Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Steve Burton BIG NEWS on The Talk! (Updated 1/7)
Topic Started: Jan 4 2013, 03:36 PM (4,184 Views)
3WishGenie
Member Avatar

SBu actually looks refreshed and excited. As soon as he said, "James Franco and I are working together..." we can probably anticipate a JF appearance on Y&R at some point! plus he's an FOJ too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

James Franco? It better not be a long term thing. Watch he will be another one of Sheila's long lost children or David Kimble's long lost son.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Checkers
Jan 7 2013, 04:58 PM
James Franco? It better not be a long term thing. Watch he will be another one of Sheila's long lost children or David Kimble's long lost son.
JF would only be a guest appearance but its only a matter of time given the connections! lol

Checkers
Member Avatar

I'm just saying the whole Franco saga went on for so long at GH. I don't want that at Y&R.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Checkers
Jan 7 2013, 05:02 PM
I'm just saying the whole Franco saga went on for so long at GH. I don't want that at Y&R.
I think you're right. a few eps would suffice if it did happen.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Daytime
Jan 7 2013, 03:05 PM
TVLine Report: General Hospital Vet Steve Burton Joins Young and the Restless

Daytime TV vet Steve Burton, fresh off his run as General Hospital mobster Jason Morgan, next will surface on CBS’ The Young and the Restless.
RELATED | Will All My Children and One Life to Live Return from the Dead? Burning Questions!
While TV Guide Magazine, which first reported on the casting, says that details on Burton’s Y&R character have yet to be revealed, Daytime Confidential (among others) speculates that he will play Avery’s ex, Dylan McAvoy, who is a presumed-dead war vet. Such a “resurrection” surely would derail the romance between Avery (played by Jessica Collins) and Joshua Morrow’s Nick.
At Y&R, Burton would reunite with his onetime GH boss Jill Farren Phelps. Sources say he would begin taping after the holiday break, landing his CBS soap debut sometime during February sweeps.

TV Line
Avery's ex returns from the dead? Now that's going to be a great SL, or at least it can be, if they play it right, it's obvious Avery still has feelings for him.
Looking forward to this, Nick will actually have to fight for his lady love instead of having her fall all over him, like sharon and phyliss did.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Once Dylan hits it off with Sharon, Nick and Avery will be hitting the roof. Can't wait :D

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Checkers
Jan 7 2013, 04:26 PM

He looks like he has lost weight.
he's adorable, what a cute personality!
Bite me MM! lol
I love Sheryl Underwood, she cracks me up, kick Leslie to the curb, Sheryl could get that stick out of Neil's ass. lmao

talbab1994
Member Avatar

He really seems very happy to be on Y & R. I hope that the show will work with some type of balance and we won't be seeing him 8 days a week...

nukelove

Confused: is Dylan Avery's ex-husband or the guy she cheated on her ex-husband with?

Checkers
Member Avatar

nukelove
Jan 7 2013, 09:02 PM
Confused: is Dylan Avery's ex-husband or the guy she cheated on her ex-husband with?
Dylan is the guy she cheated with.

nukelove

Checkers
Jan 7 2013, 09:08 PM
nukelove
Jan 7 2013, 09:02 PM
Dylan is the guy she cheated with.

Oh! Ok, thank you.
Edited by nukelove, Jan 7 2013, 09:14 PM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Well I know SB is glad that he can finally burn all those black T-shirts and jeans he had to wear for the last decade on GH. I think he would look good in a suit.

soapflake02

off topic but sheryl underwood from Thetalk is very creepy, I hope some of these people have restraining oders on her.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Jan 7 2013, 09:25 PM
off topic but sheryl underwood from Thetalk is very creepy, I hope some of these people have restraining oders on her.
I stopped paying attention shortly after Holly and Leah were removed, the show was miles better with them imo.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I must say that Steven looked really good today on The Talk. Looks like he's lost some weight, he lost that bloated look.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Shick
Jan 7 2013, 07:12 PM
Once Dylan hits it off with Sharon, Nick and Avery will be hitting the roof. Can't wait :D
Now this is a quad worth watching with so many potential angles instead of the "delicious" triangle of doom.

Queen B
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Jan 8 2013, 03:21 AM
Shick
Jan 7 2013, 07:12 PM
Now this is a quad worth watching with so many potential angles instead of the "delicious" triangle of doom.
They could play on Nick's jealousy of Dylan, and Avery's jealousy of Sharon because she starts to connect with Dylan. There would be plenty of story to tell.. they just really need to insert Sharon and get her out of this Shadam/Chadam mess

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Jan 7 2013, 09:25 PM
why is she "creepy"? She's over the top funny. jmo

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Steve Burton to Play Avery's War Hero Ex Dylan McAvoy on The Young and the Restless
By Jamey Giddens on January 07, 2013

Ex-General Hospital hunk Steve Burton received the equivalent of a ticker tape parade today on The Talk. Burton allowed the CBS chatfest's co-hosts to officially announce his employment by sudser The Young and the Restless. The actor will be playing the role of Dylan McAvoy, war veteran and ex of Avery Clark (Jessica Collins).

Burton recently left the mega popular role of Jason Morgan on GH after 21 years, reportedly to spend more time with his family in Tennessee. He shared on The Talk that CBS Daytime is allowing him to go back and forth from Los Angeles to the land of the Grand Ole' Opry. He also revealed that he and Y&R producer Jill Farren Phelps—his former GH boss— are in talks with Sony TV about the telenovela project they've been creating with James Franco.

Source:Daytime Confidential

Edited by bellajewel, Jan 8 2013, 01:19 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply