Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
About.com comings and goings Jan 8
Topic Started: Jan 8 2013, 11:47 AM (4,976 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I hope this is temporary. Though he's been a real douche lately, he's essential to everything going on with Marlena/Brady/Kristen right now. Talk about bad timing. John off canvas when he's needed, Philip off canvas when he's needed, Bo off unseen in some room somewhere...not good.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Idiot producers,John Black would NEVER EVER walk out on his family.Marlena without John,seriously,did they not learn from before or do they wanna be flooded with letters and emails by angry fans again.If anyone needs to leave DOOL it is the moron producers damn it.

ShaneDOOLFan

the only thing I can really think of is that they wanted to guarantee more episodes for a later time. Maybe Deidre has a higher episode guarantee than Drake?

am103
Member Avatar

It's funny how when Shawn Christian took a three-week break from the show this time last year, we heard about it a month in advance and the writers and soap magazines made a huge deal about it. Drake is taking the same amount of time off and it barely got a blip of attention on About.com

Too much attention given to the wrong characters. Exactly what is wrong with this show, imo.
Edited by am103, Jan 8 2013, 01:37 PM.

AFaithL

granolagirl
Jan 8 2013, 12:36 PM
This feels quite a bit like the BTS beats in the Bo/Hope/Carly saga.
Carly was not a villain, though. And she wasn't bedding Bo's son.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

am103
Jan 8 2013, 01:37 PM
It's funny how when Shawn Christian took a three-week break from the show this time last year, we heard about it a month in advance and the writers and soap magazines made a huge deal about it. Drake is taking the same amount of time off and it barely got a blip of attention on About.com

Too much attention given to the wrong characters. Exactly what is wrong with this show, imo.
IKR! they are fucking idiots to give all this attention to the likes of Daniel and treat a fan fav character like John like shit!

granolagirl
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 8 2013, 01:46 PM
granolagirl
Jan 8 2013, 12:36 PM
This feels quite a bit like the BTS beats in the Bo/Hope/Carly saga.
Carly was not a villain, though. And she wasn't bedding Bo's son.
BTS = "behind the scenes." Crystal and Eileen were both much hyped returns likely to play spoilers to major couples. The story cooks for a little while, then we have the leading man taking a break and the returning woman shifting into other stories... I'm just sayin'.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 8 2013, 11:59 AM
None of this makes sense to me. If he's only gone a few weeks, he's already back. We know he's back because there has been at least one pic on set with him. And why would Drake wait until now to ask for support when he filmed John leaving town three months ago?
Mentioning it three months ago would have spoiled the story and risked confusing fans who didn't understand how John would be at risk when he was on screen a lot. Waiting until people would be outraged about the break anyway makes more sense. Plus leaving town is usually never good unless it's an actor directed break. Remember when Lucas went to rehab? It's a way to gauge fan reaction to the absence.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 8 2013, 02:05 PM
lysie
None of this makes sense to me. If he's only gone a few weeks, he's already back. We know he's back because there has been at least one pic on set with him. And why would Drake wait until now to ask for support when he filmed John leaving town three months ago?
Mentioning it three months ago would have spoiled the story and risked confusing fans who didn't understand how John would be at risk when he was on screen a lot. Waiting until people would be outraged about the break anyway makes more sense. Plus leaving town is usually never good unless it's an actor directed break. Remember when Lucas went to rehab? It's a way to gauge fan reaction to the absence.
But it doesn't sound like it's for very long and we already know he's back.

annie21

Well, he definitely seems to have learned something right before Christmas that brought him to tweet out about it. So maybe he's seeing something further up ahead that he doesn't like. And he tweeted that he couldn't believe the scripts he was breaking down over the holidays, but he didn't say whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 8 2013, 02:24 PM
six
lysie
But he sees the writing on the wall. It's like- the guy in my avatar is planning to leave town, and I'm unfazed because characters plan to leave without actually gong anywhere all the time, but if the actor got on twitter and said what DH did, I'd know there might be something more to it and start complaining once that kind of talk hit the screen.

With DH, I'm not sure how long it's for, but even a few weeks is enough time to see if people mind that he's gone.
Edited by six, Jan 8 2013, 02:40 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 8 2013, 02:39 PM
lysie
six
lysie
But he sees the writing on the wall. It's like- the guy in my avatar is planning to leave town, and I'm unfazed because characters plan to leave without actually gong anywhere all the time, but if the actor got on twitter and said what DH, I'd know there might be something more to it and start complaining once that kind of talk hit the screen.

With DH, I'm not sure how long it's for, but even a few weeks is enough time to see if people mind that he's gone.
I'm not really disagreeing, but I don't think the pieces we have really make any sense. The timing of all of it is just weird.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Glad I stopped watching this show long ago. They just make bad decision after bad decision.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 8 2013, 02:41 PM
six
Jan 8 2013, 02:39 PM
lysie
six

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
But he sees the writing on the wall. It's like- the guy in my avatar is planning to leave town, and I'm unfazed because characters plan to leave without actually gong anywhere all the time, but if the actor got on twitter and said what DH, I'd know there might be something more to it and start complaining once that kind of talk hit the screen.

I'm not really disagreeing, but I don't think the pieces we have really make any sense. The timing of all of it is just weird.
Shockingly, it all fits together logically, for me. ;)

bomber
Member Avatar

My best uneducated guess is that they wrote DH out for a few weeks back in October. Now he's got the next set of scripts and he's been written out again so he knows the writing's on the wall - hence the tweets. BD has also looked through the new scripts and seen nothing (or very little) for Lucas so he has also tried tweeting some support but been told to shut up by TPTB.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

OMG terrible news. I don' want John to go anywhere, and I don't want to see anymore of that bitchy hospital staffer who hates Jennifer. I'm not Team Jennifer, but that woman makes me want to be LOL.

annie21

Shick
Jan 8 2013, 02:59 PM
... I don't want to see anymore of that bitchy hospital staffer who hates Jennifer. I'm not Team Jennifer, but that woman makes me want to be LOL.
Interesting, because your reaction supports my theory that it's the sole reason that character exists... to make you feel sympathy for poor, put-upon Jennifer.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 8 2013, 03:15 PM
Shick
Jan 8 2013, 02:59 PM
... I don't want to see anymore of that bitchy hospital staffer who hates Jennifer. I'm not Team Jennifer, but that woman makes me want to be LOL.
Interesting, because your reaction supports my theory that it's the sole reason that character exists... to make you feel sympathy for poor, put-upon Jennifer.

Everyone is thrown under the bus for Dannifer, Chloe coming back after last year's prostitution and now Kate's going to give sweet Jenn that information so she can be the saint and not use it against Chloe. How much anyone wanna bet that Chloe leaves town in disgrace as the ex-hooker to leave Dannifer to raise Parker. No wonder the rating are so low :x

Vicky4Mimi

The show is like unside downtown or something. Weird things going on like the horrible spoilers for next week, John missing and TPTB telling Bryan he's fans want him on screen too much so we need to stop. What is making sense here? Sami trusting the devil of the Dimera's, Jen running to a womanizer less than 3 months after the love of her live dies, Brady in love with Kristen, Bo's there, but not really? Lucas shows up to yell at Jen once in a while, Rafe, Billie,or Roman aren't arresting EJ for the whole money stuff with John's company that started a lot of the mess they are in now? EJ should be sitting in jail. Nicole, not able to get over DAN?? And Chloe being just as stupid?? Please tell me, where is my show and what have they done with it????????

jules

Kevc1980
Jan 8 2013, 02:42 PM
Glad I stopped watching this show long ago. They just make bad decision after bad decision.
ITA, nothing makes sense to me either. What little interest I have left in the show is totally gone without John and Marlena.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply