Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for December 24-28, 2012
Topic Started: Jan 8 2013, 01:37 AM (1,385 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

From Soap Opera Network:

Ratings Report for the Week of December 24-28, 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,851,000 (+510,000/-234,000) *
2. B&B 3,550,000 (+346,000/+134,000)
3. GH 3,017,000 (+217,000/+590,000) <----- 2 year high **
4. DAYS 2,547,000 (+252,000/-164,000)

* New high for JFP/JG regime
** New high for FV/RC regime
** Highest since December 27-31,2010

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/9 (+.2/-.2)
2. B&B 2.5/7 (+.1/+.1)
3. GH 2.1/6 (+.1/+.4)
4. DAYS 1.9/5 (+.1/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 856,000 (+119,000/-90,000) *
2. GH 693,000 (same/+143,000)
3. B&B 669,000 (+41,000/+46,000)
4. DAYS 542,000 (+74,000/-59,000)

* New high for JFP/JG regime

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/7 (+.1/-.2)
2. GH 1.1/6 (same/+.2)
3. B&B 1.0/5 (same/same)
4. DAYS 0.8/4 (+.1/-.1)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/01/ratings-christmas-increases-for-all-soaps-gh-hits-3-million-viewers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Those Sharon/Nick interactions helped Y&R clearly... hehe :p

Alin89
Member Avatar

i dont have much hope for days unless we have a writer change or a filming schedule change.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Congrats GH!

I have to say that was the first week from JG/JFP that I have enjoyed. Looks to be an XMAS bump and Y&R needed it.

Evan
Member Avatar

It's noticeable that Y&R and GH are both benefitting from recent alterations to their headwriting teams.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

:omg: GH gained 3 million viewers :wow: Keep up the fantastic shows :applause: They are the best show :cheer:

camera shy

What the hell are they doing over at GH? When I used to watch the show and read their message boards about two years ago, the fans complained about the show as much as we do now about Days. What saved them? Up three million?!

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jan 8 2013, 09:26 AM
What the hell are they doing over at GH? When I used to watch the show and read their message boards about two years ago, the fans complained about the show as much as we do now about Days. What saved them? Up three million?!
in short words version better writing and balance nobody over expose any more
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jan 9 2013, 05:57 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

camera shy
Jan 8 2013, 09:26 AM
The show is no longer focusing on the mob, no more about Sonny/Carly/Jason...it's a show with actual story lines that involve pretty much the entire canvas and every week there appears to be something happening. They have vets circle in and out of stories and vets the fans actually relate with the show....it's a more balanced and better show over all.

On these ratings for Days....I wish that soaps wouldn't have these weekly inflated ratings around the holidays because then they get the 200K +drops in viewers from one week to the other after the holidays are over.....oh well....we'll see what the ratings are by the end of January and see what is going on then.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

GH :wub2:

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

OMG! Gh hit 3 million! Hell yea!

james0479
Member Avatar

It's amazing to see these numbers for GH! Makes me wish I was a viewer so I could've been apart of something that is obviously a drastic and well accepted change. Kudos to them.

As for my show, Days, glad to see the numbers increase but they always go back and forth so much, it's not enough to get excited about. To me, I've enjoyed the show lately. I'm nervous however knowing Dannifer will hog an even bigger amount of screen time in the next month. Blah

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I would feel better about Days if I saw small sustainable gains over a period of months rather than a 200K increase in one week. This usually spells that they will have a huge drop in weeks to come.

am103
Member Avatar

Happy for GH viewers. If B&B isn't careful, GH might sneak up and take that #2 spot sometime soon!

I really wish FV and RC would've come to Days after OLTL got cancelled, lol. It would be nice to have a regime who appreciates the show's history and vets and utilizes them in well-thought-out stories. Days has the potential to be excellent, we just need people in there who knows what they're doing.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Go General Hospital!!

annie21

LuvingLumi
Jan 8 2013, 05:14 PM
I would feel better about Days if I saw small sustainable gains over a period of months rather than a 200K increase in one week. This usually spells that they will have a huge drop in weeks to come.
Even with the 200K jump from the previous week, the show is still significantly down from last year (i.e., lower than MarDar). Yes, we can assume that MarDar had a similar bump from their previous week, but bottom line, no one at Days should be jumping for joy at these numbers.

natdot99
Member Avatar

am103
Jan 8 2013, 06:49 PM
Happy for GH viewers. If B&B isn't careful, GH might sneak up and take that #2 spot sometime soon!

I really wish FV and RC would've come to Days after OLTL got cancelled, lol. It would be nice to have a regime who appreciates the show's history and vets and utilizes them in well-thought-out stories. Days has the potential to be excellent, we just need people in there who knows what they're doing.
If GH hits the number two spot over the B&B, then that should tell Brad Bell that the viewers are sick of the triangle from hell(Steffy/Liam/Hope) crapfest. :soapbox:
It no need for soap opera writers to reinvent old stories for the new generation of viewers. Some viewers can watch the Brooke/Ridge/Taylor play out on youtube.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply