day Ahead."

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I am going to wish upon a star that we get a Victor reaction to Brady's affair with Kristen. Somehow, I have a feeling Vic can handle this better than John did. Tin foil hat remark and all.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 2 2013, 04:48 PM
I am going to wish upon a star that we get a Victor reaction to Brady's affair with Kristen. Somehow, I have a feeling Vic can handle this better than John did. Tin foil hat remark and all.
He did just remarry Vivian recently, lol.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 2 2013, 01:57 PM
I've been hot and cold on the Wilson romantic couple chemistry, but that resolution moment was absolutely romantic, and there was a real spark in that scene. It gives me a big "oh noes" knowing the baby secret will be out soon. :shame:
That last scene with WilSon was awesome. Loved it! Very romantic and it did show that chemistry. I agree that sometimes it doesn't seem to be there all the time.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Winterfaire
Jan 2 2013, 04:06 PM
I might die without my "Day Ahead."
If you do we're not responsible for funeral arrangements.

camera shy

Partnersincrime
Jan 2 2013, 01:36 PM
pennieloafer
Jan 2 2013, 01:28 PM
ooh could someone post what happens with with ejole :))))
from i read EJ gets Nicole off him as will and sonny enter coffee house, surprised

eJ explains what happened to Will, leaves.Nic tells guys her diversion was a success.will and sonny look at her like she's nuts and that all nicole airtime in the episode
No she had a couple of scenes with Rafe where she pimped Safe and said she was over EJ and that she wouldn't wish him on anyone.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jan 2 2013, 03:40 PM
When Sami told Ej he has changed all I could think was 'yes he has, into a clown'. Not only does he look like one with that ill fitting bow tie the guy comes across desperate. Yes it was fitting for him to set up a private catered dinner but the scene lacked sexiness. He's lost his edge to play this sappy version and it's downright depressing. Whatever chemistry Sami and Ej may have had is long gone and no amount of candles and close-up staring is going to change that when the characters flop.

ITA!! Whatever heat that was there before was because it was so angsty. Now that its a normal courtship, it feels more awkward than anything. These two cannot do normal. I used to like EJ but I barely recognize him now. I wouldn't call this leading man material. Thank goodness for that EJole scene yesterday LOL

lumifan4life

Vicky4Mimi
Jan 2 2013, 02:12 PM
SocRMum1
Jan 2 2013, 02:04 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Allie is Lucas's daughter. You can't 'babysit' your own kid.
Sami said he was with "the Kids" --not just Allie. And no I don't consider a dad keeping his own children as "babysitting"..but she shouldn't have asked him to keep the kids while she was out with EJ. It's like another stab in Lucas' heart.

Maybe Lucas's heart wasn't being stabbed. And maybe Lucas spent NYE with his daughter and her siblings because he wanted to. He's been burned enough times in the past to probably want to take a long break from the dating scene anyway. I admire that. No point in chasing Sami's fickle heart but I guess he'd rather be alone than rebounding. It's funny how they had to kill our imaginations with the fact that he wasn't on a date though.
Edited by lumifan4life, Jan 2 2013, 05:36 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

3WishGenie
Jan 2 2013, 05:26 PM
Hamilton
Jan 2 2013, 03:40 PM

ITA!! Whatever heat that was there before was because it was so angsty. Now that its a normal courtship, it feels more awkward than anything. These two cannot do normal. I used to like EJ but I barely recognize him now. I wouldn't call this leading man material. Thank goodness for that EJole scene yesterday LOL
Being that it is always subjective I think it's fair to say that there are still a number of fans that continue to see the chemistry/heat between EJ and Sami. Crappy writing considered - it has always been the chemistry that has kept me interested in them. Sometimes to the point that it actually pisses me off. :laugh:

papa

Just got through looking at the John/Brady scenes from today, and although I think John trying to physically keep Brady away from Kristen is unrealistic. Why do they have to make Brady look like a fool where Kristen is concern. /He is basically disregarding what John and Marlena are are saying, because he doesn't wanted to believe he was is pawn in Kristen's twisted game. I wonder if John or Marlena will have to get physically hurt by something Kristen put in motive before he believe them.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm basically pumped about watching today. That's right. Write it down. 1/2/2013 - Lysie was happy with Days for a full 24 hours.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Saw the Ejami scenes online and had mixed feelings. The kisses and looks between them were great - AS/JS still have plenty of chemistry. But the rest of the stuff was annoying. I hate the version of EJ that the writers put in ANY of his relationships. Why do they make him all schmoopy? It's the same crap version of EJ that we got during Ejaylor two years ago. It's the same crap version that we got during Ejole last winter. I didn't like it before with Taylor or Nicole and I don't like it now with Sami. EJ CAN be with a woman and still be confident, sexy and seductive. He CAN still snark and be kind of a dick even if he's in love. Seriously, other writers on other shows manage to do this. Why do they make him go all gooey? I swear, these writers only know generic, romantic schlock. And that might be okay with some characters, but not EJ.

lysie
Member Avatar

Marlena, you really should have asked John what he was doing before he kicked down the door?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply