Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Walks Out on Marlena; Airs Week of January 7
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 08:40 PM (6,100 Views)
annie21

Do you think the writers set it up this way because having John leave instead of Marlena would get fans riled up and talking? I guess I'd rather believe that rationale than that they're doing it in order to backburner John and take him out of the story. Either way, as has been noted, it's a contrived move, no question.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

andromeda
Jan 3 2013, 08:58 PM
KMan101
Jan 3 2013, 08:49 PM
I get the situation between them but this just all seems pointless. It's nothing to walk out on your wife for. John's gotta grow a pair like the rest of the men on this show.
It's just lazy writing and a poor excuse for *drama*. These writers don't give a shit whether or not it makes sense.

It's so fucking lame. If anybody should be mad, it should be Marlena.
Yeah, that was what I was pretty much going to say, it is all that. Lazy writing and a poor excuse for some drama. Completely agree. There won't be any real split. I mean, we know what happens on this show months from now so how can we even invest in anything :shrug: Like Chloe's return. We already know she's done and she hasn't even aired yet :drunk:
Edited by KMan101, Jan 3 2013, 09:21 PM.

Diamonde

I figured that was coming next.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Whoa,rewind,I think I have had a small stroke,SAMI BRADY,the same SAMI BRADY that has been obsessed with hating John and was once obsessed about her parents getting back together is saying John and Marlena should stay together,OMG,I never thought I would live long enough to see that,now I am shocked.

John is being hypocritical,like he has never kept a large secret before,his 1999 honeymoon secret springs to mind,hmm.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jan 3 2013, 09:27 PM.

andromeda
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 3 2013, 09:14 PM
I don't like that John is the one to walk out instead of Marlena, but since he is, we damn well better get a scene of Kristen smugly gloating to Marlena.
I would just love a good angsty scene where John and Marlena make up. But these writers don't believe in giving J&M fans any payoffs. In fact, it looks like they are going to stick it to us good.

And the week after next, John still "needs more time" to get over himself. :blah: :drunk:

andromeda
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 3 2013, 09:16 PM
Do you think the writers set it up this way because having John leave instead of Marlena would get fans riled up and talking? I guess I'd rather believe that rationale than that they're doing it in order to backburner John and take him out of the story. Either way, as has been noted, it's a contrived move, no question.

I'd believe that Annie, if this storyline was about J&M at all. At this point, it looks like they are just going to sideline J&M. They don't give a shit what the J&M fans want.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Sami supporting J/M is weird. John acting like he would have given a damn about a Brady/Kristen relationship earlier, when he was OK with Kristen, is weird.

For me this is another example of how this show is very...you either shut off the brain and roll with it, or you don't. I'm not sure where I fall with this particular story, because it's not all that interesting imho.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Maybe she didnt tell ya John because u have exactly been nicely receptive to anything Marlena says reguarding the Dimera skank.

AFaithL

Marlena didn't walk out on him when he kept subsex a secret from her. Or when he was allowing Brady to be an asshole to her, making her feel unsafe in her own home. Or when he "broke trust" by putting a tracking device in her purse because he thought she would sleep with Tony.

Man up, John.

CatherineEarnshaw

Stupid. Logically John should apologize. To watch thus show you must have amnesia what happened on the previous show!

AFaithL

CatherineEarnshaw
Jan 3 2013, 09:50 PM
Stupid. Logically John should apologize. To watch thus show you must have amnesia what happened on the previous show!
John apologized today. In John's eyes, though, Marlena's apology isn't enough. Even though HE was the bigger jerk. It's John-logic 101. :rolleyes:

six
Member Avatar

I wish Marlena would pack John'a bags and point him toward the door.

Also, show, Eric is here and he's a priest* so maybe he could play the good Evans child, now.

*autocorrect really wanted to type "prettiest" instead. Apparently it appreciates Eric, too.

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm in the "shut off the brain and go with it" mode. I don't mind John leaving. I'm chalking it up to a combo of being upset that Marlena didn't tell him and feeling like an idiot and (like his son) blaming somebody else. As long as Marlena doesn't grovel, I'm good with it. And the possibilty of Kristen gloating just makes it better.

As for Sami suddenly being a J&M supporter, I'm actually okay with that too. Primarily because it's way past time for her to drop that crap. Maybe it's "out of character" but it's an aspect of her character that grew tiresome about 15 years ago so I'll chalk it up to the writers making an unintentional positive change for once.

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 3 2013, 10:11 PM
I'm in the "shut off the brain and go with it" mode. I don't mind John leaving. I'm chalking it up to a combo of being upset that Marlena didn't tell him and feeling like an idiot and (like his son) blaming somebody else. As long as Marlena doesn't grovel, I'm good with it. And the possibilty of Kristen gloating just makes it better.

As for Sami suddenly being a J&M supporter, I'm actually okay with that too. Primarily because it's way past time for her to drop that crap. Maybe it's "out of character" but it's an aspect of her character that grew tiresome about 15 years ago so I'll chalk it up to the writers making an unintentional positive change for once.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's going to grovel, but maybe I'll be wrong. I'd still rather she be the one to leave, though.

I don't think it's out of character for Tomlin's Sami. Vehemently hating John/Marlena is a JER/MarDar thing.

AFaithL

Ugh. I hope she doesn't grovel.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 3 2013, 10:17 PM
Ugh. I hope she doesn't grovel.
This is Days. 9 times out of 10, the woman will eventually grovel and go crawling back, no matter what the circumstance.

blueskies
Member Avatar

John goes to a hotel? Well, we all know there's only ONE hotel in Salem! Let me guess, John's gonna get the room right below Kristen's. Yup, calling it now...

talbab1994
Member Avatar

They aren't married, right?

This is how they're going to take John and Marlena out of the loop with Kristin and Brady? WOW and not a good WOW either.....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

WTF? This is so stupid.

am103
Member Avatar

Add me to the list of those who think it's dumb that John is the one walking out. Marlena should throw a big fat "I TOLD YOU SO!" in his face. Seriously, she told him from the get-go that Kristen was back to stir up trouble and he stood there like an idiot saying "Doh?"

And even if John thinks Marlena was keeping the affair a secret from him for selfish purposes, as Kristen so eloquently put the other day, "Brady is a grown ass man!" It's his option to share the details of his sex life with others, not Marlena's.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply