Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman review of Crystal Chappell's book
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 03:00 PM (12,857 Views)
Ellie

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/review-crystal-chappells-stunning-memoir-the-perfect-art-of-imperfection-my-life-so-far/2013/01/03/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

It might be true. Still, I hate this backstage gossip.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

AFaithL
Jan 3 2013, 03:03 PM
It might be true. Still, I hate this backstage gossip.
trust me, if you read the actual chapter, yes, she dedicates an entire chapter to Kristian, and try to compare what she says in her book to the tweets she made, and in some cases when she made them, they don't line up.
CC, in the book, says she wanted out of the Bo/Hope/Carly storyline, but on twitter she couldn't retweet pro-Bo/Carly tweets faster. She also claims that the backstage drama drove her to drink heavily & that it wasn't until after she was hit in the face with a football that she finally realized she needed to go back into therapy & that that was 6 months before the end of her run on Days, but the football injury made it's appearance when Carly was detoxing, which was nowhere close to 6 months from when Carly left.
She paints Kristian as the big bad evil one that everyone is afraid of, even Peter.
You can claim that it must be true because she wrote it in her book, but at the end of the day, none of us were there, & none of us know what is true, what's not true, and what's misinterpreted. (speaking of misinterpretations, she makes a comment about how Kristian said that Hope would never love anyone but Bo shut the door on Hope/Justin and that if you read an interview CC did that makes her sound dismissive of Bo & Hope, she was badly misquoted.)

am103
Member Avatar

She began 'hurting herself' because things were so bad at Days? Wha-at?!

Interesting that Days recently asked her to return. I wonder what if they were planning to go full steam with the Carly/Daniel/Jennifer triangle that began in 2011 and she said no and that's what led to Nadia Bjorlin's return.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Quote:

things were quickly being sabotaged by Alfonso and things began to go south for the Daytime Emmy winner behind-the-scenes.

In an exclusive excerpt when relating what went down after she re-joined the show with then DAYS Co-EP’s Gary Tomlin’s support, Chappell wrote, “Somehow, with no effort or even awareness on my part, two camps evolved. It became the Kristian Alfonso/Ken Corday camp vs. the The Crystal Chappell/Gary Tomlin camp, and everyone apparently felt compelled to pick a side for the preservation of their jobs. The crew and even a couple of directors began feeling as if they had to pull me offstage, out of sight, and whisper if they wanted to pay me a compliment.”

Alfonso had such power yeha right even she tried to tell is not Alfonso but people that feel back her up i still think Alfonso would be better position than she is now

Quote:

In fact, when Corday told Gary Tomlin to get Crystal off the screen, because it was her fault that the ratings had plummeted,

if that true Corday should had fire more people that are still on the show now
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jan 3 2013, 03:26 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Well, she sounds really messed up. It's probably an interesting read.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

am103
Jan 3 2013, 03:18 PM
She began 'hurting herself' because things were so bad at Days? Wha-at?!

Interesting that Days recently asked her to return. I wonder what if they were planning to go full steam with the Carly/Daniel/Jennifer triangle that began in 2011 and she said no and that's what led to Nadia Bjorlin's return.
yes. apparently she scratched herself while she slept - hard & deep enough to leave marks.

as for the return thing, all she says is that a few months ago she was asked to return & said no "and now we know why".

james0479
Member Avatar

I'll read this book because I'm always interested in the backstage happenings...even if it could be coming from someone who may have interpreted situations different than they actually were. Like someone else said, we weren't there but sounds interesting enough to me. Thanks for sharing.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 3 2013, 03:28 PM
Well, she sounds really messed up. It's probably an interesting read.
the chapter on Kristian is good for a laugh. It really comes across as CC having some sort of grudge against Kristian - whether it be jealousy, envy, or whatever. There's nothing about Kristian trying to sabotage CC, just some apparent eye rolls and script changes (one such situation she outlines in "detail" and even provides the youtube link to the final scene).
My fave part is where she says an eyewitness told her that once she was gone, Kristian jumped up & down saying "I won. I won."

it's all very "i'm a poor poor innocent victim of a diva bully. Woe is me!"

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

james0479
Jan 3 2013, 03:30 PM
I'll read this book because I'm always interested in the backstage happenings...even if it could be coming from someone who may have interpreted situations different than they actually were. Like someone else said, we weren't there but sounds interesting enough to me. Thanks for sharing.
it's not worth the read. Fairman basically told you everything that's in that chapter. (not to mention that the cover is disturbing)

jwsel
Member Avatar

Does she say anything interesting about her first stint on Days?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

jwsel
Jan 3 2013, 03:38 PM
Does she say anything interesting about her first stint on Days?
not really. she talks about how when Peter first saw her, he thought she was a model (which contradicts her previous story that Peter chose her because of her breasts). She then moves into how Bo & Carly soon became THE couple of Days (and how she & Peter worked fabulously together) & were on the cover of what seemed like every magazine and did interview over interview. She renegotiated her contract when she heard Peter was leaving to ensure she wouldn't lose her job. There's some incident with rkk that she briefly mentions that he apparently apologized to her for years later. She says that after she left the show, someone called her from Days & said that they had heard she had been badmouthing rkk in the press. CC threatened to sue them if they ever accused her of that again. Apparently after that, people from Days were told not to talk to her because she'd threatened to sue them.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Fuck that bitch Chappell. Jealous/bitter of Kristian, that's for sure.

Lil
Member Avatar

I can't say because I don't know...but why would DAYS be clamoring for Carly? For Mel's exit? Dannifer angst? Ick. I mean, in my opinion, her last stint was a total waste. There could have been some real drama between Carly & Vivian and we got WTFery of all kinds. Although I do thank CC for giving me a lot of laughter during that time...(drugged out, grabbing Justin's face, snorting lines of pixie sticks the size of a frigging table, etc.) lol And I don't understand the need to dedicate a chapter to trashing one of your former co-stars either. Why burn bridges like that (that is IF KA even has the kind of pull she is credited with having). It seems like a really silly and childish thing to do. I mean, for all I know KA could be a total bitch, but it's kind of in poor taste to write that shit about someone who you could (potentially, though I doubt it now) be working with again. But whatever works. Hope she sells a lot of books or whatever lol

jam6242
Member Avatar

What did she say about being let go from Days? I can't imagine that Kristian rolling her eyes at her would cause that. Did she say anything about Twittergate? I could have sworn she told Fairman at that time that she and Kristian didn't have a problem.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Lil
Jan 3 2013, 03:48 PM
I can't say because I don't know...but why would DAYS be clamoring for Carly? For Mel's exit? Dannifer angst? Ick. I mean, in my opinion, her last stint was a total waste. There could have been some real drama between Carly & Vivian and we got WTFery of all kinds. Although I do thank CC for giving me a lot of laughter during that time...(drugged out, grabbing Justin's face, snorting lines of pixie sticks the size of a frigging table, etc.) lol And I don't understand the need to dedicate a chapter to trashing one of your former co-stars either. Why burn bridges like that (that is IF KA even has the kind of pull she is credited with having). It seems like a really silly and childish thing to do. I mean, for all I know KA could be a total bitch, but it's kind of in poor taste to write that shit about someone who you could (potentially, though I doubt it now) be working with again. But whatever works. Hope she sells a lot of books or whatever lol
i did not get it either

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 03:34 PM
My fave part is where she says an eyewitness told her that once she was gone, Kristian jumped up & down saying "I won. I won."
YAY Kristian!! :cheer: :cheer:

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

I don't even like her, and I would have designed her a more professional looking book cover for free, in ten minutes, on Pixlr.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I still think Days should just set up hidden cameras all over the set, and release the behind-the-scenes stuff as their show. I bet what goes on backstage is a thousand more times entertaining than what's onscreen.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Lil
Jan 3 2013, 03:48 PM
it probably wasn't Days that wanted CC back, but Tomlin himself.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply