Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman review of Crystal Chappell's book
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 03:00 PM (12,419 Views)
JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Is that CC's naked ass on the cover? If so, I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that. Real classy!! :puke: :puke:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

Lil
Jan 3 2013, 03:48 PM
I can't say because I don't know...but why would DAYS be clamoring for Carly? For Mel's exit? Dannifer angst? Ick. I mean, in my opinion, her last stint was a total waste. There could have been some real drama between Carly & Vivian and we got WTFery of all kinds. Although I do thank CC for giving me a lot of laughter during that time...(drugged out, grabbing Justin's face, snorting lines of pixie sticks the size of a frigging table, etc.) lol And I don't understand the need to dedicate a chapter to trashing one of your former co-stars either. Why burn bridges like that (that is IF KA even has the kind of pull she is credited with having). It seems like a really silly and childish thing to do. I mean, for all I know KA could be a total bitch, but it's kind of in poor taste to write that shit about someone who you could (potentially, though I doubt it now) be working with again. But whatever works. Hope she sells a lot of books or whatever lol
Yeah & you would think if KA put the brakes on Hope/Justin, believed that Bo is the only man Hope would love AND had the kind of pull CC claims, she would've convinced Corday/TPTB to not let Peter walk. If KA really is the HBIC, she would've pulled out all the stops to get PR to stay. :shrug:

I was always a CC fan, but Twittergate soured my feelings towards her. However, I will read this book if I come across a copy. I love memoirs, the more bat-shit crazy, the better. LOL

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Pure utter trash....Chappell is the biggest loser in television and a trouble maker....not to mention a colossal liar!

jwsel
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 04:59 PM
The Room Stops
Jan 3 2013, 04:36 PM
Nothing at all about the supposed big bad FEUD during her original stint? But... how will the Deidre Hall haters/Chappell lovers survive without their annual feeding of shit? They must be so disappointed. Tihi.

How did the book make it seem like PETER was making her employment with DAYS uncomfortable? Kelker-Kelly I could understand, since he's a skeeve, but PR, besides some bantering/fighting with KA in the 80s, doesn't have a label of being difficult.
Peter was one of the people that supposedly ignored her and even told CC one day that he couldn't talk to her or Kristian would get mad & have a bad day & that wouldn't be good for anyone. WTF?! - i know!
Now I'm confused. Are we talking about her original run? Kristian and Crystal didn't overlap on her original run, did they? I thought Hope "died" just as Carly showed up. And Crystal left in 1993, which was before Kristian returned. So Peter couldn't have been ignoring CC in her original run because of Kristian.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jan 3 2013, 10:11 PM
Pure utter trash....Chappell is the biggest loser in television and a trouble maker....not to mention a colossal liar!
I don't know, I'm starting to think she has persecutory delusions. Either that or perhaps she's just uber-paranoid.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

From the parts of the book I've read, it kind of seems like she's REALLY good at blaming everyone else for her woes. I would hope that she would look at whatever truly did happen, learn from it and go on! Lots of people have some issues at work-- again, it is what it is.

I believe that there's three sides to a story-- there's your side-- your truth, there's the other that it's affected- that's their truth and then there's what actually happened-- for me, that's somewhere in the middle of both truths.

I am with some others in that whole twittergate nightmare--she was front and center on that and had the gall to blame others--again, if kind of appears that she has a hard time accepting her part in something.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

jwsel
Jan 3 2013, 11:04 PM
Supergirlx2
The Room Stops
Jan 3 2013, 04:36 PM
Nothing at all about the supposed big bad FEUD during her original stint? But... how will the Deidre Hall haters/Chappell lovers survive without their annual feeding of shit? They must be so disappointed. Tihi.

How did the book make it seem like PETER was making her employment with DAYS uncomfortable? Kelker-Kelly I could understand, since he's a skeeve, but PR, besides some bantering/fighting with KA in the 80s, doesn't have a label of being difficult.
Peter was one of the people that supposedly ignored her and even told CC one day that he couldn't talk to her or Kristian would get mad & have a bad day & that wouldn't be good for anyone. WTF?! - i know!
Now I'm confused. Are we talking about her original run? Kristian and Crystal didn't overlap on her original run, did they? I thought Hope "died" just as Carly showed up. And Crystal left in 1993, which was before Kristian returned. So Peter couldn't have been ignoring CC in her original run because of Kristian.
no. we're talking about CC's second run.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daysofold

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 3 2013, 06:38 PM
bomber
Jan 3 2013, 06:00 PM
blueskies
Jan 3 2013, 05:42 PM
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Lol, so is Kristian god or something? She must be if she can dictate how everyone else acts. :huh:
If Kristian's God then why is Tomlin back and why does she have no story?
NBC's big on Tomlin, which to me explains why he is back... while I don't really like the guy, he was able to do a lot for the show financially when they were not in the best situation. It's pretty apparent to me that the network turns to Tomlin when they're in a moment of crisis... they have faith in him to turn things around - MarDar failed, they called Tomlin.

As for your second question, Kristian would be on the back-burner because Tomlin has the pen. He allegedly wanted Chappell back, which to me would suggest nothing has changed... he's not on "Team Kristian"... Corday is on "Team Kristian". And since she's on the backburner, I would guess Corday has little influence at the moment. Not that it's surprising... he pretty much sounds like a puppet in his interviews anyway.

To me, this says it all! NBC/Sony/Corday are all a pile of ---t! Tomlin is the worst writer ever. The ratings reflect his talent. TPTB better do something quick or Days won't be on screen come September.
Edited by Daysofold, Jan 4 2013, 12:03 AM.

am103
Member Avatar

I really think it's just Crystal Chappell trying to stir up trouble like she did when she was fired. I really don't see Kristian Alfonso being so unpleasant, because she seems like such a doll on television and Twitter. But as someone said upthread, none of us are behind the scenes seeing what's going on, so who knows. Maybe there was some serious tension between the actors and that's why the story fell apart. Either way, if she was truly so miserable at Days, it's for the best that she's gone I guess. Even though I did love me some Carbo ;)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

am103
Jan 4 2013, 12:24 AM
I really think it's just Crystal Chappell trying to stir up trouble like she did when she was fired. I really don't see Kristian Alfonso being so unpleasant, because she seems like such a doll on television and Twitter. But as someone said upthread, none of us are behind the scenes seeing what's going on, so who knows. Maybe there was some serious tension between the actors and that's why the story fell apart. Either way, if she was truly so miserable at Days, it's for the best that she's gone I guess. Even though I did love me some Carbo ;)
the way Kristian comes across in TV interviews & The Shopping Channel is how she is in person. there's no "Kristian version A" and "Kristian version B".
there's no doubt that there was tension between Kristian & CC. otherwise, the twitter nonsense with Nelson would've never happened, & there wouldn't have been an accusation that CC's firing was Kristian's doing.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Seems like Chappell has been drinking some KolaBoofaid.

Evan
Member Avatar

I want to read this, I think it'd be a fascinating book to peruse.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I have always liked the character of Carly and Crystal Chappell, but it's become clear that she has some issues. I want to marinate in the gossip, but not if I think one of the parties is unwell. It seems that with this book she has doubled down rather than cleared the air. I have a hard time believing KA is the wicked witch CC portrays her as, but who knows? I wish them both the best.

Evan
Member Avatar

Is Kristian Alfonso really a bitch in real life?
That I'd be curious to know.

I wonder who's more messed up: Crystal or Hunter Tylo?

CarlD2

The cover is hideous. If I saw that cover I would think I was reading an expose on a 1995-era "video ho" who has come to tell us that Jesus saved her from booty popping.

I can't say whether this book is any good or not but I can't think of a worse way to sell a book. She might as well have called it 50 Shades of Cray Cray.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Evan
Jan 4 2013, 01:48 AM
I want to read this, I think it'd be a fascinating book to peruse.

I love the word peruse.

Evan
Jan 4 2013, 06:38 AM
I wonder who's more messed up: Crystal or Hunter Tylo?

Po-tato, po-tahto.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jan 4 2013, 04:52 AM
I have always liked the character of Carly and Crystal Chappell, but it's become clear that she has some issues. I want to marinate in the gossip, but not if I think one of the parties is unwell. It seems that with this book she has doubled down rather than cleared the air. I have a hard time believing KA is the wicked witch CC portrays her as, but who knows? I wish them both the best.
A friend of my worked for a big, big Hollywood talent agency in the early 2000s. She was an assistant, and she joked her job was actress wrangling. CC and KA sound like nearly every actress she worked with, and some of them were much bigger stars. It's a job that draws high maintenance, insecure people with issues and a tendency to over share. According to my friend when they had a client that was highly professional, showed up and did her job without complaint and didn't cause drama - that was a rare, rare thing.

So, whatever the case may be, I'm guessing that CC is probably telling the truth as she sees it. And she probably has megawatt issues.

But this book has "self-published through Amazon" all over it.

As for any one of these women being a bitch, it's a tough world they work in. Bitch is in the eye of the beholder. One person's bitch is another person's tough woman trying to keep her job.

Lil
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Jan 3 2013, 09:26 PM
Lil
Jan 3 2013, 03:48 PM
I can't say because I don't know...but why would DAYS be clamoring for Carly? For Mel's exit? Dannifer angst? Ick. I mean, in my opinion, her last stint was a total waste. There could have been some real drama between Carly & Vivian and we got WTFery of all kinds. Although I do thank CC for giving me a lot of laughter during that time...(drugged out, grabbing Justin's face, snorting lines of pixie sticks the size of a frigging table, etc.) lol And I don't understand the need to dedicate a chapter to trashing one of your former co-stars either. Why burn bridges like that (that is IF KA even has the kind of pull she is credited with having). It seems like a really silly and childish thing to do. I mean, for all I know KA could be a total bitch, but it's kind of in poor taste to write that shit about someone who you could (potentially, though I doubt it now) be working with again. But whatever works. Hope she sells a lot of books or whatever lol
Yeah & you would think if KA put the brakes on Hope/Justin, believed that Bo is the only man Hope would love AND had the kind of pull CC claims, she would've convinced Corday/TPTB to not let Peter walk. If KA really is the HBIC, she would've pulled out all the stops to get PR to stay. :shrug:

I was always a CC fan, but Twittergate soured my feelings towards her. However, I will read this book if I come across a copy. I love memoirs, the more bat-shit crazy, the better. LOL
I like CC, acting-wise too. and I have no idea what "Twittergate" was all about so I guess I didn't have any feelings toward her one way or the other that could have "soured." But I think this seems like a bunch of petty bullshit, stemming from unresolved issues that she has being used as a ploy to sell books. And again...good for her if it works. I, personally, won't be grabbing a copy. If I want to read about a mentally fucked up woman, there is a plethora or well-written novels to choose from lol

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 05:03 PM
lysie
Jan 3 2013, 04:56 PM
Supergirlx2
Jan 3 2013, 04:07 PM
jam6242
Jan 3 2013, 03:50 PM
What did she say about being let go from Days? I can't imagine that Kristian rolling her eyes at her would cause that. Did she say anything about Twittergate? I could have sworn she told Fairman at that time that she and Kristian didn't have a problem.
she just said that she knew things wouldn't end well because things became "KA/Corday camp vs CC/Tomlin camp" and that she wasn't even told that it was her last day on set until Maxim went up to her & apologized for not being able to be there for her last few scenes. She didn't mention Nelson at all. She mentioned something called "Tomlingate". I'm sure she did tell Fairman that. Of course, we know that CC doesn't always speak the truth and she probably told Fairman that because she needed to do damage control.
How could she not know it was her last day? We all knew..
because she was drinking heavily & scratching herself at night? lol. i don't know.
she says that she woke up one day & told Michael that she was certain she was going to be shooting her last scenes that day. apparently "no one had officially told me, i just felt it. i just knew it."
Wait...weren't her last scenes pretty much her saying goodbye to Melanie, Daniel, Jen, etc.? They brought on an actor to play Nicholas to send her off with, as I recall.

I can't imagine what made her think she might be filming her last scenes... :blink:

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't dislike CC though I feel like I should. There are always so many holes in her stories though. Just stop.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply