Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman review of Crystal Chappell's book
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 03:00 PM (12,496 Views)
Daysfanalways

Weighing in on this subject.

I agree with those who have said it's clear they just don't like each other and Crystal needs to move on.

What I find funny is the fact that Crystal's fans go all out on the their attack on Kristian. Some of the comments on the Michael Fairman page are brutal and they call her all manner of names but if we are to believe Crystal then the worst thing Kristian did was wanted Crystal off the show. Crystal however admitted that she was the worst behaved actor at Days in the 90s and her ego was out of control. That's certainly a lot worse than just ignoring a certain actor, yet Crystal's fans over look this and praise her for her honesty but attack Kristian.

There were two things that really stood out to me in the book.

The first one being that Crystal had said she had shown up on time, lines learned and ready to work as if this was something she should be praised for. I think that very line there sums up the whole book. Crystal has obviously been out of control at times, rumors of her lateness and showing up drunk and diva attitude have been around for years. So she thinks that when she does the "right" thing everyone should notice and give her a standing ovation. Meanwhile, actors like Kristian have been doing the right things for years. Whatever you may think of Kristian there has never been a rumor of her being late, not knowing her lines or being unprofessional on set, in fact if anything she and Peter are known for their hard work. And speaking from experience it becomes quite tiresome, quite quickly when you have to pander to people who expect to be thanked for doing what they are supposed to.

The second thing that stood out to me was when she said that two camps formed the Ken/Kristian camp and the Gary/Crystal camp. If we are to believe her book I don't understand why camps would be formed. I mean she says that she asked if everyone was on board with the storyline, again a thing I find odd. I understand maybe asking about Ken because she was so badly behaved the first time around, but why would you ask if everyone was on board with a story that you knew was only to play out for a year? Surely everyone would be on board for a story that would take a year to complete. So Carly comes in to cause problems between Bo and Hope, well that's classic soap writing and expected and then in the end Bo and Hope reconnect. Even Carbo fans knew that Carbo wasn't forever. So why if that was it and everyone involved with the storyline knew that it was for a year, would two camps form. And why if Kristian was rude to Crystal would Gary Tomlin become part of Crystal's camp? We've heard of lots of actors who didn't get along but we've never heard of two camps forming involving TPTB because of them. Unless Crystal isn't being quite truthful. Perhaps it became clear that Tomlin wanted Corday out and wanted Kristian out so that Carbo could stick around. Perhaps he got talking to Crystal and assured her that she would be the lead actress. Knowing the way some of Crystal's people act towards her, it wouldn't be far fetched to suggest that Tomlin probably told her everything she wanted to hear and she assumed that was the opinion of all. How disappointing for her then to find out that Bope were in fact getting back together, that Kristian was sticking around and that she wasn't going to get top actress billing.

Now if that was the scenario I can see two camps forming. But if it was simply a case of Kristian ignoring her and wanting her out, then makes zero sense to me.

It just amazes me that she throws in a claim that she'd heard Kristian had gone to Ken then states that she then went to Tomlin but that in her case it was fine because she was left with no choice.

I just find it all a bit odd.

It's filled with inconsistencies and this tell all book that we were promised amounts to an entire chapter dedicated to Kristian with no scandalous accusations or anything you could really be shocked by. It just sounds like sour grapes by an actor struggling to find that lead actor status and so she'll throw some mud on an actor she's clearly jealous of and hope it sticks.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

JDeveraux_91
Jan 7 2013, 09:34 AM
Shick
Jan 6 2013, 08:40 PM
Kriss4
Jan 6 2013, 08:12 PM
Some folks really have Crystal on a pedastal, if you look at the comments in response to her book. I don't get why she would be on one. We SAW her behaving badly, and then we saw her go into deny, deny, deny mode in the hours and days following. I guess she was waiting to write her book to tell the truth so she could squeeze some money out of fans for the "true story."

Seems like a pattern, though. She admits she behaved badly during her first stint. We SAW her behave badly during her second one, too.

Does she really think everyone who was there for her first go round has amnesia? Some of the cast and crew that were there the first time are still around. They probably remember the way she behaved and weren't all that thrilled she was returning. If someone was unkind years ago behind the scenes, why would they roll out the welcome mat? Why wouldn't they be at least cautious or wary of her?

What cracks me up is when CC goes on and on about bullying and how bad it is, but then did not disagree with Nelson Branco that night when he was saying vicious things about KA and calling her anorexic. CC has proven to be a diva, a bitch, and someone who should look into getting some serious help.
Exactly. I don't think that KA is an innocent angel by any means, and I'm sure that she can be a bitch like most other actresses can be. However, her public behavior and the way she has handled this supposed feud is heads and tails better than CC, the attention whore drama queen's, behavior has been. To say the least, CC's behavior has been bizarre and the victim act comes off as BS. If I'm reading some of this right, she not only has issues with KA, she also had issues with Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman of Guiding Light? The Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman who made up supercouple Reva and Josh? Am I really supposed to believe that CC wasn't the cause of some of these problems? Because she sure acts like it was always the other party who was the problem. CC comes off as a little touched in the head and I think she should do herself a favor and shut her mouth about all of this and let it blow over. The sooner the better.
Wonderfully put!

Cherianne

It has always appeared to me that this "feud" between Kristian and Crystal was pretty much one sided...........as in, Crystal was having a feud and Kristian was trying to rise above all this petty nonsense.

One way of another, it is pretty clear that Kristian has more class in her little finger than Crystal has in her whole body. If KA has a problem with CC, she isn't making a public spectacle of herself about it.

So "shrug"...........I don't believe a word CC says any more.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply