Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Agnes Nixon confirms AMC and OLTL online is a go
Topic Started: Dec 17 2012, 04:45 PM (1,565 Views)
Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Prospect Park Proposed Plans For AMC & OLTL: 30 Minute Episodes, Shooting in Stamford, CT!

As we head towards the New Year more details of Prospect Parkís plan to finally put All My Children and One Life to Live online are coming out or, shall we say, perhaps leaking out?

In the latest issue of Soap Opera Uncensored, Nelson Branco relates that through his inside sources and leaked documents it has have revealed that Prospect Park intends on shooting AMC and OLTL in studio spaces in Stamford, Connecticut, and that sets are currently being designed! In addition, the Prospect Park plan calls for their to be half hour episodes of both shows, with four new episodes a week and a recap show on Fridayís.

The licensing fees between Prospect Park and ABC have also been reportedly revealed by SOU which illustrates that All My Children was valued at half a million more than One Life! Even though, as we know, One Life was performing better in the ratings that AMC in the last few years of both shows network existence.

Additionally, there is an executive summary of the outline of the plans from Prospect Park posted by Branco which apparently contains more details into what Prospect Park powers-that-be Jeff Kwatinetz, Rich Frank, and Mike Lang are thinking and how they are constructing bringing the beloved soaps to the web.

Michael Fairman Soaps

Link

Agnes Nixon's Facebook post:

Dear Friends,
We did it!!
Here is the statement I am about to release to the press.
I am so pleased to share it with YOU first. This could never have happened without your unwavering support.
With deepest gratitude,
... Agnes

We of the One Life to Live and All My Children families are thrilled to bring our beloved viewers new, ongoing stories from Llanview and Pine Valley.

Iím overjoyed that so many actors you love have voiced their desire to bring their characters back to life.

Iím especially grateful to Prospect Park for deploying the power of you, our fans, to enable this exciting transition to dramatic production for the Internet. It's a historic moment, comparable to how life was changed when television took over from radio.

We hope this wonderful opportunity will be embraced by all as our creative teams gear up to bring our beloved serials back to our daily lives.

Agnes Nixon.
Edited by Eric83, Jan 4 2013, 10:28 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I'm skeptical. We will see. :mellow:

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'll believe it when I see it. Don't want to get my hopes crushed again. :(
Quote Post Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

I can't understand why I keep seeing "All soaps are up from last year!"

Y&R and DOOL are still in the shitter, and its going to stay there until something changes.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

So where's the money coming from? That was the fundamental problem last time around.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Posted By Jamey Giddens

At the 11th hour, it appears Prospect Park is moving forward with plans to bring One Live to Live and All My Children back via the Internet. Deadline is reporting the production company has inked deals with SAG-AFTRA and the DGA, and hopes to begin production in the first quarter of 2013.

I'd been hearing that Prospect Park hoped to extend their rights to AMC and OLTL, which had been set to expire at the end of January 2013. However, there has also been interest among both ABC's Daytime and Primetime divisions in the brands of late.

Additionally, Prospect Park principles Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz have been inquiring with literary agents who represent soap opera writers about their clients availability, according to my moles. I can't lie; I was hoping AMC and OLTL's rebirth would be under the stewardship of Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati, but if PP can make it happen this time around, I will be more than supportive. Here we go again...

Daytime Confidential
Edited by Daytime, Dec 17 2012, 05:19 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

:ermmmm: :mellow: I'm not getting my hopes up.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I didn't know it was already posted in Soaps news.. Maybe the mods can delete. :)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

With Broderick at DAYS, and Valentini/Carlivati on GH, I'm not sure I want to revisit Pine Valley or Llanview anymore.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

With Broderick at DAYS, and Valentini/Carlivati on GH, I'm not sure I want to revisit Pine Valley or Llanview anymore.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I don't wanna get my hopes up again since a lot of those cast members have moved onto other projects.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Dec 17 2012, 05:35 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

PP,Stop Playing with my fucking emotions.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Hell Yeah. Please let this happen. Lorraine Broderick should leave DAYS for AMC. Hoping maybe Valentini & Carlivati can still be involved in ONE LIFE. Most of ONE LIFE cast are available except Bree Williamson(Jessica) and Kearan Giovanni(Vivan). Erin Torpey could return as Jess, or the role could be recast with maybe someone like Martha Madison(ex-Belle, DAYS) or Alicia Leigh Willis(ex-Courtney, GH) in the role. The role of Vivian could easily be recast as well with maybe Kent King(ex-Lainie, GH). Roger Howarth(Todd), Michael Easton(McBain) & Kristen Alderson(Starr) could all stay on GH and guess from time to time to ONE LIFE or possible return to the show altogether. Hillary B. Smith(Nora) is just recurring, barely on I believe on B&B, so she could return. Hopefully Trevor St. John(Victor) could be persuaded to return as well, if not, Victor would have to be re-cast as well.

As far AMC, things would get complicated with Susan Lucci(Erica) on the new LIFETIME series DEVIOUS MAIDS, maybe she could do both since LIFETIME is a part of the ABC family. Randi & JR would have to be re-cast since Denise Vasi & Jacob Young are contract to other shows. Jay Kenneth Johnson (ex-Phillip, DAYS), Darin Brooks (ex-Max, DAYS), or Thad Luckinbill (ex-JT, Y&R) are possible JR's imho. Darnell Williams(Jesse) very likely could return since his Sarge role on Y&R is useless. Debbi Morgan(Angie) now available again so Angie could stay.

Mason
Member Avatar

At this point, what actors do they even expect to sign on to it again? Fool me once...

Tammy
Member Avatar

Why do these people want to screw with me like this lol!!!!! I am so not getting my hopes up!

Anon

Mason
Dec 17 2012, 06:17 PM
At this point, what actors do they even expect to sign on to it again? Fool me once...
I thought that they still had the actors under contract until January too. I read that GH had to pay Prospect Park royalties for using the characters and actors until the contract expired next month, and that's why they were dragging their feet about bringing on Natalie or anymore OLTL characters.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I suspect pigs will fly first.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I have no faith in these people. And I'm still pissed they ruined the endings of those two shows for a pipe dream.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I don't even know what to say. To say I'm cautiously optimistic is an understatement. I'm reading they hurried up this deal to prolong ABC getting back the rights. And supposedly ABC was wanting to do something with the soaps. Hmm. I guess they could be working together but I doubt it.

We shall see. I just don't trust them. Especially with their piss poor way of sharing information.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Wasn't AMC left with a total cliffhanger? No real ending at all?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply