Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman review of Crystal Chappell's book
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 03:00 PM (12,156 Views)
mellymet

The Room Stops
Jan 3 2013, 05:29 PM
So basically it's all about how everybody else is a bitch?
Yes exactly. She is always the victim and woo is me! That about summarizes it! :blink:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 04:59 PM
The Room Stops
Jan 3 2013, 04:36 PM
Nothing at all about the supposed big bad FEUD during her original stint? But... how will the Deidre Hall haters/Chappell lovers survive without their annual feeding of shit? They must be so disappointed. Tihi.

How did the book make it seem like PETER was making her employment with DAYS uncomfortable? Kelker-Kelly I could understand, since he's a skeeve, but PR, besides some bantering/fighting with KA in the 80s, doesn't have a label of being difficult.
Peter was one of the people that supposedly ignored her and even told CC one day that he couldn't talk to her or Kristian would get mad & have a bad day & that wouldn't be good for anyone. WTF?! - i know!
Lol, so is Kristian god or something? She must be if she can dictate how everyone else acts. :huh:

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

This book is making CC appear like a paranoid super bitch.... well she was always that, but this isn't helping

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

The Room Stops
Jan 3 2013, 05:29 PM
So basically it's all about how everybody else is a bitch?
we've only discussed the Days part, since that's 90% of what Fairman wrote about in his "review".
she does talk about her childhood & her two marriages & admits to being with MS while still married. she talks a bit about GL, includes many pages of excerpts from things fans wrote her about Otalia, & talks a bit about Venice & The Grove.
But you can tell that her book wasn't so much about being an autobiography where she reveals all the deep dark secrets of her past and how they shaped who she has become as it is a "pitty me, i've been a victim all my life" book where she finally had the freedom to vent about KA and write whatever she wanted about her. I'm not even sure how the title of her book makes any sense given what's in her book.

Sariah
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 3 2013, 05:42 PM
Supergirlx2
The Room Stops
Nothing at all about the supposed big bad FEUD during her original stint? But... how will the Deidre Hall haters/Chappell lovers survive without their annual feeding of shit? They must be so disappointed. Tihi.

How did the book make it seem like PETER was making her employment with DAYS uncomfortable? Kelker-Kelly I could understand, since he's a skeeve, but PR, besides some bantering/fighting with KA in the 80s, doesn't have a label of being difficult.
Peter was one of the people that supposedly ignored her and even told CC one day that he couldn't talk to her or Kristian would get mad & have a bad day & that wouldn't be good for anyone. WTF?! - i know!
Lol, so is Kristian god or something? She must be if she can dictate how everyone else acts. :huh:
Hmmm...now I must plot about how to make Kristian a Phloe fan.... ;)

Edited by Sariah, Jan 3 2013, 05:48 PM.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

blueskies
Supergirlx2
The Room Stops

LOL, apparently she also got Kola Boof fired. ;) I need to befriend Kristian. Maybe they'll hire me as a writer or as the love interest for a newly returned Philip Kiriakis. :eyeroll:
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Jan 3 2013, 05:56 PM.

bomber
Member Avatar

blueskies
Supergirlx2
The Room Stops

If Kristian's God then why is Tomlin back and why does she have no story?

Kriss4

Hmmm...

So, basically...every problem she had at Days during her last stint can be laid at someone ELSE's feet? None of it would be her responsibility? She blames Kristian, but takes nothing on HER shoulders for the way things stood?

Sure. She said she didn't react well, et cetera, et cetera...and she says she takes responsibility, but I've seen little to indicate she actually does. This is basic mud-slinging toward kristian and pointing the finger at others.

I would love to hear what kristian and other days co-stars would have to say in response, but they probably won't engage in a petty public reaction.

She deflected all blame for twitter gate, remember?

She wouldn't be honest about it...wouldn't take responsibility for her part in that mess...and this sounds like more of the same.

I don't know what kristian is really like, but I've heard all kinds of things about crystal's behavior for years, and twittergate and her response afterward were enlightening as well.

She lost all credibility in my eyes a long time ago.
Edited by Kriss4, Jan 3 2013, 06:51 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

That cover is just plain awful. Someone in the comments section on MF's site said it was only 112 pages which doesn't seem like a lot for a supposed memoir.

CatherineEarnshaw

Partnersincrime
Jan 3 2013, 04:12 PM
Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 04:04 PM
Lil
Jan 3 2013, 03:48 PM
I can't say because I don't know...but why would DAYS be clamoring for Carly? For Mel's exit? Dannifer angst? Ick. I mean, in my opinion, her last stint was a total waste. There could have been some real drama between Carly & Vivian and we got WTFery of all kinds. Although I do thank CC for giving me a lot of laughter during that time...(drugged out, grabbing Justin's face, snorting lines of pixie sticks the size of a frigging table, etc.) lol And I don't understand the need to dedicate a chapter to trashing one of your former co-stars either. Why burn bridges like that (that is IF KA even has the kind of pull she is credited with having). It seems like a really silly and childish thing to do. I mean, for all I know KA could be a total bitch, but it's kind of in poor taste to write that shit about someone who you could (potentially, though I doubt it now) be working with again. But whatever works. Hope she sells a lot of books or whatever lol
it probably wasn't Days that wanted CC back, but Tomlin himself.
yep thay only thing i know for sure it true

Tomlin try to get back while that year alone they fire 4 actors that they were need for the story and yet tomlin carly is need

tomlin for sure had his pets
Clearly so does Corday.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Miss Rhi
Jan 3 2013, 06:07 PM
That cover is just plain awful. Someone in the comments section on MF's site said it was only 112 pages which doesn't seem like a lot for a supposed memoir.
it's actually 115 plus pictures, but close enough. ;) (and about 20 of those pages are about Kristian)
it's not a lot at all. the book is also double spaced, with 1.25" side margins (and 1" top & bottom margins), and standard 12pt Times New Roman (or really similar) font.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

bomber
Jan 3 2013, 06:00 PM
blueskies
Supergirlx2
The Room Stops

If Kristian's God then why is Tomlin back and why does she have no story?
NBC's big on Tomlin, which to me explains why he is back... while I don't really like the guy, he was able to do a lot for the show financially when they were not in the best situation. It's pretty apparent to me that the network turns to Tomlin when they're in a moment of crisis... they have faith in him to turn things around - MarDar failed, they called Tomlin.

As for your second question, Kristian would be on the back-burner because Tomlin has the pen. He allegedly wanted Chappell back, which to me would suggest nothing has changed... he's not on "Team Kristian"... Corday is on "Team Kristian". And since she's on the backburner, I would guess Corday has little influence at the moment. Not that it's surprising... he pretty much sounds like a puppet in his interviews anyway.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I'm really not about to purchase a book with CC's ass on the cover...even if I did have any interest in hearing from a D-list soap star.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Chappell is just... weird. The only time I ever liked her was on OLTL.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Wow...since KA has so much pull you would think she would have been DEMANDING better story lines over the last ten years....

am103
Member Avatar

^^Really though. If everybody is so afraid of her and gives her what she wants then why has she been in storyline limbo for the past few months? I get that with Bo leaving that it kind of limited her, but it's not like the writing for Bo and Hope was phenomenal since Carly left (or anything close to phenomenal). Hell, it wasn't really phenomenal while Carly was there.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Thanks for the laughs from those who read the supposed bio, I guess some people are stuck on being classless.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Nubia
Jan 3 2013, 07:42 PM
Wow...since KA has so much pull you would think she would have been DEMANDING better story lines over the last ten years....
I don't know though, according to her tweets she thinks the writers are pure genius. But if I were an actor trying to keep a job, my twitter would be filled with rainbows and unicorn praises.

Bee
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jan 3 2013, 03:57 PM
I still think Days should just set up hidden cameras all over the set, and release the behind-the-scenes stuff as their show. I bet what goes on backstage is a thousand more times entertaining than what's onscreen.

That would be so amazeballs. It would be a cross between Soapdish and Tootsie only with more crying and whining.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I hate to admit it but I'm a moth to a flame when it comes to gossip. Color me interested.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply