Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tvline: Chloe's back with a bombshell! (Video)
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 08:16 AM (4,481 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I don't like that they're doing this but I agree that Parker was probably never supposed to stay Philip's. The thing I am probably most annoyed about here is that Philip isn't back to deal with the fallout of losing his son on-screen. At best we'll just hear about how he's coping if Kate or someone mentions it in passing. Soaps are full of artificial families but Daniel's is one of the most artificial. Much as I hate to say it, Parker feels like the most natural of his newly-acquired relatives. Maybe that's because we saw his relationship with Chloe on-screen and weren't just given some BS back story to explain the connection. I'm thrilled to have Nadia back so I am going to try my hardest to keep an open mind, but I really can't stomach the thought of an endgame that has Jennifer and Daniel raising Parker. Maybe I'll be surprised and Chloe will end up wrecking Dannifer. That'd be fun.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life

The only character whose reaction I care about who is losing the most in this story is not even on the show. Oh and what a coincidence that he happens to be Kate's kid too, lol.

Sariah
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jan 3 2013, 10:15 AM
Sariah
Jan 3 2013, 09:58 AM
And I do believe that Higley intended for Parker to remain Phloe's Hence the hiring of dimpled babies to match JKJ.

While I hate this storyline as much as you do, this isn't the most valid argument. Newborns are rarely ever hired to resemble their on-screen parents. Babies are usually called in for audition and the ones who appear to be the most disciplined (don't cry all the time, get along with actors, etc.) get the part. Hair color, eye color and all other features don't matter until the child is aged to a toddler. If you recall, the twins who first played Ciara looked nothing like KA or PR. They were blonde, but played a child of two dark-haired people. Then, when Ciara was aged, they chose a dark-haired child for a reason. So, the fact that babies had dimples just like JKJ was probably just a coincidence.

(FYI, I'm not a Daniel/Chloe fan, I speak from soap-viewing experience.)
While I would typically agree with you, I think this instance was different. They could have selected any number of babies that would have been just fine on screen, but they deliberately chose children who had the exact same dimples as JKJ. Both Philip and Chloe commented onscreen about the dimples before anyone knew the true paternity. I think in that particular case, the choice was on purpose.

Harmony233

lumifan4life
Jan 3 2013, 10:37 AM
The only character whose reaction I care about who is losing the most in this story is not even on the show. Oh and what a coincidence that he happens to be Kate's kid too, lol.
i've been wondering if tomlin has something aganist kates kids or something first they send austin off well billie never got anything to do and well lucas shows up every two weeks for like two minutes and poor phillips lost another child and its offscreen

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
rex before he never exist left town heartbroken learing his girlfriend had abrotion and hide from him and cassie before went upstairs and never came back and stop to exist she find out any man she wanted he is blood relative of her
billie ,lucas and phillp no need to said on them
and austin which was in past was kate luckiest kid left town when wife in love with some else and stay with him just because she carring his child

lumifan4life

Harmony233
Jan 3 2013, 10:44 AM
lumifan4life
i've been wondering if tomlin has something aganist kates kids or something first they send austin off well billie never got anything to do and well lucas shows up every two weeks for like two minutes and poor phillips lost another child and its offscreen
Yeah it has to be something about Kate, lol. Philip is a Kiriakis and Lucas is a Horton. Yet neither character is treated with even a shred of respect. Tomlin hates Kate's kids.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

leah09
Jan 3 2013, 09:51 AM
Sariah
Jan 3 2013, 09:31 AM
I'm not going to watch it because I'm already beyond pissed that my Phloe baby is being retconned into a Jonas. For FREAKING DANNIFER ANGST.

What a waste of Nadia and Chloe, and what a waste of the last few years of storytelling. What a waste to have a major revelation when Philip isn't even onscreen to react to it. What a crappy thing to do to Philip (AGAIN, for the third time. I mean, at this point Philip's lost more children than even Nicole has). If Tomlin wanted us to know that he pees his pants for Danloe and how much he hates Philip (and given the way Jay cleared out his dressing room the last time Tomlin was in charge, I think we know the feeling is mutual), well, mission totally accomplished. I may not have enjoyed Higley, but at least she liked Philip and Phloe and wasn't actively out to destroy them the way Tomsell is.

Why is this show being demolished brick by brick for Daniel Jonas?

I don't think Parker was ever meant to stay Philip's (of course, it can always be changed AGAIN if it suits the plot :drunk: ) because it was just so stupid that Daniel never bothered to double-check the paternity test after an old woman said she changed it. If nothing else, you would think that Daniel, a doctor, would run to Chicago to get a test done on Parker after it was revealed that Caroline has Alzheimer's...who the hell knows what she did or if she actually changed the results, maybe she forgot? :shrug:

I never did, either & if it's stupid for Dan it's equally as stupid for Chloe and Phil.

I'm just shocked it's taken them this long to revisit.

Phil didn't lose Pocket, he gave him up.

At least Chloe isn't coming back to take up the world's oldest profession again so there's a plus.

Quote:

different. They could have selected any number of babies that would have been just fine on screen, but they deliberately chose children who had the exact same dimples as JKJ.
Or it could have been a happy accident. Or a red herring for when the writers wanted to reveal that Dan was really the babydaddy.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Jan 3 2013, 11:02 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm not thrilled about the paternity change for many reasons but the main reason is the lack of Philip. The person losing a child is the one with the real story.

King
Member Avatar

I love Chloe - and I hate Daniel - And I'm starting to hate Jennifer so I hope Chloe tortures the hell out of them.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Jan 3 2013, 11:22 AM
I'm not thrilled about the paternity change for many reasons but the main reason is the lack of Philip. The person losing a child is the one with the real story.
Exactly....why even do this without him around...STUPID

Ana75
Member Avatar

Seriously made me ill to watch that. Totally wasting Nadia for this God awful storyline!
Edited by Ana75, Jan 3 2013, 12:10 PM.

OliveAnn

lysie
Jan 3 2013, 11:22 AM
And if Shawn's tweet to Shelley Hennig yesterday is a sign of anything, Stephanie will be mentioned, too, without being seen. Seriously, ws it so hard to have SH and JKJ back for just a week? Both of them are free agents, I'm sure they wouldn't have minded coming back even for a couple of days just to do this storyline.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

I think they both left because they wanted off the show. And after the shitty send off they gave SH, she probably would not want to be bothered,
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Nadia Bjorlin looks beautiful as always.

That's about all I got! :x

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Nadia looked good in the clip. Shame that the storyline will likely destroy the character even more. Hopefully she can at least make Dannifer's life a living hell.

six
Member Avatar

Can someone summarize what happens in the video?

jaygal
Member Avatar

I may have liked this if Philip were involved and Chloe was around for longer. Let's hope this is over and done with quickly. Dan and Jen still annoy me no end.

am103
Member Avatar

six
Jan 3 2013, 12:04 PM
Daniel opens the door to Chloe. He mentions that she should have called instead of just showing up. She comes in and says that the last thing he said to her was that "this isn't goodbye". She says he was right. Later on in the video Daniel is trying to get her to leave and she says she can't leave until he hears the truth about his son. Parker. Daniel is confused and claims that Parker isn't his son. Chloe tells him he is wrong, it is a miracle and everything has worked out the way it should. Parker is indeed his son.

Let the record show that I managed not to throw up as I typed this. Lol.

annie21

Re: Philip not being there... it sounds like TomSell will have Kate be a proxy for Philip. She will display all the outrage, loss, disbelief, etc. that represent the POV of the third party in this story. For a few scenes at least.

six
Member Avatar

am103
Jan 3 2013, 12:16 PM
six
Jan 3 2013, 12:04 PM
Daniel opens the door to Chloe. He mentions that she should have called instead of just showing up. She comes in and says that the last thing he said to her was that "this isn't goodbye". She says he was right. Later on in the video Daniel is trying to get her to leave and she says she can't leave until he hears the truth about his son. Parker. Daniel is confused and claims that Parker isn't his son. Chloe tells him he is wrong, it is a miracle and everything has worked out the way it should. Parker is indeed his son.

Let the record show that I managed not to throw up as I typed this. Lol.
Thanks. I wonder if they even tried to get JKJ back for this. I was looking forward to Chloe's return, but it sounds like she's still in desperation mode.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply