Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 2 2013, 09:37 AM (12,531 Views)
JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Finally home after a long ride on the bus from DC back to NYC for the holidays.

Wow is all I have to say about EJ. Talk about perfection. :wub: He put all guys to shame in the romance department in this episode. :cloud9:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Love EJ. Hate Rafe. So, 2013 starts off much like 2012. ;)

AFaithL

Great show. I even enjoyed EJ and Sami.

Nicole continues to rock. This is great writing for her.

Marlena v Kristen is always entertaining. I soooooo want Marlena to be Kristen's MIL! Please make it happen, DAYS! I can see them having the same type of dynamic as Jill/Katherine on Y&R!

I loved Nick and Will. Loved Will calling out Nick on homophobia. But Nick was also right that Will needs to quit being wishy washy. Will could end this....but he has chosen not to. That's on him.

Loved Will and Sonny.

AFaithL

Wait a minute. I have to take back what I said about EJ and Sami. The last 15 minutes was waaaaaay too schmoopy. EJ as a love struck Hugh Grant leaning against the door dreaming about Sami's vajayjay was way OTT. More confident seductor and less ballsless pussy going gaga over Sami. He can still be a snarky badass, and have a love interest at the same time.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

AFaithL
Jan 2 2013, 11:59 PM
Wait a minute. I have to take back what I said about EJ and Sami. The last 15 minutes was waaaaaay too schmoopy. EJ as a love struck Hugh Grant leaning against the door dreaming about Sami's vajayjay was way OTT. More confident seductor and less ballsless pussy going gaga over Sami. He can still be a snarky badass, and have a love interest at the same time.
He was feeling the same way I was at the time ( :wub: ) so I let it slide :laugh: but I see your point. Bad ass romantic is the way to go.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Jan 3 2013, 12:07 AM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I didn't think it was possible for this show to crank out three consecutive excellent episodes but that's exactly what has happened. The John and Brady fight was a bit ridiculous but everything else in their scenes and with Marlena and Kristen was a joy to behold. This is some real good soap going on with these four.

I don't give a damn who Sami does or does not date or bed; but her scenes with Rafe and with EJ today were nice. AS and company are doing a good job of making it seem like Sami is actually torn and unsure about which man she wants this time. I may change my mind tomorrow or the day after; but as for now, this Rafe\Sami\EJ triangle is far more interesting than it has any right to be. Nicole interfering with things only makes it that much more enjoyable.

The scenes with the young set today were also very good. The Nick\Will and Gabi\Sonny chats were fun if not full of foreshadowing. Will and Sonny are still receiving supercouple or favored couple writing and status and that's fine by me as the guys had some off the charts chemistry today. There's no doubt their bliss is not going to last much longer.

AFaithL

I loved when Kristen said "Brady is a grown ass man".

lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
I've decided that it must be impossible. Our options are cartoon villain or schmoopy wuss.

elci525
Member Avatar

I am no Ejami fan at all, but even trying to be objective through my lack of fanbasedom (if possible), I couldn't tolerate those last few beats (well, i didn't like any of it, but the last few minutes were esp bewildering). I do actually like EJ when he is allowed to be a smooth-talking glib badboy (and away from Sami, please), so this was upsetting. EJ is not and never should be a blithering rom com schmoop, and that is what it looked like for me. Only for Sami to daydream flashback to her kiss with Rafe, immediately after kissing EJ? Is this not a frustrating mess? Sami's being torn has long ceased to be any sort of compelling story line imo. And honestly when Ejami speak, I kind of check out. It just sounds like hushed whispers spouting inane dialogue (how many times will Sami say EJ has changed?) Sami is not sparkling, and EJ is barely breathing. At least his little spatty moments with Nicole were more entertaining. Nicole was full of sparkle to me, while Sami just seems so dull in comparison. I never thought I would say that about her.

I liked the Wilson scene at the end, even though I haven't been that paring's biggest cheerleader. Something about Sonny's resolution - as sweet as it was - also rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe it sounded sort of manipulative? Bah I dunno - still a cute scene.

Bristen and Jarlena should be on for a whole episode if possible. Oh Kristen's deranged smile at the end, observing the Black men fighting over her (not in that way, but still). I felt like a junior high schooler all over again, unable to wait to catch my 90s soapy goodness. Hooray.
Edited by elci525, Jan 3 2013, 12:26 AM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 3 2013, 12:13 AM
AFaithL
I've decided that it must be impossible. Our options are cartoon villain or schmoopy wuss.
I really don't get it. How is it so hard??? Hell, The Vampire Diaries manages to keep one its core charcters as kind of a dick, but also a legit love interest for the leading lady. And that's a show about teenage vampires on the CW. Seriously, this is not a Shakespearian effort that we need. Just looking for some level of competence at writing an anti-hero/anti-villain character.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bee
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 3 2013, 12:06 AM
AFaithL
He was feeling the same way I was at the time ( :wub: ) so I let it slide :laugh: but I see your point. Bad ass romantic is the way to go.
Haha! It's true. He was a tad on the schmoopy side but he does tend to get a bit ooey gooey when he's trying to seduce the Samster. I wouldn't mind more sex, less sentimentality in the seduction part though too. Let's get it on!

AFaithL

tomsawyer
Jan 3 2013, 12:31 AM
lysie
AFaithL
I really don't get it. How is it so hard??? Hell, The Vampire Diaries manages to keep one its core charcters as kind of a dick, but also a legit love interest for the leading lady. And that's a show about teenage vampires on the CW. Seriously, this is not a Shakespearian effort that we need. Just looking for some level of competence at writing an anti-hero/anti-villain character.
See "Sawyer" from Lost.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 3 2013, 12:39 AM
tomsawyer
Jan 3 2013, 12:31 AM
lysie
AFaithL
See "Sawyer" from Lost.
Exactly. There are sooooo many TV, movie and book examples of this kind of character. It's such a common and popular trope, and that's because it works! They wouldn't even have to create original stories or dialogue for him. All they need is a weekend of Netflix viewing (I even volunteer to give them a list of movies and TV show episodes) and they'd be all set on how to write EJ for the next year.

Kerenush
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed some parts of the episode. I LOVED the EJami scenes.
Normally I love Nicole but I didn't like her actions in the episode as well as yesterday.
I kinda enjoyed to conv between Will and Nick. I finally felt like Nick treated Will with respect unlike before.
I thought that Sonny/Will scene in bed was kinda cute but yet slightly cheesy. Yet, I still liked it.

camera shy

EJ must be rooting for Safe because he looked like a giant penquin in that bow tie.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

camera shy
Jan 3 2013, 01:02 AM
EJ must be rooting for Safe because he looked like a giant penquin in that bow tie.
old school MJ came to mind for me when I saw the tux. It made the moment even better for me. EJ looked so handsome. :wub:

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 3 2013, 01:18 AM
camera shy
old school MJ came to mind for me when I saw the tux. It made the moment even better for me. EJ looked so handsome. :wub:
I prefer Ej naked myself but since GT obviously hates this idea... I will take a tux :wub: :wub:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

greeneyedgirl
Jan 3 2013, 01:27 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 3 2013, 01:18 AM
camera shy
I prefer Ej naked myself but since GT obviously hates this idea... I will take a tux :wub: :wub:
Naked? :huh: Naked works for me too. :D

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Sami was just as cheesy reaching out to touch Ej's face looking deeply in his eyes and telling him she would never forget this night while cords of 'I love you' music chimed in the background. Never forget this night? Is she going to file it next to that other memorable night when she shot him in the head, left him for dead and went back and had sex with Rafe? Ah such memories to store away. ;) Which one to pull out and reflect upon in the future? Considering as soon as she shut the door on Ej she was having a flashback of kissing the other schmuck I can guess which memory is more lasting.

Good try writers on trying to plug up all the holes in this relationship with magical disappearing Spackle but no cigar because it's still the biggest bunch of hooey in Salem. None of this is romance when it comes across so fake.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Loved Will standing up to Nick but he needs to do it with more vigor. He is too timid - with just about everyone - and it's wearing thin. His demeanor when he ran into E.J. in HTS recently was similar to his demeanor when talking to Kate about Nick which was similar to what we saw during his interaction with Nick in this episode. I heard his words and completely supported him, but I wish the delivery had been a bit different. Even with Sonny he is lacking passion and never really relaxed. There is a reason for that, but I don't understand how Sonny isn't picking up on it more clearly. I know Will is under a lot of stress right now and he's fearful and confused, but there's no reason why he can't portray those feelings and continue to have varied interactions with people. No one has the same demeanor all the time. Hoping a more energetic Chandler/Will returns when the truth about the baby's paternity comes out.

I hope Brady and Kristen are way off-base in their view that John is behaving the way he is at least partly due to jealousy, but I have a feeling there might be something to it for the sake of an even spicier story. We'll see how it plays, but I expect better of John. I hope he's just angry at himself for being taken in by Kristen again and angry at Brady for being so willfully blind. As for the fight - Brady clearly started it and was in the wrong. He should have walked away. I'm glad he didn't because it makes for a more dramatic story for us, but I hope that on-screen he suffers some consequences for it.

Nicole helping Rafe out with Sami despite her distaste for Sami was very sweet. And as much as I like to see these two at war, I was kind of glad that Sami had a flicker of recognition that Nicole set her kiss with Rafe in motion. I'm glad this friendship has been maintained post-baby trauma and I hope it stays that way.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Jan 3 2013, 06:29 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply