Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 01:00 PM (9,299 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

Kristen definitely cared about Peter. I'd trade Daniel or Rafe for Peter Blake DiMera in a frigging second. And I'd really, really like to see Jennifer try and rekindle that romance.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jaygal
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jan 3 2013, 02:42 PM
jaygal
Jan 3 2013, 02:39 PM
I know there are far more pressing Days topics, but I'm struggling to understand the point of Nu Cameron. They could have hired any old extra to do his part. Heck just have Kayla treat both of them at least MBE would have more to do.

Maybe they're trying to slowly build up the new Cameron for an upcoming storyline?
Slowly is the word.

Mason
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jan 3 2013, 05:48 PM
Kristen definitely cared about Peter. I'd trade Daniel or Rafe for Peter Blake DiMera in a frigging second. And I'd really, really like to see Jennifer try and rekindle that romance.
I wouldn't want Jennifer to have romantic feelings for him, but I'd certainly settle for him killing Daniel and taking Jennifer away until the end of time.

bomber
Member Avatar

Honeybees
I was wondering if the "man with a chequered past" who is part of Hope's upcoming story might be Peter.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Is it just me or did Brady's words affect Eric more than his actions? Eric almost looked ashamed when Brady yelled at him about not being able to say sex. I think the little rant brought back memories for Eric which in turn opened up old wounds. He looked near tears when he was with Nicole. I sensed a bit of an internal battle with Eric at the end. He wanted to confide in her.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

bomber
Jan 3 2013, 05:56 PM
Honeybees
I was wondering if the "man with a chequered past" who is part of Hope's upcoming story might be Peter.
With Missy in the cast they would have to recast the role. And I do not want recast Peter. I want Jason Brooks dammit.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I like how Marlena forewarned Ej that Kristen would get him and hurt him just like she did John and Brady. Foreshadowing???

deletemyaccountplease

magicsteacher
Jan 3 2013, 06:21 PM
I like how Marlena forewarned Ej that Kristen would get him and hurt him just like she did John and Brady. Foreshadowing???
Interesting
Any guesses how

camera shy

Panda Panda
Jan 3 2013, 05:41 PM
I think Kristen cares about her family, just not when they get in her way.

The DiMera's remind me of the Lannister family from Game of Thrones/ASoIF
I don't think she does. She sent that text off to Stefano in a really nasty way and a few weeks ago when EJ gave her that little chain Lexie had given him when he went to hug her, she looked disgusted that he was touching her. And of now we have Marlena's warning. And do on another topic, do you think Sami would have had so much to say to Kristen if she still was her boss?

camera shy

bomber
Jan 3 2013, 05:56 PM
Honeybees
I'm hoping it's Dr. Baker. :D

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

She seemed more 'gloaty' than nasty when she sent that text to Stefano today, imo. Honestly, with the whole EJ/Gift thing I just thought she hated the necklace.

camera shy

pennieloafer
Jan 3 2013, 06:28 PM
magicsteacher
Jan 3 2013, 06:21 PM
Interesting
Any guesses how
Maybe she'll show up one day with a mysterious baby boy for her and Brady to adopt. ^o)

camera shy

Panda Panda
Jan 3 2013, 06:33 PM
She seemed more 'gloaty' than nasty when she sent that text to Stefano today, imo. Honestly, with the whole EJ/Gift thing I just thought she hated the necklace.
So why do you think they had Marlena warning EJ about her? They had Abe warn him too and they do that for a reason. She's going to screw him over one day and I can't wait. :D

Pookie
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jan 3 2013, 03:41 PM
Good show. I enjoy it that they are having Sami and Eric interact with Brady... and they treat and refer to him as their brother... it warms my heart lol.

On the Brady note... I REALLY hope we get a scene with Victor ripping into Brady about this Kristen crap! :pray:

I don't know what it is about Eric... but something is making me feel like he isn't really a priest. I keep getting this notion in my head that he is undercover with the ISA and trying to bring down the Dimera's. There are just moments... like the beginning of the scene where he is texting on his phone (so random), and the way he was looking and the tone of his voice when he asked Brady, "What are you doing?" IDK I'm probably just seeing what I want to see lol.
That's a cool idea. I think there is FAR more to this Congo story than Eric let on. I think it's just the beginning and we're going to meet shy Neema eventually. He made a point of saying that she's still alive. I have a theory on that one. But a question first. I was googling the Congo Civil war. There have been many. But the most recent confiict seems to have been from 1997 - 2003. Eric originally left town summer 2000, right? So I could see him going to the Congo as a photo journalist some time between 2000 - 2003. He would still be in his early 20s. 23 - 25?

I imagine after all the traumatizing Congo stuff, he went back to Colorado and eventually started his path to becoming a priest. I googled that and it can take anywhere from 4 - 8 years. 4 if he already had a bachelor's degree. That sounds about right, huh?

It's clear that Eric is still haunted by the events in the Congo. And that part of the reason he became a priest was to atone for his "sins". We haven't heard the last of it by a long shot.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

camera shy

So why do you think they had Marlena warning EJ about her? They had Abe warn him too and they do that for a reason. She's going to screw him over one day and I can't wait.

For one thing, they despise Kristen and don't want her to have any "allies" in Salem. lol

EJ probably will turn on Kristen but I doubt she has any ill feelings towards her baby (and baby-baby) brothers EJ and Chad.
Edited by Panda Panda, Jan 3 2013, 06:52 PM.

Pookie
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 3 2013, 06:03 PM
Is it just me or did Brady's words affect Eric more than his actions? Eric almost looked ashamed when Brady yelled at him about not being able to say sex. I think the little rant brought back memories for Eric which in turn opened up old wounds. He looked near tears when he was with Nicole. I sensed a bit of an internal battle with Eric at the end. He wanted to confide in her.
I agree. I think whatever was occupying his attention on his phone (even during all the family drama) is a part of it.

bomber
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jan 3 2013, 06:49 PM
Tammy
Good show. I enjoy it that they are having Sami and Eric interact with Brady... and they treat and refer to him as their brother... it warms my heart lol.

On the Brady note... I REALLY hope we get a scene with Victor ripping into Brady about this Kristen crap! :pray:

I don't know what it is about Eric... but something is making me feel like he isn't really a priest. I keep getting this notion in my head that he is undercover with the ISA and trying to bring down the Dimera's. There are just moments... like the beginning of the scene where he is texting on his phone (so random), and the way he was looking and the tone of his voice when he asked Brady, "What are you doing?" IDK I'm probably just seeing what I want to see lol.
That's a cool idea. I think there is FAR more to this Congo story than Eric let on. I think it's just the beginning and we're going to meet shy Neema eventually. He made a point of saying that she's still alive. I have a theory on that one. But a question first. I was googling the Congo Civil war. There have been many. But the most recent confiict seems to have been from 1997 - 2003. Eric originally left town summer 2000, right? So I could see him going to the Congo as a photo journalist some time between 2000 - 2003. He would still be in his early 20s. 23 - 25?

I imagine after all the traumatizing Congo stuff, he went back to Colorado and eventually started his path to becoming a priest. I googled that and it can take anywhere from 4 - 8 years. 4 if he already had a bachelor's degree. That sounds about right, huh?

It's clear that Eric is still haunted by the events in the Congo. And that part of the reason he became a priest was to atone for his "sins". We haven't heard the last of it by a long shot.
If he isn't a priest I hope they explain how he knows how to hold a Mass, especially a Christmas one, and how to hear confessions etc. It takes about six years to train and is nowhere near as easy as it looks. I don't mind if it is a plot device but at least explain how he manages to fool everyone.

Tammy
Member Avatar

On a vain note, I liked Marlenas hair today. lol

Pookie
Member Avatar

bomber
Jan 3 2013, 06:53 PM
Pookie
Jan 3 2013, 06:49 PM
Tammy

If he isn't a priest I hope they explain how he knows how to hold a Mass, especially a Christmas one, and how to hear confessions etc. It takes about six years to train and is nowhere near as easy as it looks. I don't mind if it is a plot device but at least explain how he manages to fool everyone.
I think he's a priest. But I also think that BEFORE he became a priest he did some deeply UN-Priestly things (in the Congo) that he's clearly ashamed of.
Edited by Pookie, Jan 3 2013, 07:11 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Honeybees
Or even better Peter could murder Daniel! ^_^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply