Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Agnes Nixon confirms AMC and OLTL online is a go
Topic Started: Dec 17 2012, 04:45 PM (1,652 Views)
Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Prospect Park Proposed Plans For AMC & OLTL: 30 Minute Episodes, Shooting in Stamford, CT!

As we head towards the New Year more details of Prospect Park’s plan to finally put All My Children and One Life to Live online are coming out or, shall we say, perhaps leaking out?

In the latest issue of Soap Opera Uncensored, Nelson Branco relates that through his inside sources and leaked documents it has have revealed that Prospect Park intends on shooting AMC and OLTL in studio spaces in Stamford, Connecticut, and that sets are currently being designed! In addition, the Prospect Park plan calls for their to be half hour episodes of both shows, with four new episodes a week and a recap show on Friday’s.

The licensing fees between Prospect Park and ABC have also been reportedly revealed by SOU which illustrates that All My Children was valued at half a million more than One Life! Even though, as we know, One Life was performing better in the ratings that AMC in the last few years of both shows network existence.

Additionally, there is an executive summary of the outline of the plans from Prospect Park posted by Branco which apparently contains more details into what Prospect Park powers-that-be Jeff Kwatinetz, Rich Frank, and Mike Lang are thinking and how they are constructing bringing the beloved soaps to the web.

Michael Fairman Soaps

Link

Agnes Nixon's Facebook post:

Dear Friends,
We did it!!
Here is the statement I am about to release to the press.
I am so pleased to share it with YOU first. This could never have happened without your unwavering support.
With deepest gratitude,
... Agnes

We of the One Life to Live and All My Children families are thrilled to bring our beloved viewers new, ongoing stories from Llanview and Pine Valley.

I’m overjoyed that so many actors you love have voiced their desire to bring their characters back to life.

I’m especially grateful to Prospect Park for deploying the power of you, our fans, to enable this exciting transition to dramatic production for the Internet. It's a historic moment, comparable to how life was changed when television took over from radio.

We hope this wonderful opportunity will be embraced by all as our creative teams gear up to bring our beloved serials back to our daily lives.

Agnes Nixon.
Edited by Eric83, Jan 4 2013, 10:28 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great news! Hope to hear Darnell Williams announcing his exit from Y&R to join AMC.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Glad for Nixon! Still not exactly sure how well this is going to turn out.

Cupcake06

Yay!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Great news!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yes!

Fantastic news!

Methinks Agnes has been doing more work than we might have realized? I'd have to imagine a lot of the AMC cast doing this for her if she believes it's happening.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Apparently rumors are around that Darnell and even Michael Knight are onboard

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

KMan101
Jan 5 2013, 11:51 PM
Wow. Okay. Now, I'm going to start taking this seriously.

KMan101
Member Avatar

http://rdsn.net/buzz/2013/01/05/debbi-morgan-and-darnell-williams-join-new-all-my-children/

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

KMan101
Jan 5 2013, 11:51 PM
So AMC's up to 5 and OLTL still has 0? Good to see nothing's changed.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm going to assume AMC will debut first.

I do think it's interesting that maybe the AMC cast is more interested now as in more time has passed while OLTLers may not be as sold because of how burned they were last time. Or they might just not have approached any OLTLers. Not even rumors. Just an EP and rumors of them wanting John, Todd and Starr. I can see Erika and Kassie, who jumped last time, to be more hesitatant this time (I'd assume they would be some of the first if not THE first approached).

This isn't towards Drew at all but I don't wanna see this be a competition between the two shows. If this gets off the ground, we'll see both. They're not favoring one of the other. Last time OLTL was easier, this time AMC appears to be easier, like I said, I bet many of the OLTL cast were burned. I know if I was them I'd want to wait and see for sure, so maybe they opted to try AMC first?
Edited by KMan101, Jan 6 2013, 07:20 AM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

It still pisses me off that its all AMC people so far! lol
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Alicia Minshew was contacted

She posted this on her Twitter page
Quote:

“I’m so happy for all of you getting your ‘AMC’ and ‘OLTL’ shows back!”

Quote:

“Many of you have asked me-Yes I have been approached. No news yet!”

Also, Agnes posted a new message, plus another blurb about Alicia, which states she could have scheduling conflicts.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/01/agnes-nixon-pledges-to-do-everything-in.html
Edited by KMan101, Jan 6 2013, 08:45 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Cameron Mathison speaks out:

Quote:

“I’m thrilled for ‘All My Children’ & ‘OLTL’ fans that the shows seem to b making a comeback online. Nice job guys:)”

Quote:

“4 those asking, I’m not sure if I’ll be part of the new AMC. I’m lucky to be working these days, so I’m working on the scheduling:) Hope so!”

Stephanie Gatschet:
Quote:

”If Prospect Park wants me, of course I’m in!!! We’ll see… #AMC.”

Farah Fath speaks out: (The actress is said to have admitted to tweeting while drinking Heineken)

Quote:

“whats up everybody. strange night for me. drinking heineken..I’m also currently watching a moth die in my heineken’s condensation”

Quote:

“Even though I’m tipsy, you won’t get any Prospect Park answers out of me. I’ll believe it when I see it.”

Quote:

“like… why is an actor gonna sign on a line if it’s a maybe show? prove its a show, then hand me a pen. love ya!”

Quote:

“prospect park>>dead moths>>>Heinkens>>>>>>>”

Sounds like if it's proven you'll have to keep the stars away from this. I doubt PP will have any trouble signing stars if they want them. Only thing apparently stopping Cameron and Alicia would be scheduling so otherwise they'd likely be on it. Interesting.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Michele Val Jean (writer):
Quote:

Michele Val Jean ‏@MicheleValJean

4 the record, WGA not dragging its heels. Prospect Park chose to make deals w/other unions first. Talks begin with WGA this wk.

Also, saw on the other board that Rebecca Budig might be demanding too much money. LOL.
Edited by KMan101, Jan 6 2013, 09:03 PM.

corrsfan01

Debbie Morgan and Darnell Williams have signed on to 'AMC' according to Debbi Morgan's twitter

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 31 2012, 12:01 AM
And I'm hoping that they take the opportunity while they're doing this great experiment to really play with how they tell a story. If they try to do a bloated cast with the standard American soap story telling in 22 minutes this will fail. They need to really look to the success the UK and overseas have with the format. (Hollyoaks in particular as it combines the best of both worlds IMO, or Home and Away)
I agree about mirroring the format of Hollyoaks and other UK soaps. I want them to have standing outdoor sets like Hollyoaks, for regular location shooting and for the cast they need to have a good mix of original actors and new families so these shows feel fresh and also to get fresh talent on them. I don't want a half-assed continuation, I want a proper reboot. I want the tone to be more cutting edge as well. I'd LOVE stories like some of the ones I've seen on the UK soaps. I would love if they got a writer from over there to helm these shows. Bryan Kirkwood would be PERFECT for OLTL.

As for the endings, I don't worry about that too much. If the shows aren't doing well I'm sure they'll cancel them early enough that they can have proper endings. Passions filmed in advance, but they still were able to create a proper ending. I think we'll know fairly early on if this is going to be a success or a huge failure.

KMan101
Member Avatar

US soaps could benefit from learning from the UK soaps, especially with this move. I'm amazed at how they can regularly maintain such huge casts, though I don't know if they're as big as they used to be.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

I heard that Hulu would be broadcasting it - but that's only available to those USA. What about the other fans elsewhere?

skiman1208
Member Avatar

We should have an announcement later today from Prospect Park.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/prospect-park-to-confirm-all-my-children-one-life-to-live-revival-approaches-wga/

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's probably just going to tell us everything that's been leaked but I'm hopeful for more news or at least all of these "rumors" confirmed/denied, explained. I'm still probably expecting too much. We shall see.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply