Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 4 2013, 04:54 AM (13,156 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 4 2013, 09:51 PM
Panda Panda
Jan 4 2013, 08:22 PM
blueskies
Jan 4 2013, 07:29 PM
May I ask, what is the sentiment on Facebook? I refuse to go there but if someone could sum up I'd appreciate it.
"Kill that whore Kristen"

"John and Marlena are so boring"

"There shouldn't be an openly gay couple on tv because it distorts our young kids"

"Dannifer is so cute!"

"Sami/Rafe/EJ are so entertaining and I can't wait to see what happens next!"

"Sami is my favorite. she should have more screen time!"

"Nicole is boring. Just kill her off"

"Gabi and Nick are the new It couple! I'm so glad they're getting married and raising the baby together and away from Will"

Those are actual quotes that I just copied and pasted from numerous DOOL photos that were posted on their official FB page.

Scary isn't it?
Why scary? Other than the anti-gay stuff (which is nasty), it's just fans that like/dislike different characters, couples or stories. Nothing wrong with that.
Thank you.

And while no one has crossed the line yet, we're dangerously close to it. There are mostly likely people on this board who share many of these opinions, and it's against our rules to mock them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TinaJagger11
Member Avatar

Would have been awesome to read the comments on a FB page had it been around in the 90's... especially for the Possession storyline.

On another note - anyone else notice how tan everyone on the show is? Is it the lighting? And it's so funny that the writers are really piling it on w/ all the cussing lately :wtf:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 4 2013, 05:24 PM
fenderbabe
Jan 4 2013, 01:27 PM
I physically bounce when she comes on screen. Watching ED this past week prompted me to go on a youtube binge of the John/Kristen storyline... HOW did I not realize her bitchy greatness before? HOW?
Obviously you haven't read any of my posts over the last 14 years or you would've known what a fabulous bitch she is, LoL. I've been shouting it from the rooftops for years!

Meanwhile, here are some of the best Kristen clips from ED's first run that you might enjoy. The first spoiler tag has the clips embedded, the second spoiler tag just has the links.

fenderbabe

While I certainly don't know the whole backstory, it surprised the hell out of me to learn how John HOUNDED Kristen when she first came into town. I really can't blame her for losing it if he really dropped her for Marlena after that.
It didn't happen quite like that. John didn't leave Kristen until after he found out everything she had done, but he did keep it a secret that he was still in love with Marlena and was basically using Kristen as a placeholder. It wasn't until Aremid when John's feelings for Marlena really became apparent, when Kristen doubted his innocence (Tony committed suicide and framed John for his "murder") and Marlena stood by his side through the trial. That was when he wrote the letter confessing his love for Marlena, which Kristen intercepted and kept from her. By that time, Kristen was pregnant and she wasn't willing to give up John, so she helped Stefano kidnap Marlena to get her out of the picture, and later she faked her pregnancy after having a miscarriage. She also helped her brother Peter fake his death and frame Jack for his "murder." When Marlena discovered the truth about everything (including the fact that the baby Kristen was passing off as hers and John's belonged to someone else), Kristen locked her in the secret room to keep her quiet. It wasn't until after Marlena was rescued that Kristen was exposed (on her wedding day, no less) and John left her.
Haha I think I was always too preoccupied loving Kate. You were right all along, Kristen is what soaps are made of! It's a lot to hunt down old storylines online so thank you for posting those links.

Reading through your summary (yikes!), it's clear Kristen is no angel. Bottom line, I can understand why she's bitter towards John after she was SO reluctant to get involved with him on day one.

Side note, since I'm pretty superficial, ED has been looking INSANE lately. She's definitely has strong features, but still very dainty and feminine. Plus, her body. I mean, come on. If I was Brady I'd probably have goo for brains, too.

Kerenush
Member Avatar

In my opinion today was meh...
I enjoyed Marlena/Brady conv. It was nice to see her concerning for him... but on the other hand, Kristian and John conv was ok... couldn't care less... though I love seeing Kristian making Marlena jealous, i think I am kinda over it by now.
I am tired of Rafe bashing Sami. I wish she just pushed him away. The fast the better. Their kisses were utterly gross that I had to switch to watch Dr. Oz instead. Never liked them first third or even forth times.
I enjoyed Chad/Abby. I liked them first time around so I am fine with the second time around.
Dannifer were boring today as usual. Couldn't care less why Daniel had to move their date. The whole dinner preparation was way too cheesy with spilling wine and having to change. Well, I wasn't surprised to see Chloe at the door and frankly, couldn't care less either.
I thought this episode didn't match my expectation with the other episodes this week...

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 4 2013, 10:00 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 4 2013, 09:51 PM
Panda Panda
Jan 4 2013, 08:22 PM
blueskies
Jan 4 2013, 07:29 PM
May I ask, what is the sentiment on Facebook? I refuse to go there but if someone could sum up I'd appreciate it.
"Kill that whore Kristen"

"John and Marlena are so boring"

"There shouldn't be an openly gay couple on tv because it distorts our young kids"

"Dannifer is so cute!"

"Sami/Rafe/EJ are so entertaining and I can't wait to see what happens next!"

"Sami is my favorite. she should have more screen time!"

"Nicole is boring. Just kill her off"

"Gabi and Nick are the new It couple! I'm so glad they're getting married and raising the baby together and away from Will"

Those are actual quotes that I just copied and pasted from numerous DOOL photos that were posted on their official FB page.

Scary isn't it?
Why scary? Other than the anti-gay stuff (which is nasty), it's just fans that like/dislike different characters, couples or stories. Nothing wrong with that.
Thank you.

And while no one has crossed the line yet, we're dangerously close to it. There are mostly likely people on this board who share many of these opinions, and it's against our rules to mock them.
Sorry, that was my fault I asked them to post what the differing opinions were.

esp13
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 4 2013, 08:37 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Jan 4 2013, 03:00 PM
michelle
Jan 4 2013, 02:25 PM
She stole Sami's kid.

Maybe she gave her a free pass.
I'm pretty sure Nicole spent time in jail for what she did. Two wrongs don't make a right.
She was in jail for a hot minute. Had she stolen my kid, she'd be 6 feet under.

And the grief sex was not deliberate or done deliberately. It was just a crazy thing that happened between two people grieving.

Had Nicole had a brain in her head, she would have FORGIVEN him and maybe celebrating the new year with EJ their child right now.

Instead, she's stuck in a convent playing footsie with Eric, playing besties with Rafe and pining for the Man who's Tan.
And the really sad thing is that as ridiculous as EJ has become I honestly believe Nicole is better off. Especially when it comes to playing footsie with Eric.

am103
Member Avatar

I keep laughing at that very last scene with Chloe and Daniel. I get that he's shocked to see her and it's supposed to be a cliffhanger, but does anyone really stand in the doorway, before any kind of conversation begins, and just stare at the other person silently and awkwardly? I mean, Chloe even looked away and everything. No hello, nothing.

I don't know. I'm ranting, lol. It just came across as really awkward to me, not really an explosive entrance for a fan-favorite character.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

A mention of Cassie and Rex by Kate - whaaa! I thought that was something everyone just pretended never happened.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Kristen.. WOW.. I love her .. love her hate and frankly I love her with with Brady. I pray to the soaps gods that this does not end with kristen going back to John. Kristen and Brady is gold together and she deserves some happiness.. but Brady is bound to find out I guess. Hope he never does.

Sami,.. I am sorry but I hated the Rafe scenes. So unlike him.. and I got the feeling Rafe thought he had won her over. Hopefully she does not fall for it. But I am torned... as much as I want to have EJAMI as a couple I do not want EJ to be a wuss as he is now. And I want Sami to accept EJ for whom he is just as he does "accept" Sami. I want her to do the chasing for a while.. and to be really honest I want EJ to be with some else for a while.. LIke Abby. I am sure some interesting stories could be made from that union.

Chloe.. love to see her BUT I am so disappointed if THIS is why they brought her back. For Daniel? Doesn't he already have half the female cast dripping all over him already?
Edited by DayDreamer, Jan 5 2013, 05:06 AM.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

This episode felt short to me, which means I must have enjoyed it.

Kristen is amazeballs. I can't believe for a second hat ED would rather be playing boring frigid Ashley Abbott - whoever says that can't be watching her scenes on DAYS. A blessing for this show she is.

I loved Kristen rattling off the names of John's past lovers. I thought not mentioning Rebecca Morrison was a glaring omission given John started pining for Kristen while dating her.

Chloe - amped up the beauty (if that is possible), amped up the vacant expressions (if that is possible)...

I quite like Abby and the actress that plays her - now if only she had a real story...

I'm quite curious about where they are going with Kate. Cancer, Chloe, kids, Stefano, fallout from Wabi baby - where they taking her?

blueskies
Member Avatar

Ok, I have to admit, if I didn't know anything about Jennifer's past, and if I especially didn't know anything about Daniel's ridiculous past, I have to say, I'd think they were really cute. But I do know, so that's that. I'll never forget Dan walking into Bo Brady's house with his (presumably) 20 year old daughter as her *date*. I've despised him since then.
Edited by blueskies, Jan 5 2013, 10:04 AM.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

I will maintain that Melissa Reeves is an attractive woman for her age (minus the icky wrinkled neck). But I think of her as being quite a few years passed cute. She always strikes me as one of these moms of teenaged girls that does not embrace her attractiveness but always goes for the look of her teenaged daughter and daughter's friends. Borderline desperate.

lysie
Member Avatar

BJ Deveraux
Jan 5 2013, 11:20 AM
I will maintain that Melissa Reeves is an attractive woman for her age (minus the icky wrinkled neck). But I think of her as being quite a few years passed cute. She always strikes me as one of these moms of teenaged girls that does not embrace her attractiveness but always goes for the look of her teenaged daughter and daughter's friends. Borderline desperate.
Her granny wardrobe comes from her daughter and her daughter's friends?

vettejb

esp13
Jan 5 2013, 01:53 AM
michelle
Hopeless_Dreamer
michelle
Jan 4 2013, 02:25 PM
She stole Sami's kid.

Maybe she gave her a free pass.
I'm pretty sure Nicole spent time in jail for what she did. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And the grief sex was not deliberate or done deliberately. It was just a crazy thing that happened between two people grieving.

Had Nicole had a brain in her head, she would have FORGIVEN him and maybe celebrating the new year with EJ their child right now.

Instead, she's stuck in a convent playing footsie with Eric, playing besties with Rafe and pining for the Man who's Tan.
And the really sad thing is that as ridiculous as EJ has become I honestly believe Nicole is better off. Especially when it comes to playing footsie with Eric.
And if Nicole fans want her to have a man, then EJ does not even come close to qualifying. He is an insecure, traumatized little boy who feels he needs to be punished all the time by the woman he thinks should love him above all others (mommy issues).
Edited by vettejb, Jan 5 2013, 11:55 AM.

deletemyaccountplease

Mr is pretty but her skin is yuck

michelle
Member Avatar

We cannot control how our neck ages! It's a lousy, horrible thing!

Just wait all you young chickadees.

bomber
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 5 2013, 05:34 PM
We cannot control how our neck ages! It's a lousy, horrible thing!

Just wait all you young chickadees.
LMAO. Yep I'm the same age as MR and that's why I'm keeping right out of it.

Alana
Member Avatar

I really don't care about Missy's looks AT ALL...it's her acting choice's since she 's been back that bothers me A LOT!

Really Missy ...taebo??!! How about taking acting classes?

Sorry...rhetorical question.

Poor poor Parker!!!!!!

Kerenush
Member Avatar

vettejb
Jan 5 2013, 11:54 AM
esp13
Jan 5 2013, 01:53 AM
michelle
Hopeless_Dreamer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

And if Nicole fans want her to have a man, then EJ does not even come close to qualifying. He is an insecure, traumatized little boy who feels he needs to be punished all the time by the woman he thinks should love him above all others (mommy issues).
I don't think that EJ is insecure nor that he feels he "needs to be punished all the time by the woman he thinks should love him above all others". It was clear from the beginning that EJ loves Sami.. He just doesn't know what to do with this love. I also believe that Nicole or anyone else never were even close to that. He only tried to move on with Nicole because Sami wasn't available for him.

Yes he grew up without a mother but I think he turns out ok since he has a father like Stefano. This is, of course, my opinion.

concerned
Member Avatar

Kate and EJ Always able to deliver.

But seriously if it hadn't been spoiled that LK has a major storyline coming up I would be seriously worried.
A trip to see off screen "family" and LK and JS looked as though they were holding back the tears at one stage.
What on earth was going on there?

Anyway hope we all see the light soon.
Edited by concerned, Jan 6 2013, 05:06 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply