Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, January 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 7 2013, 12:28 PM (8,882 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 7 2013, 10:59 PM
bomber
Jan 7 2013, 10:42 PM
I wonder if they're deliberately trying to downplay the Danloe chemistry to make Dannifer more appealing, just like they tried with JnJ.
Could be. Their sexual chemistry was off-the-chain HOT. And I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB deliberately stage things differently this time around in order not to showcase it. I loved Danloe back in the day.

Reminds me of Kate Walsh saying that Shonda Rhimes (writer/producer of "Grey's Anatomy") deliberately cut a lot of Derek/Addison's scenes, because Kate and Patrick Dempsey had too much chemistry and she didn't like it, lol. It would distract from her Mer/Der romance angle.
Derek and Addison so much better than mopy Meredith.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

"Are you alright are you Ok/"

Im fine .... oops wrong answer there Chloe should have faked a terminal disease or medical emergency.
Edited by concerned, Jan 7 2013, 11:14 PM.

bomber
Member Avatar

AFaithL
bomber
I wonder if they're deliberately trying to downplay the Danloe chemistry to make Dannifer more appealing, just like they tried with JnJ.
Could be. Their sexual chemistry was off-the-chain HOT. And I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB deliberately stage things differently this time around in order not to showcase it. I loved Danloe back in the day.

Reminds me of Kate Walsh saying that Shonda Rhimes (writer/producer of "Grey's Anatomy") deliberately cut a lot of Derek/Addison's scenes, because Kate and Patrick Dempsey had too much chemistry and she didn't like it, lol. It would distract from her Mer/Der romance angle.
I've never been a Dan fan but I did think he had great chemistry with Chloe but today he seemed cold and dismissive. It reminded me of how Jen was to Jack when he came back. At the time I put it down to MR's acting but seeing SC act so similarly makes me wonder if it's a deliberate attempt to make Dannifer look more palateable. Your comment about cutting scenes is interesting. I could see them doing that with Dan/Chloe but it's going to make it one long boring storyline.

concerned
Member Avatar

bomber
Jan 8 2013, 12:12 AM
AFaithL
bomber

I've never been a Dan fan but I did think he had great chemistry with Chloe but today he seemed cold and dismissive. It reminded me of how Jen was to Jack when he came back. At the time I put it down to MR's acting but seeing SC act so similarly makes me wonder if it's a deliberate attempt to make Dannifer look more palateable. Your comment about cutting scenes is interesting. I could see them doing that with Dan/Chloe but it's going to make it one long boring storyline.
You could wrap Dan and Jen in prosciutto and smother them in chocolate sauce. It's too late to make them palatable.
Get them together - send them on some noble mission - and move them off screen.

There are more than enough other players on the canvas to give Chloe viable storyline - and I don't want to see the baby orangutan replace the cuteness that Parker should have developed into with his original gene pool.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

LOVED Marlena in this episode. Go, girl, go!

Loved Chloe's snark about Jennifer and her (lack of) surprise that Jennifer is already moving on full steam ahead.

Watching Sami be a bitch is fun despite her profound hypocrisy. Love Kristen's smugness and perfect ability to provoke.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Ugh, get a life Abigail. She's taken over the reins of Jennifer's high horse.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Abby needs to do something drastic to not become another Jennifer copy. She has already shown her darker side by the stunt she did with Austin and she does have very strong opinions.

Hence involving with EJ would give the character some spunk,.... plus it would stop the triangle of hell (aka EJ).

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 7 2013, 02:45 PM
I found Abby annoyingly bitchy in those scenes with Lucas. I am usually satisfied with Kate Mansi's acting - but some of those snot/bitch faces felt a bit overdone.
abby seem hostile to lucas with of those snot/bitch faces before he said even word it seem waiting for something to snap on him

CatherineEarnshaw

Loved Sami today. This may be OOC but it makes more sense to me. And I liked the brief moment with John and Marlena.

what i didn't like (and believe is TOTALLY OOC) is marlena not telling john the entire truth when they had their confrontation. Marlena has never been threatened by Kristen in that way.

Deidre was great. Drake was better than expected but this is all fake conflict. my gut tells me that j/m will be offscreen a lot (GT clearly doesn't think they are valuable to the show). Maybe before they leave john will sleep with kristen. I wouldn't be suprised by anything.

This story would have worked better if Kristen had slowly convinced all the people in Marlena's life (Sami, BRady, Eric, etc) that she had changed and that Marlena was crazy. We would ahve believed that john believed kristen too, and then we would have found out before Kristen does that j/m are working together. But that would mean the writers know these characters and care to write a j/m love story.

concerned
Member Avatar

I could have been more concerned about their dilemna if I could have stopped thinking Marlena was going to break out into a chorus of Baby one more time.

Posted Image

Edited by concerned, Jan 8 2013, 05:57 AM.

andromeda

CatherineEarnshaw
Jan 8 2013, 05:49 AM
Loved Sami today. This may be OOC but it makes more sense to me. And I liked the brief moment with John and Marlena.

what i didn't like (and believe is TOTALLY OOC) is marlena not telling john the entire truth when they had their confrontation. Marlena has never been threatened by Kristen in that way.

Deidre was great. Drake was better than expected but this is all fake conflict. my gut tells me that j/m will be offscreen a lot (GT clearly doesn't think they are valuable to the show). Maybe before they leave john will sleep with kristen. I wouldn't be suprised by anything.

This story would have worked better if Kristen had slowly convinced all the people in Marlena's life (Sami, BRady, Eric, etc) that she had changed and that Marlena was crazy. We would ahve believed that john believed kristen too, and then we would have found out before Kristen does that j/m are working together. But that would mean the writers know these characters and care to write a j/m love story.
I love this post. Great idea. Sadly, these writers won't deliver.

Lil
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 7 2013, 05:04 PM
Watching Sami with Brady. Ha. Bet he wishes he had Eric back now. And what happened to Chloe's tits? I could have swore they use to bigger.
LOL!! I thought the same thing! I can only assume it is because they aren't dressing her like a street walker lol

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

The way Brady said, "I'm falling in love with you" made me laugh so hard. I mean you tell someone you're in love with them, then you should show some form of tenderness or affection.

esp13
Member Avatar

Just getting to watch this now. Chloe looks good. Daniel looks stunned. That's kind of fun already. It's gonna take Chloe the whole episode to spit this out, isn't it? That's why they have 30 second scenes. Why is Chloe calling Jennifer "Jennifer Horton" when she knows she was married to Jack. Wouldn't she know her as Jennifer Deveraux? I realize in the grand scheme of things that's a ridiculous question, but still . . . it makes me wonder. Yes Chloe, just say it. But no, first we have to have a bunch of exposition. Nice to know she's talking to Brady though. Hee! On Daniel calling Chloe on her inability to spit it out. Double hee!! on Chloe having none of it. And, finally, Chloe spits it out.

Marlena's hair looks good. I know it was the same hair from Friday, but I thought I would mention it today anyway. I got a minor glimpse of old school RoJohn in one of those looks that John gave Marlena. That was cool. I'm glad Marlena got to plead her case, but as much as I understand it, she was still in the wrong. And that makes me love this conflict. Marlena's right to be upset with John and even not trust him. But John's got a right to be upset too -- not just because Marlena knew, but because she set him up to find out. Oh Sami, all this "we" stuff is freaking me out. You don't usually say that many sentences in a row without making it all about you.

Sami being the ultimate hypocrite is always fun. Brady and Sami referring to each other as brother and sister is nice too. When will these people understand that the more they call Brady stupid, the more defensive he gets. It's really not that hard. I think it would have been absolutely hilarious if they had all just welcomed her to the family. Hey Sami! Your current semi-boyfriend is the man who tried to kill your step-father (you know, Brady's FATHER), not to mention your uncle, your aunt, your other uncle and various and sundry lesser relatives. And all of that happened a lot more recently than what Kristen did to your mother. I love how dismissive Kristen is of Sami. It's fun.

It's KAYLA and Caroline. Yay. MBE looks gorgeous. And Kayla is a Captain and Tenille (sp?) fan. I may be the only person on the planet who finds that endearing. The banter with Caroline was cute. The conversation with Stephanie was appropriately vague. As was that conversation with Caroline. And MBE does have awesome boots.

Jennifer and Abigail are not entertaining. I know it's supposed to be cute, but it's just really not. Maybe Lucas will spice things up. Well, Lucas is cute begging, but wrangling to get Kate a hotel room isn't entertaining. But this little snit has potential. Abby just step back. Your mother can fight her own battles. And she does so quite well.

Sadly, Brady and Kristen are already reaching boring territory. The heads exploding around them are fun, but they themselves, not so much.

Not a bad episode.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply