Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman review of Crystal Chappell's book
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 03:00 PM (12,491 Views)
Will&Sonny

It's starting to seem like Carly, despite being buried alive -- a traumatic event that would make anyone a bit crazy -- is actually more stable than her portrayer.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 4 2013, 10:20 PM
It's starting to seem like Carly, despite being buried alive -- a traumatic event that would make anyone a bit crazy -- is actually more stable than her portrayer.
Why CC did her best acting on DAYS during the Carly drug addiction SL - art imitating life?

lysie
Member Avatar

Evan
Jan 4 2013, 10:36 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 4 2013, 10:20 PM
Why CC did her best acting on DAYS during the Carly drug addiction SL - art imitating life?
Ugh. I hated that. I actually liked the rest of her run, but once that story started I was ready for her to leave.

ceejay

Seems to me CC has numerous problems, two of which are her former co-stars KA and KZ. Perhaps it's jealousy, I don't know. I've heard only good about KA and KZ by their co-workers, never anything bad spoken of either so I'm not buying into CC's baloney attempt to earn some bucks so she can continue exec producing her web soaps! If her memoir is simply therapeutic, she shouldn't be misleading the fans of soap operas with her lies! Her BFF Nelson Branco likes to stir the pot and always takes CC's side as he did during the twitter war. Kristian Alfonso remained a lady during that entire time.
Edited by ceejay, Jan 5 2013, 12:04 AM.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

After hearing about her book, I don't want this bitch Crystal Chappell back on DAYS or on anything else, soap or no soap, that I watch! What messed up bitch! If DAYS ever brings Carly back, and she's really not needed, they should re-cast!

annie21

If what she says about being invited back last year is true (and I could believe it because Tomlin was busy trying to recreate Summer 2011), then it makes me wonder how that meshes with PR's decision to leave at about that same time. Were the writers planning to institute Carbo 2.0, but when CC refused to return, they had nothing for Bo/Bope, so PR was going to be backburnered indefinitely? It's just as likely he was going to be backburnered anyway, but it would be interesting to know the sequence of things and how one decision led to or influenced or curtailed another.

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

All this so-called "book" would be good for is wiping one's bum. I won't be wasting my hard-earned cash or my precious free-time on this bunch of BS. The woman clearly has huge problems. Most people vent to their BFF, journal or therapist, but I guess none of those will help her fund her web series will they? Her "woe is me", "I'm a poor little victim of the big bad soap divas", "I'm never at fault" attitude is infantile and is as stale as last year's Easter buns. I stopped "telling tales" on others when I was in grade school.

As for her "story" about her second stint on DAYS, it has changed so many times I'm suffering chronic whiplash. While she was on DAYS she kept on telling anyone and everyone that Peter and her were such good friends and bosom buddies. Now she supposedly says he ignored her. Whatever!!! I have ZERO respect for her. Good riddance!
Edited by MarvinPepper, Jan 5 2013, 08:00 PM.

Becki

I bought and read the book. It was only nine dollars. I thought it was a good read.Crystal admits she was a bitchy Diva on her first run on Days. She also talks about what a bitch Kristian was, which I totally believe. She even has a link in the book to a YouTube video where she and Hope come off as pissed at each other in delivering their lines in a scene. It's the scene where Hope has her hands all up in Carly's face and Carly screams "quit trying to talk over me". I believe every word crystal wrote. I don't get why people think kristian Alfonso is some kind of perfect person who would never even dream of acting like a diva. At least crystal admits she acted like a bitch sometimes.

lysie
Member Avatar

Becki
Jan 6 2013, 10:21 AM
I bought and read the book. It was only nine dollars. I thought it was a good read.Crystal admits she was a bitchy Diva on her first run on Days. She also talks about what a bitch Kristian was, which I totally believe. She even has a link in the book to a YouTube video where she and Hope come off as pissed at each other in delivering their lines in a scene. It's the scene where Hope has her hands all up in Carly's face and Carly screams "quit trying to talk over me". I believe every word crystal wrote. I don't get why people think kristian Alfonso is some kind of perfect person who would never even dream of acting like a diva. At least crystal admits she acted like a bitch sometimes.
I don't think anyone has said that, but I do think that the reasons some don't believe CC's version of things have been fairly well laid out.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Becki
She even has a link in the book to a YouTube video where she and Hope come off as pissed at each other in delivering their lines in a scene. It's the scene where Hope has her hands all up in Carly's face and Carly screams "quit trying to talk over me".
I remember us saying at the time how it seemed like Kristian and Crystal really hated each other because of how believable their vitriol was in that scene.

Skip to 4:00.

AFaithL

Thanks for posting that, Kenny. I loved it when Carly told Hope off and agreed with every word she said there. Hope was a complete bitch to Bo when Carly came back....and Bo hadn't done anything wrong at the time. She abandoned Bo for NO reason, took his daughter away from him, and moved in with Victor. She was terrible. By the time Bo slept with Carly, I didn't really care anymore. All I knew was that Hope was a bitch.

As for KA putting the kabosh on Hope/Justin, NO actress should have that kind of power. And yeah, I believe Crystal's version of events there, because of the rapid storyline change all of the sudden. It reminds me of Sweeney demanding her pregnancy be written into the show. These DIVA actresses need to stuff it with these stunts.

KA being jealous and bitchy that Crystal is back? I completely believe it. Bo and Carly were VERY popular back in day. And once CC and PR began having scenes again, I remember they were getting positive feedback from viewers. I can see how that would dredge up massive insecurity and jealousy. The fact is, Peter Reckell absolutely has been accepted with other leading ladies other that Kristian Alfonso. Hope, though, has never had a successful pairing outside of Bo. And I don't know if she ever will.

And if Kristian has Corday by the balls, which I believe, Corday needs to tell her to stuff it. But he won't.

Anyway, with
Edited by AFaithL, Jan 6 2013, 01:04 PM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I don't believe that there were ever any plans to pursue Hope/Justin seriously. Wally was always on recurring.

I don't really remember that storyline the same way, but if KA had any kind of power, why wouldn't she use it to get Hope written more sympathetically?

world50

AFaithL
Jan 6 2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks for posting that, Kenny. I loved it when Carly told Hope off and agreed with every word she said there. Hope was a complete bitch to Bo when Carly came back....and Bo hadn't done anything wrong at the time. She abandoned Bo for NO reason, took his daughter away from him, and moved in with Victor. She was terrible. By the time Bo slept with Carly, I didn't really care anymore. All I knew was that Hope was a bitch.

As for KA putting the kabosh on Hope/Justin, NO actress should have that kind of power. And yeah, I believe Crystal's version of events there, because of the rapid storyline change all of the sudden. It reminds me of Sweeney demanding her pregnancy be written into the show. These DIVA actresses need to stuff it with these stunts.

KA being jealous and bitchy that Crystal is back? I completely believe it. Bo and Carly were VERY popular back in day. And once CC and PR began having scenes again, I remember they were getting positive feedback from viewers. I can see how that would dredge up massive insecurity and jealousy. The fact is, Peter Reckell absolutely has been accepted with other leading ladies other that Kristian Alfonso. Hope, though, has never had a successful pairing outside of Bo. And I don't know if she ever will.

And if Kristian has Corday by the balls, which I believe, Corday needs to tell her to stuff it. But he won't.

Anyway, with
Maybe they need to put Dan with Hope .......then I can FF these two without any worry. :laugh:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Like 99% of everything else, the truth lies somewhere in the middle, I'm sure. Crystal seems nuts, but I venture to say Kristian has her moments, too. Unless you are someone who actually works with them day in and day out and catches them with their guards down and various moments, no matter how many fan events one goes to or how often one goes to the studio, I'm willing to think many put on their best faces for fans.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Kenny
Jan 6 2013, 11:14 AM
Becki
She even has a link in the book to a YouTube video where she and Hope come off as pissed at each other in delivering their lines in a scene. It's the scene where Hope has her hands all up in Carly's face and Carly screams "quit trying to talk over me".
I remember us saying at the time how it seemed like Kristian and Crystal really hated each other because of how believable their vitriol was in that scene.

Skip to 4:00.

Kristian rocked the hell out of that scene! She should've thrown in a surprise "improv slap" like Susan Flannery used to do on Bold and the Beautiful! :cheer:

Shick
Member Avatar

KA was in character during that scene! She was playing a woman confronting the person who was sleeping with her husband, of course it's going to get heated. CC, the paranoid person she is, took it as KA being mean to her and threw in her litte "don't talk over me" bullshit. PLEASE, she used to "talk over" Kim Zimmer all the time on Guiding Light. Seems the diva doesn't like it so much when it's done to her or when she doesn't get what she wants.

Carbo 2.0 was a FAIL. The ratings were shit at the time and a lot of fans wanted Bope back. The show decided to split up Carbo and clearly CC didn't like that...
Edited by Shick, Jan 6 2013, 06:52 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 6 2013, 12:59 PM

Anyway, with
I don't think KA has much/any power over what her storylines are. However, if actors do have some, I don't think that's a bad thing. They know their characters inside and out, whereas the writers walk through the turnstyle every few years with their own storylines in mind regardless of what happened previous to them.

However, as I say, I don't believe any actor has any kind of control over their overarching storyline in any meaningful way. Perhaps they can change a line here, a touch there, but I'd be willing to bet that's pretty much it.

KA/Hope may not have had a successful pairing outside of Bo, but they also never tried to give one to her. Larry was crazy, Franco was a criminal. I suppose Patrick is as close as it gets, but even he was always written as an interloper. And their love scene was ridiculously hot.

I'm not saying I think KA is perfect (nobody is), and yes she probably did roll her eyes at CC, and who knows if she did anything else, but I don't think the absolute truth of the situation is what's written in CC's book either.
Edited by blueskies, Jan 6 2013, 07:19 PM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

As to Kristian blocking a Hope/Justin story, Wally told fans in Boston that she did. They were asking him about his lack of story, and he told them that Justin and Hope were supposed to get together, and Kristian refused to do it, so his story and screen time went out the window.

Shick
Member Avatar

If that's true about KA nixing Justin/Hope - I want to personally thank her for that. Those two had zero chemistry. But to blame KA for Wally's lack of airtime, sorry that's not flying with me. Dena Higley could've fit him into a better storyline and she didn't.
Edited by Shick, Jan 6 2013, 07:31 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Shick
Jan 6 2013, 07:29 PM
If that's true about KA nixing Justin/Hope - I want to personally thank her for that. Those two had zero chemistry. But to blame KA for Wally's lack of airtime, sorry that's not flying with me. Dena Higley could've fit him into a better storyline and she didn't.
Whether KA nixed it or not, he was still only on recurring.

My main issue with CC is the fact that she doesn't seem to recognize that Bope is kind of a big deal for Days. I'm not saying they're unbreakable. I'm saying they're kind of a big deal, and Carly was a character that was around for a few years and barely ever mentioned again. No matter what had happened during her second round, that wasn't likely to change.

It's obvious KA and CC don't like each other. We really didn't even need a book to tell us that. It appears to be quite mutual. It's just not that big of a deal. They worked together, and there was a hierarchy of power amongst the cast (and the person who's been there for 20 + years total happened to be above her). I don't like everyone I work with either. Just like my work drama doesn't seem tell-all worthy, neither does hers. Write a book when she throws something at your head, but one-up Gloria Loring and actually name the person.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply