Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Walks Out on Marlena; Airs Week of January 7
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 08:40 PM (6,098 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The latest SOD has an article in it about John and Marlena.

At the beginning of the week, John demands to know if Marlena deliberately kept Brady and Kristen's relationships a secret from him. Marlena attempts to defend herself and explains that she was trying to protect him while also hoping Brady and Kristen's affair wouldn't escalate. John is upset because he believes they are now too deep into the relationship.

Marlena's decision to keep quiet also presents another problem to John and Marlena's marriage. Drake Hogestyn says, "It creates a dilemma about trust. When Marlena didn't confide in John that there was a situation going on with his son, she wasn't being honest with him. Marlena is the one person that John has always counted on. She is the only person that he has had total, unshakable trust in."

Meanwhile, Sami tries to make Brady see how he is betraying John and Marlena. Brady stands his ground and leaves the hospital with Kristen. Sami heads to John and Marlena's and interrupts their tense standoff. Sami is anxious to help them protect Brady, but she picks up on the tension between the couple. She becomes alarmed when she realizes John is poised to leave her mother. She protests and insists that they need to stay together to work things out.

John asserts that he needs time away from his wife and checks into a hotel. Says Hogestyn, "John needs time alone to reflect on the situation. Right now, everything that John has believed in his life, the life he knows, has been shaken to the core."

Pick up the latest SOD for all the details.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 3 2013, 08:40 PM
Sami is anxious to help them protect Brady, but she picks up on the tension between the couple. She becomes alarmed when she realizes John is poised to leave her mother. She protests and insists that they need to stay together to work things out.

Sami Gene, where have you gone? I know that she and John supposedly buried the hatchet (and then unburied it), but this should be the happiest day of her life!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

omg Sami stay the hell out of this story!

Sad about John and Marlena's temporary split. I hope they don't spend too much time a part

Keith
Member Avatar

So, wait, they do live in the penthouse still? :D

That's hat i got out of this. Also, Sami, a J&M cheerleader? What?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Oh good grief, John. You are being a hypocrite. Get over it.

Serenity 808

Spencer Hastings
Jan 3 2013, 08:43 PM
lysie
Jan 3 2013, 08:40 PM
Sami is anxious to help them protect Brady, but she picks up on the tension between the couple. She becomes alarmed when she realizes John is poised to leave her mother. She protests and insists that they need to stay together to work things out.

Sami Gene, where have you gone? I know that she and John supposedly buried the hatchet (and then unburied it), but this should be the happiest day of her life!
I know! Sami should be thrilled with this news and should be plotting to get Roman and Marlena back together.

Hopefully John and Marlena's time apart won't last too long. It's nice to see a happy couple on the show that's natural and not shoved down our throats (like Dannifer).

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

:huh: to Sami hoping Jarlena stay together. I know she's cool with them now but it's still weird. And what is up with SOD acting like Jarlena is going to break up. We all know that is NEVER going to happen.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Jan 3 2013, 08:52 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I get the situation between them but this just all seems pointless. It's nothing to walk out on your wife for. John's gotta grow a pair like the rest of the men on this show.

lysie
Member Avatar

Before I rip this article apart, I want it to be clear that I have no issue with John and Marlena splitting up.

Quote:

John demands to know if Marlena deliberately kept Brady and Kristen's relationships a secret from him.
How would she accidentally do that?
Quote:

Marlena attempts to defend herself
Seriously Marlena? Attempt? How about I help you out a little bit. John, you were talking to me like I was insane and didn't believe a thing I said. There. Not that hard.

Quote:

Marlena's decision to keep quiet also presents another problem to John and Marlena's marriage.
The real problem to their marriage is the fact that they're not married.
Quote:

Drake Hogestyn says, "It creates a dilemma about trust. When Marlena didn't confide in John that there was a situation going on with his son, she wasn't being honest with him. Marlena is the one person that John has always counted on. She is the only person that he has had total, unshakable trust in."
Except for when she was saying Kristen was a psychopath.

Quote:

Meanwhile, Sami tries to make Brady see how he is betraying John and Marlena.
Little known fact. Marlena and Roman almost named Sami, Pot Gene Brady and John and Isabella almost named Brady, Kettle Victor Black. Which is ironic because the kettle really is black.

Quote:

Sami heads to John and Marlena's and interrupts their tense standoff.
The last time she did this it was 2004 and I rather enjoyed it.
Quote:

Sami is anxious to help them protect Brady, but she picks up on the tension between the couple.
She's a quick one.
Quote:

John asserts that he needs time away from his wife and checks into a hotel.
I left all the marriage and wife quotes on purpose.
Quote:

Says Hogestyn, "John needs time alone to reflect on the situation. Right now, everything that John has believed in his life, the life he knows, has been shaken to the core."
IDK if John is a drama queen or if Drake is.

I really wish they'd give Marlena the chance to leave instead. Even back in 1997 it drove me crazy that she just went running straight to him after years of him being an idiot while she kept being kidnapped and stuff. She warned him about Kristen, and he didn't listen. Let her walk out for once.

andromeda
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 3 2013, 08:47 PM
Oh good grief, John. You are being a hypocrite. Get over it.
:hail:

andromeda
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 3 2013, 08:49 PM
I get the situation between them but this just all seems pointless. It's nothing to walk out on your wife for. John's gotta grow a pair like the rest of the men on this show.
It's just lazy writing and a poor excuse for *drama*. These writers don't give a shit whether or not it makes sense.

It's so fucking lame. If anybody should be mad, it should be Marlena.

hops
Member Avatar

I understand they want conflict, but just don't get this...John wasn't exactly forthright with Marlena either and Marlena tried to tell John what Kristen was doing...and now Sami wanting them to stay together? I have to say I was happy today that it seemed their family (John, Marlena, Eric, Sami, Brady) for once got some family scenes, but I hope this just wasn't to install Sami and Eric into the storyline and take John and Marlena out. It would be nice to see this family as just that...a family like any other on the show.

Ireland98

Another contrived conflict. :eyeroll:

Keith
Member Avatar

So much yes to Marlena being the one who should walk out. She's been warning John for months. Would he have even listened if she HAD told the truth?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

andromeda
Member Avatar

Ireland98
Jan 3 2013, 09:03 PM
Another contrived conflict. :eyeroll:
You can say that again.

AFaithL

Exactly. John is acting like this "poor me" wounded person. If anyone has a right to be pissed off, it's Marlena. John had been an ass to her for months. He should be wooing her and treating her like a Queen to make up for not believing her about Kristen. But instead he has the audacity to walk out? Whatever, John. Get back to me when you decide to own up to your own mistakes.

andromeda
Member Avatar

Keith
Jan 3 2013, 09:06 PM
So much yes to Marlena being the one who should walk out. She's been warning John for months. Would he have even listened if she HAD told the truth?
But no, he gets to say "sorry" and all is forgiven. John's betrayal was far worse, if we are going to look at it this way. The freaking woman tried to kill his wife, she put her through hell for over a year, caused her so much pain and John gave her a free pass. He has some gall walking out on Marlena now (for essentially wanting to protect him even after he was such an ass).

I just hate what these writers are doing to John and Marlena. Sorry, but it bears repeating.

annie21

Quote:

Drake Hogestyn says, "It creates a dilemma about trust. When Marlena didn't confide in John that there was a situation going on with his son, she wasn't being honest with him. Marlena is the one person that John has always counted on. She is the only person that he has had total, unshakable trust in."

Sounds nice, Drake, except that the main reason Marlena didn't confide in John is that she couldn't trust HIM.

andromeda
Member Avatar

Not to mention the fact that every time Marlena raised her concerns, John was a complete asshole, questioning her sanity and being a rude and obnoxious prick. UGH to the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 degree.

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't like that John is the one to walk out instead of Marlena, but since he is, we damn well better get a scene of Kristen smugly gloating to Marlena.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply