Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tvline: Chloe's back with a bombshell! (Video)
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 08:16 AM (4,730 Views)
Ellie

http://tvline.com/2013/01/03/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-nadia-bjorlin-chloe-returns-daniel/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

chloe is not miracle it nightmare from hell

james0479
Member Avatar

This was depressing to wake up too! I actually like Chloe but am just sick knowing Dr Scruf Junk is getting more airtime and taking my Phloe baby away!! Not to mention Parker gets to be Melanie's half brother. Gag

Thanks for posting tho.

daysfan20yrs
Member Avatar

This ticks me off to no end. The first time I can say that I'm not happy or impressed with Chloe returning. I love Nadia Bjorlin and the character of Chloe but they continue to run her character in the ground, this time to prop Daniel and Jennifer. It is sickening. Now on top of that the have broken up one of my fav couples (Philip and Chloe) and once again changed a paternity making Daniel the father of Parker after all. This is insane and I'm tired of these recycled story-lines and lazy writing. Why couldn't they repair her with Brady? I will always be a Phloe fan but I will admit Broe was a good couple too and I think Nadia & Eric Martsolf could be hot together. It's not fair, just another example that the writers and NBC do not care about the fans, the actors, characters or the show. If they keep writing sloppy like this Days will not see past 2013. Seems like that is what NBC wants and at this point I'm beginning to think cancellation might be the best thing for my beloved show.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dear Gary Tomlin,

:flipoff:

Love,
Me
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jan 3 2013, 08:57 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

It seem from they wearing it from 12,000 Episodes
http://www.tvguide.com/PhotoGallery/Days-Lives-Celebrates-1054032/1054035

MissLola
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 3 2013, 08:52 AM
Dear Gary Tomlin,

Love,
Me
Cosigning this post and adding :moon: . This show always manages to disappoint.

Harmony233

this show really doesn't want me as a viewer does it that is some garbage

smbashi

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 3 2013, 08:52 AM
Dear Gary Tomlin,

Love,
Me
:flipoff: me too!

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Keeping Parker a Kiriakas has so much more story potential. *sigh* Daniel will not last as a character no matter how much rebooting they do.

leah09
Member Avatar

This paternity re-reveal is waaaaay too fast for my liking but since it's happening as soon as Chloe sets foot in town, maybe Jen should step aside so Parker could have both his mom & dad together and go mourn her dead husband for a change. She's going to have all this extra "dating" time so she should put it to good use!

leah09
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 3 2013, 09:19 AM
Keeping Parker a Kiriakas has so much more story potential. *sigh* Daniel will not last as a character no matter how much rebooting they do.
They could always change it back if/when JKJ comes back.
It's just a shame this current story doesn't include him because it damn well should.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I'm not going to watch it because I'm already beyond pissed that my Phloe baby is being retconned into a Jonas. For FREAKING DANNIFER ANGST.

What a waste of Nadia and Chloe, and what a waste of the last few years of storytelling. What a waste to have a major revelation when Philip isn't even onscreen to react to it. What a crappy thing to do to Philip (AGAIN, for the third time. I mean, at this point Philip's lost more children than even Nicole has). If Tomlin wanted us to know that he pees his pants for Danloe and how much he hates Philip (and given the way Jay cleared out his dressing room the last time Tomlin was in charge, I think we know the feeling is mutual), well, mission totally accomplished. I may not have enjoyed Higley, but at least she liked Philip and Phloe and wasn't actively out to destroy them the way Tomsell is.

Why is this show being demolished brick by brick for Daniel Jonas?

Harmony233

leah09
Jan 3 2013, 09:29 AM
Honeybees
Jan 3 2013, 09:19 AM
They could always change it back if/when JKJ comes back.
It's just a shame this current story doesn't include him because it damn well should.
this is silly to me its like wills paternity coming out without austin around phillip raised this little boy for two years and nothing

camera shy

I'm glad they got it over with fast. I hate when someone tries to tell someone something they're always interrupted.

leah09
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jan 3 2013, 09:31 AM
I'm not going to watch it because I'm already beyond pissed that my Phloe baby is being retconned into a Jonas. For FREAKING DANNIFER ANGST.

What a waste of Nadia and Chloe, and what a waste of the last few years of storytelling. What a waste to have a major revelation when Philip isn't even onscreen to react to it. What a crappy thing to do to Philip (AGAIN, for the third time. I mean, at this point Philip's lost more children than even Nicole has). If Tomlin wanted us to know that he pees his pants for Danloe and how much he hates Philip (and given the way Jay cleared out his dressing room the last time Tomlin was in charge, I think we know the feeling is mutual), well, mission totally accomplished. I may not have enjoyed Higley, but at least she liked Philip and Phloe and wasn't actively out to destroy them the way Tomsell is.

I don't think Parker was ever meant to stay Philip's (of course, it can always be changed AGAIN if it suits the plot :drunk: ) because it was just so stupid that Daniel never bothered to double-check the paternity test after an old woman said she changed it. If nothing else, you would think that Daniel, a doctor, would run to Chicago to get a test done on Parker after it was revealed that Caroline has Alzheimer's...who the hell knows what she did or if she actually changed the results, maybe she forgot? :shrug:

Sariah
Member Avatar

leah09
Jan 3 2013, 09:51 AM
Sariah
Jan 3 2013, 09:31 AM

I don't think Parker was ever meant to stay Philip's (of course, it can always be changed AGAIN if it suits the plot :drunk: ) because it was just so stupid that Daniel never bothered to double-check the paternity test after an old woman said she changed it. If nothing else, you would think that Daniel, a doctor, would run to Chicago to get a test done on Parker after it was revealed that Caroline has Alzheimer's...who the hell knows what she did or if she actually changed the results, maybe she forgot? :shrug:

It's idiotic that NO ONE double-checked the paternity.

I refuse to believe that Kate and Victor, too people who completely and openly despise Chloe - Kate to the point of trying to kill her - wouldn't question the paternity.

I refuse to believe that Philip, who had already lived through being lied to about a paternity and raising a child not his own, wouldn't have had a second test done.

I refuse to believe that no matter how angry he was at the time, having lived an entire life away from his only child because he didn't know she existed, that Daniel wouldn't have had a second test.

I refuse to believe that Chloe, so desperate to hang on to Daniel that she tried to kill somebody else and kill herself, wouldn't have had another test to prove it.

It is beyond ridiculous.

And I do believe that Higley intended for Parker to remain Phloe's Hence the hiring of dimpled babies to match JKJ.

But regardless, even if every single citizen in Salem had conducted their own individual tests of Parker, confirming him Philip's, Tomsell would still be making him St. Daniel's child.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

I kinda like this. I dont LOVE it and it isnt that much of a shocker.... but I really really hate the Daniel/Jennifer storyline and at least this adds SOMETHING to it. I think they're sooo boring and Im just happy to add some sort of excitement.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Glad its out in the open quickly...........nothing else positive about it except Chloe looks good as always ;)

OliveAnn

Sariah
Jan 3 2013, 09:58 AM
And I do believe that Higley intended for Parker to remain Phloe's Hence the hiring of dimpled babies to match JKJ.

While I hate this storyline as much as you do, this isn't the most valid argument. Newborns are rarely ever hired to resemble their on-screen parents. Babies are usually called in for audition and the ones who appear to be the most disciplined (don't cry all the time, get along with actors, etc.) get the part. Hair color, eye color and all other features don't matter until the child is aged to a toddler. If you recall, the twins who first played Ciara looked nothing like KA or PR. They were blonde, but played a child of two dark-haired people. Then, when Ciara was aged, they chose a dark-haired child for a reason. So, the fact that babies had dimples just like JKJ was probably just a coincidence.

(FYI, I'm not a Daniel/Chloe fan, I speak from soap-viewing experience.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply