Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's request: Please send in your "congrats on 12,000 episodes" messages!; Be a part of the special Jason47 12,000th tribute!
Topic Started: Jan 2 2013, 10:53 PM (3,869 Views)
Luvmydays
Member Avatar

greeneyedgirl
Jan 3 2013, 01:21 AM
Camila Banus (Gabi):
October 2011-September 2012: 81 episodes = Guarantee: 1.5 per week
October 2012-September 2013 (so far): 40 episodes (1st 3 months) = Estimated Guarantee: 3 per week

**DISGRACE**
I have to disagree. I think the disgrace is Allison Sweeney being on 3.5 times a week. Blech!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I don't care who it is. Anyone on more than three times a week on average, I'm going to get tired of.

Jason47
Member Avatar

ALBERT ALARR EXTENDS STREAK...RICHARD CULLITON MOVES INTO FIRST PLACE FOR WRITERS...UPDATED DIRECTORS & WRITERS LISTS: 2002-2012

"Days of Our Lives" Directors: Episode Rankings: 2002-2012 (total of 2,780 episodes):
1. Albert Alarr...715
2. Herb Stein...580
3. Phil Sogard...459
4. Roger W. Inman...275
5. Grant A. Johnson...227
6. Noel Maxam...143
7. Randy J. Robbins...104
8. Jim Baffico...82
9. Kathryn Foster...42
*. Steven Williford...42
11. Roy B. Steinberg...34
12. Stephen Wyman...18
13. Mike Denney...16
*. Mary Madeiras...16
15. Deveney Kelly...10
16. Alison Sweeney...5
17. Christopher Goutman...3
*. Karen Wilkens...3
19. Jill Ackles...2
*. Andrew Lee...2
21. Peter Brinckerhoff...1
*. Phideaux Xavier...1

"Days of Our Lives" Script Writers: Episode Rankings: 2002-2012 (total of 2,780 episodes):
1. Richard Culliton...243
2. John S. Newman...234
3. Jodie Scholz...231
4. Sofia Landon Geier...228
5. Bruce Neckels...179
6. David Cherrill...140
7. Carolyn Culliton...135
8. Cydney Kelley...130
9. Jeanne Marie Grunwell Ford...123
10. Michael Slade...116
11. Susan Kirshenbaum...94
12. Gillian Spencer...85
13. Jane Atkins...64
14. Dena Higley...61
15. Renee Godelia...56
16. David A. Levinson...55
17. Janet Iacobuzio...50
*. Ryan Quan...50
19. Bettina F. Bradbury...47
20. Mark Christopher Higley...46
21. Mike Cohen...45
22. Judith Donato...39
23. Randy Holland...36
24. Lacey Dyer...33
25. Roger Schroeder...31
26. Peter T. Rich...28
27. Linda Poindexter-Brown...19
28. Meg Kelly...17
29. Zak Berkman...15
*. Melissa Salmons...15
31. Nancy Williams Watt...14
32. Edwin Klein...12
33. Anne M. Schoettle...10
34. Lisa Seidman...9
35. Rick Draughon...8
36. Victor Gialanella...7
37. Clem Egan...6
*. Maura Penders...6
39. Jim Baffico...5
40. Michelle Poteet Lisanti...4
41. Richard J. Allen...3
*. Jacqueline Frazier...3
*. Courtney Kirkpatrick...3
*. Meredith Post...3
*. Anne Toole...3
46. Kola Boof...2
*. M.D. Clark...2
*. Carole A. Mendelsohn...2
49. Alexandra Bleckner...1
*. Erika Moore...1
*. Stefanie Novik...1
*. Kate Simon...1
*. Allison Wait...1
**. Writers' Strike...71

For the complete list of each director and writer's airdates, please visit: http://www.jason47.com/days/directorwriterdatabase.html

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

camila banus....another Tomlin "no talent" pet!

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Do you think that TPTB look at who's being featured and then think about the feedback and ratings and think, maybe we need to change something? Wouldn't that make some business sense? :shrug:

trojangal
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Jan 3 2013, 11:32 PM
Do you think that TPTB look at who's being featured and then think about the feedback and ratings and think, maybe we need to change something? Wouldn't that make some business sense? :shrug:
It makes sense if you look at the whole year but
if the ratings are terrible on Day x
and there are 4 stories on that episode they don't know which
of the 4 stories viewers hate.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

trojangal
Jan 4 2013, 04:58 PM
talbab1994
Jan 3 2013, 11:32 PM
It makes sense if you look at the whole year but
if the ratings are terrible on Day x
and there are 4 stories on that episode they don't know which
of the 4 stories viewers hate.
I would think all of the above! HAHA ;)

Jason47
Member Avatar

QUOTES NEEDED FOR JASON47's 12,000th EPISODE TRIBUTE: Send yours in now!!!!

Please PM me your congratulations message to "Days" on 12,000 episodes, so it can be included in my special tribute being released next week. Please make sure your messages are no longer than 5 sentences. Some suggestions: Talk about when you started watching the show, your favorite characters/storylines and general well wishes to the show/cast/crew. Also, be sure to include your first name and state (which will be listed with your message on the site). As you know, my site focuses on all positive aspects of the show, so please keep this in mind when sending your message. Messages may be condensed for space and edited for clarity. I have the right to refuse any message deemed not appropriate for the tribute. Thanks for participating. I've already heard back from several former cast members who have sent in their messages, so please join them by sending in your appreciation for 12,000 episodes! Messages must be received by Wednesday, January 9 to be included.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Regarding Alison Sweeney's 20th Anniversary as Sami Brady:

Multiple reports keep stating that January 6, 1993 was the debut date for Ali as Sami. My original records indicated it is actually January 22, 1993. I just did a few extra checks to make sure I had the correct date, and it is indeed January 22, 1993 (not January 6, 1993). I just pulled the tape for 1/6/93 and looked through the episode. There's absolutely no sign of Sami (or a mystery person lurking around). I then checked the 1/22/93 episode, as per my records, and that is the episode where she makes her debut, lurking outside the Pub, and later calling (but not speaking to) Marlena's phone. Further errors on YouTube list her second episode (1/25/93) as actually being her first episode (1/22/93). YouTube is incorrect as well. I'll be uploading her actual first scenes as Sami, which no one seems to have uploaded at all on YouTube, in time for my 20th anniversary tribute to Ali. So for many Sami fans, this might be the first time you see her actual first episode as Sami. Also, I found a Soap Opera Weekly (issue 1/12/93) casting notice that states her debut episode is 1/22/93.

One can see that from many sources citing January 6 as her first airdate, the errors continue through this day! Hopefully my research efforts will finally set the record straight...her first episode was January 22, 1993!! And so her 20th anniversary will be January 22, 2013.

Not many people have spent 20 years continually on contract, so I've put a lot of effort into this tribute. Hope all the Ali/Sami fans will enjoy it when it's released later this month (lots of fun surprises in store, memorable clips, etc...), in time to celebrate her real 20th anniversary!!

lysie
Member Avatar

I think that's the first day she filmed rather than aired.

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 6 2013, 11:14 PM
Impressive 2 1/2 week turn around from filming to show being on air. I bet they even managed to put together spoiler pics that related to the show.

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
16 days before airdate (taping 1/6 for air on 1/22)?? That doesn't seem to be possible either. I don't have much from the 1992/1993 era, but I'll try and find some sort of tape date for that time frame.

lysie
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jan 6 2013, 11:25 PM
lysie
16 days before airdate (taping 1/6 for air on 1/22)?? That doesn't seem to be possible either. I don't have much from the 1992/1993 era, but I'll try and find some sort of tape date for that time frame.
Well, it would have been right after a break, so they'd have probably been a little bit behind. Weren't they usually about three weeks out?

I've seen her first scenes (a long time ago) but they were really poor quality. A couple of them are on youtube, but there have been some missing for a while. They used to exist, lol.

Jason47
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 6 2013, 11:17 PM
lysie
Impressive 2 1/2 week turn around from filming to show being on air. I bet they even managed to put together spoiler pics that related to the show.
I found no casting spoilers for Sami in Soap Digest when I checked tonight. They mentioned the changes in Carrie (Middendorf to Clark) and the ailing Joy Garrett being replaced by Marilyn McIntyre, but absolutely no hint of Sami that I could find prior to the 2/16/93 issue, which would have went on sale on 2/2/93 (well after Sami's debut on 1/22). The earliest Sami mention I could find was in the 1/12/93 Soap Weekly, which states that Ali will be making her debut on 1/22.

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 6 2013, 11:26 PM
Jason47
lysie
Well, it would have been right after a break, so they'd have probably been a little bit behind. Weren't they usually about three weeks out?

I've seen her first scenes (a long time ago) but they were really poor quality. A couple of them are on youtube, but there have been some missing for a while. They used to exist, lol.
But the other thing that supports my theory is the Maureen Russell cast list that she compiled in her great history of Days from 1995. In it, she states that she compiled the cast lists from the actual cast charts, and that the years listed would be based on TAPE dates, not airdates, and she has Ali listed as starting as Sami in 1992, which would be correct since her first tape date was probably the last week of taping in December 1992. I would always find those "incorrect" dates as I started each new year of research. For example, any guests who appeared in early January episodes, say of 1973, 1974, 1975...in her book, it states that their appearances were a year earlier (1972, 1973, 1974). But that's because she only worked off the tape dates, not the actual air dates.

Someone needs to check with Ali and ask when she TAPED her first episode!! One would think she would remember if it was before or after Christmas 1992.

lysie
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jan 6 2013, 11:30 PM
lysie
Jason47
lysie

But the other thing that supports my theory is the Maureen Russell cast list that she compiled in her great history of Days from 1995. In it, she states that she compiled the cast lists from the actual cast charts, and that the years listed would be based on TAPE dates, not airdates, and she has Ali listed as starting as Sami in 1992, which would be correct since her first tape date was probably the last week of taping in December 1992. I would always find those "incorrect" dates as I started each new year of research. For example, any guests who appeared in early January episodes, say of 1973, 1974, 1975...in her book, it states that their appearances were a year earlier (1972, 1973, 1974). But that's because she only worked off the tape dates, not the actual air dates.

Someone needs to check with Ali and ask when she TAPED her first episode!! One would think she would remember if it was before or after Christmas 1992.
She probably mentions it in her book. Weird that they've been celebrating a wrong date for so long, lol.

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
I'll be taping Ali's first scenes (four of them from 1/22/93) tonight and getting ready to upload them to YouTube soon. Hopefully they will be of better quality than those you had described!! These are all from my original tapes, so they've only probably been viewed 2 or 3 times since the original airing 20 years ago.

lysie
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jan 6 2013, 11:32 PM
lysie
I'll be taping Ali's first scenes (four of them from 1/22/93) tonight and getting ready to upload them to YouTube soon. Hopefully they will be of better quality than those you had described!! These are all from my original tapes, so they've only probably been viewed 2 or 3 times since the original airing 20 years ago.
Yay! This has to be the chunk missing from what I have.

And if people are confused about my excitement for this, remember what storyline her entrance was a part of. ;)

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 6 2013, 11:32 PM
She probably mentions it in her book. Weird that they've been celebrating a wrong date for so long, lol.
I agree!!!!

I first noticed the "original" 1/6/93 error when I was preparing the Ali 20th tribute. It's listed in her 8/18/98 Soap Opera Digest feature interview. It states: "First day on Days: January 6, 1993." I skimmed over her earliest interviews, and she auditioned and had the job booked by November 1992. But anytime her "first tape day" is mentioned, they never really are concrete with whether it was in December 1992 or January 1993. I may have missed it in skimming, but they'll be up soon enough for her tribute.

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 6 2013, 11:35 PM
Yay! This has to be the chunk missing from what I have.

And if people are confused about my excitement for this, remember what storyline her entrance was a part of. ;)
Her first two scenes she's outside the pub lurking while Drake and Ariana Chase have a chat inside the pub. Once they leave in the second scene, she goes in and makes a call and gets Marlena's answering machine and hangs up without speaking. You do see her face in this scene. The last two scenes (which I didn't check yet) are later in the episode, she's alone at Roman & Marlena's House.
Edited by Jason47, Jan 6 2013, 11:41 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply