Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Walks Out on Marlena; Airs Week of January 7
Topic Started: Jan 3 2013, 08:40 PM (5,880 Views)
Jane083

I am happy that Sami is attempting to support Jarlena. I am so ready for Sami to grow up but the writers always move her one step forward and five steps back. How many times has she came to terms with John and then done a total about face and hates him and her mother all over again. It is so OLD!! None of the fans have forgotten how she named her son, Johnny, after John. None of us have forgotten how she told John of her love for him and how he had been a wonderful father to her when he lie in a coma.
I like a spunky Sami but the tirade the writers have her unleash on her mother and John in the past year has been totally irrational. Let the girl finally become an adult. She is not sixteen anymore.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Quote:

John asserts that he needs time away from his wife and checks into a hotel. Says Hogestyn, "John needs time alone to reflect on the situation

Posted Image

Lol I'm not understanding why he's mad, it's not like Marlena hasnt been trying to warn his dumb ass. :shrug:
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Jan 4 2013, 02:47 AM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Much of Sami's hatred of J&M was built on her love for her father and Tomlin's Sami doesn't seem to care about her dad at all. So it makes sense she now treats herself like a J&M child although she has never identified herself that way.
Edited by Aliaron, Jan 4 2013, 03:06 AM.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

John and Marlena are on my screen, interacting with Kristen Blake DiMera. This storyline may not be perfect, their involvement in this A-storyline may only be brief.

I'ma take what I've been given and not complain about it.

Thank you, Tomsell, for this at least. Expectations are low - so please Drake and Deidre, knock it out of the park while we still have you.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

John being upset with Marlena - let alone leaving her - is preposterous in this situation. He is the one who continuously gave her the brush-off about Kristen and demonstrated an extraordinary lack of empathy. Marlena possibly should have told John what she knew so that they could work together to deal with it, but the fact that she didn't doesn't make her responsible for Bristen's relationship escalating. He may ACT like an insufferable child, but Brady is in fact a grown man. He can't be told what to do and John can't bring him to heel. This incarnation of John doesn't deserve Marlena.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Jane083
Jan 4 2013, 02:22 AM
I am happy that Sami is attempting to support Jarlena. I am so ready for Sami to grow up but the writers always move her one step forward and five steps back. How many times has she came to terms with John and then done a total about face and hates him and her mother all over again. It is so OLD!! None of the fans have forgotten how she named her son, Johnny, after John. None of us have forgotten how she told John of her love for him and how he had been a wonderful father to her when he lie in a coma.
I like a spunky Sami but the tirade the writers have her unleash on her mother and John in the past year has been totally irrational. Let the girl finally become an adult. She is not sixteen anymore.
She may not be sixteen anymore,but she does still act like she is sometimes.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Keith
Jan 3 2013, 09:06 PM
So much yes to Marlena being the one who should walk out. She's been warning John for months. Would he have even listened if she HAD told the truth?
No, he would not. She tried to tell him Kristen would use his son.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Not to even mention the fact that Brady was far in with Kristen before Marlena ever found out.

Lil
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 3 2013, 08:40 PM
The latest SOD has an article in it about John and Marlena.

At the beginning of the week, John demands to know if Marlena deliberately kept Brady and Kristen's relationships a secret from him. Marlena attempts to defend herself and explains that she was trying to protect him while also hoping Brady and Kristen's affair wouldn't escalate. John is upset because he believes they are now too deep into the relationship.

Marlena's decision to keep quiet also presents another problem to John and Marlena's marriage. Drake Hogestyn says, "It creates a dilemma about trust. When Marlena didn't confide in John that there was a situation going on with his son, she wasn't being honest with him. Marlena is the one person that John has always counted on. She is the only person that he has had total, unshakable trust in."

Meanwhile, Sami tries to make Brady see how he is betraying John and Marlena. Brady stands his ground and leaves the hospital with Kristen. Sami heads to John and Marlena's and interrupts their tense standoff. Sami is anxious to help them protect Brady, but she picks up on the tension between the couple. She becomes alarmed when she realizes John is poised to leave her mother. She protests and insists that they need to stay together to work things out.

John asserts that he needs time away from his wife and checks into a hotel. Says Hogestyn, "John needs time alone to reflect on the situation. Right now, everything that John has believed in his life, the life he knows, has been shaken to the core."

Pick up the latest SOD for all the details.
Why Sami? For fuck's sake, she never gave a SHIT about John & Marlena before. It would make so much more sense if Eric reacted that way. UGH> The one storyline I am enjoying and they have to insert that Cunt-Beast right in the middle of it.

And John shouldn't be walking out on Marlena...they should be teaming up and standing stronger than ever to fight their common enemy.

(Thanks for posting tho)

Lil
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 3 2013, 08:53 PM
Before I rip this article apart, I want it to be clear that I have no issue with John and Marlena splitting up.

Quote:

John demands to know if Marlena deliberately kept Brady and Kristen's relationships a secret from him.
How would she accidentally do that?
Quote:

Marlena attempts to defend herself
Seriously Marlena? Attempt? How about I help you out a little bit. John, you were talking to me like I was insane and didn't believe a thing I said. There. Not that hard.

Quote:

Marlena's decision to keep quiet also presents another problem to John and Marlena's marriage.
The real problem to their marriage is the fact that they're not married.
Quote:

Drake Hogestyn says, "It creates a dilemma about trust. When Marlena didn't confide in John that there was a situation going on with his son, she wasn't being honest with him. Marlena is the one person that John has always counted on. She is the only person that he has had total, unshakable trust in."
Except for when she was saying Kristen was a psychopath.

Quote:

Meanwhile, Sami tries to make Brady see how he is betraying John and Marlena.
Little known fact. Marlena and Roman almost named Sami, Pot Gene Brady and John and Isabella almost named Brady, Kettle Victor Black. Which is ironic because the kettle really is black.

Quote:

Sami heads to John and Marlena's and interrupts their tense standoff.
The last time she did this it was 2004 and I rather enjoyed it.
Quote:

Sami is anxious to help them protect Brady, but she picks up on the tension between the couple.
She's a quick one.
Quote:

John asserts that he needs time away from his wife and checks into a hotel.
I left all the marriage and wife quotes on purpose.
Quote:

Says Hogestyn, "John needs time alone to reflect on the situation. Right now, everything that John has believed in his life, the life he knows, has been shaken to the core."
IDK if John is a drama queen or if Drake is.

I really wish they'd give Marlena the chance to leave instead. Even back in 1997 it drove me crazy that she just went running straight to him after years of him being an idiot while she kept being kidnapped and stuff. She warned him about Kristen, and he didn't listen. Let her walk out for once.
This is a make-outable post right here! :hail:

Lil
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 3 2013, 09:14 PM
I don't like that John is the one to walk out instead of Marlena, but since he is, we damn well better get a scene of Kristen smugly gloating to Marlena.
and a "Mar-LAYYYY-nuh!!" finally, please!

Lil
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jan 4 2013, 07:14 AM
Jane083
Jan 4 2013, 02:22 AM
She may not be sixteen anymore,but she does still act like she is sometimes.
Sometimes? lol

annie21

The Room Stops
Jan 4 2013, 09:25 AM
Not to even mention the fact that Brady was far in with Kristen before Marlena ever found out.
Yep. You could even say that Brady was far in with Kristen WHEN Marlena found out.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

John puts Marlena on a high pestal too much.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jan 4 2013, 11:58 AM
John puts Marlena on a high pestal too much.
Not since November, lol.

Tammy
Member Avatar

You know what I see when I read this? This is a lame excuse to put John in close proximity to Brady and Kristen... by moving John into the hotel! How much do you want to bet his room is right across the hall from Kristens?

I prefer when Sami is civil to John and Marlena... be her overtly being a cheerleader is a bit much! So help me if I see Sami playing matchmaker trying to get John and Marlena together I will scream!

And while I agree that John is being a over-reacting, hypocritical douche... Marlena isn't exactly being truthful with her reasons for not telling him about Brady and Kristen. I mean tptb have driven the point home through Marlena's dialogue that she though, "If Kristen is sleeping with Brady that would keep her from sleeping with John!"

:shame:

hops
Member Avatar

Lil
Jan 4 2013, 10:03 AM
lysie
Jan 3 2013, 08:40 PM
The latest SOD has an article in it about John and Marlena.

At the beginning of the week, John demands to know if Marlena deliberately kept Brady and Kristen's relationships a secret from him. Marlena attempts to defend herself and explains that she was trying to protect him while also hoping Brady and Kristen's affair wouldn't escalate. John is upset because he believes they are now too deep into the relationship.

Marlena's decision to keep quiet also presents another problem to John and Marlena's marriage. Drake Hogestyn says, "It creates a dilemma about trust. When Marlena didn't confide in John that there was a situation going on with his son, she wasn't being honest with him. Marlena is the one person that John has always counted on. She is the only person that he has had total, unshakable trust in."

Meanwhile, Sami tries to make Brady see how he is betraying John and Marlena. Brady stands his ground and leaves the hospital with Kristen. Sami heads to John and Marlena's and interrupts their tense standoff. Sami is anxious to help them protect Brady, but she picks up on the tension between the couple. She becomes alarmed when she realizes John is poised to leave her mother. She protests and insists that they need to stay together to work things out.

John asserts that he needs time away from his wife and checks into a hotel. Says Hogestyn, "John needs time alone to reflect on the situation. Right now, everything that John has believed in his life, the life he knows, has been shaken to the core."

Pick up the latest SOD for all the details.
Why Sami? For fuck's sake, she never gave a SHIT about John & Marlena before. It would make so much more sense if Eric reacted that way. UGH> The one storyline I am enjoying and they have to insert that Cunt-Beast right in the middle of it.

And John shouldn't be walking out on Marlena...they should be teaming up and standing stronger than ever to fight their common enemy.

(Thanks for posting tho)
Couldn't agree more!! "And John shouldn't be walking out on Marlena...they should be teaming up and standing stronger than ever to fight their common enemy." I was hoping that was what was going to happen....not Sami taking over. :(

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

You know what I see when I read this? This is a lame excuse to put John in close proximity to Brady and Kristen... by moving John into the hotel! How much do you want to bet his room is right across the hall from Kristens?

...maybe that's the idea and J/M are staging the whole thing. This way John can be close and keep an eye on his kid, and Kristen might back off if she thinks she's winning.

annie21

Well, it would fit the general pattern Tomlin has of having two parties in conflict suddenly move in together (e.g., Jennifer/Nicole) or live next to each other. To me, it's just a lazy way to have the two interact instead of having to come up with ways for them to bump into each other at HTS or at the hospital.

But since we know that this soon will be a Brady/Kristen/Nicole/Eric story, they could just as easily stick John at a seedy motel on the edge of town (and thus far away from the action). We'll see.

Ernesto
Member Avatar

For crying out loud, keep fucking Sami out of the John/Marlena story!

The only good thing that could possibly come from inserting Sami into this storyline would be if Kristen manages to kill the character off once and for all! If Kristen could succeed at that, Salemites should give her the fucking key to the city!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply