Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 2 2013, 09:37 AM (12,529 Views)
michr544125

Great all around show. I just love Eileen Davidson. Kristen's facial expressions when John and Marlena walked in on her and Brady were priceless.

I thought it was great that Will stood more ground but he's still letting Nick and Gabi control him and I still have yet to understand why. But great scenes.

Will and Sonny's scenes together especially the last scene were so good. Those were their best scenes since their love scene. I agree that at times things have seemed with their passion off but yesterday was great. They had so many sparks flying.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 3 2013, 12:20 AM
I am no Ejami fan at all, but even trying to be objective through my lack of fanbasedom (if possible), I couldn't tolerate those last few beats (well, i didn't like any of it, but the last few minutes were esp bewildering). I do actually like EJ when he is allowed to be a smooth-talking glib badboy (and away from Sami, please), so this was upsetting. EJ is not and never should be a blithering rom com schmoop, and that is what it looked like for me. Only for Sami to daydream flashback to her kiss with Rafe, immediately after kissing EJ? Is this not a frustrating mess? Sami's being torn has long ceased to be any sort of compelling story line imo. And honestly when Ejami speak, I kind of check out. It just sounds like hushed whispers spouting inane dialogue (how many times will Sami say EJ has changed?) Sami is not sparkling, and EJ is barely breathing. At least his little spatty moments with Nicole were more entertaining. Nicole was full of sparkle to me, while Sami just seems so dull in comparison. I never thought I would say that about her.

I liked the Wilson scene at the end, even though I haven't been that paring's biggest cheerleader. Something about Sonny's resolution - as sweet as it was - also rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe it sounded sort of manipulative? Bah I dunno - still a cute scene.

Bristen and Jarlena should be on for a whole episode if possible. Oh Kristen's deranged smile at the end, observing the Black men fighting over her (not in that way, but still). I felt like a junior high schooler all over again, unable to wait to catch my 90s soapy goodness. Hooray.
i toally get your point it probaly because last year will still have not admit he is gay so when you see that sonny make will fall inlove with him you got 2 impressions
that so sweet and for sonny wait for will so lovg and the other that is manipulative and rub the wrong way to evething sonny did for will if it was only to get him

tomlin did same in 2009 rafe told sami he want for the start i do not remember the line exactly i remember some people impression of that was ewwwww rafe wanted sami when she was carring some else chlid
it depend how you look at it
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kali
Member Avatar

Yes, Kristen is diabolical and twisted, but is it hopeless to want her to be having real feelings for Brady? I mean as secondary to her desire to be vengeful. I would hate for their hotness to be short-lived. And she didn't know Brady was listening when she was confessing to the priest, did she? She even went back to her hotel room and cried before Brady showed up, right? Couldn't there be something there?

papa

Kali
Jan 3 2013, 07:51 AM
Yes, Kristen is diabolical and twisted, but is it hopeless to want her to be having real feelings for Brady? I mean as secondary to her desire to be vengeful. I would hate for their hotness to be short-lived. And she didn't know Brady was listening when she was confessing to the priest, did she? She even went back to her hotel room and cried before Brady showed up, right? Couldn't there be something there?
I have no doubt Kristen has feelings for Brady on some level, but I don't think they will ever outweight her desire for revenge on John or Marlena and that should never be ok with Brady.

ges
Member Avatar

Kali
She is a disgusting cougar.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I rewatched the Wilson/Nicole scenes and they are absolutely priceless, if too brief. It would be awesome if one of them some how ended up working with Nicole and there could be more scenes with them.

AFaithL

papa
Jan 3 2013, 09:14 AM
Kali
I have no doubt Kristen has feelings for Brady on some level, but I don't think they will ever outweight her desire for revenge on John or Marlena and that should never be ok with Brady.
I think we'll start seeing Kristen's feeling grow for Brady more. :) Still, neither John nor Marlena should want her with their son. Bristen v Jarlena!

Mason

Kristen developing genuine feelings of love for Brady would absolutely be the ruination of this story for me. So I'm sure it'll happen.

Lil
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jan 2 2013, 03:40 PM
When Sami told Ej he has changed all I could think was 'yes he has, into a clown'. Not only does he look like one with that ill fitting bow tie the guy comes across desperate. Yes it was fitting for him to set up a private catered dinner but the scene lacked sexiness. He's lost his edge to play this sappy version and it's downright depressing. Whatever chemistry Sami and Ej may have had is long gone and no amount of candles and close-up staring is going to change that when the characters flop.

I think it's stupid that they have Sami kissing back and forth with these men. She's not a confused teenager confronted with love for the first time. She comes across as a selfish player with no regard for the feelings of the men she's supposedly torn over. If they want her to be a conniving bitch enjoying the attention of as many men as she can gather then write her full out that way. This is just a joke and not entertaining in the least.

Kristen, Marlena, John and Brady!!! Love it all! The fight was awesome and Kristen smirking in the back ground the perfect touch. I hope they can keep up the excitement of this story because I'm enjoying it immensely.

I agree with Rafe and Nicole's friendship being a fun touch to the show. I like it hasn't even whispered romance between them to muck it up.

I agree that Nick is extreme, but what he said to Will was right on. Will agreed to this situation and if now he wants to change it then claim the child and let the chips fall where they may.

I agree with pretty much all of this. It's pathetic...Sami and Jennifer have to be the 2 worst written women on the show. If you're going to have these teenager-y type romances then put YOUNG actors in these roles. It's total crap. And Sami kissing EJ then Rafe then EJ again was just GROSS. Sami kissing ANYONE is gross, IMO, but this was completely puke-worthy.

Kristen and Jarlena are what's keeping me hanging on.

And while I still couldn't give a crap about the Hernandi...I think he shows more signs of life in his friendship with Nicole than he has...ever. There were a few moments with Carrie where he did too before they screwed the pooch on that one.

I still just think Nick is a douchebag. But he's kind of supposed to be a douchebag so I guess it works. I dunno. I like that Will finally confronted him instead of just being cowed the way he has been. I want spunky, asshole Will back lol

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Lil
Jan 3 2013, 11:01 AM
Hamilton
When Sami told Ej he has changed all I could think was 'yes he has, into a clown'. Not only does he look like one with that ill fitting bow tie the guy comes across desperate. Yes it was fitting for him to set up a private catered dinner but the scene lacked sexiness. He's lost his edge to play this sappy version and it's downright depressing. Whatever chemistry Sami and Ej may have had is long gone and no amount of candles and close-up staring is going to change that when the characters flop.

I think it's stupid that they have Sami kissing back and forth with these men. She's not a confused teenager confronted with love for the first time. She comes across as a selfish player with no regard for the feelings of the men she's supposedly torn over. If they want her to be a conniving bitch enjoying the attention of as many men as she can gather then write her full out that way. This is just a joke and not entertaining in the least.

Kristen, Marlena, John and Brady!!! Love it all! The fight was awesome and Kristen smirking in the back ground the perfect touch. I hope they can keep up the excitement of this story because I'm enjoying it immensely.

I agree with Rafe and Nicole's friendship being a fun touch to the show. I like it hasn't even whispered romance between them to muck it up.

I agree that Nick is extreme, but what he said to Will was right on. Will agreed to this situation and if now he wants to change it then claim the child and let the chips fall where they may.

I agree with pretty much all of this. It's pathetic...Sami and Jennifer have to be the 2 worst written women on the show. If you're going to have these teenager-y type romances then put YOUNG actors in these roles. It's total crap. And Sami kissing EJ then Rafe then EJ again was just GROSS. Sami kissing ANYONE is gross, IMO, but this was completely puke-worthy.

And while I still couldn't give a crap about the Hernandi...I think he shows more signs of life in his friendship with Nicole than he has...ever. There were a few moments with Carrie where he did too before they screwed the pooch on that one.

I still just think Nick is a douchebag. But he's kind of supposed to be a douchebag so I guess it works. I dunno. I like that Will finally confronted him instead of just being cowed the way he has been. I want spunky, asshole Will back lol
I think Nick's homophobia is going to backfire on him. He was in prison during the Dark!Will phase, and Nick still thinks he can push around the gay boy. Will consistently stays quiet for a long time then uncorks. He's going to uncork on Gabi and Nick sooner rather than later. Nick is supposed to be a douche, but if he really wanted to manipulate Will, he'd act all scared of losing Gabi and the baby and say he wants to be a good father, if Will would let him. That I could see working. Instead, he just pissed Will off.

Lil
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 3 2013, 09:32 AM
Kristen developing genuine feelings of love for Brady would absolutely be the ruination of this story for me. So I'm sure it'll happen.
It probably will...but hopefully that brings out "obsessive kristen" even more IF they do go that route. There might be some fun in that. Eileen is just sooo goooooood.

lysie
Member Avatar

Lil
Hamilton

It's weird because if they were giving the same writing to the younger set it might work just fine. They managed to write Marlena and Hope as adults, why is it such a problem with Jennifer and Sami? They both started out so young on the show, and it's like they're afraid to let them grow up. That might have been cute and sentimental when they were in their twenties but it's not anymore.

Lil
Member Avatar

I hope you are right! I loved Will so much when he was unleashing on SlamPig all the time and whatnot. He was so much more fun than quiet, insecure, scared Will. Although the WilSon scenes were corny and sweet. Corny & sweet is how I've pretty much felt about Sonny all along, although they HAVE been going into the "completely boring" category more often lately.

Oh, and I didn't even comment on the John & Brady fight! LMAO It was so crazy how they were laying into each other. Now, I come from a Boston-Irish family where fistfights amongst relatives is not uncommon, but dude...Brady...that's your DAD! You don't wail on your dad like that!

Marlena and Kristen continue to be superior to everyone on the show, though John the last couple of days has been great too

Lil
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 3 2013, 11:15 AM
Lil
Hamilton

It's weird because if they were giving the same writing to the younger set it might work just fine. They managed to write Marlena and Hope as adults, why is it such a problem with Jennifer and Sami? They both started out so young on the show, and it's like they're afraid to let them grow up. That might have been cute and sentimental when they were in their twenties but it's not anymore.
I couldn't agree more. It's irritating. I'm no Gabi fan, but I do like Abby...WTH isn't SHE in a s/l like that? It would make infinitely more sense.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Quote:

Butter my ass and call me a biscuit. I have kissed more than one guy in a night.

Or are we back in the Victorian age when you didn't kiss someone until you were engaged? I mean, it's not like Sami's out selling it for five million or mourning her dead husband for five minutes before moving on.

She kissed two guys on NYE. If Lucas were there she might have kissed him, too. A girl's entitled to have some fun.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Jan 3 2013, 11:35 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

Well, for someone who is seriously trying to work out her man issues, I find it repulsive. Mostly, I find it repulsive because it's Sami. But it's like...she still had Rafe drool all up in her shit when EJ planted that 2nd one on her. Oh, that and I've seen this bullshit for like...years now. And for a chick who's pushing 40...it's a little immature. *shrug* My opinion only, of course.

am103
Member Avatar

Kristen falling in love with Brady would turn this story into a suckfest in about 2.5 seconds. I want Kristen to dispose of men like tissues; when she's done with Brady, let her move on to Eric! Then she can have John's son and Marlena's son wrapped around her devious little finger. :popcorn:

lysie
Member Avatar

am103
Jan 3 2013, 11:51 AM
Kristen falling in love with Brady would turn this story into a suckfest in about 2.5 seconds. I want Kristen to dispose of men like tissues; when she's done with Brady, let her move on to Eric! Then she can have John's son and Marlena's son wrapped around her devious little finger. :popcorn:
I just need her to marry one of them.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 3 2013, 11:55 AM
am103
Jan 3 2013, 11:51 AM
I just need her to marry one of them.
Watching her call Marlena "mom" is a must.

AFaithL

So is someone gonna start a thread for Thursday's show? Lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply