Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Top Chef: Seattle
Topic Started: Jan 5 2013, 08:03 PM (1,127 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Anyone else watching this season? This is the first season I've watched in a few years. Gave up on the show, but I'm loving this season.

I'm rooting for Kristen, Brooke, Lizzie & Stefan.

I can't stand Josh & Joise.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I am watching, I typically watch all star. Josie is annoying, I like the guy that won the knive set and the Japanese girl.

michelle
Member Avatar

I freaking love Top Chef!

I also adore Kristen, Brooke, Lizzie & Stefan plus a lil of Micah/Sheldon.

Loved John getting kicked off last week. Smug bastard and his damn nonsense ramblings about not sharing/sharing the pickles.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm on the fence. I think it's the strongest cast in years, but I'm also nervous that the challenges will get absurd like last year, and I'm not sure how exactly the LCK deal is going to work out.

Totally agree about John's booting last episode- that was satisfying. Someone as experienced as he is should have been able to work around a warped pot when cooking risotto, imho. And the pickles thing was bizarre.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I have watched every season and love this show. This is one of the stronger seasons for a while. Josie annoys me and I am shocked she is the one they thought to bring back. I didn't think she was very strong her season. Stefan and CJ were good ones to bring back since neither has been on an all-stars season.

I don't have a favorite this year which I think goes to how strong the cast is. Loved John getting kicked off last week thinking he was too good to have to cook again in order to save his behind. Smug jerk that acted like he should have been a Wolfgang Puck or Anthony Bourdain. There is one thing when they get villains, but this John was just an a-hole.

Kenny
Member Avatar

This season is good but nothing will ever top Marcel vs. Ilan for me.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Oh- eww. I hated the whole stuff with Marcel and the head-shaving, and how Bravo rearranged footage to make the incident look like something it wasn't, and how it made the show totally not about cooking at all.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

LOL The producers sure want to keep Josie in. I'm not too overly upset to see Micah gone.

Can anyone stop Kristen?

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Love Top Chef.

This season's Carla person gets on my nerves.

And I love the one from South Africa :)

aimees76
Member Avatar

For the life of me, I do not understand why Josie is still there. CANNOT stand to hear her laugh one. more. time.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

^Her laugh is horrible. I'm so scared she'll totally ruin Kristen's Restaurant war. I'll really hate it if we lose Kristen next week because of Josie.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I can't believe they sent Kristen home!

Surely she'll come back via Last Chance Kitchen, right?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Ugh. I knew they'd get rid of her the first chance they had. This is what bugs me about this show.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 17 2013, 01:06 AM
I can't believe they sent Kristen home!

Surely she'll come back via Last Chance Kitchen, right?
She would have to be CJ in a ace off and be the last chef whenever they decide to let a chef back in. Sort of like Redemption Island on Survivor.

I was getting irritated during the episode. I actually thought they were going to make the decision based on Stefan's service versus the actual taste of the food. You almost don't want to be wad chef for Restaurant Wars because the losing one almost always goes home. Kristin should have said more on why she told Josie to change the recipe. Josie needs to go

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

And...I'm done.

Kristen has two ways to get back in from what I can tell (LCK and the fan vote), and that's when I'll be back. She got punished for fumbling while making a massive effort and then being classy while Josie was rewarded for fucking up the one dish she was responsible for. In Tom's blog he pretends that if they'd known how bad Josie really was during prep they would have gotten rid of her instead.

But whatever. Mediocrity rewarded seems to me to be the last couple seasons. it's not fun to watch.

michelle
Member Avatar

px780
Jan 17 2013, 10:48 AM
And...I'm done.

Kristen has two ways to get back in from what I can tell (LCK and the fan vote), and that's when I'll be back. She got punished for fumbling while making a massive effort and then being classy while Josie was rewarded for fucking up the one dish she was responsible for. In Tom's blog he pretends that if they'd known how bad Josie really was during prep they would have gotten rid of her instead.

But whatever. Mediocrity rewarded seems to me to be the last couple seasons. it's not fun to watch.
I, too, was unbelievably pissed last night. Of course, I hate Josie and her OBNOXIOUS ass self, but I'm also pissed because Lizzie AND Brooke did not stand up for Kristin in front of the judges. They knew what was happening during the challenge, yet ultimately, were more concerned with keeping a shitty chef on the show than a GREAT one, to make it easier on themselves in the long run. And the show shouldn't be about that. You should win Top Chef, because you are the BEST chef.

It's like John and the pickles thing with Lizzie all over again.

But mostly, I blame PADMA. Cause she put ALL the blame on Kristin and not on Josie. Gail was spot on when she said that Josie was skating by and never taking responsibility for her own dishes, yet PADMA, wanted to blame Kristen for everything.

And the gelatin, the gelatin, the judges kept bringing up the gelatin. Who cares if they didn't use freaking gelatin in the bouillabaisse? Kristin said they used cream and soy milk and everyone said the broth was delicious, there just wasn't enough of it on the plate. Is that reason enough to send Kristin home, HELL NO! Emeril said his fish in the bouillabaisse was overcooked and his scallops were raw. This was JOSIE's FAULT and only JOSIE's FAULT - as she is the one who COOKED that dish. That bitch should have gone HOME.

At least, I know Kristin doesn't need this sow. She's a fabulous, beautiful chef who will go far.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'll admit, I didn't understand the gelatin argument exactly for the reason you said- they loved the broth. And if they loved the broth with the cream that was Kristen's idea, shouldn't she have gotten credit for that?

I was totally yelling at my tv, too. So I guess I should admit that it was good television, even if the outcome was absurd.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Does anybody know where I can watch Last Chance Kitchen online? Bravo has it blocked. FoodTV.ca hasn't added it :(

King
Member Avatar

I can't believe Josee is still there. She should have been gone WEEKS AGO!!!!!

Obviously, the judges love Brooke.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I'm so glad Josie finally went home! She really should have left last week instead of Kristen.

I really like four out of the Final 5. I'll be happy with either Brooke, Lizzie, Stefan or Sheldon winning. Don't care for Josh.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply