Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman review of Crystal Chappell's book
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 03:00 PM (12,436 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

jam6242
Jan 3 2013, 03:50 PM
What did she say about being let go from Days? I can't imagine that Kristian rolling her eyes at her would cause that. Did she say anything about Twittergate? I could have sworn she told Fairman at that time that she and Kristian didn't have a problem.
she just said that she knew things wouldn't end well because things became "KA/Corday camp vs CC/Tomlin camp" and that she wasn't even told that it was her last day on set until Maxim went up to her & apologized for not being able to be there for her last few scenes. She didn't mention Nelson at all. She mentioned something called "Tomlingate". I'm sure she did tell Fairman that. Of course, we know that CC doesn't always speak the truth and she probably told Fairman that because she needed to do damage control.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

granolagirl
Jan 3 2013, 03:55 PM
I don't even like her, and I would have designed her a more professional looking book cover for free, in ten minutes, on Pixlr.
you don't like the cover photo one of her fans took of her?

KMan101
Member Avatar

I feel terribly for all of the bad things that have happened to her. I'm on neither team, but I agree the chapter about Kristian was in poor taste, regardless of whether or not it's true.

I just feel like she has ... issues. And I feel for her. I really do. I can see how her mental state might make her paranoid, insecure ... it can take what might have been just an eyeroll into becoming what it all evolved into and there could have been some crew who just didn't like Kristian and who didn't like Crystal and things just got completely blown out of proportion. Or. It could be true. Who knows. It's called a workplace, and as much as we all may hope it's "one big family" ... it's not. It's a business. Co-workers lie (I'm not saying any of the crew did but you know what I mean), they exaggerate the truth, they tell the story in a completely different way taking something innocent into being what it isn't. Just saying ...

Although I'm assuming Kristian and Crystal didn't even clear the air, I hope they did, or I hope they will. For Crystal's sake. And if really true, I'm sorry it affected Crystal so much.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Tomlin and his damn agenda. It's killing this show.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 04:04 PM
Lil
Jan 3 2013, 03:48 PM
I can't say because I don't know...but why would DAYS be clamoring for Carly? For Mel's exit? Dannifer angst? Ick. I mean, in my opinion, her last stint was a total waste. There could have been some real drama between Carly & Vivian and we got WTFery of all kinds. Although I do thank CC for giving me a lot of laughter during that time...(drugged out, grabbing Justin's face, snorting lines of pixie sticks the size of a frigging table, etc.) lol And I don't understand the need to dedicate a chapter to trashing one of your former co-stars either. Why burn bridges like that (that is IF KA even has the kind of pull she is credited with having). It seems like a really silly and childish thing to do. I mean, for all I know KA could be a total bitch, but it's kind of in poor taste to write that shit about someone who you could (potentially, though I doubt it now) be working with again. But whatever works. Hope she sells a lot of books or whatever lol
it probably wasn't Days that wanted CC back, but Tomlin himself.
yep thay only thing i know for sure it true

Tomlin try to get back while that year alone they fire 4 actors that they were need for the story and yet tomlin carly is need

tomlin for sure had his pets

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 3 2013, 04:09 PM
Tomlin and his damn agenda. It's killing this show.
indeed
i have feeling tomlin is one responsible to any tense Environment or making it more tense

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's just too bad Kristian and Crystal, if this were true, were made to feel insecure about their positions on the show, in any way. That's just bad. However, instead of fighting each other, they should have embraced the fact that this could have been a really good storyline for all of them. Now we have Carly damaged and likely not returning anytime soon, Hope alone and Bo gone. I feel like Tomlin pushed Peter out, especially now (well, I did before, much like Thaao, JKJ among others).

Sigh. This is all just SAD.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Nothing at all about the supposed big bad FEUD during her original stint? But... how will the Deidre Hall haters/Chappell lovers survive without their annual feeding of shit? They must be so disappointed. Tihi.

How did the book make it seem like PETER was making her employment with DAYS uncomfortable? Kelker-Kelly I could understand, since he's a skeeve, but PR, besides some bantering/fighting with KA in the 80s, doesn't have a label of being difficult.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 3 2013, 04:30 PM
It's just too bad Kristian and Crystal, if this were true, were made to feel insecure about their positions on the show, in any way. That's just bad. However, instead of fighting each other, they should have embraced the fact that this could have been a really good storyline for all of them. Now we have Carly damaged and likely not returning anytime soon, Hope alone and Bo gone. I feel like Tomlin pushed Peter out, especially now (well, I did before, much like Thaao, JKJ among others).

Sigh. This is all just SAD.
This is very true. Esp if they both love the show as they've claimed.

knots

Can you say what she said about Kim zimmer and Robert newman

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 04:07 PM
jam6242
What did she say about being let go from Days? I can't imagine that Kristian rolling her eyes at her would cause that. Did she say anything about Twittergate? I could have sworn she told Fairman at that time that she and Kristian didn't have a problem.
she just said that she knew things wouldn't end well because things became "KA/Corday camp vs CC/Tomlin camp" and that she wasn't even told that it was her last day on set until Maxim went up to her & apologized for not being able to be there for her last few scenes. She didn't mention Nelson at all. She mentioned something called "Tomlingate". I'm sure she did tell Fairman that. Of course, we know that CC doesn't always speak the truth and she probably told Fairman that because she needed to do damage control.
How could she not know it was her last day? We all knew..

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Jan 3 2013, 04:36 PM
Nothing at all about the supposed big bad FEUD during her original stint? But... how will the Deidre Hall haters/Chappell lovers survive without their annual feeding of shit? They must be so disappointed. Tihi.

How did the book make it seem like PETER was making her employment with DAYS uncomfortable? Kelker-Kelly I could understand, since he's a skeeve, but PR, besides some bantering/fighting with KA in the 80s, doesn't have a label of being difficult.
Peter was one of the people that supposedly ignored her and even told CC one day that he couldn't talk to her or Kristian would get mad & have a bad day & that wouldn't be good for anyone. WTF?! - i know!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 3 2013, 04:56 PM
Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 04:07 PM
jam6242
How could she not know it was her last day? We all knew..
because she was drinking heavily & scratching herself at night? lol. i don't know.
she says that she woke up one day & told Michael that she was certain she was going to be shooting her last scenes that day. apparently "no one had officially told me, i just felt it. i just knew it."
Edited by Supergirlx2, Jan 3 2013, 05:03 PM.

mellymet

Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 04:59 PM
The Room Stops

Peter was one of the people that supposedly ignored her and even told CC one day that he couldn't talk to her or Kristian would get mad & have a bad day & that wouldn't be good for anyone. WTF?! - i know!
My favorite part of that was CC threatening to go to Tomlin and tell on him cause he was ignoring her and got angry at her when she tried to goof around with him and Kristian to lighten the mood. ;) Sounds so Junior High :popcorn:

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I don't know how much I believe, but if what she saying is true, I have to wonder how she survived in daytime all these years. Days can't be the first place she ever encountered behind the scenes politics, big egos, territorial divas, regime changes...

jam6242
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jan 3 2013, 05:05 PM
I don't know how much I believe, but if what she saying is true, I have to wonder how she survived in daytime all these years. Days can't be the first place she ever encountered behind the scenes politics, big egos, territorial divas, regime changes...
No kidding. I've experienced those things in my workplace and I'm not even in show business!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

mellymet
Jan 3 2013, 05:03 PM
Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 04:59 PM
The Room Stops

My favorite part of that was CC threatening to go to Tomlin and tell on him cause he was ignoring her and got angry at her when she tried to goof around with him and Kristian to lighten the mood. ;) Sounds so Junior High :popcorn:
oh yes. that was pretty funny too.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

knots
Jan 3 2013, 04:54 PM
Can you say what she said about Kim zimmer and Robert newman
somewhat off-topic since it's not about Days, but here's some tidbits:
CC says that KZ was a bitch to her & RN told KZ that CC had nothing on her. When CC asked RN to run lines with her, he told her that he was with KZ & when they left together, KZ gave CC a look. CC was upset.
She also told KZ, at one point, that because she was pregnant & screaming, her kid would come out knowing who KZ was just from the screaming.
CC also reckoned that KZ told her that she didn't like her cause she didn't take her bullshit.
CC also says that KZ threw tantrums on set.

there are only 2 paragraphs or so on KZ.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

So basically it's all about how everybody else is a bitch?

AFaithL

The Room Stops
Jan 3 2013, 05:29 PM
So basically it's all about how everybody else is a bitch?
It seriously sounds like High School. Cracks me up!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply