Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 4 2013, 04:54 AM (13,161 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

May I ask, what is the sentiment on Facebook? I refuse to go there but if someone could sum up I'd appreciate it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 4 2013, 05:17 PM
Take some advice from your mother.

I could absolutely sob.
Crazy K - Kristen's new nickname! Thanks John Black.

Boy, Kristen is a special kind of deluded.

bomber
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 4 2013, 07:29 PM
May I ask, what is the sentiment on Facebook? I refuse to go there but if someone could sum up I'd appreciate it.
haven't checked today but as a general guide:
Kristen is horrible.

Dan is so hotttttt

WilSon is so disgusting

Nicole is so crazy

Ejami are so wonderful

And a million: Aren't Dan and Jen related?
Edited by bomber, Jan 4 2013, 07:53 PM.

cord08

bomber
Jan 4 2013, 07:52 PM
blueskies
Kristen is horrible.

Dan is so hotttttt

WilSon is so disgusting

Nicole is so crazy

Ejami are so wonderful

So, largely the opposite sentiments of this board? LOL.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

bomber
blueskies
Kristen is horrible.

Dan is so hotttttt

WilSon is so disgusting

Nicole is so crazy

Ejami are so wonderful

That pretty much sums it up. They (the FB commenters) hate Kristen in about the same proportion that DR loves her. They also spew a lot of virulent hate towards Will/Sonny. It's practically a Twilight Zone or Bizarro World for soap commentary over there.
Edited by LonePirate, Jan 4 2013, 08:05 PM.

annie21

bomber
blueskies
Kristen is horrible.

Dan is so hotttttt

WilSon is so disgusting

Nicole is so crazy

Ejami are so wonderful

Yep, that's a pretty good summary.

The last one cracks me up. I'm absolutely convinced that there are a couple of trolls who keep periodically dropping that into every thread. It's pretty clear that it's basically the same one or two people over and over just innocently questioning, "If Jennifer calls Maggie "Aunt" and Daniel calls her "Mother," then that makes them cousins. That's so wrong." lol. And of course, EVERY TIME, someobody patiently or not so patiently points out the error of their ways. I once scanned a thread there that had several hundred comments, and close to 10 percent of them (maybe more) involved this so-called misunderstanding. Back and forth, back and forth. You would think people would catch on after a while.

(Btw, I recently saw this same troll on a comments page for an article about Chloe's return.)

annie21

LonePirate
Jan 4 2013, 08:03 PM
bomber
blueskies
Kristen is horrible.

Dan is so hotttttt

WilSon is so disgusting

Nicole is so crazy

Ejami are so wonderful

That pretty much sums it up. They (the FB commenters) hate Kristen in about the same proportion that DR loves her. They also spew a lot of virulent hate towards Will/Sonny. It's practically a Twilight Zone or Bizarro World for soap commentary over there.
What's sad to me is that, with the exception of the anti-Wison and are-Dan-and-Jen-related posts, the reactions are pretty much the ones that the show wants viewers to have and is trying to provoke. It's distressing to someone like me who thinks the writing is shallow, lazy, and atrocious. (Of course, the anti-Wilson stuff is distressing for a whole other set of reasons.)

Edited by annie21, Jan 4 2013, 08:12 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

bomber
blueskies
Kristen is horrible.

Dan is so hotttttt

WilSon is so disgusting

Nicole is so crazy

Ejami are so wonderful

Oh god that's just scary! :o reminding me once again why I don't go there...,people be crazy.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
"Kill that whore Kristen"

"John and Marlena are so boring"

"There shouldn't be an openly gay couple on tv because it distorts our young kids"

"Dannifer is so cute!"

"Sami/Rafe/EJ are so entertaining and I can't wait to see what happens next!"

"Sami is my favorite. she should have more screen time!"

"Nicole is boring. Just kill her off"

"Gabi and Nick are the new It couple! I'm so glad they're getting married and raising the baby together and away from Will"

Those are actual quotes that I just copied and pasted from numerous DOOL photos that were posted on their official FB page.

Scary isn't it?

KMan101
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jan 4 2013, 08:22 PM
blueskies

"There shouldn't be an openly gay couple on tv because it distorts our young kids"

"Dannifer is so cute!"

"Gabi and Nick are the new It couple! I'm so glad they're getting married and raising the baby together and away from Will"

Those are actual quotes that I just copied and pasted from numerous DOOL photos that were posted on their official FB page.

Scary isn't it?
Wow.

I'm honestly disturbed by some of those.

:drunk:

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 4 2013, 04:29 PM
I love EJ and Kristen's sibling bond. EJ should NEVER turn his back on his sister or father! Ever! I will hate him if he does! The Dimera family must remain united!
And herein lies the problem with Sami. She wants him far far away from them!

Bee
Member Avatar

I know that every episode can't be as good as the Kristen/John/Brady/Marlena meltdown but can't every episode be as good at the Kristen/John/Brady/Marlena meltdown? Today's episode felt like coming to a grinding halt on an open expressway. Ugh.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 4 2013, 08:26 PM
Panda Panda
blueskies

"Dannifer is so cute!"

Scary isn't it?
Wow.

I'm honestly disturbed by some of those.

:drunk:
It's crazy. I'm not sure what I find more alarming the homophobia or the Dannifer love. Okay, the homophobia. But Dannifer love is a close second.

michelle
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Jan 4 2013, 03:00 PM
michelle
Jan 4 2013, 02:25 PM
She stole Sami's kid.

Maybe she gave her a free pass.
I'm pretty sure Nicole spent time in jail for what she did. Two wrongs don't make a right.
She was in jail for a hot minute. Had she stolen my kid, she'd be 6 feet under.

And the grief sex was not deliberate or done deliberately. It was just a crazy thing that happened between two people grieving.

Had Nicole had a brain in her head, she would have FORGIVEN him and maybe celebrating the new year with EJ and their child right now.

Instead, she's stuck in a convent playing footsie with Eric, playing besties with Rafe and pining for the Man who's Tan.
Edited by michelle, Jan 5 2013, 09:34 AM.

deletemyaccountplease

Spot on!!

Lots of John and marlena complaints

deletemyaccountplease

"Chloe is so beautiful!!!!! When is she coming back I can't wait!!!"

AFaithL

Just watched. John's faux "outrage" at Marlena was annoying as hell. Dude sure has a selective memory when it comes to loyalty. He mocked her and emotionally abandoned her for months. He doesn't GET to be angry.

What I wanted most was Kristen to tell him that Brady was a much, much, much better lover than John ever was. Just to see John's massive ego deflate like a balloon.

Kristen to John: "Well, after being with Brady, I've compared y'all. No offense John, but you rank lower than Brady on the sex appeal scale. He's amazing. You are just....eh."

LOL at Sami busting on Bristen. I hope Kristen reads her the riot act.

I fucking loved Rafe calling Sami out on her shit. Awesome. Enjoyed that kiss, too.

Chloe! Nadia Bjorlin looked gorgeous.
Edited by AFaithL, Jan 4 2013, 09:01 PM.

papa

The John/Marlena/Brady/Kristen story is what's keeping me watching, but I could care less about Kristen having real feelings for Brady. It's just fun to watch how delusional Kristen is and antipating how the twisted world she lives in is going to blow up.

papa

Is anybody really going to feel sorry for Brady once the lightbulb finally goes off in his head and he realizes Kristen has played him like fiddle?
Edited by papa, Jan 4 2013, 09:42 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
blueskies

"Dannifer is so cute!"

Scary isn't it?
Why scary? Other than the anti-gay stuff (which is nasty), it's just fans that like/dislike different characters, couples or stories. Nothing wrong with that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply