Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 01:00 PM (9,291 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Marlena, Kristen already did the same thing to EJ. When he was still in the womb. Remember?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Serenity 808

elci525
Jan 3 2013, 08:18 PM
I can say a few things. There was one point where she grunted like a petulant five-year old; I thought steam would come out of her nose. I had mixed feelings about it - I don't like a thirty-something woman acting like a child. But it was just so classic deranged Sami that I had to love it.

Also, her dress is stupid today. There's some intelligent commentary for ya.
Yeah, Sami stomping and pouting is one thing that doesn't bother me because while it's entirely inappropriate for an adult to act like that, it is something Sami would do.

I love Nicole and Rafe's friendship, but I'm not really keen on the idea of Nicole talking about getting Rafe together with Sami so much. The only line of Nicole's I agreed with was that she thought Sami wouldn't satisfy Rafe in the long run, and that was Nicole being her most truthful.

EJ just can't win with me. In 2011, I thought he was too much of a douche, and for most of 2012/beginning of this year, he's just a pathetic puppy dog. James Scott must be bored out of his mind.

annie21

I think quite a few of the cast members are bored out of their minds, and many of them are letting it show in their performances.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Serenity 808
Jan 3 2013, 08:55 PM
elci525
Jan 3 2013, 08:18 PM
I can say a few things. There was one point where she grunted like a petulant five-year old; I thought steam would come out of her nose. I had mixed feelings about it - I don't like a thirty-something woman acting like a child. But it was just so classic deranged Sami that I had to love it.

Also, her dress is stupid today. There's some intelligent commentary for ya.
Yeah, Sami stomping and pouting is one thing that doesn't bother me because while it's entirely inappropriate for an adult to act like that, it is something Sami would do.

I love Nicole and Rafe's friendship, but I'm not really keen on the idea of Nicole talking about getting Rafe together with Sami so much. The only line of Nicole's I agreed with was that she thought Sami wouldn't satisfy Rafe in the long run, and that was Nicole being her most truthful.

EJ just can't win with me. In 2011, I thought he was too much of a douche, and for most of 2012/beginning of this year, he's just a pathetic puppy dog. James Scott must be bored out of his mind.
I would happily take douchy Ej over this current version anyday. Not only does JS look bored, but I am bored just watching him.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

deletemyaccountplease

Gimme douchey naked ej

michelle
Member Avatar

Maybe his scenes would be better, if he was naked.

I'm going to pretend he is.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Forget Father Eric or Father Tobias. Nicole is the Salemite with a divine connection given her ability to make Rafe tolerable, perhaps even enjoyable. Their scenes today were fun, refreshing and a surprising change of pace considering this show usually lets friendships wither on the vine. I hope they don't ruin it by putting these two in bed together.

I also enjoyed Hurricane Sami's rampage through Salem even if I was puzzled by it. This may be the most concerned she has ever been for John and Brady so her anger was a bit out of left field for me. I guess I can overlook that as it is ometimes best to forget the past in order to savor the present.

Kristen is starting to exhaust me with all of her mood swings as she drifts from one character to the next. It might be time for her to tone it down a notch or two.

Overall, this was easily my least favorite of the four episodes so far this week.

esp13
Member Avatar

I've only seen the very first scene and all I can say is EJ is ridiculously pathetic. Ugh.

esp13
Member Avatar

It's a Kayla and John scene!! Brings back the good ol' days of RoJohn and Kayla.

AFaithL

I loved Kristen testing Stefano. "Daddy!!!"

esp13
Member Avatar

And Kayla got to give Kristen an awesome bitchface. Loved it. :)

Somebody just kill EJ now and put us all out of our misery.

Kriss4

Kayla and John? Really?

Now I might have to watch. I want them to do something more with Kayla...but not Kayla and Abe. But I definitely want to see more of Kayla, in a story of her own. I don't see why I can't have my way. I get to watch everyone ELSE'S lives, and I'd like to see hers too.

And since I'm wishing, I might as well wish for a real glimpse into Justin and Adrienne's lives, too. I know they show me some stuff with them and Sonny, and that's fine, but I want something about Justin and Adrienne, too.

And Kayla.

If everyone else can have their wishes as far as who they want to see, I'm putting my order in too.

AFaithL

Yeah, today's show was decent. I even liked Sami. And I also liked that, despite Kristen's revenge, she showed some genuine signs of caring for Brady in the hospital room.

My other favorite part was seeing John and Marlena with their kids. More family moments would be nice.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jan 3 2013, 10:40 PM
Kayla and John? Really?

Now I might have to watch. I want them to do something more with Kayla...but not Kayla and Abe. But I definitely want to see more of Kayla, in a story of her own. I don't see why I can't have my way. I get to watch everyone ELSE'S lives, and I'd like to see hers too.

And since I'm wishing, I might as well wish for a real glimpse into Justin and Adrienne's lives, too. I know they show me some stuff with them and Sonny, and that's fine, but I want something about Justin and Adrienne, too.

And Kayla.

If everyone else can have their wishes as far as who they want to see, I'm putting my order in too.
How about bringing back Steve for Kayla and having him reveal that Jack is alive? Then Kayla, Jennifer, Adrienne and Justin will all have something to do besides propping Dr. Dick.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jan 3 2013, 10:45 PM.

Kriss4

I would never be against Steve coming back. But I don't want it to be that simple for him...just that he returns and all is forgiven between him and Kayla. I think he should have to work to get Kayla back. All I've seen for such a long time is Kayla fighting for them. I'd like to see Steve have to do a little fighting for them this time. I think he ought to have a little competition this time. Not that Kayla has to be in love with anyone else, but maybe someone else likes HER, and that would be enough to make Steve not take her for granted.

Kind of the reverse of what I'd like to see between Jack and Jennifer.

All we ever see there is Jack doing the work to get Jennifer back, and that's not fair. Everytime something happens with Jack, Jennifer turns to someone else almost immediately. Been there, done that. And this time it's particularly odious to me because I can't like or respect Daniel, and I don't like the way Jennifer's fallen in love with him so fast. Jack SAVED her daughter's life and a mere couple of months after Jack's death, all she can see or think about is Daniel. I find that offensive.

So, yeah. I'd like Steve to have to work to get back in Kayla's good graces, and I'd love for Jack to have someone new or have Jennifer work to get back into HIS good graces.

But that's just me.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I never thought I would ever write this BUT I like Rafe and Nicole's friendship. It's a nice change of pace. What is this soap world coming to? :sheep:

:lol:

Kerenush
Member Avatar

Seriously I loved Sami today. First, her scene with ej was swoon-worthy for me. Then her scenes with Eric, John and Marlena made me giggle. Her scenes with Eric was fun too. I love how he's the only she really listens to. I love how she lashes out at Kristen and that EJ had to physically stop her.. it's sort of reminded a Sami/Stefano/EJ scene back in 2009 in the hospital as well where EJ had to stop her before she was going off on Stefano lol and lastly, her picking up the garbage... it was kinda funny...

Kristen is really starting to exhaust me with her multiple personalities. She is nice with Brady, not-so-nice with Marlena/John and another personality with EJ and her daddy. I haven't seen her in Salem first time around so I can't compare her to that time but she's really something...

I thought that the Rafe/Nicole conv was ok though I wish Nicole would stop pushing Rafe with Sami. I also didn't like that he tries to push her with EJ.

peaches179

esp13
Jan 3 2013, 10:23 PM

Somebody just kill EJ now and put us all out of our misery.

I agree. He has really become annoying.

am103
Member Avatar

I wish we had more Kayla. Mary Beth Evans just has a wonderful screen presence. I'm not sure how I would feel about a Kayla/Abe pairing, but I just want Kayla to be involved in a story somehow or given one of her own.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I really need Ej to grow a pair, his scenes right now are just so painful. So sick of him playing second fiddle with a woman who constantly stomps all over him and spits him out like trash while constantly panting after and daydreaming about Rafe. That's not romantic it's degrading and it's so freaking old.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply