Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Agnes Nixon confirms AMC and OLTL online is a go
Topic Started: Dec 17 2012, 04:45 PM (1,546 Views)
Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Prospect Park Proposed Plans For AMC & OLTL: 30 Minute Episodes, Shooting in Stamford, CT!

As we head towards the New Year more details of Prospect Park’s plan to finally put All My Children and One Life to Live online are coming out or, shall we say, perhaps leaking out?

In the latest issue of Soap Opera Uncensored, Nelson Branco relates that through his inside sources and leaked documents it has have revealed that Prospect Park intends on shooting AMC and OLTL in studio spaces in Stamford, Connecticut, and that sets are currently being designed! In addition, the Prospect Park plan calls for their to be half hour episodes of both shows, with four new episodes a week and a recap show on Friday’s.

The licensing fees between Prospect Park and ABC have also been reportedly revealed by SOU which illustrates that All My Children was valued at half a million more than One Life! Even though, as we know, One Life was performing better in the ratings that AMC in the last few years of both shows network existence.

Additionally, there is an executive summary of the outline of the plans from Prospect Park posted by Branco which apparently contains more details into what Prospect Park powers-that-be Jeff Kwatinetz, Rich Frank, and Mike Lang are thinking and how they are constructing bringing the beloved soaps to the web.

Michael Fairman Soaps

Link

Agnes Nixon's Facebook post:

Dear Friends,
We did it!!
Here is the statement I am about to release to the press.
I am so pleased to share it with YOU first. This could never have happened without your unwavering support.
With deepest gratitude,
... Agnes

We of the One Life to Live and All My Children families are thrilled to bring our beloved viewers new, ongoing stories from Llanview and Pine Valley.

I’m overjoyed that so many actors you love have voiced their desire to bring their characters back to life.

I’m especially grateful to Prospect Park for deploying the power of you, our fans, to enable this exciting transition to dramatic production for the Internet. It's a historic moment, comparable to how life was changed when television took over from radio.

We hope this wonderful opportunity will be embraced by all as our creative teams gear up to bring our beloved serials back to our daily lives.

Agnes Nixon.
Edited by Eric83, Jan 4 2013, 10:28 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
natdot99
Member Avatar

PP lied the first time and actors from both shows have move into other projects.
They should just let sleeping dogs lie.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Tammy
Dec 17 2012, 10:31 PM
Wasn't AMC left with a total cliffhanger? No real ending at all?
Yeah. But it basically ended the moment Erica Kane died so in a way it was kinda fitting. Unintentionally Sopranos-esq

Alin89
Member Avatar

ill believe when i see it

Tammy
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 18 2012, 12:29 AM
Tammy
Dec 17 2012, 10:31 PM
Wasn't AMC left with a total cliffhanger? No real ending at all?
Yeah. But it basically ended the moment Erica Kane died so in a way it was kinda fitting. Unintentionally Sopranos-esq
Whoa what? Erica died? :blink: I guess that is what I get for not watching AMC for the last few years it was on lol.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Erica didn't die.

JR was hiding in the Chandler Mansion and shot off a gun but the screen went blank so we don't know who was shot.
Edited by Eric83, Dec 18 2012, 01:34 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

So should we start the countdown now of how many weeks we go without any news from this? LOL

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I'm not sure if I would want the shows back in a gutted form, so many actors have moved on.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I don't think they had bad intentions, but poor planning and ideas that are just too big. Considering they have a few successful primetime projects, I wish they had tried to create a primetime spin-off for one of these shows and then the other could've been launched later as a daytime soap. AMC would've been perfect for a primetime spin-off centered around Erica and her children. I also think at this point with so many OLTL characters on GH and with so many actors moved on that they should either consider spin-offs, reboots or doing new shows altogether. I'm not sure how this is going to work.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah. AMC would have to be almost entirely restructured in a sense. OLTL could probably salvage a decent portion. If I were handling both shows, I'd rebuild core families. There are so many children of, and, long thought ignored vets that could be brought back. Yeah it could be a bit jarring but it would provide, in some sense, familiarity and also they could jump into tons of new stories while still wrapping up the past.

However, I'm probably giving them too much credit and know I'm shooting for far too much. That's even IF this happens. However, who's to say that the AMC cast isn't ready to revisit their roles? It has been a year. But if I were them, I'd still hesitate beyond belief to sign on with them after what happened last time. And also, Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams are also available, something she wasn't last time. And frankly, what has Rebecca Budig done all year? Where has she been? It's not like most aren't available, honestly.

Also, and I'm sure I would have seen it on here somewhere, but have any of the stars spoken out on this yet? I know Chrishell did a tweet.
Edited by KMan101, Dec 19 2012, 06:32 PM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I hope they try something. It would be an interesring experiment.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Dec 19 2012, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure if I would want the shows back in a gutted form, so many actors have moved on.
But really a lot of them haven't. There's not many I can think of that are currently in series.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Eric83
Dec 18 2012, 01:33 PM
Erica didn't die.

JR was hiding in the Chandler Mansion and shot off a gun but the screen went blank so we don't know who was shot.
She stepped in front of where he was shooting, Lucci wasn't going online, 1+1=2.

am103
Member Avatar

I would love to see OLTL come back, I've missed it so much.

But I'm not gonna be fooled again. These a-holes lied to us once, and I ain't gonna fall for it again. Not only that, but with OLTL's writers at GH now, I would be a little nervous about whose hands the fate of the show is in.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

More Tidbits about PP and their so-called resurgence of AMC & OLTL

Posted 12/17: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/all-my-children-one-life-403625

Posted 12/18: http://perezhilton.com/2012-12-18-one-life-to-live-all-my-children-revived-online-prospect-park#.UNTWaaztPgb

Posted 12/19: http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/report-susan-lucci-has-been-contacted-by-prospect-park-for-amc-revival/2012/12/19/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/12/22/report-abc-gives-prospect-park-additional-time-to-reboot-all-my-children-and-one-life-to-

Someone leaking Prospect Park's renewed interest in rebooting All My Children and One Life to Live to the mainstream entertainment media has apparently worked in the production company's favor. I'm hearing that ABC has in fact granted Prospect Park an extension on their license agreement. Whereas PP originally had to get production of AMC and OLTL off the ground by the end of January 2013, they reportedly now have until the end of February.

The question is, if PP is successful in relaunching specifically OLTL, what would that mean for the characters of Todd Manning (Roger Howarth), John McBain (Michael Easton) and Starr Manning (Kristen Alderson), all currently part of the General Hospital cast of characters?

"Prospect Park has the option to give General Hospital notice to cease using those characters," explains an insider.

Say what? Say huh? Would ABC really allow a production company that hasn't proven successful in relaunching two defunct daytime dramas on the web, to stop their remaining daytime soap from continuing to benefit from the ratings boon the OLTL characters have helped bring about at GH?

"ABC doesn't really make any money on [All My Children and One Life to Live] unless Prospect Park goes into production with them, and eventually airs them," says a network mole. "They benefit if Prospect Park is successful, because that's when the healthy licensing fees would kick in."

Sounds like Mickey Mouse wants to cut off his cartoon nose to spite his face. It would be insane for ABC to even consider letting Prospect Park have the characters of Todd, McBain and Starr back. First off, the actors—who are under contract with ABC—likely wouldn't want to leave their cushy gigs on GH for an untested project.

Howarth specifically has become integral to GH's success. The actor and his character test through the roof with focus groups! Here's hoping Vicki Dummer continues to prove she's much smarter than Brian Frons by not letting this madness happen.

Keep checking back with Daytime Confidential as this story develops!

NicoleLVR

All I really care about is Viki, Erica, and Dorian being back on my screens.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Updated the first post and title of the thread.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

CT? Who's going to agree to go there?

New Jersey would have atleast been a stretch.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Ginger Smith set to helm Prospect Park's AMC reboot!

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/12/23/all-my-childrens-ginger-smith-set-to-helm-prospect-park-reboot

SOD links to the same article but they also have a little tibit added from an 'actress source' who thinks Smith is a good pick
http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-ep-amc
Edited by KMan101, Dec 24 2012, 12:21 PM.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

Does anyone have a bio/picture of Ginger Smith? This is encouraging news but I am still very cautiously optimistic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply