Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tvline: Chloe's back with a bombshell! (Video)
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 08:16 AM (4,656 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jan 3 2013, 11:43 AM
I think they both left because they wanted off the show. And after the shitty send off they gave SH, she probably would not want to be bothered,
I don't know if this is true or rumor but what the show did to Stephanie, to my mind, was one of the bigger injustices of recent times. A beautiful, vivacious legacy character was turned into a pathetic, obsessive, undesirable old maid for the sake of Melanie. The legacy character of Nathan was also trashed pretty hardcore; Brady's current reign of wretchedness seems almost reasonable by comparison. It is why, despite MB's overall likableness, I have always held a grudge against the character of Melanie.

But back to Daniel/Chloe/Philip/Parker - I don't like Kate acting as a proxy for Philip's emotions. Since when do Kate's children appreciate her fighting their battles? Kate will have her own feelings and Philip should have been brought back temporarily, like Chloe, to showcase his.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 3 2013, 08:52 AM
Dear Gary Tomlin,

:flipoff:

Love,
Me
DITTO!!

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

am103
Jan 3 2013, 11:48 AM
Nadia Bjorlin looks beautiful as always.

And Daniel looks as greasy and gross as ever. I just don't get the fascination with this guy. :x
Edited by JDeveraux_91, Jan 3 2013, 05:14 PM.

veteranfan

So boring!!! Just waiting for these two head writers and their recent cast hires to be fired!!!! Why is it so hard for Days to improve the stories. Take notes from GH. I am not nor have i ever been a GH fan. Never even watched an episode but i caught myself drawn in to watch. I was flipping channels because i was bored to death of what Days was showing.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm really not that upset about this. I loved the idea of Parker being Philip's baby UNTIL Johnson decided to leave the show four months later. The fallout from the big reveal was so wasted. I thought it would be a great way to bring Philip and Chloe back together. That never happened. As for Daniel and Chloe, I hated the way they were brought together, but Christian and Bjorlin do have the chemistry that made the pairing work and catch on. So Parker being Daniel's son doesn't bother me. The explanation is probably going to be lame, but I'll let it pass this time.

Bjorlin's short-term status makes much more sense now. Chloe comes on and leaves the show somehow (probably dying), leaving Parker with his dad to be raised with Jennifer. Tomlin/Whitesell COULD give Daniel and Jennifer a baby of their own, but I think that's just laughable. Bringing Chloe back with Parker and making him Daniel's son allows for Tomlin/Whitesell to keep Daniel and Jennifer together and be able to raise a child together, even if it's not theirs biologically.

Get ready to see Parker's name on that Horton Christmas tree in December!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

smbashi
Jan 3 2013, 09:16 AM
LanaluvsBroe
Jan 3 2013, 08:52 AM
Dear Gary Tomlin,

:flipoff:

Love,
Me
:flipoff: me too!
Yea well, all I can say is you've got to be fucking kidding me...everyone must be related to the "new" Tom Horton. That's what I am taking away from this. Gross.

james0479
Member Avatar

Parker Jonas.

Blah.

am103
Member Avatar

james0479
Jan 3 2013, 02:28 PM
Parker Jonas.

Blah.
Don't forget the middle name ;)

Parker DANIEL Jonas! We all should've known that he would never last as Philip's son.

OliveAnn

am103
Jan 3 2013, 03:24 PM
james0479
Jan 3 2013, 02:28 PM
Parker Jonas.

Blah.
Don't forget the middle name ;)

Parker DANIEL Jonas! We all should've known that he would never last as Philip's son.
I just realized that I'll no longer be able to joke about Parker being named after the fake mother of his fake father, since one part of that joke is no longer true.

lily20

well this is good for danloe fans. that they get their danloe baby back.

sucks that they won't end up together though since NB is leaving and the writers insist on pushing the suckfest of dannifer.

It's weird how chloe makes me stop hating daniel when she's in scenes with him.
Edited by lily20, Jan 3 2013, 06:22 PM.

lily20

leah09
Jan 3 2013, 09:51 AM
Sariah
Jan 3 2013, 09:31 AM
I'm not going to watch it because I'm already beyond pissed that my Phloe baby is being retconned into a Jonas. For FREAKING DANNIFER ANGST.

What a waste of Nadia and Chloe, and what a waste of the last few years of storytelling. What a waste to have a major revelation when Philip isn't even onscreen to react to it. What a crappy thing to do to Philip (AGAIN, for the third time. I mean, at this point Philip's lost more children than even Nicole has). If Tomlin wanted us to know that he pees his pants for Danloe and how much he hates Philip (and given the way Jay cleared out his dressing room the last time Tomlin was in charge, I think we know the feeling is mutual), well, mission totally accomplished. I may not have enjoyed Higley, but at least she liked Philip and Phloe and wasn't actively out to destroy them the way Tomsell is.

Why is this show being demolished brick by brick for Daniel Jonas?

I don't think Parker was ever meant to stay Philip's (of course, it can always be changed AGAIN if it suits the plot :drunk: ) because it was just so stupid that Daniel never bothered to double-check the paternity test after an old woman said she changed it. If nothing else, you would think that Daniel, a doctor, would run to Chicago to get a test done on Parker after it was revealed that Caroline has Alzheimer's...who the hell knows what she did or if she actually changed the results, maybe she forgot? :shrug:

I agree. parker was never going to stay a phloe baby. don't know why phloe fans fell for that.
he was always going to end up a danloe baby ( under tomsell) otherwise this wouldn't have happened if mardar were still writing because they really weren't that familiar with the danloe/phloe/caroline paternity switch.

lily20

DrewHamilton
Jan 3 2013, 01:45 PM
I'm really not that upset about this. I loved the idea of Parker being Philip's baby UNTIL Johnson decided to leave the show four months later. The fallout from the big reveal was so wasted. I thought it would be a great way to bring Philip and Chloe back together. That never happened. As for Daniel and Chloe, I hated the way they were brought together, but Christian and Bjorlin do have the chemistry that made the pairing work and catch on. So Parker being Daniel's son doesn't bother me. The explanation is probably going to be lame, but I'll let it pass this time.

Bjorlin's short-term status makes much more sense now. Chloe comes on and leaves the show somehow (probably dying), leaving Parker with his dad to be raised with Jennifer. Tomlin/Whitesell COULD give Daniel and Jennifer a baby of their own, but I think that's just laughable. Bringing Chloe back with Parker and making him Daniel's son allows for Tomlin/Whitesell to keep Daniel and Jennifer together and be able to raise a child together, even if it's not theirs biologically.

Get ready to see Parker's name on that Horton Christmas tree in December!
i'm gonna be incredibly pissed off if jennifer plays mommy to chloe's kid. I don't want her anywhere near parker.
I hope chloe leaves with him.

nanasmiles

The bigger thing is Parker being Daniel's is paving the way for him to leave Salem with him and Chloe.

Romancer66

nanasmiles
Jan 3 2013, 06:32 PM
The bigger thing is Parker being Daniel's is paving the way for him to leave Salem with him and Chloe.
Let's hope so. I've had my fill of Daniel Jonas being the sun around which Salem revolves. And I have no interest in watching Dannifer (aka "The Sleaze and the Suck-Up") play house with a baby, especially since Jen-Jen can hardly be bothered with taking care of her own children. You know, the ones she had with what's-his-name, that guy she spent 20 years with and called the love of her life before the orange fungus rotted her brain.
Edited by Romancer66, Jan 3 2013, 06:54 PM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

nanasmiles
Jan 3 2013, 06:32 PM
I just can't imagine that happening with Tomsell in charge. I think the only outcome to this scenario is Chloe either 1) gets terminally ill, leaving St. Daniel and Princess Jennifer to make the ultimate sacrifice of raising the baby themselves or 2) Chloe gets an opera gig in Europe, leaving Parker with Daniel so that Daniel will have a chance to get to know Parker better.

I don't see how Tomsell's Days can exist without Daniel Jonas. He's sort of the center of their universe, and everything else seems to revolve around his magnificence.

(Don't get me wrong - I'd be first in line to party if that sleazeball ever actually got ousted. I just think that somebody at Sony/Days/NBC loves him too much to ever let Daniel go. That, or SC has pictures that involve a goat and some executive.)

annie21

I'm starting to think that Nancy will get the baby, especially if Chloe dies or gets a singing job. Maybe it's because I really can't see Daniel with a kid in tow. It would cramp his style. He was sort of okay with a grown-up daughter he could fawn over (almost literally), but a two-year-old? He's too self-centered for that. And, frankly, these days, so is Jennifer. She hasn't taken an interest in her own children and barely noticed Nicole was carrying a baby. She's just not giving off a motherly vibe at all any more.

Besides, dead-ending Dannifer into raising a baby just doesn't seem like the kind of thing Tomlin would do to his pet Daniel, even if he is trying to mold him into the next Tom Horton.

And if they do end up with the baby, then what? I guess they could just incorporate it into their little snow globe world of perfection and have scene after scene of sickeningly sweet nose-rubbing, hair tousling scenes with a toddler, but that would require them to actually focus on something or someone besides each other. Not seeing it.

Sparrow

That was lame, and who knew it was so sunny in Chicago in January? Chloe looks like fricking Snookie, and even Daniel looks pale beside her. I always liked the fact that Chloe was able to gather up what little self-respect she had left with Higley was done with her and left with a smidgeon of dignity. But oh look, now she's back to beg and grovel. Oh that Daniel. What is it about him that makes everyone so delusional? I wonder if they are going to remember that Chloe and Nicole were BFF's.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

This is one storyline that I'm really not interested in watching. Sometimes, I think it's a really sad day when you would rather watch ANYTHING but this stuff.

am103
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 3 2013, 08:55 PM
I'm starting to think that Nancy will get the baby, especially if Chloe dies or gets a singing job. Maybe it's because I really can't see Daniel with a kid in tow. It would cramp his style. He was sort of okay with a grown-up daughter he could fawn over (almost literally), but a two-year-old? He's too self-centered for that. And, frankly, these days, so is Jennifer. She hasn't taken an interest in her own children and barely noticed Nicole was carrying a baby. She's just not giving off a motherly vibe at all any more.

Besides, dead-ending Dannifer into raising a baby just doesn't seem like the kind of thing Tomlin would do to his pet Daniel, even if he is trying to mold him into the next Tom Horton.

And if they do end up with the baby, then what? I guess they could just incorporate it into their little snow globe world of perfection and have scene after scene of sickeningly sweet nose-rubbing, hair tousling scenes with a toddler, but that would require them to actually focus on something or someone besides each other. Not seeing it.

Awe, if anything were to happen to Chloe, I would LOVE for Nancy to end up with her little grandbaby! I would take that over seeing Dannifer raise a baby ANY day!

jwsel
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 3 2013, 11:22 AM
I'm not thrilled about the paternity change for many reasons but the main reason is the lack of Philip. The person losing a child is the one with the real story.
That's part of it, not to mention that we have the big reveal of the truth happen offscreen. It's like the writers deliberately suck out the drama from their own stories.

Why couldn't Philip come visit Salem with Parker and there be an accident that reveals Philip isn't the baby's father? Chloe could rush into town just in time for the truth to come out. People would freak out. Accusations would fly. There would be a mystery about how Caroline switched the tests, but didn't switch them. Chloe and Daniel would be stunned. Victor would have to deal with his godson's gain versus his son's loss -- with the added complication that his godson is his wife's son. Philip could have a short arc before he leaves, despondent over what happened.

Instead, it's "Hi Daniel. You're Parker's daddy. It's a miracle."

And why? Daniel treated Chloe like sh*t before she left. Why would she be happy at the news?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply