Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 2 2013, 09:37 AM (12,852 Views)
deletemyaccountplease

Ej looked so insecure in this episode. I thought I could laugh at him but I got depressed instead
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Finally got around to watching today's show..

1. Brady is an idiot.

2. Nick is an ass.

3. OMG Wilson. Their scenes were so good today. Not looking forward to next week.

4. Kristen and Marlena. Best part of the show.

5. If Sami wants Rafe so much why does she keep leading EJ on? Obviously, she, much like Jennifer, likes to have 2 men chasing her at all times.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Maybe Marlena is the one that gets hit -hence the hospital scenes we have been hearing about?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 2 2013, 06:36 PM
Well, yesterday was better than today but I'm still looking forward to tomorrow. I'm liking the writing for Nicole a lot better now than I have in years. The Safe/Ejami triangle isn't a horrible triangle if you pretend all these characters are different people. Rafe is Rafe, but EJ and Sami are also both basically Rafe. That might be Tomlin's goal. Rafe is in a triangle with Rafe fighting for Rafe. No matter what, Rafe is going to win.
LMAO. Rafe epitomizes GT's character writing or really non-character writing. Everybody is so damn generic. As far as I can tell, he has about four basic characters - the villain, the victim, the hero, and the supporting character. That's pretty much it. Obviously characters rotate which role they are playing based on particular plots, but they still don't have unique personalities. You've got a few gifted actors who are actually able to pull something unique and interesting out of their scenes on ocassion (see AZ and ED yesterday), but even that happens irregularly. For the most part, they are all playing a small number of roles without any distinctive and consistent personalities. It's the Vanilla of our Lives.

Harmony233

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 2 2013, 06:58 PM

1. Brady is an idiot.

2. Nick is an ass.

3. OMG Wilson. Their scenes were so good today. Not looking forward to next week.

5. If Sami wants Rafe so much why does she keep leading EJ on? Obviously, she, much like Jennifer, likes to have 2 men chasing her at all times.
honestly sami's actions make me think she likes toying with these mens feelings.she was doing the same thing to lucas last summer too.I just wish there was someone around to call her out on it i rooted for sami when she called out jennifer for it. but now samis turned into what she hated.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Jan 2 2013, 07:18 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Jan 2 2013, 06:58 PM

1. Brady is an idiot.

2. Nick is an ass.

honestly sami's actions make me think she likes toying with these mens feelings.she was doing the same thing to lucas last summer too.I just wish there was someone around to call her out on it i rooted for sami when she called out jennifer for it. but now samis turned into what she hated.
Sami has as a character devolved. It's really nuts, because for years Sami was intensely, insanely and all-consumingly about Austin. It may have been misguided, but she wasn't fickle. She was also a person of action. She made things happen. Teenage Sami would have seen through Nicole's ruse and mounted a counter attack.

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 2 2013, 06:05 PM
Okay, Ejami are at their dinner...why did Sami think their dinner sounded like a party? And who eats dinner at 12:30 am.
Thank god Lucas is looking after the kids and she's not paying the babysitter by the hour.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 2 2013, 06:21 PM
OMG. If they wanted to go with Bristen, they should have pushed that step-mother in-law quote a long time ago, because now I'm basically salivating.
If I could, I would make that my ringtone, lol. :D

MissScarlett67

lysie
Well, yesterday was better than today but I'm still looking forward to tomorrow. I'm liking the writing for Nicole a lot better now than I have in years. The Safe/Ejami triangle isn't a horrible triangle if you pretend all these characters are different people. Rafe is Rafe, but EJ and Sami are also both basically Rafe. That might be Tomlin's goal. Rafe is in a triangle with Rafe fighting for Rafe. No matter what, Rafe is going to win.
I had to come out of the woodwork to LMAO at Tomlin wanting to write a Rafe/Rafe/Rafe triangle. 3 points to Lysie.

blueskies
Member Avatar

MissScarlett67
Jan 2 2013, 08:16 PM
lysie
I had to come out of the woodwork to LMAO at Tomlin wanting to write a Rafe/Rafe/Rafe triangle. 3 points to Lysie.
Until I read the post you quoted, I thought filters had been turned back on, lol. Now I'm slightly bummed to see they aren't.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

The Scorpion
Jan 2 2013, 06:25 PM
SocRMum1
Jan 2 2013, 05:37 PM
3WishGenie
Jan 2 2013, 05:26 PM
Hamilton
Jan 2 2013, 03:40 PM
When Sami told Ej he has changed all I could think was 'yes he has, into a clown'. Not only does he look like one with that ill fitting bow tie the guy comes across desperate. Yes it was fitting for him to set up a private catered dinner but the scene lacked sexiness. He's lost his edge to play this sappy version and it's downright depressing. Whatever chemistry Sami and Ej may have had is long gone and no amount of candles and close-up staring is going to change that when the characters flop.

ITA!! Whatever heat that was there before was because it was so angsty. Now that its a normal courtship, it feels more awkward than anything. These two cannot do normal. I used to like EJ but I barely recognize him now. I wouldn't call this leading man material. Thank goodness for that EJole scene yesterday LOL
Being that it is always subjective I think it's fair to say that there are still a number of fans that continue to see the chemistry/heat between EJ and Sami. Crappy writing considered - it has always been the chemistry that has kept me interested in them. Sometimes to the point that it actually pisses me off. :laugh:
Yes, I'm one of those viewers who see their unique chemistry and quite frank, it is precisely their chemistry that makes me interested in EJami for one can hardly say that they have had the writing on their side! The thing is that actors can play after any script whatsoever but the chemistry is either there or not!
IMHO the chemistry isn't everything, if the writing is shit then the couple/story falls flat and there goes the potential. Think of it....if the chemistry was everything, JT and AS would have a story....they seem to gave great father/daughter chemistry....

LMFAO with Lysie and the Rafe/Rafe/Rafe triangle that GT is trying to create!!
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jan 2 2013, 08:29 PM.

CatherineEarnshaw

I really hope Stefano has plans for John and marlena that will lead to a big payoff for them. Perhaps a long lost child.

I liked will calling nick out today. Gabi is a nothing character.

I actually like Nicole. Sami and EJ as romantic lovers are nauseating.

Kristen thinking she's the wronged party is ridiculous but I like that she thinks it. Eileen is a great villainess. She has little to no vulnerability which made her a terrible heroine but she us fab as the crazy lady. And even though she looks hard she has a teriffuc body.

The line about marlena being in her dotage was funny and Nasty and somewhat personal about deidre IMO

esp13
Member Avatar

I despise this version of EJ every bit as much as I hated him with Tayho and for much of the EJole v. 2.0. If this is the EJami option I get, please reunited Safe like yesterday.

Still enjoying Rafe and Nicole. Mostly I just enjoy this sassy, snarky version of Nicole which has been missing for a long time.

Brady is such a dummy. But John and Marlena should really figure out that the more they tell him that and treat him that way, the more he's going to be defensive. They are playing right into Kristen's hands and they really should be smarter than that. The Kristen/Marlena scenes were great as well. And I loved Kristen's reaction to the fight. Too much fun.

I LOVED Will and Nick's conversation. I love Will confronting Nick about his bigotry, but I also loved Nick telling Will how it works. Nick is absolutely right that Will made a choice and it means that he doesn't have a say in things. If that's not what he wants, then he needs to step up and tell the truth. Again, I like that the writers allow there to be complexity to this and not just good vs. evil. I do definitely sense a custody battle coming down the pike though.

peaches179

esp13
Jan 2 2013, 08:54 PM
I LOVED Will and Nick's conversation. I love Will confronting Nick about his bigotry, but I also loved Nick telling Will how it works. Nick is absolutely right that Will made a choice and it means that he doesn't have a say in things. If that's not what he wants, then he needs to step up and tell the truth. Again, I like that the writers allow there to be complexity to this and not just good vs. evil. I do definitely sense a custody battle coming down the pike though.

lCAM.

MissLola
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Jan 2 2013, 06:57 PM
Ej looked so insecure in this episode. I thought I could laugh at him but I got depressed instead
I was wanting to feel sorry for the poor guy. But he looked like such a dork in that big ass bowtie I just started laughing at him.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

deletemyaccountplease

He's not being romantic
He's TRYING TOO HARD

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

gailwinters
Jan 2 2013, 06:44 PM
lysie
Jan 2 2013, 06:39 PM
gailwinters
lysie
Jan 2 2013, 06:31 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Part of that time was in a college town, so there were lots of all night places there, as well as Waffle House and Denny's. We were usually not interested in fine dining! ;)
Dude. My college town was dull. Everything closed at 9, lol.
It helps when the college is one of the top party schools.
Look at you - party animal! :rockon:

gailwinters
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jan 2 2013, 10:27 PM
gailwinters
Jan 2 2013, 06:44 PM
lysie
Jan 2 2013, 06:39 PM
gailwinters

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Dude. My college town was dull. Everything closed at 9, lol.
It helps when the college is one of the top party schools.
Look at you - party animal! :rockon:
You did see the part about that being a long, long time ago, right? B-)

Bee
Member Avatar

I thought the EJ and Sami stuff was really sweet today. It's been a while and I always enjoy those two. They even put a little Santeen musical button on it at the end. Le sigh.

Sonny and Will couldn't have looked more thankful to be gay guys than while they were witnessing Nicole's display with EJ. Hilarious!

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

Great episode, all around. EJ and Sami today? * romantic sigh* Perfection.

And Kristen? I can't get enough. She's deliciously evil. When she taunted Marlena about being her step-MIL I realized that, yes! That is exactly what I want!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply