Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
List of "Days" national preemptions for 2013; UPDATE: 5/27 & 6/6 are now confirmed
Topic Started: Jan 4 2013, 11:28 PM (1,603 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

LIST OF "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" NATIONAL PREEMPTIONS FOR 2013:

Mon. 1/21/13 INAUGURATION DAY*
Mon. 5/27/13 FRENCH OPEN TENNIS (MEMORIAL DAY)
Thu. 6/6/13 FRENCH OPEN TENNIS SEMIFNALS
Fri. 6/7/13 FRENCH OPEN TENNIS SEMIFINALS
Mon. 9/2/13 PGA GOLF: DEUTSCHE BANK CHAMPIONSHIP (Pacific Time Zone start time)
Thu. 11/28/13 NATIONAL DOG SHOW
Fri. 11/29/13 NHL HOCKEY

*WEATHER NOTE FOR 1/21/13: If weather causes outdoor events to be cancelled then coverage may conclude early. During the regular afternoon Days of Our Lives feed (1-2pm local time), NBC will have a stand-by episode prepared for possible re-instatement.

LOCAL PREEMPTIONS FOR MOUNTAIN/PACIFIC TIME ZONES: Thursday 6/13/13 and Friday 6/14/13, "Days" will be airing in different time slots for these two days only. US Open Golf will be airing in the usual "Days" time slot. "Days" will air at its normal time for Eastern/Central time zones.

HISTORICAL NOTE: "Days of Our Lives" had its second-most amount of preemptions ever in 2012, with 17 preemptions. 1973 (due to the Watergate Hearings) is the leader with 25 preemptions that year.
Edited by Jason47, Jan 19 2013, 01:10 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Thanks for posting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kerenush
Member Avatar

Thanks for the info Jason.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

Will this give Canada a chance to get ahead again?

TribeHines
Member Avatar

Thank you Jason

BradyB

So do we assume the show will be on past September?

Will&Sonny

I can only speak for myself, but yes, I think that the show will be renewed...but I'm not typically a "doom and gloom" person with regards to the show, and I don't think that it deserves to be cancelled, so there's that.

For better or for worse, they do a lot of things to keep the costs down and keep the show financially viable (such as filming months in advance). I think that those practices will continue to pay off, but that's just my prediction, which is worth less than nothing, since I have no insider information whatsoever.

bomber
Member Avatar

^^ I think the actors publicly asking for more airtime is a good indication that the show has been renewed. Why would you bother if there was only another few months to go? They've already filmed March and scripts are probably written until June so if it was going to be cancelled there would only be 3 more months left. you would also assumed that vets would have been asked to return if they were planning the finale and we know that's not the case - in fact it looks like the opposite.

am103
Member Avatar

I look for there to be a renewal announcement soon. I just don't think the show exactly screams "CANCELLATION!" yet, especially with Kristen/John/Marlena's story firing up the screen lately. Then again, OLTL was very good around the time it got cancelled, so I could be wrong.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I think Comcast/NBC/Sony are all trying to push for 50. And after ABC crashed and burned with "the Revolution", and it probably has them hesitant to cancel a show with passionate fans (even with such dwindling numbers as it stands at the moment).

I think we have at least a few years of Days left, and hopefully longer. Although they need to get their younger audience back up...18-49 and 18-34 are not their friends at the moment.
Edited by blueskies, Jan 5 2013, 01:57 AM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

BradyB
Jan 5 2013, 12:24 AM
So do we assume the show will be on past September?
I always think positive!!

Alin89
Member Avatar

im still very doubtful it will be renewed if it does may just for one more yr or six months. if it were to renew the writers need to change.

Jason47
Member Avatar

1/18 UPDATE: The preemptions for 5/27 and 6/6 were confirmed today.

LIST OF "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" NATIONAL PREEMPTIONS FOR 2013:

Mon. 1/21/13 INAUGURATION DAY*
Mon. 5/27/13 FRENCH OPEN TENNIS (MEMORIAL DAY)
Thu. 6/6/13 FRENCH OPEN TENNIS SEMIFNALS
Fri. 6/7/13 FRENCH OPEN TENNIS SEMIFINALS
Mon. 9/2/13 PGA GOLF: DEUTSCHE BANK CHAMPIONSHIP (Pacific Time Zone start time)
Thu. 11/28/13 NATIONAL DOG SHOW
Fri. 11/29/13 NHL HOCKEY

*WEATHER NOTE FOR 1/21/13: If weather causes outdoor events to be cancelled then coverage may conclude early. During the regular afternoon Days of Our Lives feed (1-2pm local time), NBC will have a stand-by episode prepared for possible re-instatement.

LOCAL PREEMPTIONS FOR MOUNTAIN/PACIFIC TIME ZONES: Thursday 6/13/13 and Friday 6/14/13, "Days" will be airing in different time slots for these two days only. US Open Golf will be airing in the usual "Days" time slot. "Days" will air at its normal time for Eastern/Central time zones.

HISTORICAL NOTE: "Days of Our Lives" had its second-most amount of preemptions ever in 2012, with 17 preemptions. 1973 (due to the Watergate Hearings) is the leader with 25 preemptions that year.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply