Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman review of Crystal Chappell's book
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 03:00 PM (12,495 Views)
AFaithL

Shick
Jan 6 2013, 07:29 PM
If that's true about KA nixing Justin/Hope - I want to personally thank her for that. Those two had zero chemistry.
I didn't think they had much chemistry either. BUT it confirms that Crystal was telling the truth about KA (confirmed by Wally). Crystal might be emotionally immature, but she did not *lie* about what KA did.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

AFaithL
Jan 6 2013, 08:06 PM
Shick
If that's true about KA nixing Justin/Hope - I want to personally thank her for that. Those two had zero chemistry.
I didn't think they had much chemistry either. BUT it confirms that Crystal was telling the truth about KA (confirmed by Wally). Crystal might be emotionally immature, but she did not *lie* about what KA did.

I'm not calling anyone a liar in here, but I'll believe Wally when I read it from him personally or hear it for myself from him. Too much "he said she said" BS going on, and CC is at the head of it all. Childish antics from her IMO.

Kriss4

Some folks really have Crystal on a pedastal, if you look at the comments in response to her book. I don't get why she would be on one. We SAW her behaving badly, and then we saw her go into deny, deny, deny mode in the hours and days following. I guess she was waiting to write her book to tell the truth so she could squeeze some money out of fans for the "true story."

Seems like a pattern, though. She admits she behaved badly during her first stint. We SAW her behave badly during her second one, too.

Does she really think everyone who was there for her first go round has amnesia? Some of the cast and crew that were there the first time are still around. They probably remember the way she behaved and weren't all that thrilled she was returning. If Crystal was unkind years ago behind the scenes, why would people roll out the welcome mat? Why wouldn't they be at least cautious or wary of her?

Edited by Kriss4, Jan 6 2013, 09:01 PM.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Shick

I agree with this. CC is a probably a little crazy, emotionally immature, and a drama queen. BUT I also don't think she's lying. I've heard a few too many stories about KA being a diva and a dragon backstage not to believe at least some of what she says. CC just needs to put her big girl panties on and realize that it's the soap world and that KA is the HBIC on that set. Crystal might belong in a looney bin, but Kristian is probably not as innocent as most people make her out to be.

Kriss4

I don't necessarily think Kristian's completely innocent, but Crystal isn't, either. So they don't like each other. Crystal sure wasn't shy about writing some tell-all book so she could point fingers. Why? For revenge? Because her behavior was so wonderful? She better be careful. There may come a day when someone decides to write a tell all and SHE'S the featured backstabber. Cuz you gotta figure with the way she behaved the first time around that not everyone over there thinks SHE'S terrific. They might decide to give her a taste of her own medicine, and it might not taste all that wonderful going down.
Edited by Kriss4, Jan 6 2013, 08:28 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jan 6 2013, 08:12 PM
Some folks really have Crystal on a pedastal, if you look at the comments in response to her book. I don't get why she would be on one. We SAW her behaving badly, and then we saw her go into deny, deny, deny mode in the hours and days following. I guess she was waiting to write her book to tell the truth so she could squeeze some money out of fans for the "true story."

Seems like a pattern, though. She admits she behaved badly during her first stint. We SAW her behave badly during her second one, too.

Does she really think everyone who was there for her first go round has amnesia? Some of the cast and crew that were there the first time are still around. They probably remember the way she behaved and weren't all that thrilled she was returning. If someone was unkind years ago behind the scenes, why would they roll out the welcome mat? Why wouldn't they be at least cautious or wary of her?

I think that's my issue with the book. I was ON twitter when everything went down, and there is no denying what happened. I give people far more leeway than they deserve, and I'm still willing to give CC quite a bit here, but since I know she was supporting NB when he went on his RIDICULOUS tirade, and then claimed to have no knowledge of it afterwards tells me that what she says isn't 100% trustworthy.

esp13
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Jan 6 2013, 08:19 PM
AFaithL
Shick

I agree with this. CC is a probably a little crazy, emotionally immature, and a drama queen. BUT I also don't think she's lying. I've heard a few too many stories about KA being a diva and a dragon backstage not to believe at least some of what she says. CC just needs to put her big girl panties on and realize that it's the soap world and that KA is the HBIC on that set. Crystal might belong in a looney bin, but Kristian is probably not as innocent as most people make her out to be.
Here's the deal for me. KA could be the biggest bitch in the world. I don't know and I don't particularly care. But CC wins no points from me when she takes her shit public in order to get fans all worked up. IMO, that's way worse than being a backstage diva. And even if it's not, it makes me feel like CC is no better. And since she's the one who has written a book trying to defend herself, it just makes her look rather hypocritical and a little pathetic.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I certainly don't think KA is a saint... but CC hasn't given me any reason to take what she says as the gospel truth, either.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

You know, we all have people that we've either worked with or are currently working with that aren't very nice people-- it's work, it is what it is. There has to come a time when you put on your big girl panties and go on! At this point, who cares who was the bigger bitch? In the grand scheme of things does it really matter? CC has now chosen to surround herself with people that she considers friends--she's doing The Grove and all of the other webseries-- good for her-- KA is still on Days-- and life goes on...

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Kriss4

Does she really think everyone who was there for her first go round has amnesia? Some of the cast and crew that were there the first time are still around. They probably remember the way she behaved and weren't all that thrilled she was returning. If someone was unkind years ago behind the scenes, why would they roll out the welcome mat? Why wouldn't they be at least cautious or wary of her?

What cracks me up is when CC goes on and on about bullying and how bad it is, but then did not disagree with Nelson Branco that night when he was saying vicious things about KA and calling her anorexic. CC has proven to be a diva, a bitch, and someone who should look into getting some serious help.

luvmysoaps

granolagirl
Jan 6 2013, 08:31 PM
I certainly don't think KA is a saint... but CC hasn't given me any reason to take what she says as the gospel truth, either.
This is where I stand as well. It is obvious they do not like each other for what ever reason and may have both done or said or acted in a way that the other might have perceived as offensive. I doubt any of it was one sided if something did go down :shrug:

luvmysoaps

Shick
Jan 6 2013, 06:45 PM
Kenny
Jan 6 2013, 11:14 AM
Becki
Jan 6 2013, 10:21 AM
She even has a link in the book to a YouTube video where she and Hope come off as pissed at each other in delivering their lines in a scene. It's the scene where Hope has her hands all up in Carly's face and Carly screams "quit trying to talk over me".
I remember us saying at the time how it seemed like Kristian and Crystal really hated each other because of how believable their vitriol was in that scene.

Skip to 4:00.

Kristian rocked the hell out of that scene! She should've thrown in a surprise "improv slap" like Susan Flannery used to do on Bold and the Beautiful! :cheer:
She sure did rock the hell out of this.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Going a few pages back ... Kristian rocked that scene of Hope confronting Carly, though I loved how the Hortons all dispersed so the two could fight in the living room. LMAO.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Shick
Jan 6 2013, 08:40 PM
Kriss4

What cracks me up is when CC goes on and on about bullying and how bad it is, but then did not disagree with Nelson Branco that night when he was saying vicious things about KA and calling her anorexic. CC has proven to be a diva, a bitch, and someone who should look into getting some serious help.
Exactly. I don't think that KA is an innocent angel by any means, and I'm sure that she can be a bitch like most other actresses can be. However, her public behavior and the way she has handled this supposed feud is heads and tails better than CC, the attention whore drama queen's, behavior has been. To say the least, CC's behavior has been bizarre and the victim act comes off as BS. If I'm reading some of this right, she not only has issues with KA, she also had issues with Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman of Guiding Light? The Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman who made up supercouple Reva and Josh? Am I really supposed to believe that CC wasn't the cause of some of these problems? Because she sure acts like it was always the other party who was the problem. CC comes off as a little touched in the head and I think she should do herself a favor and shut her mouth about all of this and let it blow over. The sooner the better.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 6 2013, 07:40 PM
Shick
If that's true about KA nixing Justin/Hope - I want to personally thank her for that. Those two had zero chemistry. But to blame KA for Wally's lack of airtime, sorry that's not flying with me. Dena Higley could've fit him into a better storyline and she didn't.
Whether KA nixed it or not, he was still only on recurring.

My main issue with CC is the fact that she doesn't seem to recognize that Bope is kind of a big deal for Days. I'm not saying they're unbreakable. I'm saying they're kind of a big deal, and Carly was a character that was around for a few years and barely ever mentioned again. No matter what had happened during her second round, that wasn't likely to change.

It's obvious KA and CC don't like each other. We really didn't even need a book to tell us that. It appears to be quite mutual. It's just not that big of a deal. They worked together, and there was a hierarchy of power amongst the cast (and the person who's been there for 20 + years total happened to be above her). I don't like everyone I work with either. Just like my work drama doesn't seem tell-all worthy, neither does hers. Write a book when she throws something at your head, but one-up Gloria Loring and actually name the person.
WUH-AIT! Someone threw something at Gloria Loring's head?
Edited by The Room Stops, Jan 7 2013, 10:09 AM.

Becki

I actually think both KA and CC probably act like Divas. They are both beautiful women, both on the same show, I think their personalities clashed. I Have only watched Days since Diana coville?( I can't remember her character last name sorry) was on but I think that KA was like the leading female character and most popular at the time so she was bound to be upset when CC came on and became popular rather quickly. Maybe she felt like CC was stealing her thunder? I know I would have been upset about that if I was KA. Also I give CC praise for owning up to her bitchiness. Everyone says she makes excuses for her behavior, they are not excuses, in my opinion, but things that she really went through. She was molested twice. Her first husband was in love with another woman the whole time they were married, she became rather famous in a shirt period of time, so yes, I give Her a pass for being a bitch. She apologizes for it. What more can she do? I don't know about the twitter stuff between the two so I cannot comment on that. Actually the book was good. I like a short memoir better than a long boring one. To me it was worth nine bucks.

Becki

Also the cover of the book, I don't know if that is really CC's body or not.
Edited by Becki, Jan 7 2013, 01:30 PM.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I'm trying to figure out if I even care about this...when the reading on this site is far more fun and entertaining and better written! :pizza: :popcorn: :soda: :

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jan 6 2013, 08:31 PM
Completely off topic but MBE looks gorgeous in that pic! She's aging so beautifully. None of this anorexic, dressing like your daughter nonsense. She just looks fabulous. Sorry, back to the thread...
Edited by BJ Deveraux, Jan 7 2013, 06:41 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Becki
Jan 7 2013, 01:28 PM
Also the cover of the book, I don't know if that is really CC's body or not.
It is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply