Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Steve Burton BIG NEWS on The Talk! (Updated 1/7)
Topic Started: Jan 4 2013, 03:36 PM (4,399 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Quote:

Angelica McDaniel ‏@AngelicaMcD
TUNE IN TV @1SteveBurton on #THETALK Monday! "RT @TheTalk_CBS: Daytime star #SteveBurton w/Big News 1/7 2pm ET/1pm PT/CT Don't miss!"

Quote:

Well he just announced he's going to start working tomorrow and his first show is January 29. He is playing Dylan McAvoy, a former soldier who has done two tours and has taken his father's architect company over and has come to town looking for someone.

Via Soapwatcher

TVLine Report: General Hospital Vet Steve Burton Joins Young and the Restless

Daytime TV vet Steve Burton, fresh off his run as General Hospital mobster Jason Morgan, next will surface on CBS’ The Young and the Restless.
RELATED | Will All My Children and One Life to Live Return from the Dead? Burning Questions!
While TV Guide Magazine, which first reported on the casting, says that details on Burton’s Y&R character have yet to be revealed, Daytime Confidential (among others) speculates that he will play Avery’s ex, Dylan McAvoy, who is a presumed-dead war vet. Such a “resurrection” surely would derail the romance between Avery (played by Jessica Collins) and Joshua Morrow’s Nick.
At Y&R, Burton would reunite with his onetime GH boss Jill Farren Phelps. Sources say he would begin taping after the holiday break, landing his CBS soap debut sometime during February sweeps.

TV Line
Edited by Daytime, Jan 7 2013, 03:04 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

what, he's going to be the new sharon boinker? lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

He's making it official! lol Will he be Nikki's son? =P

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

thanks for posting.

ratfink
Member Avatar

I didn't get to watch it...what did he say??? :popcorn:

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

It airs Monday.

kelly777
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Jan 4 2013, 04:09 PM
I watched "The Way We Were" last night and I decided that it just might be that Nikki has a long lost child. :jj: :jj: This would fit the bill. You know for certain they will link SBu to some core character to keep him no matter what since he is numero uno on the FOJ list. :drive: I just hope he doesn't take over the show the way it was at GH. :stars: :scared: :pray:

I wonder if the devastating news and the reason Nikki can't marry Pappy is because she is still married??? Boy is my mind going wild but it has to be something like that. At first I thought she had an illness but that movie has some sort of connection and illness wasn't it.

Edited by kelly777, Jan 4 2013, 10:19 PM.

ratfink
Member Avatar

Eric83
Jan 4 2013, 09:55 PM
It airs Monday.
Sorry, I knew that...I am recently retired and with the holidays and no work structure anymore I get my days mixed up...thanks for setting me straight :drunk: Happy New Year!

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

kelly777
Jan 4 2013, 10:10 PM
3WishGenie
I watched "The Way We Were" last night and I decided that it just might be that Nikki has a long lost child. :jj: :jj: This would fit the bill. You know for certain they will link SBu to some core character to keep him no matter what since he is numero uno on the FOJ list. :drive: I just hope he doesn't take over the show the way it was at GH. :stars: :scared: :pray:

I wonder if the devastating news and the reason Nikki can't marry Pappy is because she is still married??? Boy is my mind going wild but it has to be something like that. At first I thought she had an illness but that movie has some sort of connection and illness wasn't it.

Its highly plausible. They have a similar look and if he is to be Sharon's love interest then the Nikki vs Sharon feud will reignite. No way will Nikki let another son fall into Sharon's clutches :popcorn: Then there's Victoria, dont think she will like him one bit.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

kelly777
Jan 4 2013, 10:10 PM
3WishGenie

Quote:

Nikki can't marry Pappy is because she is still married???

Oh surely not, she's been married and divorced so many times the paper trail would be impossible to follow. lol

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Dylan better not be Nikki's son... I'll never hear the end of the "Sharon does siblings" joke which has been done to death lmao

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Whether Burton's character is related to Nicholas or not doesn't bother me. I just hope he is paired with Sharon. My Shick dreams have long gone, since it's obvious the show has no intentions of ever reuniting them for the long haul. In my mind, Burton and Case would have awesome chemistry, so I'll be perfectly fine with Sharon continuing to date Nicholas' relatives, LOL.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

someone said he will be on the VIEW not the talk.

kelly777
Member Avatar

^^ Naw, the promo was "The Talk" and the CBS Daytime person Tweeted it.

Soapwatcher

Well he just announced he's going to start working tomorrow and his first show is January 29. He is playing Dylan McAvoy, a former soldier who has done two tours and has taken his father's architect company over and has come to town looking for someone.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Dang, YR only tapes 3 weeks in advance then?!

Daytime
Member Avatar

TVLine Report: General Hospital Vet Steve Burton Joins Young and the Restless

Daytime TV vet Steve Burton, fresh off his run as General Hospital mobster Jason Morgan, next will surface on CBS’ The Young and the Restless.
RELATED | Will All My Children and One Life to Live Return from the Dead? Burning Questions!
While TV Guide Magazine, which first reported on the casting, says that details on Burton’s Y&R character have yet to be revealed, Daytime Confidential (among others) speculates that he will play Avery’s ex, Dylan McAvoy, who is a presumed-dead war vet. Such a “resurrection” surely would derail the romance between Avery (played by Jessica Collins) and Joshua Morrow’s Nick.
At Y&R, Burton would reunite with his onetime GH boss Jill Farren Phelps. Sources say he would begin taping after the holiday break, landing his CBS soap debut sometime during February sweeps.

TV Line
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Peridott
Member Avatar

Ally
Jan 7 2013, 02:57 PM
Dang, YR only tapes 3 weeks in advance then?!
3 to 5 weeks in advance, depends on how fast they wanna get someone on or offscreen.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

can't wait to see him on Y&R!

Checkers
Member Avatar

He looks like he has lost weight.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply